Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Concrete angel ❯ Concrete angel ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Concrete Angel

Song by Martina McBride

She walks to school with the lunch she packed.

Nobody knows what she's holding back.

Hilde walked to school gentle carrying her bag on her right shoulder, her plain brown bag with leftover from the night before in her left hand as she walked alone down the snow covered streets of colony L3 where she decide to finish high school. It had been two years since the end of the wars and people will getting on with their lives and rebuilding and the pilots were getting on with there lives. She had heard that Heero had finally admitted that he loved Relena. It was about time. She sighed watching a young couple laughing holding hands as they walk on the other side of the street. She was seeing this man who was much older then her. His name was Steve, he was 27 and he had promised to take care of her after he got her pregnant. She touched her still flat stomach, but all she seemed to do is make him angry with her. She covered her black eyes the best she could with makeup and now shoulder long dark hair. It was her fault she always made him angry, It was her fault he raised his hand at her. She stopped at the doors to the school, sighing. No one even knew she was pregnant and no one cared. She was just another student in the school No past and no future.

Wearing the same dress she wore yesterday

She hides the bruises with linen and lace

Hilde straighten out her dress as she entered the school, she hoped that Relena or the others didn't see she was warring the same dress she wore the day before. She didn't get a chance to change last night and it hadn't been the first time that Steve didn't give her a change to put on a fresh dress. At least this time he didn't cause her to bleed on her dress. She had trouble explaining that one to the teacher. She didn't want to get him in trouble for something she caused; She didn't want to be alone. She couldn't raise a child alone. She went to her locket it took several tries but she got it open. She took out the books she would need for first close she heard a laugh and closed her locket slightly. She watched one of the blond cheerleaders all over Duo walking down the hallway. She was giggling holding his hand. After the war the two had parted she didn't even get a change to telling him how she felt about him. She was deeply in love with him but she had found another so she moved on but it still hurt to see him with another. She smiled slightly as he went by nodding at her. His famous braid swinging behind him. She watched him stop at his locker opening the girl by his side. She was going on about the game that night and how she was leader of the cheerleader and how he should be there because he was her boyfriend. She slammed her locker door struggling not to cry as she walked past him not even bothering to look at him not wanting him to see her crying and disappeared into the girls bathroom. She sat in the stale alone crying into her eyes. She didn't even see the door open she had forgot to lock it.

"Hilde isn't it?"

She looked up to see one of her teachers standing there. She was a tall women long brown hair pulled into a bun named Mrs. Gallager. Hilde didn't answer she pushed past her standing in front of the large dirty mirror fixing her makeup hoping the teacher hadn't seen the black eye. Mrs. Gallager laid a hand on Hilde's back.

"Are you ok dear?"

Hilde bit her lip hard; the teacher had hit the still sore cut on her back from Steve the night before. Hilde nodded not looking at her and turned quickly leaving the bathroom as the bell rang. The teacher looked at the blood on her hand looking at the closed door before washing her hands.

The teacher wonders but she doesn't ask

It's hard to see the pain behind the mask.

Mrs. Gallager sat at her desk as the students worked she looked down at her now clean hands. She had noticed how Hilde had changed in the past month. She had looked at her file to see if she should have a talk with her parents but found she had none. She had called the man she was living with leaving a massage but there was nothing more she could do. She hoped the girl know that if she wanted to talk she was there.

Hilde sat putting on her best fake smile. She had learned to smile even when she was pain during the war. Her back was hurting and she felt she was going to throw up but she would never let it show. She sat looking down at the paper before her. She always hated math. She sighed, taking out a paper and started writing a letter for Duo. It would be number six. She never had the guts to give it to him. They were all stored in her locker she couldn't telling him how she felt she didn't know if she was just scarred or she just didn't want to ruin what she had with Steve. She put her pin down staring out the window. It was snowing softly outside and the sky was a dark gray. She saw Duo outside the window walking by he always got out early for some reason. He was alone now. He smiled waving at her. She smiled slightly then looked back down at her paper finishing her letter before get back to work on math. She made up her mine; she would put the letter in his locket and see what happened.

Bearing the burden of a secrete storm.

Sometime she wishes she wasn't born.

Through the wind and the rain

She stands hard as a stone

In a world that she can't raise above

But her dreams give her wings

And she flies to a place there she's loved

Concrete angel

Hilde walked alone towards her apartment after work. She hated her job but she had to work to support Steve and her baby. He couldn't find work and they had to eat so she put up with her job. She sighed kicking some snow off her boot. This wasn't what she had dreamed of for a live for herself. She had dreamed that her and Duo would marry, that they would start a junkyard together and have a little girl and boy together but now she was working a dead end job and pregnant. She hated this. She hated herself she felt like such a slut. She wished she had never been born that she would die in her sleep. She walked out the stairs towards her door. She struggled to find her keys when she found them she went to unlock the door but found the door unlocked. When she walked in the first thing she smelled was the beer. She shut and locked the door, kicking off her shoes, her feet hurt.

"WOMEN YOUR LATE WHERES MY DINNER!"

Hilde swallowed hard, he didn't sound happy she pulled out a pain from under the sink and put it on the stove getting the hamburger out and started making hamburgers for dinner. She didn't get her check for another three days and they were running low on food. There were only enough hamburgers for one she sighed putting one of the plate's back, guess she would be all right till tomorrow lunch. She sighed holding her back as she waited till the burgers were done. Steve came in for another beer and went to her throwing her against the door.

"What the hell is this." He growled angry picking up the pan. She rolled her eyes at him.

"Burgers" He turned slapping her hard. "Don't roll your eyes at me women I swear to god I'll make you wish you where never born."

She held her check. "I already do…" She mumbled he turned angry looking at her and stormed towards her pissed. He throw the hot grease onto her face she screamed holding her burnt face falling to her knees crying he hit her hard in the back of the head with the pain before she could react. She heard him screaming that he would make her pay for talking back to her before she blacked out.

Someone cries in the middle of the night

The neighbors hear, but they turn out the lights

A fragile soul caught in the hands of fate

When morning comes it'll be too late

Lucrezia Noin/Peacecraft sat in the living room reading the only sound now was the clock in the room and the soft sound of crying from the apartment next door. Earlier she had heard the man screaming and the girl crying out but now there was just crying. This wasn't the first time she heard him beat her but this was by far the worst time. She looked over at her husband Millirdo who was reading beside her. He didn't see her at first but then noticed her staring eyes. He put his book down standing. He had told her not to get invalid. It was none of their business what happened in the other apartment. She felt sorry for the girl thou She had heard him saying she was pregnant she rubbed her own large stomach she was due any day now and she didn't know why anyone would beat a women carrying their child but Millirdo was right they shouldn't get invalid. He smiled going to her kissing her taking her book marking the page and put it away on the table beside the chairs and turning out the lamp, he helped her up kissing her again before taking her hand leading her towards the door to their bedroom. Lucrezia looked back only once hoping she hadn't made a mistake and shut the bedroom door going to bed.

Hilde laid on the floor in the kitchen near the window. The sun was setting outside and Steve had finally fallen into a drunken sleep leaving her to cry in the kitchen. She laid there afraid to move, afraid that he would wake and be angry with her again and beat her some more. She touched the back of her head she could feel the blood on the back of her head. It was bad she was so weak and tired. She couldn't move now, blood formed a pool around her staining her clothing, hair, skin, everything was stained red. She would have to clean it before Steve awoke. She tried to sit up but couldn't move. She was crying harder now. She was so tired she struggled to keep her eyes open. She put her hand on the window leaving a bloody hand stain.

"I'm so sorry Duo…I should have told you how I felt…. I'm sorry…" She whispered as the sun disappeared behind the trees. She curled into a little ball and fall into a deep sleep and as darkness fall over the apartment she took her last breath.

A status stands in a shaded place

An angel girl with an upturned face

A name is written on a polished rock

A broken heart that the world forgot

Duo stood under the large oak tree as the rain poured down soaking him. He didn't care all he could see was the small grave before him. The funnel had been small and only the pilots and a few others had came. No one would know this girl. The doctor had said she bleed to death and died in her sleep. He clinched the letter in his hand now ruined by the rain. Hilde had left in his locker the day before. He couldn't believe she loved him or that she stayed with that jerk because she was pregnant. Tears ran down his checks as he kneeled by the grave touching the stone.

" I should have known I should have been here to protect you and your baby, I love you Hilde…I always loved you but I didn't know how to tell you…now your gone…. And it's my entire fault. Forgive me…"

He sat there in the rain crying. For once in his life he didn't care he was a guy and crying he had lost Hilde his one true love. There was a flash of lightening, a flash of sliver and red and a thump as the storm raged overhead and Duo kept his promise to protected Hilde and loved her forever.

Whoo done. Wow I about made myself cry over this one. Well I wrote this cause to many women and children are being hurt. Please if you see or hear this going on don't be afraid to call the cops. Well enough blah blah blah. LOL Read and Review please. Serenity Peacecraft