Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ A walk in the light of day ❯ Demons in the Doorway ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Heero took a step out of the shower; the cold air hit him in the chest. He smiled shaking the water from his hair. He walked up to the foggy mirror; he reached his finger up and traced along the reflective surface. He smiled as he wrote his name. Everything seemed to be going well here in this house. He was happy here. He needed to get dressed and get ready to leave. His mission started tonight, he needed to get all his bags packed, get his things together, and also to tell Wufei he was leaving for a mission. He had spent a week not telling Wufei. He hated telling Wufei that he was going to be absent for a while, but at this time it was unavoidable. Noin had made it quite clear that he could not delay this mission anymore then he had.
“Heero,” Wufei knocked on the bathroom door. “There is a mailer here for you.”
Fully dressed he opened the door. A very unhappy Wufei stood there holding the manila folder. “I was going to tell you.” Heero sighed.
“When after you were six steps out the door?” Wufei sounded so indignant. Heero shook his head, and reached his hand forward for Wufei's. “I'm sorry.” Heero did mean what he said but his monotone held a lot back. “Ai Shiteru, Zutto.” He rarely spoke that allowed especially where Wufei could hear it. Wufei nodded.
“Just make sure you come back to me please.” Wufei leaned over kissing Heero's forehead. “Be safe, and be blessed.” He nodded to his friend.
“I'll make it up to you I swear.” Heero put his arms around Wufei and gave him a tight hug. “Promise.”
“You owe me Yuy.” Wufei smiled at him.
“I know.” Heero nodded. “I need to get packed come sit and talk with me a while.” Wufei nodded, Heero reached back and took his hand and lead him across the hall.
 
Duo blinked. Had he just seen what he had thought he saw? Heero and Wufei being close? Wow, he knew they were together but he had no idea how absolutely cute they were!
“That was so fucking cute!” Duo gasped under his breath.
“What was cute Duo?” Quatre walked up beside him.
“Heero and Wufei!” Duo sighed gently.
“Yeah, they are pretty adorable, good thing they are happy.”
“Yeah. Good thing.” Duo sighed he felt so ousted.
“Well we're going go take a nap duo, we'll talk to you in a few hours.” Quatre smiled.
“Nap? It's the middle of the morning why would you be taking…” Duo stopped “Never mind I don't want to know.”
Quatre giggled, “Yeah you don't” Trowa took Quatre's hand and lead him off to their room. Duo turned and leaned his back on the wall of the hallway and in a small fit of loneliness, in a small bout of despair he slid down the wall and landed on the floor, arms across his knees head down.
“I hate being the only one who is without someone to love.” He simply knew he had a heart, cause now, even now he felt it breaking, he felt it shatter into his chest, into a thousand little atomies, that could not be put back together no matter how much you would try to fix him. “I don't wish to be alone anymore,” he sighed as the tear ran off his nose. “no more do I wish that.”
 
“You need to tell me when you go on missions like this.” Wufei sighed “I hate not knowing cause then you leave last minute and I can't do anything special for you before you go.” Heero nodded as he packed his bag.
“I adore you and you need not do anything for me before I go on missions.” Heero sat next to Wufei on the bed. “I am perfectly all right just being us the way we are.” Heero looked up and started to rub Wufei's back. “Though you are right, I should inform you about when I am leaving and when I expect to return.
“Helps me not worry so much.”
“Hey now.” Heero shot him a look; “I call you when I'm away. Don't I?”
“Yes you do.” Wufei rolled his eyes.
“I let you know where I am, not what I'm doing until the mission is over but at least you know where I'm at.” Heero yawned a bit.
“Tired Heero?”
“A little.”
“Then lets take a short nap, it'll do you some good.” Wufei smiled at Heero. Heero gave him a small kiss on the lips and turned back into bed and crawled under the comforter. Heero reached over and set the alarm for an hour, and pulled Wufei over beside him. “We'll talk more when we get up.”