Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Devil's Due ❯ - 07 - ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

— 07 —

October 17, A.C. 204. Base. 9am

"Hello, Lieutenant General Chang."

Wufei turned to look at the young man who'd spoken to him. The kid was standing properly at attention with a salute. He grinned. "Chang is faster, I don't need any prefixes."

The guy grinned at him.

"Hello," Wufei added, offering his hand.

"I'm Trent Brown," the guy explained. "I'm..."

"Oh, one of Maxwell's new recruits, right?" Wufei grinned at him. "Nice to meet you."

The guy gave him an interested look.

"Maxwell was telling us how he's getting another group of ten," Wufei shrugged. "He's gonna have a fine time balancing work and the Rest now...I have to go, I'm heading for the M building," he noted happily, starting past the guy, then hesitated. "How do you know me?"

"Simple observation?" Trent offered, smiling sweetly at him.

Wufei gave him a look, grinned, then headed for his car again. He was really hoping his hung-over brethren would be alive come ten, because he was getting damn hungry and wanted to eat. He didn't need them to eat, sure, but...

He slid happily into his car, noting that the boy was heading into the main building.

Why was he running around on a Sunday?

Wufei shook his head and started to back out.

It didn't really matter.

- -

October 17, A.C. 204. Base. 10am

Jordan gestured for Xane to follow him into the hall that led to Dr. Morris' office.

"So, Mr. Maxwell," Morris muttered, sliding into his seat. "What can I do for you?"

"Hello, Dr. Morris," Jordan returned, closing the door and indicating his second. "This is Featihl, my second."

Morris considered Xane a moment, then nodded at him respectfully.

"He bleached it," Jor added, tugging at the length of the guy's hair.

"Yes, I see that," Morris noted, grinning slightly at the guy before looking back to Xane.

Jordan dropped unceremoniously into a chair across from the man. "He needs Remalene."

"He doesn't look injured."

"It'll grow his hair out faster," Jor noted conversationally. "I need his hair before the month is out."

"I'm sure he won't mind letting you cut it," Morris noted in amusement.

Jordan gave him a look.

Morris sniggered, looking back to the soldier again.

"Can you help me or do I have to get offensive and offer you cash?"

"Cash is nice," the man noted, sitting up slightly. He smirked at the other, then rolled his eyes. "You want me to give your boy Remalene to grow his hair out? Despite the fact that it's a highly controlled substance?"

"Yes," Jordan agreed, shrugging slightly.

"Why?" the man asked bluntly, leaning against his elbows some.

"Because I need his hair color changed before the month is up?" Jordan asked, giving him a look. "No offense intended, but the fine details are classified. Any more dye and it'll be completely fried and I need this as natural as possible."

"Under what authority?" the man asked levelly.

Jordan raised his eyebrows at that, then sat up so the three stars pinned to his shirt-pocket were evident.

Morris looked somewhat apprehensive at that, noticing the rank-marks himself.

"So, can we do this or not?" Jordan added pointedly. "I don't know the finer laws of controlled drugs. I don't have to hurt him, do I?"

Morris gave him a look, then looked to Xane sidelong to see his reaction.

Xane was watching the man wordlessly.

"I need a good enough reason to write down," Morris noted, dropping his eyes as he started digging through a large pile of papers on his desk.

"My behest?" Jordan asked curiously, thinking about it. "Case SPC 221."

"SPC?" the man asked, focusing on him intently. "Special?"

"I told you it was obvious," Xane noted to Jordan.

Jordan gave him a look. "I didn't make up the abbreviation, don't prod at me."

"You have special cases?" Morris asked blankly.

"You are a special case," Xane noted quietly, rubbing at his mouth as he said it.

Jordan smacked him.

Morris flicked him a grin.

"Can we do this or not?" Jordan added pointedly to his doctor.

"Yes, Sir," the man returned, smiling more at him and tossing a sheet of paper at him. "That's for him...I'll have one for you in a second, then we can schedule his intensive."

"Great," Jordan returned, passing that paper to the guy.

"You get to sign off on all sorts of paperwork, you realize that don't you?" Morris beamed at him a bit as he offered him a considerably thicker packet of papers.

"Wonderful," Jordan sighed, taking that and studying it.

"I'll leave the two of you to fill that out and be back in...twenty minutes," he smiled beatifically at Jordan again...then left the office.

"I like him," Xane noted brightly to Jor.

Jordan gave him a very level look. "Ha. Ha. Ha."

- -

October 17, A.C. 204. Base. 11am

"What is intensive?" Xane muttered to Chance as they sat around the table at the canteen.

"Where the doctor does unspeakable things to your body while you're blindfolded," Chance explained easily, flashing his friend an innocent grin.

Xane gave him a look.

"What? It's fun." He started laughing naughtily at his own joke as Wufei looked to them curiously.

"She almost puked," Jor noted, still considering his story. Their drive home from Sins had been entertaining. The drive should have taken maybe a half hour, and they hadn't gotten home for a bit more than. "I told her to gag herself and she started crying."

Wufei guffawed, looking back to him.

"I'm serious," Xane added quietly, studying the rest of the group as he spoke.

Trowa was severely withdrawn, but didn't have too many signs of a hangover. He had the fingertips of his left hand propping up his head as he twirled a coin around on the table in front of him. Quatre was relaxing against the man and watching Jordan talk. It didn't look like he was listening, and the better three-quarters of the breakfast he'd ordered was still sitting in front of him. Wufei himself was at the end of the booth, perfectly awake and happy since he hadn't gone out.

Though he couldn't see him, Jordan was across from the Chinese man, and Chance was somehow managing to incorporate his swagger and cockiness into his sitting position. Since Xane had started talking to him, more of his body was facing the younger male, but before he'd been somewhat sprawled across his space.

"Why?" Chance asked, giving him an entirely blank look. "What could even possibly be so interesting about it?"

"Jordan talked to Morris before we came here," Xane explained. "I have intensive in about an hour."

Chance blinked at that, then grinned extremely wickedly at him.

"Stop that," Xane protested, smacking his leg.

"Oh, that's right," Chance muttered, leaning into Xane's personal space. "What my friends see as obnoxiousness appeals, huh?"

Trowa raised an eyebrow, looking between them.

"Jor," Xane called.

"Stop that," Jordan reprimanded, smacking the Japanese male hard in the leg.

"Ouch, shit..." Chance almost giggled as he turned to return the blow...which led in about two seconds to the pair falling out of the booth laughing.

"You two," Wufei grumbled, rolling his eyes and moving his leg.

Quatre sniggered lightly, looking back to Xane. "It's not bad...no need for anxiousness. They take a needle-full or two of your blood, swab your mouth...and take your hair. The term refers to the testing they do to the blood, not the body."

"Oh," Xane let out a slightly relieved breath, frowning a little more. "And then?"

"And they tell you what you've got," Trowa shrugged. "They tell you what drugs you've done...they could probably tell the first time you fucked if they really wanted to."

"Trowa," Quatre reprimanded, elbowing him.

Trowa laughed a bit at that, then moved his arm around to drape it around his friend.

"But they don't tell you the funnest part," Chance noted, sliding back in and up against the male again. "They don't tell you what they do with the really big needle," he measured a foot or so in front of them.

Xane did not believe that, and made sure to express it with a look.

"Keep your kinks out of the doctor's office," Jor suggested, sitting himself.

Chance started laughing, then made a disturbed and disgusted face, smacking the other.

Jor laughed, then leaned forward to look at his second. "It's only this big," he measured six inches or so with the fingers of one hand, then grinned wickedly.

"You're mean," Quatre informed the males pointedly.

"He's a big boy, he can take it, I mean...shit...James," Chance shrugged a bit expansively as Jordan started laughing wickedly.

"Hey!" Xane half-squawked in protest...and shoved the guy toward the end of the bench, using the wall and his legs to be sure he went over. Jordan was laughing too hard to protest, but he did regain his feet. Chance, however, toppled backwards out of the seat, trying vainly to grasp at something...

Wufei, Quatre, and Trowa started laughing at that.

"Isn't it a little early in the morning?" Chai asked, stopping a few feet away to look at the males.

"Chai!" Chance exclaimed excitedly, bouncing up like he'd kiss her–she avoided that, far too used to his obnoxious hyperactivity to take it as offensive. "I love your eyes," he noted, studying them with his own sparkling ones. "They remind me of this guy I used to worship...my sun..."

"Moon," Jordan corrected easily.

Chance turned to smile at him honestly, then sniggered and looked to see if Xane had recomposed himself, or if he'd have to change places with Jor.

"Hey," Tro muttered to Xane.

Xane looked at him.

"They poke and prod at you a bit, get an x-ray of your chest and a quick ultra-sound of your belly...it'll make you damn tired when you start taking the drug so you'll need to stay around home, but it's not really that big a deal."

Quatre watched him process the information with interest.

"I heard people talking about it before," Xane noted, looking between the pair. "A guy saying it hurt like hell and that he'd sooner keep the wound than repeat it...another one saying that he puked from anxiety...that kind of thing."

"Well, you sit there waiting while they run the tests," Quatre noted. "Then the doctor comes in and talks with you about drug usage, if it's shown up at all...actually, I had it once and the guy told me I needed to eat more fruit."

Xane grinned at that, then sighed and leaned against Jordan as the male slid up beside him.

"First time is never so good, huh?" Jor offered. "First time is awkward and messy."

Xane started laughing weakly, raising his eyes to look properly at the man.

Jor grinned. "Second time's amazing and the third time's addicting."

"Or something," Quatre rolled his eyes.

Jordan laughed happily.

"You feeling okay?" Chai asked him, looking him over with interest.

"Not nearly so hung-over as you or Cat seem to be," he noted.

"Don't call me that," Quatre protested.

"Which what?" Xane asked, focusing on him curiously.

He got a level look for it.

Xane grinned, looking back to Chai.

She smiled in return, then scooted in as close to her husband as she could...before Chance shoved them all so Xane was actually pressed against the wall–it gave him almost enough room to sit down again.

The waitress moved to the table, then hesitated at the end to look the four adults over. "I can bring a chair, if you want..."

"Oh no, this is perfectly comfortable," Chance reassured her, shoving against Chai so the girl squawked and Xane groaned. "We're fine."

Wufei grinned happily up at the woman. "You can get me some more coffee, though."

She grinned at them, then filled his cup.