Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Broken People ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: Dime's Wish
Title: Broken People (a.k.a 'I am not a Coward')
Status: Incomplete
Pairing: 1x2x1, 3x4x3, 2xoc
Rating: NC-17i
Summary: The object repulsed me. I couldn't bring myself to look at it. It was taunting me. Laughing at me. I was so naïve for underestimating it. I would never make that mistake again. But one day I'd be able to face it. I'd be prepared. I would know. And when I pulled the trigger, I would be satisfied that the object wasn't the one responsible for taking my life. I was.
Yaoi, lemon, lime, drug and alcohol abuse, self-abuse, angst, swearing, and all that other good stuff. ^_^
Archive: Please! But let me know. ^_^
Feedback: Love it!
Disclaimer: Don't own them. Doesn't stop me from playing...
Beta: Nope.
 
~*~*~*~*~
Prologue
 
It was just so black.
 
It felt oddly light in my hands; strange that such a small innocent looking object could be so lethally dangerous. This item was responsible for wars. It was responsible for death.
Death and only death.
 
It looked so harmless.
 
For such a harmless little object, it was ruthless; for once it appeared, there was no turning back. It was so cold; it allowed you to remain alienated. It was unbiased because everyone who faced would meet the same demise. It was corrupted; full of empty promises, and a false sense of security. An object like that could never be responsible for life. Though I'd thought it'd save my life many times, it hadn't. Merely prolonged it. It hadn't been ready to take my life then. It was biding its time…
 
Because there was no rush.
 
It was just so light.
 
I could barely feel the weight of it in my hands. It was so innocent. And yet it wielded enough power to rip through skin. Shatter bones. It was capable of producing fear; creating chaos. It could destroy hearts, bodies, and minds alike; and still show no remorse. Its destruction was infinite; restrained only by the user. Nations could be torn apart by this one deceptive, simple looking object.
 
It was so light, a mere child could wield it.
 
It was so soulless.
 
The object repulsed me. It radiated the pure sense of hopeless and despair. I couldn't bring myself to look at it. It was taunting me. Laughing at me. I was so naïve for underestimating it. I would never make that mistake again. But one day I'd be able to face it. I'd be prepared. I would know.
 
And when I pulled the trigger, I would be satisfied that the object wasn't the one responsible for taking my life.
 
I was.
 
I put down the revolver. And grabbed my knife.
 
Cut.
 
Cut.
 
Cut…
 
~*~*~*~*~
 
A/N: I've written the first 23 chapters. So far this story is over 45 000 words, 110 pages long, and still going strong. I am needing a beta, if anyone's interested. (LOL, not to scare anyone off) Enjoy!
Next chapter up soon.
 
Dime's Wish