Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Confessions III: Resolution ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Confessions III: Resolution
Part 4
PG-13
Yaoi/Angst
Disclaimers: I don't own Gundam Wing, Duo, Heero, or the others.
Warnings: Um... What can I say so I don't spoil anything for you guys?? I guess I will repeat my self, Yaoi, Angst, and language.
Author's Note: Please respond to this one too. Arigatou. This part it just to tone it down a bit. Kay? Kay. It is also a nescesary part for this story. Hope you like! ::Sniff Sniff:: ;>-<;
________________________________

"You know what Maxwell would say if he was here?" asked Wufei standing at a podium in front of a large crowd. It seemed everyone who just bumped shoulders with Duo had shown up. Everyone was present at least, exempt for Heero. No one volunteered to speak first so Wufei stood up to everyone's surprise.
"He would say 'Aww, so you really did like me Wu-Man.' then he'd smile as I stared at him annoyed. He was always like that. Always trying to get someone to smile or laugh. I don't think we would be here, alive, if he hadn't kept us sane. Or even in-sane," the crowed chuckled even if all didn't know the real meaning behind 'we'. They all knew exactly how Duo was.
"I don't know how Heero was able to put up with him day in and day out, but Heero as still lucky, to have had him. Maxw-Duo will live in my memory forever. I'll never let him die. What happened to him was unfair to us. But I knew Duo would say it was fair to him. He can rest in piece. At least I hope he can. I want to say how unjust his death was, but I am here to talk about Duo. He was so unselfish. Everything was for everybody else. He never thought of his feelings. It was always for his former man. I have a feeling that how he acted around us, was nothing like what he really was. I guess we'll never know. I am at a loss for words, unlike Duo who never seemed to be able to hold his tongue for two minutes. Poor Heero." he ment to say it sarcastically but it became more of a true statement. Everyone did feel sorry for Heero. They hadn't seen him since the bombing. Every now and again Quatre or Relena would stop by to make sure he was okay. Each trying to get him to talk. He wouldn't say anything.
Hilde decided to go up next. She smiled her own smile, a sad yet happy smile, one to tell everybody everything was okay.
"Duo was funny. He was my first love. Even though he hadn't loved me back the same way. I still couldn't help but loving him. I felt jealous at first. Heero had all that I wanted but I couldn't for long. Duo was the happiest I had ever seen him. More happy then the days he spent with me. More then the nights we spent together. I saw what Duo truly was. He was someone who didn't want anybody to suffer. Yet, he knew he couldn't prevent it so he smiled. A smile for everybody else, not his smile. When they got married I saw it. His smile. Not for me, not for the guys, not for Heero. For him. I can truly say that Duo had a full filled life. He died happy. He once told me that every time on the battle field he was afraid for his life. He didn't want to die that way. He wanted to have a life of his own, an old man in bed next to his love. He didn't get all of his wish but at least part of it came true. I'm happy for him. Duo was funny." she said the last line with tears in her eyes, half sad half happy.
As she walked from the front to the back Quatre stood up and replaced her. "Du-Duo was a good man. I feel partly responsible, I suggested the child to Heero and gave him the article. He didn't deceive to die so soon. He didn't deserve to leave his love behind. I wish I could turn back the clock and not tell Heero. But then they wouldn't be so happy. Hilde was right he did die happy. He got to protect the one he loved." he started to really break down and Trowa went up and got him.
Everybody seemed to have said what was on their mind. And those who hadn't kept it in their hearts. The priest stepped forward one more time, he wasn't wearing the usual out fit for fear it might bring up a bad reminder that Duo was gone.
"Let's have a moment of silence and just think about how happy he is now. His time has come and gone and now we must spend time with the living. I ask of you one thing, to watch over his widower, Heero Yuy who could not be present today. Keep him in your prayers." and he became silent and all that was heard was small sobs, crincling of papers, and the sound of peace. "Let's go now and say our last good byes to the guest of honor." He lead some to the viewing room. The make up artist did a good job hiding the burns on his face and making him look alive. The only thing they couldn't fix was his missing braid. Everyone stepped forward, some bowed, others held his stiff hand, and some kissed his cheek softly. Soon everybody had left the funeral home leaving only the priest and the workers.
Heero still never showed up.

Ama- For some reason all these parts are short... All well, I am sorry guys!! I just can't deal with this! I hate killing my characters! Even when I played Barbies I couldn't kill any of my characters, even when my friend like to. "Jessie dies cause she fell of the roof, and this one died cause of un-know causes." Well you get the piccie. Boy I miss playing Barbies... Anyway!! I hope you like this part, the next part will be intense... At least as I was writing it it was... So Reply!!