Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Capture ❯ Chap3( Yeah...what was I saying?) ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Short chapter I know. Butt! Hehe, uh.... Next time I'm gunna get this thing really going. So be a little patient! Thanks everyone, enjoy reading the story. And since I haven't said it in awhile.... I ..Uh...don't own...them. Got it out!



They merely stared at each other for a few seconds. Aquamarine spheres searched the suddenly warm yet wary hazel eyes. Quatre watch silently as the battle was waged in those depths, one that could determine his fate as well as the man in front of him. The man hesitantly reached a hand up to the wound on Quatres cheek and he shook his head sadly. The battle had been lost for now Quatre realized.

" Come on kid, someone wants to see you and we have to make you presentable." He took hold of Quatres abused right arm and pulling him from the room. Though Quatre noticed he was much gentler than the other soldiers that had handled him. The man was confusing him.

Anders led Quatre down the hall and into a small bedroom. Looking around as the man released his hold and shut and locked the door behind them. The room was sparsely decorated with only a small bed and a table with some upholstered chairs. A little bathroom lay off to the side and at the moment it looked very inviting. He rubbed absently at the blood that was dried on his neck and shirt. The wound had started to bleed again from the ruff treatment and he could feel he blood running down the side of his face and drying even more on his pale neck.

Anders watched the boy inspect the room cautiously. A unfamiliar pang twinged in his heart as the blood flowed freely down the left side of the silent boys face. Clearing his throat he caught Quatres eye and motioned to the open bathroom.

" There is a shower and a change of clothes in there. I be out here waiting."

" Thank you." Quatre bowed slightly and walked into the bathroom. Closing the door behind he leaned against it feeling a little nauseous. " That dart. Ughh." Sinking to his knees he pulled himself over to the tub. He striped and crawled into the cold porcelain bowl and turned the water on full blast, letting it beat against his sore muscles. Leaning back he rested his head on edge and stretched his suddenly sore legs out. His head felt like little men were beating out a march inside his skull. Trying to clear his mind he went through all his symptoms. ' Les see, I uh I, an allergic reaction?....Poi....se...'

Anders looked worriedly toward the bathroom door. Quatre had been in there for half an hour now. The water was still running. but he had heard no other sounds for at least twenty minutes. Shaking his head he tried desperately pushed down the feelings of care and worry. He was Not supposed to like the kid. Not with what him being that mans nephew. It would even be dangerous to care about him. Pushing these thoughts away he looked once more toward the door. No movement could be heard from the other side of the oaken door.

" Enough!" Standing up he strode to the door. Banging hard he called out, " Quatre!" Nothing was heard in return. Opening the door he stormed in fearing the kid had done something stupid to himself. His heart leaped in his throat at the sight of the teen laying motionless in the tub, water rising to his chin. Rushing over he gently lifted the unconscious boy into a sitting position and unplugged the tub, letting the water drain slowly. Feeling his neck hurridly he sighed in relief when he felt the strong pulse.

" Jeez kid, almost gave this old man a heart attack." Shaking his head he allowed himself to care, if only just for a little while. Picking up a soft cloth he lathered it and began to carefully to wash the slim body.

An hour later Anders emerged from the steamy room with Quatre held carefully in his arms. He had dressed the boy in the spare clothes that his uncle had provided. The blue jeans clung smugly to his hips and the black sweater hugged his bodies curves. Laying the boy gently down ont he turned down bed he let him rest aginst the cool sheets without pulling the comforter over. Studying the sleeping boy he realized sadly how he look like just a normal teenager at the moment.

" I'm so sorry kid." Sitting in one of the chairs he sat down and opened a book.



Heero slide along the wall, simply another shadow in the dim lights. He could hear the stealthy movements of the others behind him. They had donned the uniforms of the soldiers they had taken out but were trying to remain as invisible as possible till they found Quatre. Slipping around a corner Heero chanced into the open hall to slip past the couple soldiers standing there. They were too engrossed in talking to notice him walk by, nor the three that followed him. He stopped short as he rounded the corner so suddenly that Duo ran into him. Pushing him against the wall he paused to listen to the two men more closely. Hoping he had heard wrong.

" So the nut's really gonna really do it huh?"

" Yeah and to his own nephew. And you wanna know the sad thing? I don't think the kid even knows who he is." The soldier shook his head sadly.

" The other kids too?"

" Yeah, them too. I almost feel sorry for them. But maybe it'll turn out for the best, right?"

" Well it's not like they'll reme.."

" You two!" Heero scooted back as a thrid soldier ran into view. " We've got a break. Boht of you help in the search for pilots 01,02,03 and 05 NOW."

Motioning the others to move on Heero slipped once more down the hall. He cast glances into all the open rooms hoping for a hint to Quatres whereabouts, but had no such luck. He forced himself to keep his anger down and proceed as planned. If he let his anger get the best of him he could make a fatal mistake. Or lose the only ones he would consider friends. Rounding a corner he caught a glimpse of a brown tail disappearing into a doorway. Frowning he snuck closer to the open door. For a second he had hoped that they had found their missing companion but something just did not feel right. Holding a gun ready Heero stepped cautiously into the bright room. His breath caught in his throat.

" Quatre." The boy was laying fully clothed on a bed, sunlight streaming onto his unusually pale skin. Heero became very aware of the strange quiet in the room. Surveying the room he found no trace of the others in the small room. Frowning again he thought back, he was sure Duo had gone into this room.

" Welcome Mister Yuy." Heero repositioned his gun to face the man as he entered the room, locking the door behind him.

" Humph." Rosald Winner chuckled me with your young friend there?" Rosald made a move toward the bed but was quickly cut off by Heero.

" Back off." Heeros cold caused the man to flinch slightly. He quickly regained his composure.

" Ha! Don't worry Heero, soon you won't have to even think about the safety of that boy or the others." They held each others eye unwaveringly, but Heero was chilled by what he saw there. " You see, I could still have a use for you in fututre. But, I can't just keep you here as you have already proven that you are capable of escape and thus a danger while in this facility."

Heero did not like where this conversation was headed. His finger itched to pull the trigger and end the whole thing, but he had a feeling they would need the guy and nor was fond of killing when it was he did not have to. This guy was pushing the envelope now though. His anxiety nearly over took his as the quiet breaths behind him tapered off then stopped. Quatre had stopped breathing! His gasp was audible, and much to the satisfaction of the other man.

" Do you want to save him Heero?" The mans cold voice had chilled even more. He knew he had won, at least for now. " Go ahead Heero, save him. Then we can stop this foolishness and you can get to your new life." Holding up a needle filled with blue fluid he extended his hand to Heero. " Take it, you only have a little time. 'Follow your emotions'." He watched as Heero battled it out then finally snatched the needle from the mans hand and moved over to the still figure on the bed. Holding his gun on the man still, he injected the needles contents into Quatres arm. His muscles tensed in anticipation, waiting for Quatre to take a precious breath and swearing that if he had been tricked this man was dead on his feet. His finger began to tighten after a second, then a soft intake of air was heard from below him. He relaxed his trigger finger and opened his mouth to speak. A sharp blow to the side of the head knocked him onto the figure on the bed.

A soft beat of a heart filled his ears almost lulling him into sleep. Opening his eyes slightly pain rocketed through his head forcing him to close them again. He heard voices around him, recognizing those of Duo, Trowa and Wufei. Roslads cut through his pain dimmed mind and he once agin forced his eyes open. From his position he could see his three friends being pushed into the room from a side door and shoved before the bed. Guns were trained on them and Duo was yelling something he could not hear. Feeling the soft rise and fall and warm pillow underneath him he lifted his head to see what he was laying on. As the heartbeat faded from his ears he felt a loss in his heart. Quatre lay underneath him resting peacefully. So peacefully.....as the blackness started to overcome him again he made out a muffled, " Damn the kid stopped breathing again!". Cold gripped his heart as he made out the exclamation.

" No.."Shaking the blackness from his vision he struggled desperately to hold onto the boy beneath him as hands pulled him away. His hand closed around a small, cool object around Quatres throat as he was finally pulled from him and the object snapped off into his hand. The blackness claimed him as a faint heartbeat echoed in his ears.


Golden locks fluttered in the breeze as the boy made his way back through the town square. Dusk was falling and the changing leaves drifted down around him to settle at his feet. It was beautiful scene to behold, all the golden brown and red leaves bathed in golden evening light. Lastly, the boy humming lightly along, apart of the nature surrounding him. His school books were clutched under one arm and a groceries under the other. Waving at a few merchants as he passed he made his way out of town.

" Alex! Alex is back!" A little voice cheered happily while throwing herself into Alex's arms, spilling groceries and books all over the ground. Alex laughed as he swung the little girl into the air. Several more little voices cried out happily as they surrounded the older boy, searching his pockets for the treats they knew were there. Chasing them inside he gathered up his things and took the little girls hand.

" Come on Cielia. Lets go on in." Smiling aqua eyes looked down at the small child beaming up at him.

" Alex?"

" Yeah?"

" Whatcha learn today?" Alex laughed lightly as Cielia looked inquisitively at him.

" About a lot of things."

" Like?"

" Like..math, history, business... things like that."

" Bor~ing." Laughing he led Cielia into the small stone building. As he walked through the door he grazed his hand over the plaque beside the entryway. He had already memorized the inscription.

Graysen orphanage

In loving memory of Cathrine Winner


Alex stared through the open window, pushing around the half eaten vegetables on his plate. The stars were so bright tonight, and if he looked hard enough he could see the lights of the L4 colonies. It was soothing somehow to see this, like a.....home. He shook his head, he never head a home. Just this orphanage. He felt the pull again, like there was someone out there who needed him. Like he belonged somewhere other than here.

" Ahem!" He snapped around to the matron, who was currently glaring at him. ' Jeesh, she's worse than.....who? Where'd that come from?' " Alex!"

" Uh....yes?" He smiled sheepishly. Matron rolled her eyes then looked lovingly at the boy in her charge.

" Eat! You are to skinny as it is. I will not have you wasting away in my care!" Her scold was lightened by the smile that played on her lips.

" Yes madam." He smiled again and forced a fork full of carrots down his throat. Once she was satisfied she looked back to her younger charges. Alex quickly scraped his food into the knapkin on his lap.

" All done!" Before she could protest he had lept from his chair and sprinted up the stairs into his attic room. Childish giggles followed him as he ran.

The feeling was strong in his heart as he sat in the open window dangling a leg out. ' I don't belong here do I?' Wind played with silky hair. ' No, I am just Alex Stillton orphan amnesic with no past.'

" Who am I?" His whisper was carried away by the gentle wind.