Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Deadly Prussian ❯ The Rage of the Black Dragon ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Deadly Prussian

Lady Mars

Part VIII: The Rage of the Black Dragon

Disclaimer: I don't own GW or Invincible.

* * *

Heero stood looking at the desert scene before him. The kids had gone out with Quatre and Trowa on a training mission; it had been four hours and they still hadn't returned. He hadn't agreed to happily on this training mission; he knew that they were never alone and something could go wrong, but Quatre insisted that is was safe. 'I wonder where they are,' Heero thought. 'It shouldn't take them this long to pull off a training mission.' He sighed and re-entered his room; there was nothing happening upon the desert sands. This sign was a bit unnerving to him. During any battle there should be some sand kicked up, but he hadn't seen any during the whole time that they had been gone. He settled onto his bed, the conversation of Duo and Hilde wafting to his ears.

"Is he serious?" Hilde asked.

"Yes," Duo replied, very deadpan. "They got all of them." Heero sat up at this statement; this wasn't something the Wing pilot had wanted to hear, ever again.

"Has anyone told Heero yet?"

"No. I was waiting for Q. I think he'll take it better with more than one of us around."

"Are you sure?"

"Not entirely, I'm just hoping." Heero didn't move at the sound of approaching footsteps. He knew what was coming, but his head kept denying the truth. Quatre, Trowa, and Duo appeared at his door.

"Heero," Quatre started. Heero reached over and turned his stereo down. "Heero, we have a problem." Heero looked at him suspiciously. He had a hunch, but wasn't willing to play on it. "It's about the kids." Quatre swallowed the lump growing in his throat. "There was a problem with today's mission. They all got captured." Heero's head shot up. "There was nothing Trowa or I could do about it. They moved in far to fast. They got the kids, but not the Gundams." Heero's hands clenched the comforter below him.

This bloody road remains a mystery

This sudden darkness fills the air

What are we waiting for?

Won't anybody help us?

What are we waiting for?

We can't afford to be innocent

Stand up and face the enemy

It's a do or die situation

We will be invincible

His head was racing; this was the last straw. He had been pushed to far for the last time. He picked up the remote to his TV and flung it at his mirror, shattering the reflective surface. The other members of the household dashed up the stairs at the offending noise. By that time Heero had destroyed half of the contents of his room.

This shattered dream you cannot justify

We're gonna scream until we're satisfied

What are we running for?

We've got the right to be angry

What are we running for?

When there's no where we can run to anymore

We can't afford to be innocent

Stand up and face the enemy

It's a do or die situation

We will be invincible

And with the power of conviction

There is no sacrifice

It's a do or die situation

We will be invincible

Nothing was immune from the wrath of the angry Wing pilot. The others stood around the door as Heero continued to annihilate anything in his way. Duo ducked as a vase flew in the direction of the door. It missed the door completely and shattered on the coffee table below. Heero stopped momentarily to scan the area. The only thing left standing was the stereo. He stared at the offending machine and his ears picked up the first thing he had heard for a few minutes: Invincible.

Won't anybody help us?

What are we running for?

When there's no where, no where we can run to anymore

We can't afford to be innocent

Stand up and face the enemy

It's a do or die situation

We will be invincible

And with the power of conviction

There is no sacrifice

It's a do or die situation

We will be invincible

He turned his gaze to the other pilots, who stared, frightened, back at him. The Wing pilot still showed signs of rage and none of them really had the desire to be on the receiving end of that rage.

"Come with me if you want your kids back," He muttered. He wedged his way out of the room and down the stairs. The others turned to see his form retreating into the hanger.

* * *

The others turned their sights when the door slammed shut. A very angered, and thoroughly armed, Heero stood before them.

"What do you want?" he hissed.

"Transmission," Trowa replied. Heero sat in front of the screen and hit the transmit button. On the screen appeared a well-built, very tan, Hispanic woman.

"Well, well, well," she said, her heavy accent laying the final touch on the Spaniard. "It is good to see you once again, Master Yui." He fire sparked once again in Heero's eyes.

"I can't say the same, Madame Hernandez," Heero replied, the animosity dripping from his voice.

"Of course, you never did appreciate me. But this isn't about me; it's about you. I have something you want and you have something I want." Heero snorted.

"Forget it Sophia. I told you before, I'm not going to tell you." The Spaniard glared at the man.

"I realize that, that's why I had my men take your kids. I know you won't let them get harmed." Heero sighed. He knew what she wanted, but he wasn't willing to tell anyone.

"What do you want for them?"

"You, of course." Heero snorted. The last thing he would do was turn himself willingly over to her; she was shifty and he knew it.

"Never." The others blanched.

"Ok then, I'll make it simple. You have two days to decide, if you don't turn yourself over in that time, I and my crew, the Red Wolf Pack, shall do away with your precious children."

"Is that the best you can do?"

"I can do worse, trust me." She leaned close to the screen. "Two days; no more, no less. Until then, Mr. Yui." The screen went dark. Heero turned back to the other pilots.

"Looks like we have a rescue mission on our hands."

* * *