Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Chimaera ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G boys, I just borrow them from time to time and return them a whole lot happier.

Rating: NC 17

Warnings: Yaoi, Lemon, sap, angst, Male Pregnancy, medical themes

Pairings: 1x2x1

Archive: http://gundam-wing-diaries.150m.com

http://sweetlysour.net.

http://adultfanfiction.net

http://www.theforsakenwk.com

Many thanks to DBZVelena, Ryouga and Yami_tai for the beta. Also thanks to Yami_tai for the title of this fic.

Summary: Set partially during the series but main bulk after the war. EW didn't take place. The Eve wars are finished and the peace retained. The pilots have all gone their own ways, Heero and Duo have made a life together both working for Preventer when Duo's world is turned upside down as his unknown past comes back to haunt him.

Dedication: To Velena who gave me the plot bunny for this little gem.

Status: In progress.

~ Indicates flashbacks ~

"Chimaera"

October 2003 ShenLong

Prologue

The doctor looked carefully at the monitor once again, his brow creased as he studied the mess of shadows and lines on the small screen. He shook his head and turned his attention back to the young boy lying unconscious on the table. He reached for the tube of gel and smeared some more on to the pale, exposed stomach. He pressed the delicate instrument against the skin and adjusted the monitor again. Regardless of how many different angles he looked from, the picture still remained the same. A knock at the door disturbed his examination and he gruffly bade the intruder to enter.

Howard shut the door behind him and walked over to the prone form on the table. "How's the exam going, Doc?"

G placed the sound head to one side and rubbed his forehead. "There may be a problem."

"Oh?" Howard stared at the sleeping form. "I thought he would be ideal for what you wanted. I mean he's young, trainable, and he's got great stealth skills."

Dr G chuckled. "I have no doubts as to his stealth skills, nor his infiltration skills either, after all he did manage to sneak aboard your ship."

"Then what is the problem?"

G sighed. "Take a look." He picked up the sound head again and began to run it over the boy's lower abdomen, the screen flickered to life and the same haze of white, gray and black lines appeared.

Howard scratched his chin. "I hate to tell you this Doc, but I haven't got a clue as to what I'm looking at here."

Doctor G turned to the monitor and with his free hand he pointed out various things to the Sweeper. "I'm scanning his internal organs, just routine of course. If he is going to be my pilot then it's necessary for him to undergo a full medical."

"And?"

"So far everything appears to be normal, well, up until now."

"C'mon Doc, spit it out."

"Take a look here. What do you see?"

"A lot of black and white shading?"

Doctor G snorted.

"Well, you're the Doc so why don't you tell me? Like I already said, I haven't a clue when it comes to medicine. Now give me a mobile suit and I could tell you everything about it down to the last screw, but the human body? All I know is it bleeds, needs feeding and watering on a regular basis, coupled with waste removal and rest and it usually functions just fine."

"You have such an eloquent way with words Howard."

Howard shrugged and grinned. "You know me Doc."

Doctor G pointed back to the screen. "Look here, these are the kidneys and here is the bladder..."

"Yeah."

"Now look closely. Do you see that shading there?"

"Yes."

"That is an ovary."

"A what!?"

"An ovary, Howard. Is there something wrong with your hearing?" G gave him a look before turning back to the monitor. "That is an ovary alright, and look here; this small organ is a uterus, it's not as large or well formed as it should be, but then again Duo here is only twelve and has yet to go through puberty. If I'm not mistaken, there is no vagina but there appears to be a small tube, very thin that attaches the uterus to the lower bowel."

Howard was beginning to look rather pale. "You mean to say that Duo is a girl?"

G chuckled. "No Howard, not really. Duo is male." G lifted the small towel that covered the unconscious boy's groin exposing the genitals.

"Then what's all this shit about?"

G replaced the towel and shut down the ultra sound machine, he turned to face Howard. "My guess is that Duo is a hermaphrodite."

"A what?"

"Hermaphrodite. Sometimes a child is born with the genitalia of both sexes and exhibits dual sexuality. This is my guess as to what has happened to Duo here. He is definitely male but he also has some female reproductive organs."

"Well, how is that going to affect him?"

"I will need to run some tests, but from what I can determine from the ultra sound the female parts are non functional, dead if you wish, whereas his male side is doing just fine."

Howard lowered his eyes, deep in thought. "How are you going to tell him?"

"I'm not."

"What!?" Howard looked up sharply. "You have to tell him."

G turned around and busied himself with his equipment. "I'm pretty sure that the female organs are defunct. I will do my tests to make sure but if they are non functional then there is no reason to let him know; it won't affect his performance as a male in any way, shape, form, or matter, so what he doesn't know won't hurt him."

"I don't know G, it all sounds pretty unethical to me."

"Look," G sighed. "I'll finish my testing and if the female parts are active then I promise you I will let him know. But if they aren't..."

Howard tugged lightly on his beard. "Okay."

"Unless you have any further business here I will ask you to leave now. I have several tests to run and I'm sure you have other things you could be doing."

Howard stood with a grunt. "You will let me know as soon as you have the results?"

"Of course."

Howard left the room and G continued with his medical testing.

~ oOo ~

tbc......

Foot Note: Chimaera is the scientific name given to Hermaphrodites. For more info check out the web site http://www.nature.com/nsu/020429/020429-13.html