Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Deadly Prussian ❯ The Dragon’s Strike ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Deadly Prussian

Lady Mars

Part IX: The Dragon's Strike

Disclaimer: I don't own GW.

Heero: She's just trying to kill Zechs Kittie.

* * *

Heero fingered the trigger of his Uzi 9mm, his eyes focusing on the guards in front of him. The five pilots had made it into the compound, from the ground floor, unnoticed. They were now standing on the fifty first floor; the holding cell floor. They had been dancing around corners, in and out of rooms, and down hallways in an attempt to keep from getting noticed by anyone.

"Why would they put a holding cell floor this high up?" Duo whispered to Quatre.

"To prevent people from jumping," the blonde replied. Duo's mind reeled.

"And how are WE getting out?"

"Hopefully, the way we came." Duo gulped at the thought of the other way out.

"Can I go back down and wait for you all?"

"Not on your life, Maxwell," Wufei replied. "It's too dangerous." Duo had known that going back the way they came would be hard, even more so that they would have the kids with them the second time around, but the alternative wasn't looking so good. Heero had now snuck up behind the guard and knocked him out. He waved for the others, not realizing what was going on at the other end of the hall. Down at the other end, a group of guards had congregated to discuss why the systems had been slowly been shutting down form floor to floor.

"HEY!" another guard shouted. Heero's eyes widened. The others had seen what was coming and took off running before Heero could tell them to do so.

"FUCK!" the Wing pilot shouted. He started firing off rounds, creating a quick solution as the others rounded the corner. His efforts were in vain though; around another corner came a herd of guards. Heero had no choice but to take off after the others. He ran as fast as he could for the gunfire had increased. He skidded to a stop to round a corner, giving the guards a non-moving target to shoot at. The nailed him directly in the shoulder. Heero cringed as the bullet tore through his flesh, shattered a bone, and exited in a larger wound. He skidded down the hall, leaving a blood trail in his wake. He would have continued down the hall had Wufei not grabbed his arm and pulled him up to a cell door. "We're fucked. There are hundreds of guards on us now…"

"And you're slowly bleeding to death, too," Wufei replied. Heero nodded. "But we found the kids." He pointed to the door. "But…we can get in, the door's jammed." Heero snorted and moved Wufei out of the way. He wedged his shoulder in the small gap and began to open the door. He stepped into the dark cell, letting the others enter. He closed the door behind them.

"Well there goes going out the way we came in," Quatre said.
"You do realize they have us right where they want us now?" Eva asked.

"No, they don't," Heero replied. He hit a small button on a control and the back wall of the cell exploded. Eva walked over and looked down.

"OH NO!!! THERE IS NO WAY I'M JUMPING!" Heero dropped a rope out of the hole and tied it to one of the pipes in the cell.

"A Gundam Pilot always comes prepared." Eva sighed. Heero turned to the others. "Take it slow, we don't need anybody to fall all of that way. They nodded. One by one, the pilots slowly made their way down the rope. Trowa was the next in line.
"Are you sure you don't want to go next?"

"Yes, I'm the one with the gun, remember?" Trowa nodded and slowly started down. Heero took one last look at the door as he prepared to start down himself. The door slammed open and a guard burst through. He shot the rope from its perch and then turned back to Heero. Through the door stepped Sophia Hernandez.

"Well, well, well," she said, smirking. "Look who I have here; exactly who I wanted to see." Heero moved closer to the edge. "There is nowhere you can run now Yui."

"Like hell there isn't," he spat back; he stepped onto the ledge. "You underestimated me Sophia, which in the end will be your biggest mistake. See you in hell, bitch." He launched himself out of the opening and into the open air. Sophia dashed of the hole to see the Wing Pilot seemingly falling to his doom.

"Damn that man."

* * *

The other pilots stood, on the ground, in shock as Heero started to fall.

"There is no way he'll walk away from this one," Duo mumbled. Eva stood, her eyes never leaving he father, deathly afraid. "If he does, I'll give up talking for a week." Heero was now nearing the ground. Eva and the other children adverted their eyes to prevent seeing the gory sight. Heero slid into the sand and rolled down the gentle hill next to the compound. He slowly arose and started to dust himself off.

"You're wrong to think a fall like that could kill me, Sophia." The older pilots stood, amazed, that he had survived. Eva sighed in relief; he father was safe.

* * *

Eva sat on her father's bed, listening to the CD player blaring inside the bathroom. She was holding a picture of her and her father from the year before; the pair seemed so happy, so carefree. She sighed, placing the frame back on the bedside table.

"You want to go back?" Heero asked. Eva looked up. Her father was leaning against the doorframe, his left shoulder and right thigh covered in gauze.

"No," she replied. "Not really."

"Why not?" he asked, sitting next to her.
"I'd miss out on all of the fun, I'd miss all the discoveries I'm making, and I'd miss you." She wrapped he arms around his chest. Heero smiled.
"I knew you'd say that." He ruffled her hair. "What do say to you and me spending a day like that together when this whole fiasco is over?" Eva smiled.

"I'd enjoy that, Dad."

* * *