Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Deadly Prussian ❯ The New Team Is Formed ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Deadly Prussian

By: Lady Mars

Part III: The New Team Is Formed

Disclaimer: I don't own Gundam Wing. Never have, never will. Deal with it.

* * *

The old and new Gundam pilots filed into the luxurious living room in the Winner estate in Arabia. Trowa, Triton, Duo, and Wufei sat in the chairs, with Heero, Eva, Solo, Xi, and Vamir all sitting on the couch. The sat eyeballing each other, waiting for somebody to instigate a conversation.

"Ok," Solo said. "What exactly makes Yui dangerous?" The adults all groaned simultaneously. Quatre had chosen that exact moment to enter the room. The blonde stared at the group quietly, rather confused.

"What was the general groan of disdain about?" he asked, walking over to Trowa and sitting on his lap. (MUSE INTUSION-Reni: Yes, they are married. Don't ask me how they had kids; I'll leave that one up to your imagination because we don't want to explain. Thanks)

"Solo," Trowa said. "Wants to know what makes Yui… Well…Yui." Quatre hit himself on the forehead. This wasn't the exact conversation that he wanted to be having at the moment.

"He just is that way," Quatre said to Solo. The teen stared back at the blonde, agitated.

"But that's not legitimate!" Solo shouted. He wasn't going to take anything short of the actual answer for an answer.

"Yes it is," Sally said, walking in and taking the chair next to her husband. "You just can't describe him any other way."

"But…. But…"

"Face it sweetheart," Hilde said, setting her hands on her son's shoulders. "Give up now, it's not worth wasting your time over it." Vamir arose from his spot to let Hilde sit down.

"But… But…"

"Look," Heero finally said. "I'm a dangerous person to mess with because I will dispose of you without even pondering the consequences." Solo gave him a confused look. Heero sighed; he was used to working with people who understood his talking. "Ok…In English I said, 'YOU fuck with ME: I will BLOW YOUR HEAD OFF.'" Solo nodded his understanding. The man seemed much more dangerous than anyone had made him out to be.

After a few minutes of silence, Vamir said, "Why exactly were we called together?" The elder pilots exchanged glances and Heero stood up and walked over to Trowa.

"You want to tell them or shall I?" he questioned.

"You tell them," Trowa replied. "You know more than I do." Heero looked around the room. "What's the hold up?"

"I'll start when Vamir sits down, Solo and Xi stop arguing, and Triton wakes up." Heero replied. Vamir went around the back of the couch and sat next to Eva, Solo and Xi looked at him attentively, and Triton looked up at him sleepily. "Ok. It started about five years after the Marimeia incident, when you were one or two. I was working as a mercenary assassin under the Preventer unit working out of L1. Yes Wufei, a merc assassin." Heero had read the question off of Wufei's face. "I was known as the 'Black Dragon', hence the tattoo. It wasn't a pretty job, nobody else wanted it and it kept my mind KIND of occupied."

"Kind of…you were in a building full of," Eva started. Heero shot her a look that caused the girl to silence.

"Lady Une had been monitoring this group who had been collecting Gundanium alloy for months. It turns out that they were building an endless supply of mobile dolls. It wouldn't have been that bad, but it seemed that these people were also an underground terrorist group that was growing innumerably by the day. She had called me into take the mission and I became one of the elite group who, for two months, rummaged around the colonies, gathering information." Heero looked up at his audience. The adults were listening intently, but the children were not. Solo and Xi were making semi-silent cracks at his story, Eva was staring at the ceiling because she had heard this story on too many times, Triton was asleep again, and Vamir could neither keep his eyes on the speaker, nor the speaker's daughter. Heero raised his gun and aimed at the wall behind the couch. All of the adults instinctively plugged their ears. He shot directly between Eva and Solo. All of the kids attentions were drew back to him. "Next time if you don't pay attention," he said, re-holstering his gun. "I'll shoot at each one for you individually." No one made any move to argue with him. "For the last ten years, we monitored them. Five years after the original appearance, they had become a rebel group. They were no longer a small danger, but an increasingly larger one. Une knew that action needed to be taken, so she did the one thing she could think of, she gave the word to reconstruct the Gundams. At that time, I sent models for each of our custom Gundams to Trowa. I knew he had connections to Quatre and could get them completed. I took on the assignment of building our Gundams." Heero froze momentarily. He'd slipped, but no one had noticed. He stood quietly for a moment, mostly to regain his train of thought, but also to repress his feelings again." As time passed, they made no advancement. It seemed as if they had dropped off the face of the universe. As of last year, they became active once again. This wasn't very encouraging. I was on missions, on and off, for months on end. Nothing seemed to deter them; they were endless and ruthless killers. Nothing would stop them from achieving their goal; a goal that we had no idea what it was or what it was based on. One mission I had revealed their ideals: they wanted to take over the Earth. I reported to Une immediately. She pulled me out that night. When I entered the HQ the next day, the situation had worsened. I knew time was growing short, so I sent orders for the original Gundams to be re-created for all of you. Eva had left three weeks before now and when she left the situation had grown critical: they were preparing for deployment. I stayed behind and arrived here late. We have been called together to stop this situation from hitting critical mass: the actual invasion of Earth. We are here to stop that and try to prevent another war from breaking out. Understand now?" The others nodded. " Training starts tomorrow." He rubbed his eye absentmindedly. "Until then, I shall be in my room." He walked off, without another word. Quatre looked at Trowa.

"Did it look like he was crying to you?"

* * *