Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ A Normal Life ❯ Chapter 13

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:
I own nothing but Heero-Plushie, whom I use to keep Moonkitty's Godzilla-Relena from chomping me. ^_^

Authoress Note: WAHAHAHA!! I left ya'll hanging...I did a wonderful job, mixing irony and angst. WAHAHAHA!! Ayanami LOVED that last chapter! Now, on to the next. Oh, and those of you who said you would kill me if I didn't make is all better... go and read my other fics. When have I not made it all better? I like angst in the middle and sap up the wazoo in the end!! ^_^

Tama-neko: *sigh* Yes, yes, we know, now can we get started?

Heero-Plushie: *deathglare*

Ayanami: Kawaii!!! *glomp* OK, let's get going!!

Tama-neko: *sigh*

* * * * *

A Normal Life: Chapter 13

* * * * *

"It's only the girls bathroom."

Oh, I'm going to KILL you, Karou. Heero thought, This is all your fault. But Relena's more important... He gently pushed open the door, and walked in. Rounding the corner, he discovered that it was much like the boys bathroom, minus the urinals, missing toilet paper, and incredible stench.

"Relena?" he called out softly, only to be answered with a sob. She was curled up in a corner, crying into her sweater. "Relena...we-"

"Go away." she said suddenly, with unexpected strength. It was not a request, nor a suggestion. It was an order.

Heero Yuy didn't follow orders anymore.

"Relena," he knelt down beside her. "We need to talk." he placed a hand on her shoulder, only to have it slapped away.

"About what?" she demanded, not facing him. "You already know everything."

Heero took a deep breath, and said, "Why didn't you tell me before?"

Her head shot up, and she looked right at him. Her eyes clearly said "Can he really be that dense?" The answer in his eyes was "Yes."

"Why did you feel you couldn't tell me?" he pressed gently.

"I...I...I can't explain it..." she stuttered. "You wouldn't understand." she finished. You can't just talk about these things...it just doesn't happen that way....does it?

"Try me." he dared.

"Do you care? That I was...was..." he voice cracked, as her words were buried under her sobs.

Oh, shit. This was something he had expected. A 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' situation. He'd spent enough time with women to pick up some stuff. If he answered 'yes', then, Yes, he cared about that fact that she was raped, and didn't care about her anymore. if he answered 'no', then, No, he didn't give a damn about what they did to her. He was treading on thin ice, and he step carefully.

"Yes, it matters. It matters to me, and it matters to you, but it will never change..." he broke off. He'd never admitted his feelings for her, although he was pretty sure she felt the same way.

"Change what?" she asked, a hopeful glint under all the sorrow in her eyes. She stared right at him, waiting.

"It would never change...how I feel for you." he finished. He closed his eyes, and hoped for the best. She's either going to slap me or hug me...God, I hope- his thoughts were cut off as asked another question.

"And, exactly how do you feel for me?" she asked, her breath becoming short.

Three words tumbled out of his mouth before he stop them. Not that he wanted to. "I love you."

Relena gasped, and stared at him for a moment. Then a smile spread across her face, dispite her tears. "Heero..." she whispered, before she threw her arms around his shoulders, hugging him tightly. He was all to glad to hug her back.

After a few moments, she had another question. "You said it mattered to you. Why?"

"Because it means I have some people to kill." he replied.

"For once, I'm not going to argue." she said, burying her face in his shoulder, crying some more. He held her as she let out all the stress and fear from the last week. When she was finally done, she pulled away and smiled. "I have something you need to know."

"And that is...?" he prompted, getting up, and offering her an hand.

"You didn't hear out whole conversation when you eavesdropped, " she accented the word with a hit to his shoulder, "on us."

"And what did I miss?" he asked.

"I wasn't...." she couldn't bring herself to say the word, "I wasn't... he only got real close to it..."

He knew what she meant, and frowned. "And you didn't tell me this before....why?"

"Would it have made a difference?" she asked.

"Yes. Now, instead of killing them, I'll just seriously maim them." he said, cheerfully, as if looking forward to the event. Relena burst out laughing at the remark, and made her way for the sink. After washing off her face, Heero led her outside, where Karou was waiting.

"Took you two long enough." she remarked, noticing their happy faces. "Now, Heero, I have a bone to pick with you. You see, while you two where in there making out, I was standing out here starving! It's lunch! Let's eat!"

"And why didn't you ditch us before to get some food?" Heero asked, narrowing his eyes.

"You have my lunch money, idiot!"

* * * * *

OK, I made it better!! ^_^ All happy again, now we need more sap, ne?

* * * * *

-Ayanami_Chan
ayanami_rei@softhome.net
http://go.to/aya nami_shrine