Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ A Normal Life ❯ Chapter 14

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:
It ain't mine... *sniff*

Authoress Note: WAAAHH!!! The night before we returned, I didn't sleep, and I can't sleep on planes, and the layover in Paris was so short I couldn't sleep there, and they served us DUCK for dinner on the plane (well, it was FranceAir), and once we reached LAX I had been awake for 40 hours straight, and then the buses took us to the school and then I finally feel asleep on the school front lawn when my brother woke me up to tell me to get in the van, then when I got home I slept for 15 hours, and woke up at 7:00 pm!! My days and nights were completely switched!! Once I was back on LA time I went online sorted through my 179 new e-mail messages and then discovered that FF.net was down! Then my two little brothers returned from my aunts house, and brought my two cousins with them!! Now I have to take care of 3 devil boys and 1 Mini-Me!! Then I started to write...and discovered I had writers block!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

*sigh* Ayanami needs a vacation from her vacation...

* * * * *

A Normal Life: Chapter 14

* * * * *

Relena was sitting on the small bed in Heero's guest room, writing in her History notebook, which doubled as a journal. It wasn't like she was actually going to take notes on the part Romafeller played in the war.

2/6/98

So much has happened today, and I'm so happy... Heero told me that... I can't write it down, I don't know why. It just seems wrong to write that.. but anyway, I'm really happy. Even so, I'm really, really jumpy. I'm still scared. Even Ayame has noticed. Once, she patted me on the shoulder, and mumbled something. Aiko translated it as "It's OK. We're here. Don't be scared." She so perceptive and sweet, it's not fair that she's too young to talk. At least she can talk through Aiko.

I wonder about the two of them, and the bond they share. Is that normal, or is it just them? They seem like twins some of the time, even though the obviously aren't. I have no idea if this is how sisters are suppose to be... I never spent much time around children. Even if any babies did live near us, I would have never had a chance to babysit. That's what happens when you're rich. Maybe me and Millardo shared such a bond, but I don't remember, and I doubt that he does either.

Which reminds me. I want to call them, but Heero forbids it, and with good reason. Calls can be traced. Still, I want to know how they are doing, and how much Millardo is worrying about me. He was against the idea of me coming here in the first place, even though he knew it was the best thing to do. And I have to thank Noin. I owe her so much. I have to thank her for being there for me, for helping me through the hardest times, for convincing Millardo to send me here, and most of all for getting to the doctor before him, and keeping... that... a secret. She's the best sister-in-law I could have ever hoped for.

I know that the two of them are searching out my attackers right now. That gives me some comfort, even though I always feel scared. The only time I wasn't thinking about that in the back of my mind was when Heero was holding me... it felt so right...

Oh, I've got to go, it's dinnertime. Who would have guessed? Heero Yuy can cook!

~Relena

She closed the book and put in her backpack. As she closed the zipper, a knock sounded at her door.

"Come in." she called out. The door opened, and Duo stuck his head in.

"Hey, 'Jousan, Dinner's ready!" he flashed a grin at her, and she got up.

"I know, I'm coming." she said, and he grinned again, walking down the hallway, his braid swinging behind him. She followed him to the kitchen.

"Lena!!" Ayame screamed from her high chair, giggling. Relena smiled warmly at her, and she smiled back. Ayame's attention was then focused on the plate of spaghetti placed before her. She giggled again, and dug in.

"Five bucks says that she's got more spaghetti on her face than in it..." Duo wagered. That was a bet he'd probably win, too. He favored her with a big grin, before slurping up a noodle. The end of it swung up and slapped him in the nose, leaving a small spot of sauce. Both little girls laughed and clapped. Duo did a little mock-bow, and sat back, preening.

Aiko and Ayame both tired to recreate his little stunt. Aiko was the more successful of the two, the noodle whacking her in the forehead. She giggled, and watched Duo try it again. He slurped up a second noodle, leaving even more sauce on his nose.

Ayame giggled and pointed behind Duo. Aiko looked to where she was pointing and screamed.

"Ahhh!!! Uncle Duo!! Make him stop!" she cried as she ducked under the table.

"Huh?" Duo turned around. His eyes bugged out as he saw what stood behind him. Relena was in stiches, and Heero was video taping the entire scene.

"Smile for the camera." Heero taunted, recording all of the priceless expressions on Duo's face.

"NOO!!" he screamed, lunging after Heero. Unfortunately for him, he tripped, and his sauce-covered nose met the floor with a smack. He lifted his head, and looked at Heero with a glare rivaling any the Perfect Soldier himself could do. He pulled himself up, and ran after Heero once more.

Heero stepped back in retreat, not that he really needed to. Duo, in his haste to remove Heero's head, ran forward and slipped on the sauce his nose had left on the floor. His rear end (and what a fine rear end it is...) connected to the floor with a thud. He muffled a curse and stood, rubbing his sore cheek.

Heero was laughing so hard that it was amazing he kept the camera so steady. Aiko lifted her head above the table and asked, "What did he say?"

"Fuu-Kuu!!" Ayame answered cheerfully, before returning to playing with her food.

"Fuu-kuu? What does Fuu-kuu mean?" she asked innocently.

"Umm...well...you'd better ask Uncle Duo that..." Relena stuttered, laughing.

Aiko jumped up and attached herself to Duo's arm. "Uncle Duo, what does Fuu-Kuu mean?" she asked, her brow furrowed in confusion.

"Um...err...well...

"Duo, are corrupting my girls?" Heero asked, trying to stifle his laughter.

"Uhh...but...well...umm....ahh..." he stuttered, not quite sure how to rectify the situation.

Karou walked in, and observed the scene. Heero had a video camera, Duo had spaghetti sauce on his nose and was looking quite flustered, Aiko was looking innocently lost, Relena was laughing so hard she fell off the chair, and Ayame had spaghetti all over her half of the table, and even more on herself, and she was chanting "Fuu-Kuu! Fuu-Kuu! Fuu-Kuu!"

"OK, someone's going to explain what's going on, right now." she said, putting her hands on her hips. Everyone just stared at her for a moment. When she didn't get a response, she took action. "Heero, turn off that camera. Now." She ordered. He simply focused the camera on her, just in time to catch a handful of spaghetti hit her in the face. She gasped, and send a deadly glare in the direction the flying pasta had come from.

"Fuu-Kuu!" Ayame giggled, wound up, and threw some more.

* * * * *

Well, I hope you like it... all of my beta readers are still on vacation so I was the only one who proofread it.

And lastly, tommorow band camp starts, so Ayanami will be very busy again. *sigh* I hate to admit it, but I like the school year better than summer. During summer it's too hot, and I always have so much to do! During the school year I never have anything to do. Life is wierd like that, ne?

*hugs for all*

* * * * *

-Ayanami_Chan
ayanami_rei@softhome.net
http://go.to/aya nami_shrine