Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Different ❯ Trust ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Different

Chapter III: Trust

Quatre and the cop went in the police car.

"By the way, my name is Duo Maxwell." The cop introduced himself as soon as both of them sat in the car. "What's your name and address?"

"Quatre Raberba Winner. Winner's Manor." Quatre answered in a tired tone. After all I've been through today, why shouldn't I be tired?

"WHAT?!?!?!? As in the son of Quatro Winner?!?!" Duo asked in a shocking manner.

Quatre, obviously, was shock at Duo's reaction. "Yes, that's me."

"But…how can that be?" Duo asked with a confuse look.

"I take art lessons here in Resa Highschool. My driver hasn't fetched me yet. I've been waiting for an hour already." Quatre explained.

"That's because your driver have been kidnapped."

"WHAT?!?!?!?" Now, it was Quatre's turn to be shock.

"The police station received a call from your father stating that you and your driver have been kidnapped before I left the station." Duo explained. "But if you are here, then who has been kidnapped?"

*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#

Meanwhile at the kidnapper's place…

"IDIOTS!!!!" An angry female with glasses exclaimed. "The bloodline of Winners have BLONDE hair not BLACK!!! Haven't you idiots thought about that before kidnapping the wrong guy?!?!?!?"

"Uh…we didn't know about that blonde hair thingy." A guy, who is bald and have large muscles but still looks dumb, said with an uncertain tone.

"BRAINLESS JERKS!!! Can't you think or at least observe?!?!?!?"

"Calm down, Lady. It's not good for someone how has high blood pressure to be mad." A male, who has a neat hair do with some bangs escaped, said in a calm voice.

"NO!!!! I am not done yet." The female said and continued to yell. "And why did you kidnap the driver? Didn't I tell you NOT to kidnap the driver?!?!?!?"

"We're so sorry, Lady and General." Three muscular men including the bald one said at the same time.

Their voices can be heard at the basement, where the hostages were kept. Both hostages were blind folded, have their feet tied and hands handcuffed at the back. A large masking/ scotch tape was placed on their mouths. The only difference is that the driver was unconscious while the wrong guy they kidnapped was conscious. He heard their conversation upstairs.

Lady and General? Whoever they are behind this kidnapping seems to have a high rank in the government. But I still can't believe that they hired dumb people to kidnap us. They should be smart enough to choose people or their plans would fail just like now. They kidnapped the wrong person who is me instead of my bestfriend but at the same time I am glad that it is me because at least I kept him from harm. Quatre's bestfriend, Wufei, thought. Anyway, Wufei continued to listen to their conversation.

"Sorry won't do anything." The female said. She still sounded very angry.

"Sorry." The three men said again.

"Stop apologizing. It's annoying."

"Sor-"

"Say it again and I won't give you your salaries."

The three men immediately shut up.

The female sighed. "What are we going to do to the driver and wrong guy, general?"

"We'll return them." The general answered. "Bring the hostages to the car. I'll take them back myself to make sure there will be no more mistakes committed." His voice sounded a bit loud for the few last words.

The three men took the hint and went down to get the hostages. Wufei felt himself be dragged all the way until they reached the ground floor. He can't help but hissed in pain or say ouch or watch it from time to time.

"He's conscious." A male with brown spiky hair said.

"Of course he is. Who wouldn't be conscious if a person drags someone all up the way to the stairs?" The female sounded irritated.

"But he…" The other male with long light brown hair tried to explain.

"I don't want to hear any of your excuses just bring them to the car right away." The female shouted.

"Yes, my lady." The three immediately went out of the house and placed the hostages in the car.

"Brainless jerks." Lady mumbled when the three were out of sight. "Tell me again why we hired them?"

"Don't worry. They'll be useful." The general assured her and left the house as well.

In the car, the still unconscious driver was placed at the back seat while Wufei was placed beside the driver's seat. Before the general went in the car, he took a look at Wufei and asked the three men. "Why is his body tied at the chair?"

The bald answered. "Because he moves quite a lot. We don't want to take the risk of him being able to get free and distract your driving or worse have a car accident."

If only Lady Une would able to hear his answer right now, she would think of them as useful somehow. The general thought and went in the car. "Thank you for your concern." And so, the car left.

Minutes later, Wufei still haven't stopped moving.

"Would you stop moving? People would get suspicious on why this car is jumpy." The general said.

Wufei stopped moving and answered but the general couldn't hear clearly with the masking tape covered at Wufei's mouth.

The general took off the masking tape. "Repeat what you said."

"I said you're right. You are going to set me free in a few minutes." Wufei said.

So he is conscious before the men dragged him on the stairs. I should tell Lady Une to listen to those men next time. "So how much of the conversation have you heard?"

"Since a female voice shouted idiots."

The general immediately parked the car at the side of the road and stopped the engine. "So you've heard everything?" The general asked, half-shock.

"Oops…" Wufei answered. That was a stupid answer, Wufei. You shouldn't have told him the truth. Stupid, stupid,stupid…Wufei scolded himself.

"I guess there will be change of plans." The general concluded.

"Is not letting me free included?"

"Yes unless you won't tell anybody that the one behind the kidnapping is a general. But then again, I don't trust you. You could say you won't tell anyone now but you'll tell everyone later." The general said as he started untying the ropes on Wufei's body.

"What are you doing?" Wufei asked as he felt the ropes around his body loose.

The general didn't reply and continues to untie the ropes. After untying the ropes on Wufei's body, he started to untie the ropes on Wufei's feet. Then he unlocked the handcuff on Wufei's hands. Finally, he untied the handkerchief on Wufei's eyes. "Open your eyes." He said. Seconds passed by but Wufei still haven't opened his eyes. "Aren't you going to open your eyes?"

"I don't know why you're doing this but no, I won't open my eyes." Wufei replied. "I will be more of a threat if I open my eyes and the possibility of not letting me be free will increase."

"But your hands and feet are untied. You can open your eyes to look at me and then escape. Then you'll be able to report to the police and be a hero." The general suggested.

"If I escape successfully but I doubt that. As far as I know, you could be wearing a mask and the door could be locked." Wufei reasoned.

The general took Wufei's hand. He let paced Wufei's hand on his cheek. "I'm not wearing a mask." Then he placed Wufei's hand on the where the lock can be found. "And the door is unlock."

Wufei raised an eyebrow but still didn't open his eyes. "You are one strange kidnapper. I still won't open my eyes."

"You're so stubborn." The general observed and placed the blindfold again. He started to drive again.

"Aren't you going to tie those ropes on me again?" Wufei asked as he felt the car move again.

"I would have done that before driving if I will."

Both sat in silence since then. Wufei never made a move on escaping or removing his blindfold. Minutes later, the car stopped again. The general went out of the car and got the still unconscious driver at back seat. He placed the driver a few meters away from the car. Then he went back to the car to check out Wufei. He opened the door and saw Wufei not making any move except for breathing. He checked Wufei's blindfold to make sure that it was tied the way he tied it. It was also to make sure that Wufei haven't removed the blindfold while he was out of the car. He took Wufei's hand again and led him out of the car. They stopped walking when they reached near the driver's body.

"You gained my trust." The general told Wufei with smiled. Too bad Wufei still can't see it with the blindfold.

"Huh? How?" Wufei was curious.

"You didn't make any move to escape or open your eyes when I gave you a chance. That's how." The general said and placed a hand on Wufei's cheek. "I still haven't catch your name.

"What make you think I would tell my name to a kidnapper?"

"Oh, well. I could always give you a threat."

"Like what? I really don't feel threatened or insecure around you.

"Oh, really? Why were you so desperate to escape back then?"

"That was before I realized that you guys aren't that bad. Those three men tried to kidnap me with less harm and that female voice I heard said: Or I won't give you your salaries. She could have given a much bigger punishment or threat. Your voice also sounded very kind." Wufei honestly answered.

"You're so honest. Can I trust you not to take off the blindfold until you can't hear the sound of the car engine anymore?"

Wufei nodded. The general gave Wufei a quick kiss, which made Wufei stiffen in shock.

"I really like you. I hope we would meet again." The general said and left.

"We will meet again." Wufei said when he couldn't hear the sound of the car engine anymore. He took off the blindfold and looked at the empty road.

++++++++++++++++++

tbc...

Sorry for taking too long. I had to concentrate at my studies. I tried to finish it as soon as I can when my summer vacation started. Please review and tell me your thoughts.

To Yurako: Wufei will go to the art school. Just keep reading and thanks a lot.