Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Blood and Roses ❯ Don't You Dare Leave Me ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Blood and Roses 2/?
Author: Ashurii (Jisatsu_ganbu on LJ.com aka Celestial_Dragon on FF.net) E-mail: automatic_girl@orangeday.net
Rating: Erm. R, right now. *evil hentai grin*
Series: Gundam Wing
Pairings: 1+2, 3x4, eventual 1x2x1
Warnings: Depressed Duo, cutting, lamenting Heero, angst
Summary: Duo feels he is too far gone to ever come back to happiness, and cuts himself for release. Heero tries, but to no avail, to bring him back. How will Heero deal when Duo cuts himself deeper than he ever has before?

[~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~]

Duo shut his journal with a soft thud, and placed it back into the drawer in his mahogany desk. He had a fleeting urge to throw his blue pen across the room, but didn't have enough strength, so he just let it fall from his hands to the floor. It rolled, but rested next to his feet. He looked down on it, expressionless, then stood abruptly, standing on the pen and grinding it into the floor with the sole of his black boot. He looked to the clock as it flashed the time in green letters. 12:30.

"It's late." Duo whispered. He listened, intently, for any noise from outside his sanctuary. There was none, and he moved to the door, opening and closing it behind him. Down this hall was everyone's bedrooms. Heero's across from his, Trowa's to his right and Quatre's across from Trowa's, and Wufei's next to Trowa's across from the empty "office" room. Around the corner to the left was the hallway that led to the kitchen, and past the kitchen stood the bathroom. His final destination.

The braided man smirked at the simplicity of it. It was as if the house had been floor planned for the purpose of suicide. He glimpsed once more at Heero's slightly ajar door, and moved over to it, pushed it open lightly with his hand and waited for the soft thud as it hit the wall behind it. Heero's room had always been meagerly furnished - a desk with his beloved laptop, a bed, and a dresser. That was all. Duo looked about the walls and realized there were things hanging on the wall across from him. He frowned in contemplation. "Since when did Heero feel the need to decorate?" he thought, and moved silently over to the wall to investigate. His eyes widened and he gasped quietly at his findings.

It was him. Pictures of him. Ten, maybe fifteen, but all of him. Every last picture was lovingly set into a frame and hung neatly on the wall. The subjects were nothing special: Duo eating, Duo sitting in front of the window, Duo sitting at his desk in his room, taken stealthily through the window from the outside of the house. Duo reached up and traced his face in one of the pictures. "Do I really look like this?" he asked himself in disbelief. "So ... emaciated, black circles under my eyes, thin as death ..." He gulped a odd feeling down and turned his back to the wall.

His eyes met Heero. Heero was sleeping on his bed, lounged out and laying on his side, one arm trailing off the bed and almost sweeping the floor. The covers were messed, and he had an odd expression on his face, brows knotted. Duo smiled softly at him, moving to his bedside and crouching near to his face. The boy's messy chocolate hair was hanging in his face and covering his eyes, and Duo brushed it to the side. It decided to be defiant and slipped back into place, causing Heero to mumble sleepily. Duo chuckled softly, but became abruptly quiet as thought about what he was goint to do, and his eyes saddened. He leaned forward, slow and unsure, and pressed his lips softly to the Asian man's forehead. Heero's brows relaxed for a few brief moments, and as Duo pulled away he seemed to be smiling just slightly. "Goodbye, Heero," Duo whispered, lovingly running his fingers through the boy's unruly locks with a soft smile. "and ... thank you for that love you tried so hard to give me. No matter how misplaced." Duo's face faltered. "You deserve so much better than me." The braided man placed one more kiss on the Asian man, this time on his cheek, and headed out the door on his final mission.

Unbeknownst to him, Heero's eyes fluttered open, and he stared at the ceiling, trying desperately to understand what had just transpired.

[~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~]

T he braided man sat in a chair in front of the mirror, the sharpened butcher knife he retrieved from the kitchen laid on the counter before him. He turned on the sink, and with shaky hands doused his face with the cool water. His gaze raised back up to the mirror and he looked at himself, face dripping, and had a small attack of concience. "Maybe I shouldn't be doing this," he thought, drying his face with a white fluffy towel, still gazing at himself. "Maybe I should just go back ... No." He declared to himself with unshaking defiance. "This has to be done. It's the only way to make the pain stop." He nodded to himself, but in the back of his mind couldn't help thinking that all this talk was just a sad attempt to reassure himself, tell himself this was the right thing when he really wasn't sure.

But he knew it was far too late for second guesses.

Duo slowly unbraided his hair, letting it fall in waves over his shoulders. He looked at it in his reflection, smiling softly. "My hair ... The only thing I still really love." He whispered, chuckling at the absurdity of it.

"But you love Heero." A small voice called from the back of his mind. He frowned, quelled his thoughts, and looked back at the knife.

He picked up the blade by the black wood handle, and twisted it in the light. No matter how many doubts he had, he would always love the way the light glinted against the cold steel, and love even more the blood glistening in the same way when he was done.

The blade was heavy to him, because he was used to steak knives from all the times he cut before. But, then again, he had never been trying to take his life before, either.

He lifted his bare left wrist in front of him, and looked down at it. There were lots of scars, but all the new "scratches" from a few weeks prior had all but vanished. The new skin was pink and inviting, just begging the sharp blade to be dragged angrily across it. Duo smirked wickedly, and brought the blade down to rest on the afforementioned skin.

"Only a few moments now ..." he wispered between his mad grins. His adrenaline was rushing and his face flushed. He began to press.

[~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~]

Heero frowned. "Where in the hell is Duo?" he thought, peering around the boy's darkened room. His bed was made so it was obvious he wasn't asleep yet. Heero's naivete brought forth another thought to him. "Maybe he got hungry. He didn't eat dinner ... He's probably in the kitchen." he affirmed with a nod, and set off down the hall to the kitchen.

[~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~]

Duo cried out in a sharp mix of pain and pleasure as the blade sliced his skin. He dragged it, slowly, making a long angry mark down the length of his arm. He stopped just short of the joint, panting, and looked down at his handiwork. His arm was carved pretty badly, the blood bubbled and flowed out of the wound faster than he'd ever seen it before. Duo watched it, entranced, untill his right arm caught his intrest.

He smiled sardonically. "You need a twin ..."

He switched the knife shakily into his other hand, and somehow managed to carve another angry line the same length into his right arm. The pain was equisite; far more intense than the first one had been, pain emanating from both arms. The blood gushed endlessly from his first wound, making the thick puddle of blood underneath him grow larger by the second. Duo dropped the knife, and it clattered angrily to the floor. He slipped slowly from his chair, and laid down on the floor, his hair soaking up the blood as more poured out.

"Goodbye ..." he whispered, eyes slowly beginning to close.

[~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~]

Heero peered into the kitchen and frowned at it's lack of his braided love. He heard soft noises from the bathroom, and looked up, confused. He heard another, this time he was sure it was a sharp cry of pain, and realized it was Duo. Heero bolted from the kitchen. "Please, God, let him be alright!" he pleaded, tearing down the hall and throwing open the slightly-ajar door.

"Duo!" he cried, then looked at the floor as his eyes grew wide with horror. Duo's body was crumpled on the floor in a dark pool of blood, the boy's arms out in front of him. Heero could see the angry red lines, blood still bubbling out of the thin white arms. He cried out in anguish, sobs wracking his body, and knelt down to his lover, wiping the blood-stained hair from his face. He started as he realized Duo's eyes were still open, and the boy's gaze managed to fall to him. "D-Duo ... ?" he whispered shakily, running his hand down the bloodstained boy's face.

"Hee ... H-Heero ..."

"Oh, god, Duo!" He cried, sobbing uncontrollably, collapsing and laying his head on the boy's side. "Why? Why would you do this?" In a fit of desperation he tried to cover the wounds with his hands, to make the bleeding stop, but the blood just squirted out around them and between his fingers. He wailed, tears streaming down his face, and turned his gaze back to Duo. The boy looked as shocked as he could look, weak and tired and aching to go to sleep.

"I ... I-Its ... better this way ... Heero ... It is ..."

The Asian man sobbed harder, burying his face in Duo's neck.

"Heero ..." he called softly, trying to turn and see him. "I-m ... no good ... could ... do much better ... than ... me ..."

"No!" He screamed, pulling his face up and gazing angrily at Duo, tears still streaming. "You're the most wonderful, most astounding person I've ever met! You're beautiful and I love you!" Duo looked up at him, eyes wide in shock. "Help!" Heero called out the open door. "Somebody help me, please! Call an ambulance!" He turned his eyes back to Duo as the other members of the house showed up at the door.

"What's happ- Oh my God!" Quatre gasped as he caught sight of Duo and Heero, on the floor. His hand flew to his face and all he could do was make anguished sounds. Trowa took one look at the boy and flew off to the living room to call an ambulance. Wufei stood behind Quatre, dumbfounded, mouth agape, staring at the remnants of his friend on the floor.

"mm ... 'Ro." Duo mumbled, as Heero pulled him up from the floor, snuggling him close to his chest and sobbing into his hair. "m'sleepy ..."

"No, Duo!" Heero gazed into his eyes, stroking his hair, a pleading tone to his voice. "You have to stay with me, keep your eyes open, do you hear me?" Duo couldn't control himself anymore, he felt himself slipping away as the darkness crept in. His eyes closed, and the last thing he saw was Heero's eyes widen, and his lips make the movements of Duo's name.