Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Ain't Nothin But Miracles ❯ The beginning of...the beginning, what else? ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ain't Nothin but Miracles (That J'dee isn't suing me!)

It was a warm summer day (Have you noticed that seems to be how stuff always starts now instead of "It was a dark stormy night"? I just thought I'd point that out for no good reason. Heero: Get on with it! Me: Yeesh, ok!) and I was sitting inside a book store in Omaha, Nebraska as I waited for my sister to find something she could buy. My mom was getting impatient, but that wouldn't do anything except make my sister angry as she looked, so I knew we wouldn't be getting out any time soon. I grabbed a nearby book entitled "Nifty Modern Spells for our Nifty Modern World" and began to read. Most of it was stuff like "How to get the house clean without lifting a finger" and things I'd never remember by the time I got home. Suddenly though, one caught my eye.

"Ever wished you in the world of your favorite television series? Well, wish no more because now you can!" I squinted down to read the small print at the bottom of that page (Note: This book is not responsible if you never get out of your respective alternate universes, or if you end up inadvertently taking nearby OR faraway people with you. You have been warned. Have a nice day.).

"So how would you go about doing this spell?" I muttered aloud, and looked down at the page. It required no ingredients except…an article of merchandise from the TV series? I looked at my Gundam Wing Graphic Novel #1 in my bag (For light reading. It's a 2 ½ hour drive between my town and Omaha!) skeptically. I also glanced at the shirt I was wearing, it had a picture of Chibi Wufei in the middle with the words "Wufei-Kun" under the picture (I actually do have a shirt like that!). It said to place the object on the floor. I wondered jokingly if I should place my shirt on the floor instead of the graphic novel. I decided against it. Mom would already be mortified enough with what I was supposed to do to make the spell work, never mind if I did it without a shirt.

I sighed and placed my GW novel on the ground, aware of a few Anime Otaku nearby eying it greedily and set the spell book down on the poof chair I'd been sitting on and looked at the first of three instructions (Mom was on the other side of the store! Yes!) "Hop around the merchandise once for each letter in the show's name, say the letter you're on as you hop". I groaned, but began anyway.

"G" I hopped around it.

"U"

"N" a few people screamed about guns and ran out of the store.

"D"

"A" the remaining people were watching me with fascination.

"M"

"W" the manager looked ready to throw me out.

"I"

"N" the Otaku seemed to see what I was spelling, they nodded knowingly.

"G"

I looked at the second instruction "Say there's no place like 'Insert name here' seven times, a-la Dorothy from the Wizard of OZ". I felt a blush rising in my face. I sighed heavily.

"There's no place like Gundam Wing, there's no place like Gundam Wing, there's no place like Gundam Wing, there's no place like Gundam Wing, there's no place like Gundam Wing, there's no place like Gundam Wing, there's no place like Gundam Wing," I panted and looked at the third instruction, my mom had come around to the front with my sister now. She looked angry and ready to pounce the moment I was done with this (Of course, if it went as planned I wouldn't be there for her to chew out.).

I glared silently at the third instruction, certain it would be even MORE embarrassing, but all it said was "Pick up the merchandise and kiss it". I've done more humiliating things in public before (*Cough*Steps #1 and #2 *coughcough*), so I shrugged, picked it up, and kissed it. Then, instead of bursting into tears and running into the bathroom to feel ashamed at the fact that I'd believed the book, I felt the world spin around me, everyone's faces falling out of view, and then my own body morphing. Suddenly I looked so…so…animated. Wait a minute, ANIMATED?! HOLY SHIT! It was real! Then I blacked out.

************

"Ugh," I muttered, "I don't wanna go to school mom, my teacher is evil," I said to a face I saw staring over me, thinking maybe I'd actually passed out of humiliation.

"Oh get up!" snapped a voice. I deduced that it was:

A. Female

B. Not my mother

C. Seemed annoyed with me.

"Wha?" I murmured, still quite drowsy. The person behind the voice poured a jug of cold water on me, "EEP! I'm up, I'm up!" I said urgently.

"Good," snapped the voice. I could see the person's face now. She looked quite young, with purple hair and blue eyes, "I am Otomayim. I guard the Gates of the Universes," She obviously expected me to know what these were, but saw the puzzlement on my face and gave me an explanation, "The Gates of the Universes are the gates for entry into each respective universe. You fell through one, and had I not stopped you, however temporarily, you would have fallen through that one without proper explanation," she gestured to what appeared to be a large hole behind her, "You have made it so that many will fall through the same gate. I am not going to deal with all of them and their blundering personalities. You must gather them and explain."

"What others?" I asked.

She sighed, "Did you not read the small print on that book you were using? You have unleashed an invisible swirling hole on your dimension. At this very moment it is grabbing others who have also heard about the universe you are going to, and will put them in it. And you will be there too."

"What do I need to explain to them?" I asked, "Just why they're suddenly in Gundam Wing?"

"You must also explain to them several other things. First of all, do try not to change the course of the dimension too much, you'll be creating a separate dimension-Which means more work for me, with the addition of a new dimension, I hope you're happy-but please don't doom its citizens. Second, because of the way of entry you each have five wishes. You may use them any time, for money, power, being influential, whatever, but you may not wish for something knowing that it will affect everyone in the world, you may not wish for someone to die, you may not wish for someone to be immortal, and you may not wish a person back if they died with other people, like being in the same plane, car, etc. because the other people you did not wish back would be haunting you for the rest of your lives and we would have rebellion on The Other Side. Hopefully you don't use the wishes you can make the wrong way. Thirdly, in one and a half years exact to the date any one person arrived, the spell will begin to malfunction, so to speak, if that person does not return to your dimension. People at home will forget they existed, then they will forget their former life, and lastly, everyone in the new dimension will forget about their existence. After this happens, they will be erased from the space time continuum for eternity. They won't exist at all. This won't happen with all spells to get here, just the one you used. And last, no matter what anyone's real age, it appears they will become fifteen when entering into this universe."

Suddenly, a wind picked up under my feet and seemed to be pulling me down the large hole, "Otomayim! Is this supposed to happen?!" I asked in a panicky voice.

She nodded, "Yes. You will now leave for this "Gundam Wing" universe of yours. I wish you luck!"

***********

I must have blacked out again, because I felt the world ever slowly returning to living color around me, each detail slowly etching itself in front of my eyes, a teenage girl was knelt down near me, and she seemed to be calling an ambulance. I slowly moved my head to the side and saw what appeared to be the profile of a teenage boy in a space suit lying on the ground near me. The girl seemed to notice I'd awakened.

"Oh, hello, are you alright?" she asked with concern.

"I'll be fine, this has actually happened before," I said sheepishly.

Her eyes immediately flew to the boy in the space suit, "And him. Do you know who he is?" she asked.

I struggled to my feet and looked at the boy's face. That was Heero Yuy (Heero: So THIS is the "grand entrance" you said I'd get?! Stupid author, see if I let you write anymore stories with me in them…)! So then that meant the girl must be Relena! I wondered what to say exactly, but it turned out I didn't need to answer because Heero's eyes shot open and his head went up.

"Lye still," Relena said, "the ambulance is on its way."

But Heero immediately got up and covered his face with his hand, "Did you see?!" he demanded.

"See what?" asked Relena.

And then came the blaring sound of the ambulance, Heero pressed a button on his space suit, but it only blew him back slightly. As medics ran out of the ambulance, Heero did what I knew he'd do and knocked them out, driving away in the ambulance. Except I'd hoped it'd happen a little slower than in the show and I could hop in with him. No such luck. Relena walked up to where he'd escaped. I watched her as she said the one line that seemed to make people everywhere convinced she was off her rocker (Other than shouting "HEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOO!!" when she knew very well he couldn't hear her.), "My name is Relena Dorlain, what's yours?" she asked the open air.

"My name is Ebony Stardust," I said jokingly, in the same tone of voice as Relena.

Relena turned around, as though she'd noticed I was there for the first time, "Oh, I'm sorry. Are you sure you're alright, Ebony?"

I was about to tell her Ebony wasn't really my name, but I decided I liked it better than my current one and left the whole thing be, "Really, I'm ok. Just a little hungry I guess."

"You can come to my house," Relena offered.

"Ok," I shrugged.

************

"So Relena, who's your guest?" asked Mrs. Dorlain at the family's dining room table.

"This is Ebony Stardust, she'll be starting at St. Gabriel's tomorrow," Relena answered.

'I will?' I thought to myself.

"Where did you live before?" asked Mr. Dorlain.

"Uh…one of the L2 colonies. I, um, lived in an orphanage but they just found out my parents had been alive and living on Earth, so they sent me money, but then I found out the house burned down and they all died when my flight was just landing," I offered, trying to look remorseful at the deaths of two imaginary people that I'd just made up.

"Do you have a place to stay then?" Mrs. Dorlain looked concerned.

"Well, if I look I'll probably find some…cousins or something, or another orphanage at least," I had my eyes set firmly on my plate, trying to look sad, like I didn't want to be a burden, but I didn't want to be on the streets.

"You can stay with us!" said Relena instantly.

"But just for a while," Mr. Dorlain told both his daughter, and me "Because if the authorities think she's dead, we can't just keep her here."

Relena nodded, "Of course."

"Yeah," I said, then I remembered my manners, "Oh, and thank you all for the hospitality," mother would be so proud.

************

"How do you stand this uniform, Relena?" I asked her the next day, as I borrowed one of her St. Gabriel's uniforms to put on since we were about the same size and build.

Relena shrugged, "Well, when you see everyone else wearing them it doesn't make it quite so uncomfortable."

I rolled my eyes, "Right. Well, we don't wanna be late do we? Should we go?" I asked. I wasn't excited by the prospect of school so much as I was the prospect of seeing Heero there.

"We probably should," she agreed. So we went down the stairs, out the door and into Relena's infamous pink limo.

'Wow, it's actually pretty comfortable in here,' I thought to myself, not really knowing what I'd been expecting.

"Are you nervous?" Relena asked me.

"Oh...uh…I guess so," I replied, thinking privately that the only thing I was worried about was whether or not I'd be able to stop myself from grabbing a dagger and killing Relena's "fan club".

"It's ok, the other girls are actually really nice. They may not be sure of you at first, but they'll warm up," she smiled at me, "and it should help that you already know me."

As we stopped in front of the school building, I found myself thinking, 'No! Take me back to the beach! I don't have a high rate of success with my peers!' bloody hell, I was actually nervous about meeting these people! These Relena nuts! These people who had no life other than 'Relena-Sama this, Relena-Sama that'!

We walked passed the other people who went to school, they gave Relena polite 'Hellos' and looked at me as though I'd sprouted tentacles. Then we faced my greatest obstacle of the moment: Those three uber-annoying girls Relena called friends.

"Hello Relena-Sama!" they all said with great adoration in their voices. Then they looked at me shiftily.

"This is Ebony Stardust," Relena said gesturing to me, "She's new and she's a friend of mine." Being called Relena's 'friend' seemed to move me up to a much higher status with them, the shifty eyes stopped and they all smiled at me.

"Hello Ebony-San." they said respectfully. At least they hadn't called me "Ebony-Chan" or "Ebony-Sama", I'd have just died of horror had that happened.

************

"Settle down class," said the nun who taught everyone, "We have two new students today. Please introduce yourselves."

I grinned at everyone, and tried to move closer to Heero, but just as our arms would have touched, he moved a step up and announced, "My name is Heero Yuy," he showed no sign of moving back so our arms could touch. Drat. This one was smarter than I'd thought.

"My name is Ebony Stardust," I said, moving up a step by Heero, but he then seemed to decide it was time to move back again. I moved back as well, but the stupid nun-teacher then told us to sit near Relena so he moved abruptly and walked quickly making me unable to catch up with him.

"Now today we will be discussing…" the teacher began.

"So you're name is Heero, huh?" Relena whispered to Heero, who showed no sign of hearing her as he stared at the blackboard.

'He probably hears her. He's just GOT to make a surprising 'Omae O Korosu' later. Bastard.' Okay, okay, so I was sore at him for moving away from me, but he still deserved that cuss word!

************

"I wonder who Relena-Sama's going to invite to her party!" exclaimed Relena's blonde friend, Maura, to me and the other two whose names were Sandy and Lorin. Relena had walked ahead to 'talk' to Heero and the three other girls had refused to let me go. I want to talk to Heero just as much as Relena, damnit!

"I bet she'll invite Heero," I said casually.

Lorin looked at me like I was nuts, "He just got here! She barely knows him, so why would she? Speaking of which, you just got here too so don't go thinking you know everything that's going on and everything about Relena-Sama! You don't even address her properly!"

"Yeah!" added Sandy, "And that Heero guy's too quiet, he's probably one of those shy computer geeks! Who wants to be around THEM?"

I bit my lip to keep from saying that I was one of those computer geeks, but said instead, "Well, look at him, he's good looking, you know."

Lorin glared at me, "Are you saying Relena-Sama goes only for looks?"

I backed up, "No, I was just making an observation." the three looked at me as though I wasn't fit to even say Relena's name, let alone call a guy good looking. Oh well, at least I was right and they were wrong; Relena was going to ask him and I knew it.

"Would you like to come to my party Heero?" Relena asked as I stood reveling in my glory, knowing that I knew all and saw all to come in the next year. Everyone began to clap when Relena asked. I did too, but in a sarcastic, mocking way, not that any of Relena's peers had the one brain cell needed to notice sarcasm.

Then, to everyone's utmost shocked horror; Heero ripped the invitation in two.

"B-but, why?" asked Relena, a few tears welling up in her eyes.

As Heero walked passed her and brushed away the tears, he said the words that only I beside Relena could hear or heed, "Omae O Korosu." then he walked away, past the glaring faces of Relena's worshippers.

************

A few days later, at Relena's party I was beginning to get concerned. Where were the 'others' I'd heard about? Wouldn't a few of them had landed near here? They weren't out giving the other pilots grief were they? I knew they probably were, and not just because I'd gone down to the beach that I'd fallen on with a plastic shovel and searched for bodies. Because if they weren't here…then where? Maybe time was faster here then back home, or maybe Otomayim had decided I couldn't be trusted and was holding them there with her temporarily or had found a way to make them go back? Oh well, it was time for a party and I'd have to meet the other pilots and OZ members sooner or later, so I'd see what (or who) turned up then.

I was wearing a simple slim dark green strapless, form fitting dress with matching gloves (Spiffy! I have an obsession with long gloves.). Everyone was waiting for Relena to come down, and I'd decided to stand by myself rather than with Maura, Lorin, and Sandy. I wanted as much time away from them as possible before I needed to act as though they were my friends. It was Relena's birthday; better not moan to her about her choice in "friends" (see: teenyboppers who like people because of their family's status).

And then Relena came down the stairs, I watched people ooh-ing and ahh-ing at her. I also saw the annoying sandy (no pun)-haired guy from her class run up and say he was glad he didn't miss the main event as Relena walked over to me and the uber-annoying teenyboppers.

"Yah know," he remarked casually, "I thought I saw Heero when I was on my way here," all Relena-devotees scowled at the mention of the guy who ripped up the invitation, "but it couldn't have been him, that guy was driving an ambulance." Relena and I looked at each other. Thaaaaaaat's him. Relena then raced up the stairs and I followed after her, before someone could stop me. Now the action's picking up! And I'd see Duo, who would hopefully have some of the 'others' with him!

"You can stay here," Relena told me as she got into her limo.

"No, I'd rather not. I think I wanna see him too, be where the action is, ya know," I had to think up more excuses. It might not be prudent for Relena to know I'd had a crush on Heero Yuy since laying eyes on him, especially if she liked him too at this point in time, "Besides…maybe he brought a cute friend with him," I said winking jokingly, hoping to ease tensions and suspicions.

********************************************************* ***************

Wow! I actually waited until the bottom of this to write my author's notes!

Heero: I was hoping to hold her off for the whole thing, but I guess there's no convincing some people that no one wants to here them ramble *sigh*

Anywho, if you're on my mailing list, then no doubt you got this in an e-mail from me. Most of you are people I know from J'dee's ANBM or TR. So I should have no trouble explaining this to you: If J'dee tells me she indeed won't sue me for using her idea then I'll make a second chapter, for this second chapter I obviously need the 'others' talked about in this one, so if you want to be in it, send ME a piece explaining how you got into the GW world and who you landed near/with, be it another author or a GW character. I've always wondered what it would be like to be the head of an interactive fanfic and now (if I don't get screamed at for idea usage without permission) I'll know. If you're a person from school and don't have a clue what the hell Gundam Wing is about, I suggest you look it up on an internet search engine to find out, and if you do, try not to go to one with the words 'yaoi, yuri, non-yaoi, non-yuri, or a shrine to any two characters as a romantic couple, because God knows those sites interpret things in the show in a biased way, so try to get a good, non-biased information site.

And if you read this fanfic on fanfiction.net and/or mediaminer, then basically I got an OK from J'dee so you don't need to wonder if there will or will not be a chapter two, you just:

1. Read what happens in this chapter.

2. write an account of how you landed in the world of GW.

3. E-mail it to me at anime_girl_17@hotmail.com

4. Wait for the next chapter.

And for anyone who plans on this: NO ROMANCE WITH THE GUNDAM WING CHARACTERS IN THE NEXT CHAPTER. I mean, you need to get acquainted with these peoples first O_o. You don't just walk up to a person you just met and make out with them do you? I thought not. So get to know the characters, make it believable before you get to the romance. Eventually, I'll make a list of who gets who (And if you can compromise with someone else then switch, by all means), but in the mean time, go after ALL of them that you like! Make the audience wonder who'll be with who in the end (No, 'The Final List' will not be public to those not participating, and anyone who makes it so will have me editing their part so they end up with Quinze, Dekim Barton, or a random ugly old guy, so I wouldn't advise it.).

Also, be creative! So what if all the main characters are taken! Dig out your tapes, or look online for minor characters, like Alex and Mueller from like, episode 13, they certainly weren't butt ugly and you have five wishes! Wish them back to life and befriend them! Colonel Bund from the episode with Sally and Wufei looked like he was about in his 30s or so, but to hell with age! Rescue him! Give him a real character! For guys, Sylvia Noventa is underrated but certainly not completely unimportant! Or you can make up your own character! But none of that means you can't have brief little liaisons with main characters to keep the audience wondering.

And on a final note that will no doubt have some of you running after me with pitchforks and knives, I've decided to keep one pairing hinted at from the show in this fanfic: Treize and Lady Une. Yes, I know a lot of Treize fans will attempt to murder me as I walk the streets of the world now, but I'm a pretty big Treize + Lady Une fan so…yeah. But there's still Heero, Duo, Trowa, Quatre, Wufei, and Zechs/Milliardo as far as main guys (Oooh! And Quatre's 40 helpers! Abdul, Auda, and Rashid are three of them), and for main girls there's still Relena, Hilde, Catherine, Dorothy, Sally and Noin! So it isn't like I've pulled every possibility away from you. *Knows that there will be a flock of girls swarming over Duo*

Ja ne! Until next time!

TRF/Chelsea B. (Real name…so…horrible…gargh!)