Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Deadly Prussian ❯ Gone in Sixty Seconds? ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Deadly Prussian

Lady Mars

Part VI: Gone in Sixty Seconds?

Disclaimer: Don't own Gundam Wing…Same old, same old.

* * *

Heero walked into the dining room without a sound. The unofficial leader had spent the better part of the afternoon locked in his room, trying to lock down his emotions. The collection of people at the dinner table stared at his blood shot eyes, but said nothing in fear of angering the pilot. Heero took his place and the meal began without a word. The meal went on for a few minutes in strained silence. Everyone knew that the silence had to be broken, but no one really knew what to say or had the guts to say anything at all.

"What's the next training mission?" Quatre asked, breaking the silence. The adults exchanged glances. No one had thought about continuing the children's training, but it was desperately needed to improve their skills.

"There are plenty of options," Duo replied.

"Like?"

"Sniping." Trowa snickered. All eyes shifted to him and then back to Duo. "What's so funny?"

"You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, Maxwell," the man replied, trying not to choke on his soup. Duo shot him a cold look. This could get real ugly real fast and all the children were ready to bolt if the situation got too heated too fast.

"That was cold Barton." Trowa smiled cockily at Duo's remark.

"So? It's the truth. There are only two people here with any sense of aim, me and Heero." Duo saw red, he was about to lunge at Trowa when Quatre intervened.

"What are our other options?" Quatre asked, trying to prevent an argument.

"Escape?" Duo offered.

"From where?" Wufei asked.

"Good point. Spying?"

"On who?" Duo sighed.

"Are you going to shoot down all of my options?"

"Until you give a good one, yes."

"Fine…. Explosives."

"Not in this house!" Quatre shouted.

"Why not?" Wufei asked.

"Do you want another pyro floating around?"

"You have a problem with this?"

"YES! Having one Yui is bad enough! Teaching the kids will destroy us all."

"No it won't! They're responsible kids."

"Responsible?" Wufei barked back. "None of them have any idea what responsibility even means. They wouldn't know how to act mature even if we paid them!"

"You really think that?" Quatre replied. "You don't think our kids can behave themselves?"

"Not in the least." Heero rolled his eyes and went back to staring into his bowl of soup. 'At least you won't drag me into this. As long as I don't look up I'll be...' The argument raged on until a phone rang. The banter stopped. They all looked at each other, trying to source it. Heero looked down at his belt, finally realizing that it was his. He pulled it from it resting place and answered it.

"Dragon." He said.

"Dragon?" The person on the other end said. "Une." Heero rolled his eyes again. 'Why her? Why now? Why does she always call when I'm emotionally distraught, in an argument, or both?'

"Une. What do I owe this call to?" 'You'd better have a great reason for calling me or you are so going to feel the real wrath of the dragon…'

"Seeing if you got there in one piece." Heero snorted; it wasn't the answer he had wanted.

"I did. Probably won't last long though."

"Why?" The lady sounded a bit confused.

"Argument."

"Argument?"

"Over training the kids in explosives. Q's against it."

"They need to learn." Heero smirked cockily; he knew how to keep them from listening to his whole conversation.

"Hang on." He turned to Quatre, covering the receiver. "She agrees. She thinks it would be in the best benefit of the children to have explosive training and she thinks that they should only learn from the best." This started the argument again. "Ok. Anything else you need of me before I hang up and resume staring into my soup again?"

"Just checking on my favorite pilot. Anything you need?" Heero thought for a moment.

"Yeah…Can you send me my horse and roo?"

"Both?" Un e wasn't sure why he needed both, but if he wanted them, he'd get them.

"Yeah, both."

"Ok they'll be in with the next shipment."

"Which is..?"

"End of the week." Heero smiled.

"Ok. Dragon out."

"Une out." He hung up and resumed his meal.

* * *

Quatre slowly walked to the door. It was eight A.M. and the doorbell was ringing. 'Who in the name of all Allah would come here at this hour. How would they know how to get here ANYWAY? We're in the middle of the desert for shit's sake.' He had to answer it because no one else was in sight. 'This had better be good or the person on the other side of this door is going to die a horrible, horrible death.' He swung the door open to meet face to face with a young man in combat fatigues. 'Is this some kind of a joke?'

"Yes?" the sleepy blonde asked.

"Delivery for Mr.…. H. Yui." The boy replied.

"Took you damn long enough," Heero replied from behind Quatre. He grabbed the clipboard and signed it. The boy saluted and left. Heero stuck his head out the door and smiled at the two LARGE boxes sitting in front of the house. He promptly ran back into the house, leaving a rather confused Quatre at the door. By the time Heero returned, crowbar in hand, everyone had gathered out front to find out what was in the boxes. Heero mounted the first box and started to rip off boards from the top. One by one the boards fell, revealing the precious cargo: a black Porsche Boxter S. He moved to the other box and repeated the procedure. In the other, sat a blue Subaru WRX. He set the crowbar on top of the WRX and pulled out his keys. He sat in the Boxter and fired the engine. After a few tries, a string of cursing, and a horde of revving, the car was running. He shut off the engine and turned to the kids.

"Your objective," he said. "Is to steal THIS car and get off the compound, unnoticed."

"Sounds easy," Solo said.

"It's far from it. The whole point of this operative is to learn not only how to steal a car, but to learn stealth in the process. The more stealthy you can be, the easier the mission will be. But I will warn you now, I know of everything that goes on in this house so it will be exceedingly difficult to get away with it. Good luck." Heero stepped away from the car and back into the house.

** *

One by one the children tried to get away.

Solo didn't even get the car started; the alarm gave him away. Eva got it started, but Heero chose that exact instant to walk into the garage. Triton got it out of the garage, but was met by Yui at the front door. Xi got half way down the driveway, but Heero was waiting next to one of the stone gargoyles. Vamir got to the gates the easiest, he took Heero's keys. But the blonde failed, he didn't realized Heero had a silent alarm attached to his beeper and was met by the man.

For fun, the adults tried their hand at Heero's challenge; they were about as successful as their young counterparts.

Duo stalled the car, Wufei was hit by Xi, Quatre couldn't drive a stick, and Trowa actually got away from the house, but promptly ran into Heero, literally, down the street. Heero stood assessing the damage done by the other pilots. He sighed, realizing how much work was required to fix his cars.

"You all need work," he mumbled, knitting his fingers in his hair in a vain attempt not to kill anyone.

"What did you think this was," Duo said. "Gone in Sixty Seconds?" Yui shot an angered glance at him and stalked off. "What did I say?"

* * *