Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Chimaera ❯ Chapter 42 ( Chapter 42 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G boys, I just borrow them from time to time and return them a whole lot happier.

Rating: NC 17

Warnings: Yaoi, Lemon, sap, angst, Male Pregnancy, medical themes

Pairings: 1x2x1

Archive: http://gundam-wing-diaries.150m.com

http://sweetlysour.net.

http://adultfanfiction.net

http://www.theforsakenwk.com

Summary: Set partially during the series but main bulk after the war. EW didn't take place. The Eve wars are finished and the peace retained. The pilots have all gone their own ways, Heero and Duo have made a life together both working for Preventer when Duo's world is turned upside down as his unknown past comes back to haunt him.

Dedication: To Velena who gave me the plot bunny for this little gem.

Special thanks to my wonderful beta's DBZVelena, Ryouga and Yami_Tai, I'd be lost without you guys!

Status: In progress.

~ Indicates flashbacks ~

/ thoughts /

"Chimaera"

October 2003 ShenLong

Chapter 42

Heero stayed with Duo, cuddled together on the small hospital bed while they waited for Sally to return with the blood test results. Neither one spoke, the silence somehow suiting both their moods. Duo was wrapped up in thoughts of what could go wrong if the tests came back not in their favor, his mind running in overdrive. Heero was trying not to think about the negative, opting to try and remain positive. After all, he reasoned, women went through his sort of stuff all the time and it didn't stop them from having babies.

Nurse Brown poked her head inside the room and seeing the pair cuddling quietly she left them alone, a small smile playing upon her lips. She had a soft spot for the long haired man, despite her tough outlook. She was determined that this young creature who had been thrown into a situation that wasn't his fault would get the very best of care from herself, even if he didn't always agree with her tactics. Walking off down the hallway she went towards the kitchens to see if she could organize something a little special for her patient's dinner.

Sally took the blood samples to the pathology lab and gave the attendant her instructions on the test she needed performing. While the technician completed the tests she sat and waited patiently for the results. It didn't take long and she was soon on her way back to the hospital room, the envelope with the pathology report tucked under her arm.

Entering the room she smiled at the pair on the bed, cuddling quietly. They were just like any other expectant parents, she mused; happy, excited and terrified beyond their wits as to what was going to happen to their lives! She gave a small cough to announce her presence and moved fully into the room.

The pair pulled slightly apart and noticing it was Sally, rearranged themselves so as to be able to speak clearly with the doctor and still hold each other close. Duo remained cuddled close to Heero's chest, his arms around Heero's waist while Heero's arms were secure around Duo's shoulder, the long, chestnut braid held firmly in one hand.

"You have the results?" Heero asked.

"Yes, yes I do," replied Sally as she reached into the small envelope and removed the pathology report. She studied it for a moment and then looked at the pair. "The results are as follows. Heero, you are blood group O with a positive rhesus factor. Duo, you are blood group A also with a positive rhesus factor." The smile lit up Sally's face as she gave them the news.

"That's good, isn't it?" Duo asked, still a little uncertain. After all the other bad shit that had gone down lately he didn't dare hope that something was finally starting to go right for him.

"Yes, Duo. The result is good. With both of you being positive then there is no problem with the baby's blood."

"Thank Jesus, Mary and Joseph," mumbled Duo as he fought to hold his tears of happiness; and failing.

Heero gave his lover a squeeze. "I told you it would all be okay, little mother," he whispered as he wiped the tears away with his finger.

Sally got up and reached for the tissue box, passing it to Heero who gratefully took a wad and proceeded to dry his partner's eyes. "Hush, Duo. There's no need to cry. Everything is fine."

"I know, Heero. I can't help it though," Duo sniffled. "I'm so happy that it all came back fine but the tears won't stop." Duo gave a sheepish grin, which given the wet trails that continued to course down his cheeks, made him look rather cute... in Heero's opinion anyway.

Sally looked at Heero and mouthed 'hormones' at him, Heero nodded in understanding and continued to soothe his lover. Sally resumed her professional air, speaking briskly. "The equipment will all be delivered to the house tomorrow at eleven. I trust you can be there to supervise the arrival and advise the delivery people where to place the equipment?" Sally looked at Heero.

"Hai. I will be there at ten thirty," replied Heero.

"Good. I will call by later in the afternoon and set it all up the way I want it. Duo?"

Duo looked up, the tears still flowing even while he blushed and tried to stem the flow.

"If your wounds are still fine now that the stitches are out then I see no reason why you can't be discharged on Friday."

Duo's face lit up like a christmas tree and he gave a loud whoop of joy. "Thanks, Sally. Yes! Finally I can get out of here." He only had tomorrow to get through and then he would be with Heero again, on their own, just the two of them. His body flushed and then shivered at those thoughts. Thank God the nurse didn't need to take his blood pressure or heart rate for another two hours yet. He was sure it had just elevated several notches!

Heero grinned. "That's good news. Thank you, Sally"

"The best way you two can thank me is for Duo to finish healing and stay healthy. I trust you to look after him, Heero and make sure he doesn't do anything strenuous or stupid."

"As if I would!" Duo huffed.

"Come, come now, Duo. I think I know you quite well by now," teased Sally.

"I give you my scouts honor that I won't do anything rash or silly. After all, I have another to think about now." The fact that he'd never been a boy scout didn't enter the equation. Duo's hand went to his abdomen and caressed gently, Heero's hand following seconds later and landing softly over Duo's.

"I will make sure he rests and doesn't overdo anything."

"Right. I'll just check the wounds and then leave you two alone. Nurse Brown should be back soon with your dinner, Duo." Sally moved to the side of the bed and Heero vacated his spot on the mattress, giving Duo a hand to lean forward so Sally could lift the gauze padding and check the wound on his back. The procedure was repeated to his abdomen before he was allowed to recline once more.

"There's a little bit of discharge but I expected that. Nurse Brown will clean the wounds and redress them after your dinner. If you feel any pain, heat or detect any swelling in the area you must let the nurse know immediately. Am I clear?"

"Yes, ma'am!" Duo gave a mock salute.

"Fine. I will see you in the morning, Duo. Rest now. Heero, I will see you tomorrow afternoon. Good evening, gentlemen."

"Good evening, Sally."

"Have a good one!" Duo grinned from his place amongst the pillows.

Sally turned and left the two alone, heading back to her office to finish up the day's reports on her computer, check in with G and then head home.

~ * ~

Nurse Brown strode down the corridor, tray in hand and entered the room. "Your dinner, Duo," she stated as she set the tray down upon the moveable one and brought it around to the bed.

Heero had disappeared to fetch himself something to eat, promising to return as soon as possible.

Duo eyed the tray suspiciously. The aroma that was coming from the covered plate tantalized his nose and got his mouth watering. He looked at the nurse, raising an eyebrow in question.

"Go on, it won't bite you." Nurse Brown smiled at the hesitant look on the young man's face.

Carefully Duo lifted the lid and the smile went from ear to ear as he studied the contents. "Awww... You do have a heart after all," he said as he picked up his knife and fork.

"It's about time you started to get some proper solid nourishment into you. You're far too skinny as it is and now with a little one on the way you're going to need extra. Just don't go overboard though." Nurse Brown couldn't help the smile that tugged at her own lips as she witnessed the look of pure pleasure on the sweet face as Duo tucked in.

"Delicious, simply delicious," Duo murmured around his mouthful. "I take back everything negative I've ever said about you."

Nurse Brown shook her head, the merry twinkle in her eye as she left Duo to eat his dinner.

Duo closed his eyes in bliss. After having been on a light almost bland diet so far, the toast being the only tasteful food stuff to date, the meal in front of him was a gift from the gods. While still light in a sense it was far more tasty that anything else he'd had. The chicken breast was cooked lightly all the way through, the juices still running freely as his fork pierced the meat. Although the vegetables were steamed, they were still fresh and crisp to a point, their flavor sealed in. A light gravy covered the food and added to the taste.

When Heero returned from fetching his own dinner he found his lover just finishing off the last mouthful, a satisfied look upon his handsome face. "I take it that your dinner was different to the last efforts?"

"Oh yes, Heero. This was what I call proper food." Duo eyed the empty plate a little sadly. "Could have done with a bit more though."

Heero dropped his own dinner to the bedside cabinet and placed the cover over the empty plate, moving the tray out of the way at the same time. The way Duo was still eyeing the plate Heero had no doubt that Duo would be cleaning it off with his tongue given half the chance. He sat upon the mattress and took out his own dinner, Duo watching him carefully. He noticed the quirk of an eyebrow and slight curling of a lip. "What?" Heero turned to face Duo.

"Geeze, Yuy. Where's your sense of adventure?"

"I don't underst..."

"That." Duo poked at Heero's bagel.

"It's a bagel, Duo."

"I can see that. Problem is, you always eat food like that."

"I happen to like bagels."

"I do too, but you could at least have something decent on it."

"What's wrong with ham, lettuce and tomato? It's healthy and nutritious."

"You always have ham, lettuce and tomato. Why don't you try something different for a change? Something like smoked salmon and cream cheese? Or maybe bacon, chives and cheese?"

"I happen to like ham, lettuce and tomato." Heero ignored his lover who had suddenly developed a culinary interest in his food and eating habits and took a bite from the bagel.

Duo rolled his eyes. "I give up!"

"Good."

~ * ~

Heero looked at the clock, it was a quarter past midnight. He raked his fingers through his sweaty bangs, rolled his shoulders and reached for the packing tape. He sealed the box and wrote upon the exterior in black marking pen; then he stood and eased the kinks from his aching spine. He quietly surveyed the lounge room. Box upon box stood, stacked neatly along the wall by the front door. All sealed and all clearly labeled. With a grunt Heero picked up the box he'd just sealed and carried it over to the rest of the collection.

He rubbed at his eyes, the lids heavy. Thank heavens that was the last one. All he had left to do now was strip the bed in the morning, pack up his toothbrush, soap and towel from the bathroom and empty out the few items in the refrigerator. Everything else was packed and ready to go. He picked up the two remaining boxes and carried one through to the kitchen, depositing it on the table ready for the morning and 'fridge contents. The other he took through to the bedroom and placed it on the floor. Grabbing the clean pair of boxers he'd left out he went to the bathroom and took his shower, the warmth of the water easing his tired muscles.

Curling up under the thin cotton sheet, Heero ran a mental check over the apartment, going through each room in his mind, making sure he'd packed everything that was theirs. Once they were settled into the new place he would come back and clean the apartment, Une having told him there was no rush as the place wasn't due to be rented out to any agent in the immediate future. Lying on his back, Heero folded his hands under his head and lay staring at the ceiling, his thoughts running wild through his head until he fell asleep, exhausted by the recent events.

~ * ~

His internal clock told him it was early. Sunlight streamed in through the window and the chirping of the birds could be heard. Heero opened his eyes and rubbed the sleep from them. He rolled over and swung his legs to the side of the mattress and then stood up, stretching and yawning as he did so. He scratched at his stomach, boxers slipping down slightly over one hip. Moving to the bathroom he lifted the toilet lid and relieved himself, washed his hands and face and returned to the bedroom where he grabbed his jeans and T-shirt from the chair. Moments later he was stripping the bed and stuffing the sheets into the box along with his towel and dirty clothes from yesterday.

Walking into the kitchen the clock ticked away, he glanced at it. 7.15, he noted and then opened the 'fridge door, removed the carton of milk, and downed the remains. Swiping the back of his hand across his mouth he was glad that Duo wasn't there to see that display. After all, it wouldn't do for him to be caught drinking straight from the carton, not after all the times he'd reprimanded Duo for doing it!

He tossed the empty carton to the rubbish bin and began the task of emptying out the 'fridge. It didn't take long as Heero had let the supplies run low so there was minimal contained within. The pantry had also been reduced in stock and Heero made a mental note that he would need to go shopping once he had Duo safely in the new residence.

With the last of the stuff packed into the box Heero sealed it and carried it out to the others. He went back through to the bathroom and cleaned his teeth, then packed the toothbrush and paste into the last remaining box. Applying the tape and stacking it with the others he gave a satisfied sigh. He glanced at the clock again. Eight. Wufei would be here any moment to give him a hand to move. There wasn't a whole lot he thought as he looked over the stack again, but too much to make one trip in the pick up. He would be able to cart the bulk of it and the remainder would fit into Wufei's station wagon. Between the two of them they should manage to move the entire stack in one run.

The sound of the doorbell drew him from his musings and Heero picked his way through the lounge to open the door. "Chang." He nodded to the Chinese agent.

"Yuy." Wufei stepped into the apartment and looked around. "This all of it?"

"Hai."

"Then I suggest we get moving. I still have to go to work." Wufei moved to the stack. "Which would you like me to take?"

Heero had separated the boxes into two stacks and indicated the smaller of the piles to Wufei. "Those there if you don't mind."

Wufei grunted and picked up the first of many boxes and carried it down the hall to the elevator, Heero followed behind him with another box.

It took them a full hour, but finally all the boxes were loaded into the vehicles and Heero found himself standing in an empty apartment. Well the furniture was still there but all their personal effects were gone, giving the place an almost sterile feel. Heero could relate to the cold empty feeling. He held the same feeling inside his heart while his lover was away from him. Without looking back he turned and left, locking the door behind him.

Wufei followed the pick up, musing over his friends two lives now. It had come as a shock to him to find out about Maxwell's pregnancy, and had taken him a while longer to come to terms with it. Men just simply did not get pregnant! That was the place of an onna. Mind you, he'd always teased Maxwell about being an onna, with that ridiculously long braid of hair. Why the man insisted on keeping it long was beyond Wufei, but then again, most things about Maxwell defied explanation in Wufei's book.

He'd understood the logistics of things when Sally had explained them to him and he'd even done a little of his own research in order to understand the condition a little better. He was still confused in some areas though, or rather confused as to why nothing had been done about Maxwell's problem sooner. Shrugging his shoulders to himself, Wufei gave up on trying to figure it out: there wasn't any point really. Maxwell was pregnant and Yuy was the father, plain and simple. Not a whole lot you could do about it. Still, Wufei shuddered and thought for the millionth time how glad he was that it was Maxwell who was going through all this. He wasn't sure if he could do the same had it been himself who was in this situation.

No doubt about it, he had to give Maxwell his due. The man sure had courage, and was most certainly going to need all of it in the future. Wufei wasn't so cold or cruel to deny his friend any assistance he could give him, he would help out wherever he could; if only to have the chance to tease the American and get some of his own back for all the years of suffering he'd had to endure.

Heero cleared the security at the gate and drove up the winding drive to the house. Rashid awaited their arrival and greeted both Heero and Wufei. The three of them soon had the vehicles unpacked and the boxes stowed away in the rooms their contents would be going in. Heero left Rashid to unpack the boxes in the kitchen and went to see Wufei out, thanking the Chinese man for his assistance. As Wufei departed, so the front gate alerted them to the presence of the delivery truck with the medical equipment. Rashid gave the clearance and Heero waited for the men to pull up.

As the doors to the large truck swung open so Heero got his first look at the equipment Sally had ordered for Duo. His eyes opened wide. Fuck! He had no idea that there would be so much! With his mouth set in a grim line he began the task of assisting the delivery men to unload and cart the various apparatuses to the study room that was to serve as Sally's examination room. Rashid raised an eyebrow when he saw the equipment arriving but kept his silence. Heero was grateful for that. Besides his physical exhaustion he really didn't think he could cope with the mental side of explanations and the like.

With the delivery men disappearing in a cloud of dust so Heero wearily trudged back inside the mansion. Rashid met him at the door.

"Master Heero? I have some lunch prepared for you in the kitchen if you are hungry."

Heero looked up at the huge man and smiled. "Thank you, Rashid. That would be most pleasant." Heero followed the large man through to the kitchen where a plate of sandwiches sat. Thick chunks of bread having been cut from a fresh baked loaf reminding Heero of the doorstop sandwiches his partner loved to make.

Duo...

Heero sat down and picked up a sandwich, wolfing it down and reaching for another. As soon as he was done he would shower and head to the hospital, the unpacking of their clothes and personal effects could wait until tonight. He had an empty hollow feeling inside his chest, an ache that wouldn't be ignored nor go away. Right now he needed to see his lover, to make sure that both Duo and his child were safe and well, more for his own peace of mind than anything.

~ * ~

tbc.....