Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ A Witch's Way to Love ❯ A Witch's Spell ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: Keiran

Title: A Witch's Way to Love 1/3

Pairings: 1x2, 3+4, implied 13+2

Rating: R. Although it probably is overrated.

Genre: Romance, some angst, AU

Warnings: Shounen-ai, mild yaoi. Lime (it was supposed to be lemon, but…), past mpreg.

Archive: my site: the URL is on my profile page. If you want it, drop me a line. ^_^
Notes: This is a fusion with the movie 'Witch Way Love'.

This fic is betaed by Sundaire. <hits the fic with 'Sundaire approved' seal>

***

The highway was virtually empty at 6 o'clock in the morning. Only one car sped through the early mist - a blood-red, apparently self-made, car. It was pretty small, its curves elegant and stylish. It resembled closely what people normally call a Beetle, but one that was made with one thought in mind: the car had to be cute.

Inside the car sat a young man, approximately twenty-years old. He smiled to himself while the speedometer slowly crawled to the right. His long auburn hair, done in a neat braid, was casually thrown over his back. His eyes surveyed the road before him, with the eyes of a person who knows perfectly well that nothing will get in their way. He sang softly in tune with songs that played on the radio.

The seat next to him was occupied by a soundly sleeping child, at whom the driver glanced fondly from time to time.

"We're almost there, baby," he said finally, with a bright smile on his face. Through the window the Heathrow airport could be seen.

~*~The Day Before~*~

Heero Yuy was not a happy person. His manager was driving him nuts, his project needed to be finished yesterday and now, on top of everything, he needed to go to London, of all places. He didn't like going abroad. Hell, he disliked walking out his own door! Don't even let him get started on Europe. But of course, what the mighty Milliardo says must be done. The only ray of sunshine (and the only thing that kept him from screaming) was that he was going to England, not Hungaryfor example. At least he would be able to communicate with the locals.

Regardless, Heero felt like biting suddenly. Preferably blondes. He heard someone talking in one of the other rooms. Speak of the devil.

"You are not packed yet? Heero, you are leaving in two hours!"

"Tell me something I don't know," the dark-haired man growled. His manager strolled into the room comfortably, putting his cell phone away.

"Don't worry. I've just called Relena, she'll be here in no time at all. She can do wonders when it comes to packing," Heero growled once again. Great. The day just couldn't get any better. "I've got it all covered, you'll be picked up at Heathrow tomorrow at 7. I've also called for a taxi; it'll be here in twenty minutes."

"Great. Get my luggage down when it's ready," Heero snorted.

"Where are you going?" The blonde man was clearly panicked. "You can't leave now!"

"Hn. I'm going to the café. Don't forget to pack my laptop."

"Sure, no worries!" Milliardo beamed. "That must be Relena," he added, hearing the doorbell ring. Heero nodded and tore through his apartment, managing only to catch the bag with the prototype of his invention. He threw a quick 'hello' to the entering woman and ran downstairs. He found a spot in the small café, ordered an espresso and a toast, settling down to wait.

True to his word, fifteen minutes later Milliardo appeared carrying Heero's duffel bag and laptop case.

"There you are. I've sent the details of your meeting in Londonto your e-mail," he added. "Should you need anything give me a call. I've got connections."

"Hn." Heero finished his coffee. Suddenly the expression on Milliardo's face changed, taking on a more pleading quality.

"For God's sake, Heero, remember you are to explain the details of your invention to a complete layman. So, please no technical talk! That's important if we want those 'palm-comps' of yours to be a commercial success."

"Yes, I know," the man cut in firmly, rising from his chair. The taxi had arrived.

"I'll come to Londonin three days. You only have one important meeting till that time, so no pressure! Relax!" the blonde man screamed, running after the yellow cab. Inside Heero closed his eyes. Perhaps it wouldn't be as bad. At least Relena wouldn't be there. She was becoming more and more troublesome, ever since she realized that the handsome, rich, geeky protégée of her brother's would make an excellent husband. Up until that point, she was quite a good friend.

The arrival at the airport and the loading went rather smoothly. Heero found his seat and concentrated on getting some sleep.

***

Far away, a tall man in his thirties stood over the corpse of a drowned man. He fished a notebook from his pocket, finding a to-do list. 'Iu Abed, aged 31' joined three already crossed out names; 'Oni Castel, aged 61', 'Een Giem, aged 51,' and 'Paam Bloom, aged 41.' [1]

The final line read 'Heero Yuy, aged 21.'

***

For the young programmer, the landing in Londonwas as uneventful as the start. Heero waited until the last passengers left the plane before going out. The problems started when he collected his luggage and searched for the person who was supposed to pick him up. He expected a business executive, a man (or a woman) dressed in a smart suit, around thirty years of age. However, the man holding a 'Mr. Yuy' card was probably in his early twenties; had a braid that reached down to mid-thigh and on top of it all was holding a one-year-old baby as well. His clothing wasn't exactly elegant either - he was wearing a T-shirt covered with a paned flannel shirt and blue jeans.

At exactly that time, outside the airport, a young man was settling himself inside of a black limousine - his hair was pale blonde, his eyes the color of the Caribbean Sea. Right next to the car, a man dressed in a formal black suit threw a card in the garbage. The writings on the card said 'Mr. Yuy.'

Heero walked over hesitantly. The long-haired man beamed at him.

"Mr. Yuy? Nice to meet you! My name is Duo Maxwell and I'll be your guide. This is my son, Solo," he added, indicating the child. His speech bore a slight Irish accent.

"Hello." Heero answered cautiously. His guide beamed once again and reached for his luggage.

"I can deal with that," the dark-haired boy said rather stiffly.

"Nonsense! You're my guest. Besides, I don't think so."

"What do you mean 'I don't think so?'"

"You seem a bit geeky to me," the man answered as if it explained everything. "Here, hold the baby. You should be able to manage that." He picked up Heero's duffle, laptop case and another smaller bag and marched energetically outside. Heero trailed behind fuming. How dare this… person insult him! He was perfectly capable of dealing with his own luggage! He was still fuming when they reached the tiny red car. Duo put Heero's things in the trunk and took the baby back. "Would you mind getting into the backseat? Thanks," Duo said, sitting Solo in his chair in the front seat. Heero inhaled huffily but complied. After double-checking the safety harness on the baby, Duo fired the ignition and the tiny vehicle left the airport.

"There we go," he exclaimed cheerfully once they were on the highway.

"I thought Londonwas that way!" Heero said seeing them pass a green board.

"I know a couple of shortcuts," Duo replied stepping on the gas pedal. The speedometer went haywire and Heero gripped the edges of the seat until his knuckles turned white.

"There is a police car chasing us!" he exclaimed suddenly, noticing the blazing lights behind the tiny car. His driver turned his head, mildly interested.

"That's nice," he remarked casually, never changing the speed.

"Don't you have to stop or something!?" Heero yelled.

"Technically I should, but we don't have that much time," Duo said, changing lanes suddenly. He got off the highway going into a city they were just passing. He managed to lose the police somehow.

"You are crazy! I'm getting out," Heero pulled the door of the car open when they slowed down in a empty street.

"If you get out now, you'll have to walk."

"Better walk than get killed by you and your driving!"

"Not that I want to be annoying or anything, but it's going to rain," Duo said, getting out as well and leaning against the trunk. The dark-haired man didn't even acknowledge his statement. Duo shrugged his shoulders and got into the car. He looked at his son. "He is insufferable, you know?" Then he started to relax. His eyes fluttered shut as he took a couple deep breaths. A few seconds has passed and out of the blue drops of water started falling onto the windscreen.

Heero, meanwhile, decided it was not one of his best days. It started to rain heavily, and he was dressed in naught but shirt and his favorite violet tie. He angrily stalked forward, even when he heard the car starting up again and following him. He glared into the window when he was poked lightly. Glared and almost went limp.

Duo was holding his invention, asking it for Milliardo's number. Heero lunged for it.

"What were you doing? You could have broken it!" he screamed when it was kept out of his reach.

"Chill out. I can manage it, geek-boy. Are you getting back in the car?" Duo smiled cheekily.

Heero grumbled. "Fine. But give me my palm-comp back."

"Get inside first." The smile, if possible, got even cheekier. The dark-haired man could do nothing but comply. He opened the back door and sat down.

"I'm in," he growled.

"Fasten your seatbelt." Heero barely stopped his teeth from gritting. He fastened the seatbelt and leaned forward.

"Can I have it back now?"

"Good geek-boy! Yes, you can have your reward now," Duo said lightly, handing the small device back. "What's the deal with this thingie anyway? It's not your wife or anything, is it? You could always have another phone."

"It is not a phone. And I couldn't have another, this is the only one," Heero said stiffly. "My father invented it, but he didn't get to finish before he died. So I did."

"Oh, family business. What does it do?" One hand left its position on the steering wheel and waved near a strange root hanging from the ceiling. Immediately a sweet smell filled the car.

"It's a new kind of palmtop," Heero replied. He couldn't resist the sincere curiosity sounding in that voice. "But it is much more effective. It recognizes the voice of its owner; can type up what you speak; has the memory of a standard computer. It connects to the internet via the radio, and it can be used as a phone. It also has an added bonus of having its complete software; it doesn't need to use Microsoft's products. If the batteries aren't dead, like they almost are now. What did you do to it?" But the threat wasn't nearly as convincing as it should be, since he was almost completely relaxed by then.

"Heavens save us from Windows, right?" Duo said, glancing into the rear mirror and smiling.

Soon they left the town behind, and after a few more minutes they turned again, this time onto a narrow lane, running along a wheat field. Heero watched the road lazily, not commenting even when Duo suddenly drove into the woods, stopping on a small clearing. Solo started to wail at almost exactly same time.

"I guess he needs to have his diaper changed," Duo said cheerfully, taking his shoes, socks and the outer shirt off. "Please do that Mr. Yuy." While saying that the driver reached out and pulled at Heero's hair sharply.

"Ouch, what was that for?" the man cried.

"A bug. Sorry I pulled your hair," Duo smiled cutely. Heero glared and turned back to the problem at hand, namely, how one changes a baby's diaper?

Meanwhile, the guide retrieved a leather case from the back of the car and arranged nine white candles in a circle on the ground. He opened the case and took out a small, old, silver goblet. He kneeled and placed it before himself. He opened his fist where a tight bundle of three dark hairs lay and added a few extracted from his own head. A match was lighted to burn together a few dark brown and auburn hairs; the ashes fell into the cup. Some sweet-smelling herbs followed; together, all was crushed and mixed carefully. Lastly, the longhaired man poured liquid honey, muttering strangely the whole time, and stirred everything. By the time he was finished Heero managed somehow to make little Solo happy by changing his dirty diaper. However his only comment was a rather uninformative 'Hn.'

"What are you doing?" he asked bewildered, seeing the circle of burning candles. Duo rose and handed him the goblet.

"You're too stressed. Drink it."

"What are we doing here anyway? We were supposed to go to London!"

Duo smiled beatifically. "I thought we may have a little picnic beforehand. Drink up," Heero obediently raised the utensil to his mouth and gulped down the contents. It frustrated him to no end, having to follow some kid's commands, but he decided it might be better to go along. Said kid could only bring trouble when annoyed. However, he hoped he wouldn't have to drink much of this stuff.

"What's in it?" he asked, disgusted.

"Honey, ash, lovage, other herbs."

"That doesn't seem appropriate for a relaxing cup of tea," Heero remarked.

"It's not. It's a love potion," Duo explained leaning over his baby. The child's eyes closed slowly as his father murmured a soft lullaby.

"A love potion? And I'm supposed to fall in love right now? Because it isn't working," Heero said firmly, setting the cup down. Duo giggled, pushing him backwards, into the circle.

"Not right now… you need to want me too."

Heero fell backwards. He was lying spread-eagled on the soft grass. Duo wasted no time in straddling him. He quickly eased Heero's tie and hung it on his own shoulder, then undid the other man's shirt. He smiled cutely, catching Heero's bemused gaze. He reached for a jug and poured some honey onto Heero's naked chest, spreading it around with his hand. Then Duo leaned forward slightly, bringing his palm to his lips and licking the honey of it. Heero's eyes followed the pink tongue's movement. He licked his own lips, but before he could voice anything Duo rose, taking the violet tie off his shoulder. He started walking in circles around Heero's prone figure, singing strange words. His nimble fingers were tying knots on the thinner part of the tie, one knot per lap. With every passing Heero was finding the strange creature more and more alluring, wanting nothing more than to touch and be touched by him. His thoughts disappeared in a haze of emotions; there was nothing but auburn and violets under his eyelids. Strangely enough Heero's clothing seemed to share the sentiment, undoing itself with each knot, leaving the man barefoot, belt unbuckled, trousers undone.

Finally, there were nine knots on the necktie. Duo tied it properly and straddled Heero once again, putting the cravat around his captive's neck. He glanced into Heero's eyes searchingly. Seemingly satisfied, he lowered his head, kissing the other man deeply, receiving an eager response almost immediately. The dark-haired man thrust his tongue deep inside the honey-sweetened mouth, tasting every inch of it. He brought his hands up to lift the T-shirt that separated their chests, all but tearing it away. Heero let his hands roam the smooth skin, taking in the defined muscles and delicate texture.

The brief contact didn't satisfy him - he rolled them over, so that he was on top, at the same time pushing his hips against the other man's. Heero placed his lips against Duo's neck and trailed downwards, reaching his hand between their bodies and undoing his partner's jeans. Duo lifted his hips to allow Heero to slide his pants down his legs, wrapping his hands around his neck and connecting their lips once more. He managed to wiggle out of his pants and underwear somehow and fell backwards, pulling the dark-haired man on top of him again.

Still kissing and being kissed, Duo managed to reach out for a bottle of oil, finding it quickly in the leather case. He opened it and poured some onto Heero's hand. The man glanced at his palm breathing harshly, not understanding for a moment. Than it all fell into place. If the atmosphere was any different he would have blushed, but he was beyond blushing now. All that mattered were feelings, the smell of honey and melon and smoke, the violets that still blossomed under his eyelids. His fingers found their mark unbidden, sliding one by one into the tight heat.

Still without words Duo reached for some more oil, spreading it over Heero. They kissed briefly once more and suddenly Heero's world twirled - moments later, having regained some of his sanity, Heero lowered his head to touch his lips to Duo's gently, while moving slowly inside of him. Snow started to fall, but all around the pair flowers blossomed. A sea of violets surrounded the lovers like a veil during the wedding night. A soft cry escaped both their lips, when their joining was finally completed.

Heero felt drowsy all of sudden. His eyes were closing of their own accord, allowing him only to gently free himself from Duo's body and roll them over once again. He embraced the long-haired man on top of him tightly, pressing a soft kiss to his forehead. He remembered nothing more.

***

When Heero woke up in the morning his stomach was cleaned up neatly, his trousers back in place. He rose slowly combing fingers through his hair. He noticed Duo straightening near the car. He carried an armload of clothing, which he dropped next to Heero.

"I guess we should head to London now, right?" he asked softly. Heero was just finishing buttoning his blue shirt up. He did the last button and tucked the collar of his shirt under the violet tie.

"What for?" he asked, bewildered.

"You head a meeting there, as far as I remember."

"Like I care. Let's go somewhere else," he suggested in a tone that was deemed 'excited' by his standards. "Somewhere where you are," he added, pulling the longhaired man close. "Were all of the flowers here last night?" Unbeknownst to him, Duo smirked.

"Yes, let's go."

Midday found the couple in a small town outside Birmingham. Heero walked to the nearest phone booth, dialing Milliardo's phone number. Accidentally, it was around 4 o'clock in New York, where he lived, so the phone call caught his agent in bed, raising him from fitful sleep.

"Who the hell…"

"Milliardo, it's me," Heero said tonelessly into the speaker.

"Where the hell are you? You weren't at the meeting!" the blonde man exclaimed, sitting up.

"Doesn't matter. Reschedule it."

"No! It's important! If we want to go into Europe with that device of yours you need to be there!" Milliardo yelled.

"I don't care. I'm going with Duo, I'll be the godfather for his son," Heero said in his usual voice.

"Great, you've just made my day. Go Duo! Now who the fuck is Duo? Never mind, you are not going anywhere, save for London! Especially not with some local slut! Send him to hell and get back now!" Milliardo was at the end of his tether. The whole episode was so unlike Heero, it wasn't even funny anymore.

"Don't talk that way about him," Heero hissed. Several thousand miles away the man shivered. "Duo is the most amazing creature I have ever met! I love him. I won't leave him."

"What do you mean, you love him? You've only just met him!"

"What does that have to do with anything? He is mine," Heero said, surprising even himself with the intensity of the claim. "Perhaps if someone had done for you what he's done for me, you would know what I mean."

"Holy shit. You're in deep," Millirado muttered. He rubbed his temples and tried the most unsuccessful weapon known to mankind - reason. "Look Heero. I know the kiddo is sweet and probably cute too. The baby is amazing, I'm sure." A pause. "Heero, you don't like babies! Anyway. Look, this is important. Even if that Duo gave you the blowjob of the century, you have your duties! Your mission!" The line was silent for a short while.

"I'll call you later. We're leaving now. Oh and Milliardo? Get Noin to give a massage with honey. It's very relaxing." With that the line went dead. Milliardo stared at the receiver in his hand dumbly. Was that really Heero?

"Fuck. I'm going to England," he announced. He quickly dialed the number of his secretary (and girlfriend), totally ignoring the clock on his bedside cabinet.

"Lucrezia! I need tickets to London, pronto!"

"Right away, Milliardo," sounded the sleepy voice of his girlfriend. If she was puzzled, she didn't show it. She just wondered silently, while she made the reservation, if the sudden flight had anything to do with the ginger-haired man that stopped by her office yesterday, asking for Heero Yuy. He seemed pretty surprised when he learned that the inventor had left for England.

***

Duo walked into a small shop. Solo was sleeping soundly in the car, but he would be waking soon. He would, most likely, be hungry. He allowed his eyes to skim over the shelves, searching for milk, cookies and apple mousse. The shop assistant walked over to greet him. There was a distinctive limp in her walk.

"Duo! Sweet to see you again," the woman smiled. Her smile was almost as contagious as Duo's - she had dimples in her cheeks and friendly blue eyes.

"Hello Catherine. Have you got milk?"

"Of course. Let's see, milk, cookies and apple mousse, right?"

Duo beamed. The woman packed everything into a cardboard box and handed it over.

"That'd be five pounds."

Duo reached into his pocket, but when he withdrew the notes he stared - they were violet. All of them.

"Oh no, Solo!" he muttered in despair. He looked at Catherine apologetically. "I'm afraid my baby is being over enthusiastic recently," he said, showing her the notes.

"No surprise, he's your son after all. No charge," she said, smiling. Duo smiled back at her and turned to leave. He stopped after several paces, however.

"Is it because of this limp that you are no longer with the circus?" he asked kindly. Catherine shrugged.

"I got dropped accidentally during a rehearsal and broke my leg. Very nasty break it was. It never really healed. So I came here to work with my parents." There was a distinctive note of wistfulness in her voice. Duo sympathized. He placed the box on the counter and patted the wood invitingly.

"Lie down and let me see."

Five minutes later Catherine danced down the steps, followed by an amused-looking Duo. They walked together to the car, which was positively swarmed by animals - there were birds of various kinds, a cat, and even a few squirrels. Duo sighed, exasperated.

"Solo, I've told you, not where people can see!" he whispered, giving the child a kiss on top of his head. Catherine handed him the box. Duo put it on the backseat and undid the harnesses that held Solo in place. He picked the baby up and seated himself in the backseat, with the baby on his lap. The little boy gurgled happily. "Whatever am I going to do with you, sweetheart," Duo sighed.

Meanwhile, Heero ended the phone call and walked over to the car. He was treated to the sight of the longhaired man spoon-feeding the child seated comfortably in his lap and a lady, approximately twenty-five years old, kneeling next to them. He stopped a short distance from the car. Catherine turned her head and smiled at him. She stood up and dusted her dress.

"I have things to do. Kick Trowa for me, the idiot hasn't written in ages!" Duo beamed at her. As soon as she was gone, Heero took her place kneeling at Duo's feet. He grabbed Solo's little hand in his.

"Where are we going?" he asked softly.

"We'll be visiting my cousins and my godfather," Duo replied, smiling. He gave Solo the last spoonful and handed the empty jar to Heero. "Could you please dispose of that? Thanks." He proceeded to sit the baby in the baby-chair. He poured some of the milk into the bottle and handed it to Solo together with a cookie. "Get in," he said, before he himself sat down and started the car.

The journey lasted about two hours, over seldom traveled roads. Finally, they stopped before an old, heavy gate. Duo stuck out his tongue, looking at a miniature dragon sitting right before the gate.

"Open up Fei! Don't let us wait!" The dragon blinked one eye, revealing a hidden camera. The gate opened, admitting the car inside. Not five minutes later, Heero was treated to the sight of an old, considerably huge mansion. In fact, it was so big one could barely call it a mansion, it was a palace. The dark haired man was awed. The car stopped in front of the main entrance. Duo got out, picking his son up as he went.

"Heero," he said. "My godfather… is slightly strange. Don't worry about anything he says, okay? He says the oddest things sometimes." Heero smiled and caressed his lover's face.

"Okay." Duo sighed resigned and entered the house, Heero following. A tall, brown-haired man went out to greet them. He had striking green eyes and the oddest hairstyle. Duo beamed seeing him.

"Trowa! I've been at your sister's place, she told me to kick your butt for not writing her anymore!"

"Nice to see you too," the man grumbled in response. The braided man beamed.

"Trowa, this is Heero, Heero, this is our butler, Trowa. Although he is currently trying to marry into the family and as far as I know he is close to success. We would need then to find another butler, to marry the other cousin of mine." Trowa shook his head. Talking to Duo was of no use sometimes. He stuck his hand out for Heero to shake, exchanging a curt 'hello.'

"Would you mind getting Heero's luggage? It's in the trunk."

"Of course." The man bowed slightly and left.

"Would you look at that… isn't it my favorite godson?"

Heero looked up. A man was slowly walking downstairs. He had onyx black eyes and hair to match. He was obviously of Chinese descent, his white clothing proving the same. At the moment, his eyes were fixated on Duo and the child he held. "Hello Solo."

"See baby? That's your uncle Fei. Say hello to Fei," the longhaired man said, rubbing his cheek against his son's silky hair.

"'Elo, ankle Fei," Solo gurgled happily. The black-haired man leaned over and placed a gentle kiss on the baby's forehead.

"Fei, this is Heero Yuy. Heero, this is my godfather, Wufei Chang." The men shook hands.

"Enchanted," Wufei drawled looking over Heero's shoulder at Duo. His voice rose towards the end of the word, making it sound like a question.

"You bet," the violet-eyed man beamed.

~*~End of Part 1~*~

[1] Those names are all some form of the number 'One'. It gets explained later, and I don't remember the languages, but one was Hebrew, one Esperanto and probably Swahili. Don't ask which >.<