Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Deadly Prussian ❯ Rapirs and Painful Memories ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Deadly Prussian

Lady Mars

Part V: Repairs and Painful Memories

Disclaimer: * Eddie lies, half-awake, pondering what to say. * I have been, ONCE AGAIN, forced to give this spiel. I do it only out of the sheer fear of my mistress. She doesn't claim ownership to I Love Rock and Roll, What It's Like, or Gundam Wing, just the characters she sticks into the story.

And Rieko, you are wise beyond your years. Now if only Stacia would learn that the easy way…..

* * *

Heero sat in the cockpit of his Gundam, tinkering with the wiring. The last battle had fried some of his circuitry and he was trying to fix it. 'Hopefully once I get it all done, this will become really arbitrary REALLY FAST. I never want to have to go through this shit frame by frame ever again.'

"What exactly are you doing in there?" Trowa asked, over the vid-screen. Heero sighed. 'I can't tell him, not yet. There's still too much I need to get done before I tell anyone what I'm doing. Gotta come up with a good lie for this one…'

"Trying to get some bugs out of the new ZERO system," Heero replied, his back turned to the other pilot. This threw Trowa for a loop.

"What kind of bugs?"

"Minor technological ones. Nothing that'll hinder my performance though." The Wing pilot frozen when he realized what he had just said. Trowa looked at him strangely, because he wasn't moving. /It never has hindered my performance before, but there have been time that… No, we're not going to think about that. That's more trouble than it's worth. Just get back to what you were doing, just like nothing ever happened.'

"You ok over there Yui?"

"Yeah, I was just thinking." He shut the door to the cartridges. He sat down in the pilot's seat and started running his tests. 'That was too close. One of these days you're going to have to tell them, but not yet. You're not ready yet.' The door to the house slammed open and shut again and Solo came striding through it, portable CD player in hand. He was singing at the top of his lungs, extremely out of tune. Heero cringed at the sound. 'What in the name of all thing holy is that god forsaken noise?'

"I saw him there dancin' there by the record machine!" Solo shouted. The two adults suck there heads out at the annoyance and turned to look at each other. 'Never mind.'

"He sounds like…" Trowa started.

"A dying cat." Heero finished. The two adults stared as the youth walked by, oblivious to the pair intently watching him. Heero sat thinking of how to make him stop. 'Duct tape? No, don't have any on me. Heavy object? No, that'd cause too much damage.'

"He must have been about seventeen!" the youth continued.

"MAKE IT STOP…" Trowa said through clenched teeth.

"I would but…." Heero stopped for a moment to go over his options again.

"BUT WHAT?" Trowa stared at the Wing pilot with wide eyes, almost begging him to do something extremely drastic.

"It would mean I'd have to kill him."

"I don't care... JUST MAKE IT END!" Yui slid back into his Gundam and grabbed his gun.

"If he goes to the second verse, I shoot. The second chorus, I kill him." Trowa nodded enthusiastically.

"Deal." The Wing pilot gripped his gun as Vamir and Eva appeared from their respective Gundams.

"The beat was going strong, playin' my favorite song!" Solo continued. "I could tell it wouldn't be long till he was with me! YEAH ME! I could tell it wouldn't be long till he was with me! Yeah with me! I love rock and roll, so put another dime in the juke box baby! I love rock and roll so come and take the time and dance with me!" Vamir walked up to him and bashed him upside the head. "Ow!" Vamir shook his head at Solo. "Now whatcha go and do that for?"

"Take a hint from someone who CAN sing," Vamir said. Heero rolled his eyes at that comment. "He smiled so I got up and asked for his name, but that don't matter he said, cuz' it's all the same." The blonde retorted, slightly less out of tune than his predecessor.

"Can I shoot him?" Yui asked. Trowa nodded.

"I don't care who you kill, as long as it makes the noise stop, PERMANANTLY."

"YOU call THAT singing?!?" Eva shouted. "YOU need to take a hint from SOMEONE who CAN SING." She flipped her braid aside and finished out the song. "I still can't take you home where we can be alone. And next we're movin' on. And he was with me, yeah me! I could tell it wouldn't be long till he was with me! Yeah with me! And we were singing…." A shot rang out.

"Another word comes out of YOUR mouth…ANY OF YOU!…. I… WILL … SHOOT … TO… KILL," Yui said, angered. The three teens ran out, before their angered leader could strike again. Heero slid down onto the cool metal of his hatch.

"One day Yui," Wufei said over the vid-screen. "You will kill one and you'll be sorry."

"I'll deal with it then," the Wing pilot replied. He sat staring at the ceiling, lost in thought again. Trowa shook his head and turn his CD player up.

"Might as well make sure we can't hear them if the decide to come back for a repeat performance."
"After that act," Wufei replied. "They won't, ever again." Heero listened more intently as the next song started, not really paying attention to the others.

"We've all seen the man at the liquor store beggin' for your change

The hair on his face is dirty, dread-locked, and full of mange

He asks a man for what he could spare, with shame in his eyes

"Get a job you fucking slob," is all he replies

God forbid you ever had to walk a mile in his shoes

'Cause then you really might know what it's like to sing the blues.

Then you really might know what it's like...

Then you really might know what it's like...

Then you really might know what it's like...

Then you really might know what it's like..."

Heero began to revel in memories long past. Each one seemingly connected to the lyrics.

'Damn it,' he thought. 'Why now…why is it that guy won't leave me ALONE!'

"Mary got pregnant from a kid named Tom that said he was in love

He said, "Don't worry about a thing, baby doll

I'm the man you've been dreaming of."

But 3 months later he says he won't date her or return her call

And she swear, "God damn, if I find that man I'm cuttin' off his

balls."

And then she heads for the clinic and

she gets some static walking through the door

They call her a killer, and they call her a sinner

and they call her a whore

God forbid you ever had to walk a mile in her shoes

'Cause then you really might know what it's like to have to choose.

Then you really might know what it's like...

Then you really might know what it's like...

Then you really might know what it's like...

Then you really might know what it's like..."

'And the damn chick at the base…' He was starting to loose his composure.

"I've seen a rich man beg

I've seen a good man sin

I've seen a tough man cry

I've seen a loser win

And a sad man grin

I heard an honest man lie

I've seen the good side of bad

And the downside of up

And everything between

I licked the silver spoon

Drank from the golden cup

And smoked the finest green

I stroked the baddest dimes at least a couple of times

before I broke their heart

You know where it ends, yo, it usually depends on where you start."

'The endless people I've seen and killed.' By this time he was crying.

"I knew this kid named Max

who used to get fat stacks out on the corner with drugs

He liked to hang out late

he liked to get shit-faced and keep the pace with thugs

Until late one night there was a big gun fight and Max lost his head

He pulled out his chrome .45, talked some shit, and wound up dead

Now his wife and his kids are caught in the midst of all of this pain

You know it crumbles that way

at least that's what they say when you play the game

God forbid you ever had to wake up to hear the news

'Cause then you really might know what it's like to have to lose

Then you really might know what it's like...

Then you really might know what it's like...

Then you really might know what it's like...to have to lose."

'And…and…' He was now bawling. He bolted up, jumped down from his Gundam, tore into the house, up the stairs, slammed his door, and collapsed against it. Trowa and Wufei looked at each other, baffled.

* * *

The Wing pilot tore through the house, ignoring Quatre's calls as he blew pat the blonde. He slid into hi room and slammed the door shut. Heero continued to cry, his back leaning on the oak door.

"Why?" he asked between sobs. "Why? Why did it have to be you? Why did it have to been then? Why couldn't I have been there? WHY GODDAMN IT!?! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO GO SO SOON!?!?!"

***