Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ A Part of Me ❯ Goodbye Old Friend ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Goodbye old friend



"You were there for every moment of my life. You have shared all the happiness , sadness , love , hate , and pain. Thats why I love you , for you are a part of me."

::Flashback::
She watched as the truck drove loaded up , one warm tear falling down her cheek. " We'll meet again , promise me that." Naomi softly whined , looking at Ryu.
He smiled softly , his normally happy eyes clouded with pain. " Yeah , well become Gundam pilots , just like we promised each other." He stuck his hands deep into his pockets , eyes glaring at the ground as he kicked a miscellaneous rock.
Naomi smiled, embrassing him fully. She let all of the tears fall down her cheeks. " Why do you have to leave? Why now? We both got accepted to train for piloting and we are only 14. We got this far together and I want to finish it like that!"
He wrapped his arms around her and let her cry. Out of the 8 years they had been together, he thought he would be used to the crying. Her being such a lovely girl , many boyfriends had come and gone along with fights at home and failures in her life. Still , everytime see cried it was like someone was tearing his heart out. Torturing him by letting him see the most important thing ever suffer pain."Didnt I say we would be friends forever. I will never forget you. Even if it takes me ten years , I will find you again." He smiled widely , trying to prove everything would be okay.
She laughed softly and replied , " You are right." Naomi wiped her eyes with the end of her oversized sleve.
"Ryu, we are about to leave. Cmon honey." His mother cried , holding his little sisters hand , as she walked to the car.
Naomi's eyes widened as the tears began to form again."No," she whispered. She grabbed Ryu's arm and tugged harshly. " NO! "
Ryu pulled away softly. " Lets not end it like this" He looked deep into her eyes. " You are my dearest friend. Let me atleast see you smile once more."
She watched as the mover's truck slowly started up and slowly started to move. In the background she heard Ryu's mother scream his name. She glazed into Ryu's eyes smiled. " We will meet again. We are meant to be friends forever." She kissed him on the cheek and whispered into his ear. "Dont forget me. Ill see you soon."
Ryu smiled and nodded, turning away trotting over to the car. He got in and his father started up the car. As it started to move he rolled down the window and screamed "GOODBYE NAOMI-CHAN! I'LL MISS YOU MORE THAN YOU'LL EVER KNOW!"
Naomi waved back and started running after the car. "GOODBYE!" She chased the car until she could no longer see it. She slowly walked back to her house and looked at all the places her and Ryu used to play. The trees the swung in, the nieghborhood pool, and all the houses the visited. As she neared her house , she glanced at Ryu's empty house.' I miss you already' she thought as she entered her house with the slam of the door.


time:: 2053 (3 years later)
She looked out of the window of her instructer's office. "I thought the war was over. I mean , maybe Im crazy but 2 years ago we all stopped fighting. The colonies have been peaceful for 2 years. There is no need for me and my Bloodstar, just like we werent needed the first time around."
"I know this may be hard for you to understand , Naomi" Mrs.Une sighed softly. " There is a colony that has been building up reserves ever since the war ended. They have been planning for a moment like this for a long time."
"How could this be. All the colonies signed Relena's peace contract. And even if someone would have went against it, you all should have relized these actions way before now." Naomi watched the snow falling, coating the grounds. It was the first time she ever thought of headquarters looking peaceful.
"It was underground work. They were taking in shipments of weapons, ammunition, metal, and so much more under the name of 'Food supplies'. After we relized the surplus of food they were recieving, we check it out and they were getting weapons." Une layed back and started to softly rub her temples. " I thought that this was over. I wanted peace so much. And now some colony has to do this. And not any colony , just the wealthiest and biggest of all the colonies."
Naomi turned to look at Une. " I heard they had about as many people on that colony as all the others put together. Is that true?"
She nodded slightly , pushing her chair out from under her chair. "We need you now, we cant locate but 2 of the older pilots. We have already trained a few other people to also fight and their Gundams are being completed at the time. If we could only find the other two we would we have an undefetable army."
Naomi neared the edge of Une's desk. Papers were thrown all over the top. All that caught her eye was a picture of a blonde haired girl. Her eyes were cold and lifeless. She shuddered a bit as she looked away. " Who are the pilots you cant find?" She thought to herself 'Heero and Duo'.
"Heero and Trowa. Heero hasnt been seen in over a year. The last bank account that he had was closed 11 months ago and there have not been any purchases with his name on it. Its like he dissapeared. And Trowa ran away with Cathrine over 6 months ago. Nothing heard from them either." Lady Une stood , rumaging through the papers on her desk. She finally stopped holding up one manilla folder. " You will be traveling to Arabia to meet with the Gundam Pilot Quatre Raberba Winner. Here you will also get you Bloodstar upgraded to its full form. After this you will join with Wufie Chang and Duo Maxwell in our base in Russia.Then you will travel to Sanct Kingdom where you are inroll into the school. Your priority here is to meet the new Gundam pilots and to get the information for the mission. That is if you choose to accept."
Naomi nodded thinking to herself. ' To actually be able to fight with the other Gundams. To be in the war. To feel the rush of helping others.' She snatchped the manilla folder , flipping through it eagerly. "Une , you know I would never pass this up. I have been at this base for the last 3 years waiting for this.
Une smiled , slightly exhausted. " I know. Well then you should go pack. I will inform the officers to load Bloodstar. You will be leaving tomorrow."
Naomi bowed to her commander and spun around on her heel. Exiting the room , she let out her muffled scream of excitement. "IM GOING TO FLY BLOODSTAR!" With that she ran to her quarters, packing being her first priority.

do not own Gundam Wing nor do I claim any of their characters as my own. Also , in my story , the Endless Waltz portion never appeared .