Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Devil's Secrets ❯ Running ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer Haiku:
I don't own Gundam
Can I buy it from you please
OK! Don't sue me...
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Dedicated to Katie, for giving me the strength to carry on writing this
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
I want to kill you. All of you. Don't try. It doesn't help, I'll only retalliate. Quatre, my brother. How ironic that I find I have some real family only to be left behind again. Pushed back into my weak, slow, progress. I must rebel, I must not let you win. Quatre, fear is pushing me, surrounded by a world in slow motion. My dreams are whirling around my head: independance, strength, freedom, Vayta. I've lost everything.
-

Kaita is paralyzes. As she stretches her hearing across the distance between her foe and herself the scar on her cheek, the semi-invisable scar, cuts itself afresh. Soon deep crimson blood flows freely down the side of her face, she cringes a little but is undetered from her objective. She listens to the conversation between the two.


*************
WuFei is walking to the dojo when he comes across Trowa. As they meet on the bustling, but uncrowded, street the two boys stop parallel to each other.
'She's mine.' says Trowa, glancing sidewards to his contender.
WuFei ignores the usually silent boy for a while, then answers, 'She /was/.'

The strange meeting then ends and each boy, regarding the other suspiciously, turns and walks in their original direction. Trowa heads for the laboratories where new experiments are becoming the centre of attention and WuFei heads to the dojo to test his strength.
*************


Soli moves over to Kaita as gently as she can to deter any sudden action, and follows her friend's gaze towards the now distant figures. Accustomed to the silence, Soli is shocked by a rare bout of speech from her companion,
'Soli, they're crazy about you. They're contending over you... Soli?'
'Yes,'
'Let's go to the weaponary centre, Duo and Heero will be there.'

Soli stands up, she is wearing Talsinian clothes. The typical costume, flowing, dark material highlighted with ribbons. Vean wears a long, diamond-shaped top with tight sleeves which end in a neat cut below the elbow. The top is matched with loose trousers cut of below the knee and flat shoes. The entire outfit is a dark brown to match Soli's black hair, razor cut to her chin with the top layer pulled back into a pony-tail. Cinnamon red ribbons tie around her waist and her hair. She has eyes the colour of dried blood, filled with the fire of compassion, grace and pride.

Kaita wears a roughly similar outfit, dark red with vibrant orange ribbons, she doesn't like attention but she'll wear what she feels inside. Soli doesn't need attention, but she gets a fair amount. Soli's enough to make another girl mad with jealousy, but the friendship is untarnished because Kaita's far past insanity. In twin-like unison they walk to the edge of the roof and jump off, landing gently on the street below. It's commonplace on the campus of Talsin's foremost military training centre, where students are encouraged to jump from tall buildings.

Obviously, the gundam pilots were given places at the MTCT quickly, Kaita has taken 5 exams because women are still considered the, although smarter, weaker sex. Luckily nothing can stop a competing Kaita Laima, or Risan, if she hadn't changed her name. She decided to take training with Soli, they are Talsin-born, the kind of girls who are dramatically into war.

There is, however, another fight. Seven months have passed and WuFei has not said a word to Kaita, nor she to him. There is a stalemate between the two enemies, true enemies. Kaita hates him for his arrogance, his ignorance and his lack of empathy. WuFei hates her for her attitude, for her secrecy and because she killed his childhood role model. It's no wonder that they don't talk much.

It's never "fine", just a simple facade.

Kaita and Soli walk along another dusty road, the top levels of the city (where any annex of the great training grounds lies) are covered in dust and grit because of the 35 degree heat. The planet is closer to its star than Earth is too the sun. It reminds Kaita of the place where she grew up. She, and all Talsinians, can deal with heat. Outsiders have their problems, they stand out with their lightly coloured clothes. Darkness is almost a national symbol in Talsin.

Soli opens a door that simply blends into its surrounding walls and is easy to ignore because all the run down buildings look the same. Inside is the weapon store and inventary, Soli is always eager to visit because Duo spends most of his time inside the spacious building. Kaita follows close behind her smitten friend, she knows Soli has more than a passing interest in the braided wonder. Kaita's reasons for visiting the armory regularily are the knives and guns it conceals. They awaken a deep fascination inside her. It all comes back to being born on a planet where the culture is purely to fight, and to fight and kill.

Inside the cool, dark building Duo is nowhere to be found, instead Heero stands by a table inspecting a large complicated gun. It hasn't been painted, so the natural colours of the metals, a mixture of different greys and shots of silver show, making it look like a washing machine turned into an expert weapon.
'Remarkable.' Heero murmurs, he ignoring the two extra visitors that add to a throng of workers.
'Where's Duo?' asks Vean
'Showing of some new experiment,' he sighs. His attention is then taken by a curious Kaita, 'What are you doing?'
Kaita has walked over to the table and is closely inspecting the weapon. On one side is a mark, a leaf green emerald emblem. 'What the /hell/ is this doing here?' she says, her voice as cold as ice
'Know your enemy.' Heero explains. He makes Kaita pause, she hates the Tun for all they're worth-and more.
Soli takes up conversation with Yuy as Kaita drifts into her own world. She blocks out most of the talk but listens inadvertantly to a little.
'So they've developed a gun that is fast enough to hit a Chine warrior? I hate to say it, but I'm impressed.'
'We'd have done it if we needed to kill ourselves'

-
Heero thinks of himself as one of us now. He's forgotten his origins completely. It's sickening...
-

She looks inadvertantly out of the window, into the arena. Who would have thought that Quatre would take part in fights to the death, he's changed so much since arriving on Talsin, he's another one that's forgotten his roots. She walks out of the lofty death designing-space to see what's going on in the death bringing-space. It's nice to see the poor mortals before they are sent to their doom. Laima enters without hesitation and sees WuFei, and Quatre, in a ring, about to fight..

Kaita's sea blue eyes freeze over as she glares at the young Chinese man, 'You plan on forbidding me the pleasure of killing you myself?'
'Don't be so childish, I have no interest in fighting a Th level'
'Fine. Your death would be no use to me. Not now. I don't even hate you any more. I am erased for you as you are erased for me.'
A shadow appears behind her, as if her hatred has condensed into it's own form. Even her voice has changed, matured slightly, her head is proud, her chin raised. She turns with her shoulder, and glances back for her final threat, 'Watch what you eat, Shin.'
The dojo is left in silence, with the unbelieving look of WuFei at both being ordered and dubbed after his dead brother.
Quatre is the only one to speak over the shock, 'That shadow had eyes...' he mutters