Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Adreniline Rush ❯ Rubber on asphalt ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“So how did it go?” Quatre was standing in the doorway of the garage.
 
“She rides just like the day I bought her.” Duo said happily, patting the side of his bike. He pulled off his helmet and his braid dropped down over his shoulder.
 
Quatre laughed at the remark. He turned and walked into the house. Duo set his helmet down on the bikes seat and fallowed. No one else was up, or at least no one was down stairs. The brunette walked into the kitchen and rummaged through the fridge. He found some cold pizza and grabbed a glass, filling it with water.
 
Walking up the stairs Duo thought about nothing but that race. He knew his bike had to be faster than her car, unless she brings a bike. Then it would all depend on whose was fitted just right for it. That was all he thought about during the next day. When it got dark, Duo went off for a joy ride on his bike. No one thought much of it, but Quatre had the look that said don't get hurt.
 
The sad fact was right in front of him. The girls weren't there so either they knew they couldn't beat him, or they just like to show up fashionably late. He was guessing the latter and he was right. The sound of tires skidding on the asphalt told everyone of their arrival. The only problem was the person who got out of the car. It was the girl with white hair, or at least last night it had been white, now it was a dark blue color.
 
“Looking for someone?” A girls voice whispered into Duo's ear. At least if would have if he didn't have the helmet on.
 
Turning Duo came face to face with the racer. He smiled inside his helmet and looked past her, to a bike. The bike was okay but he had definitely seen better.
 
“You think that is going to beat me?” Duo had a mock sound of hurt in his voice.
 
Shrugging she walked around him and placed her car's slip on the table. “My car slip and your bike's slip.”
 
Duo nodded and pulled the paper out of his back pocket. He set it next to hers and the two went to the starting line. Music began to blare from one of the cars that was in the crowd. Looking over, the girl was pulling on a helmet that matched her car. The shield was tinted and not a single strand of her hair was showing.
 
A girl appeared in front of the two and held up a flag. She began to count down. The other racer left one leg down and hugged the other to her bike, readying herself for a quick take off. Duo did the same. Both of their eyes were latched on the road ahead of them, waiting to see the falling of the flag.
 
There it was.
 
The two bikes took off with immense speed. Duo began to take off ahead of her, but was surprised to see her pull back up and even with him. They turned in unison and headed back to the finish line. Her bike lit up with ground effects, her thumb hovering over a button before glancing at him. She noticed he was going on pure speed alone, no add ins. Setting her thumb back down she hit the gas, pulling ahead of the boy.
 
Duo looked at her and hit his gas. The finish line was just in front of them, but she was in the lead. Right as the finish line came up Duo pulled even with her. A flash of light went off and threw her off her already broken concentration. Her bike skidded to a stop and she let it fall to the ground. Glaring she walked over to the person with the camera and looked at the picture.
 
They were dead even.
 
She sighed and grabbed the slips, handing Duo his. “Nice race. I was surprised you didn't even think of using nitro.”
 
Duo got back on his bike. “That's because I don't have it. I don't cheat when I race.”
 
Jeers erupted from the people listening and the girl began to fume. Duo peeled off, leaving her to turn and grab her bike. She didn't even bother going after him. People don't just race once, tie, and be done with it. He was going to be back.