Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ A Normal Life ❯ Chapter 16

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:
*Ayanami flips off lawyers*

Authoress Note: Ayanami woke up at 10:30 this morning... God, I love summer! ^_^

Warning: Swearing in this chapter.

* * * * *

A Normal Life: Chapter 16

* * * * *

The sun peaked over the ocean just as Heero and Relena drove into the Sank Kingdom's capital city. Relena had fallen asleep, still holding onto Heero tightly. The three motorcycles pulled up to the front gate, where they got off.

Heero gently shook Relena, trying to wake her up. She yawned, rubbing her eyes with her knuckles. Looking at her angel with blurry eyes, she asked, "Are we there yet?"

He nodded, and put an arm around her shoulders, and guided her to the small control panel by the front gate. "Now, if you would be so kind as to let us in?" he asked, teasingly. Relena typed in the code to the lock, and settled her head against Heero's chest. The large, ornate gates swung open as she tried to go back to sleep.

Duo picked up the still sleeping Aiko and walked through the gate, muttering about the ungodly hour, and "stupid terrorists, why can't they wait till a decent hour to attack?"

"Karou, how's your leg?" Heero called, concerned.

"It *ow* hurts *ow* like *ow* fucking *ow* hell." she said as she walked over, accenting each step with an "ow" or some other explicative term.

He closed the distance between them, and looked at her makeshift bandage, which was stained with fresh blood. "Get inside. Now." he ordered. "Relena, is there a doctor in the Estate?"

Relena nodded absently. "Sally's visiting Noin..."

"Good, bring her in, and take her to Sally." he said, and picked up Ayame, who had woken up enough to get off the bike and curl up under one of the cherry trees that lined the wall. He cradled the girl in his arms, and followed them down the long walkway.

Before Relena and Karou reached the front door (which Duo had forgot to close when he stumbled in) Noin appeared and rushed out to help the girls. She started talking at a hundred miles a second, asking about what happened, why were they here, who this girl was, and why the hell had Duo brought a little girl with him. Relena jerked a thumb at Heero and said, "Ask him."

Noin frowned, and led the two girls in. Duo was there, sleeping on one of the sofas, Aiko curled up against his arm. They both collapsed on the two unoccupied sofas, and Relena laid down closing her eyes. Karou propped up her wounded leg on the coffee table, and soon joined Relena in unconsciousness.

Heero walked in a second later and grimly looked around. He noted that everyone was asleep, except for an irate Noin. "You had better tell me what's going on, because I'm sure as hell not going to let you fall asleep like them until you do." she threatened.

He sighed, and placed Ayame next to her sister. "Where do you want me to start?"

"Well, who are they?" she pointed towards the two little girls.

"Sorry, we're not starting there. That's much too long of a story." he explained. "I'll start with why we're all here." he said, and she nodded, glaring. Heero sat down on the couch Relena was sleeping on, taking up the free space next to her head. He reiterated the attack, and the run from his house.

He just about finished his explanation when Zechs walked in the door, clothed entirely in black. He looked just as tired as Heero, both men with bags under their eyes from a very stressful night. Zechs narrowed his eyes, and scanned the room before meeting and returning Heero's glare.

"You're going to tell me everything after I get some sleep." he said, pulling off a black trenchcoat and tossing it to the side. He walked out of the room, Noin on his heels.

"You get some sleep too, Heero. I'll wake up Sally and tell her to look at your friends leg." she smiled softly as Heero almost instantly fell into a deep sleep.

* * * * *

Hours later, Duo stirred. He could hear a tiny voice within him, speaking to him. Feed me. it said. His violet eyes blinked open, and he rubbed his growling stomach. "Oh, I need FOOD!" he announced to the sleeping people surrounding him. When he received no answer but a halfhearted snore, He shrugged, and said, "Your loss."

He pulled himself off of the expensive leather couch, and frowned. "Why am I sleeping on the couch again?" he asked, wondering if Hilde was mad at him again, or if had just collapsed there. He shrugged, and said, "I'll remember once I've had something to eat!"

"Uncle Duo, can I have something to eat too?" Aiko asked, rubbing her eyes.

"Oh, you're awake, Aiko-chan." he said, and smiled. "Sure, let's go find the kitchen."

"OK!" she said, and followed him out.

Heero awoke a short while later to find Duo and Aiko gone, presumably to the mischief that was the norm for both of them. He stood up with the intention of finding them, and perhaps getting a bite to eat. He only succeeded in the latter part of his quest, and left Duo and Aiko to whatever they were doing, no matter how much he might regret it later. Duo's knowledge of practical jokes, and Aiko's detailed knowledge of Heero's weak points was a deadly combination. He shrugged it off, and made his way back to the front room, where everyone else was still asleep. He noticed that Karou's leg was bound with a clean white bandage, and was no longer bleeding.

He saw Relena slightly sobbing in her sleep, in the midst of a nightmare. His eyes softened, and he sat next to her, debating on what to do. But, before his mind came to a conclusion, he pulled her into his arms, and held her close. Her sobbing instantly ceased, and she rested her head on his shoulder. Soon, Heero too fell asleep, still cradling Relena in his warm embrace.

"Aww...now ain't that cute..." Duo said, Aiko giggling. "Hmm...now what cruel and unusual thing can we do to your Dad and 'Lena?" he asked. Aiko tugged on his shirt, and pointed at his ear. He got down on one knee, and the little terror whispered into his ear. His eyes widened, and a sadistic grin slowly spread across his face. "I could get used to having you around, Aiko-chan."

She giggled again, as they started their planning.

* * * * *

I know it's short, but it's all I can do right now.

Oh, and as to the plans of Duo and Aiko...suggestions? Please? *hugs*

* * * * *

-Ayanami_Chan
ayanami_rei@softhome.net
http://go.to/aya nami_shrine