Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Different ❯ Sharing Secrets ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Different

Chapter IV: Sharing Secrets

~~~~Wufei's POV~~~~

The driver's consciousness came back before we arrived in the mansion. I was able to convince him that everything was just a prank. It took me like forever to convince him but luckily, it took me no sweat to convince everyone when we arrived at the mansion.

"That was a bad prank, Wufei." Quatro, Quatre's father, said. "Don't ever do that again, understand?"

"Yes, sir." I made my voice sound guilty. I do feel a bit guilty for lying.

"And where's the car now?" The driver asked.

Oh, shit! I didn't think about that. "The car is currently at my friend's house. Safe and sound." I smiled. I hope they wouldn't notice my fake smile. Oh, man. What am I going to do about the car? It's with the kidnappers and I don't even know if it's safe.

"That's good. I want it to be returned tomorrow." Quatro said and left and so did the other servants.

Uh oh. I am sooo in trouble.

"Wufei, are you okay?" I heard Quatre asked. I thought he left together with the others.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I smiled again.

"Fine, huh? You were frowning a while ago." Quatre pointed out and my smile faltered. "You were lying, weren't you?"

I sighed and gave up. "Yeah." I looked around to make sure that there are no one else at the living room. "I lied about everything." I said when I was sure that there was no one else other than the two of us.

"Let's go and talk to in my room. We'll have more privacy in there." Quatre said as he gave me a little push at the back.

"Okay." I walked ahead.

When we arrived in his room, he locked the door. I raised an eyebrow. He only locks the door when we have to talk about something very important and very secret and doesn't want us to be interrupted but I don't think me lying about the prank and car is that big of a deal. Besides, it's already nighttime and everyone would be in bed by now.

"I have a secret to tell you as well." Quatre said as he saw my eyebrow raise. "But tell me about your lies first."

"Okay." I took a chair and brought it near his bed. Then a took a seat on it as Quatre took a seat on his bed. "It wasn't a prank at all. It was truly a kidnap and about the car…it's with the kidnappers."

Quatre's jaw dropped. "How can you talk so casual about it like it's an everyday thing?"

"Believe me I'm terrified …of your father."

Quatre fell off the bed. Then sat back again on his bed after a second. "My father? Don't you mean the kidnappers?" There's a sweat drop at the back of Quatre's head.

"Nah. The kidnappers were okay."

"OKAY?!"

"The three who kidnapped us were dumb and their leader was friendly. It's your father I'm really terrified. How angry could he get when he knows that the car is…well…let's just say destroyed?" I'm sure my face made another frown.

Quatre was silent. He looks like he's thinking but a minute later…"Oh, well. That's your problem. Deal with it."…I guess he didn't come up with any solution to solve this problem of mine.

"What a nice friend you are…" I mumbled.

"I heard that."

"Oops…now, it's your turn. What's your secret.?"

"Well…" Quatre fidget. He opens his closet and gets a torn shirt. "I was almost rape by a guard at school." He said as he showed the shirt to me, with blood.

It was my turn to let my jaw drop. "And how did you explain it to your father?"

"I lied and told him I got into a fight with one of the guards, who thought I was a thief." Quatre placed the shirt back in the closet.

"Didn't he wonder why the guard used a dagger for slashing instead of a gun?"

"No. Luckily, that question didn't pop up in his mind. It's late at night already. We should get some sleep." Quatre said as he changed into his pajamas. We've been best friends since kids so we are not ashame to change in front of the other.

"Yeah. Good night. I'm going home now."

"Home? Why don't you just stay overnight here?"

"I want to get far away from your father. I don't want him to ask more questions about the prank. Don't worry, we'll see each other tomorrow." I left Quatre's room before he could reply to me. He didn't even bother to tell me his reply. He must be really tired.

The next morning, I woke up because of the knock on my door. I rolled out of bed and opened the door. It was my foster father. I'm just adopted, you see. Anyways, he told me that there's a limousine at our garage. After hearing this, I immediately bolted down the stairs, not even bothering to listen what he else he has got to say.

Then I saw, there at our garage, Quatre's limousine. No scratches or bumps. It's definitely fine. Whew! I was beginning to think it's destroyed already but I also have to check it inside to make sure that it's fine. Luckily, the door was unlock. I saw the key on the driver's seat with a small piece of paper that read: I hope you had a good night rest despite what happened -GTK. I could feel a smile forming on my lips. I was going to place the paper in my pocket when I realized that I was still wearing pajamas that has no pockets.

~*~*~*~* Quatre's POV *~*~*~*~

I went to the dinning room to eat breakfast. I was surprise to find out that Wufei was there and he's having a conversation with my father too. To think that he wanted to get as far as possible from my father yesterday. I snorted.

"Good morning, father and Wufei." I made my presence known as I greeted them.

"Good morning, son." My father greeted me with a bright smile.

With that smile, I guess nothing bad happened. I thought as I sat on a chair across Wufei.

"Mornin'" Wufei greeted with a smile as well.

"As much as I would love to sit here and chat with you boys, I have work to do so I have to go. Please excuse me." My father looked briefly at his wristwatch and stood up to leave.

"Bye, Mr. Winner. Have a safe trip." Wufei said.

"Bye, dad. Take care." I said.

"I will." Then father left the dinning room.

"So…" I turned my attention towards Wufei. "I thought you wanted to get away from him as far as possible."

"Yeah but after knowing that the car is safe and back, there's nothing to fear anymore." Wufei replied after he took a sip of his coffee.

"Really? Does that mean you had another encounter with the kidnapper?" I asked, forgetting about breakfast.

"No. Father found the limousine at the garage and woke me up to inform me. I checked the car in and out and everthing is fine and..." Wufei trailed off.

"And what?" I asked eagerly.

~*~*~*~* Wufei's POV *~*~*~*~

I trailed off.

"And what?" Quatre asked eagerly.

"And you should eat breakfast." I finished the sentence. Actually, I was going to tell him about the note. But why should I bother telling him? It's just a note. Not important. Just a small detail. Right.

"You know, Wufei, I won't eat breakfast 'til you tell me what's in your mind." Quatre said as he glanced on his food.

"Huh?" I think I spaced out.

"Wufei, we've been bestfriends since childhood so I can really tell that there's something that you are not telling me." Quatre sighed.

"Remind me not to keep secrets from you." I rolled my eyes. "I just found a note inside the car. That's it."

"A note?" Quatre's voice a serious. "What did it say?"

"Nothing important." I took a sip from my coffee again. "That's why I didn't bother to tell you."

"If it's not so important, then why were you spacing out a while ago? You were thinking about it, weren't you?" Quatre is very serious now.

"Like I said, it's not important. You don't have to be so serious about it." I placed the cup back on the table. "I was spaced out, thinking if I should tell you or not because it's not important at all."

"So that means you were having second thought." Quatre concluded.

"Duh." I rolled my eyes again.

"But you always tell me everything no matter how small or less important the detail is." Quatre had a suspecting look at his face.

"I do?" I said in a confuse manner. Even I didn't know myself for telling him everything no matter how small or less important the detail is. Now that I think about it, I haven't kept a single secret from him so why bother keep a simple note as a secret from him? Great. Now I'm confuse with my own thoughts.

"If it's not so important then why are you making a big deal out of it by not telling me?" Quatre asked while Wufei was still having a mental discussion with himself. Then another thought popped in Quatre's mind. "I think what you meant a while ago was that it's not important for me to know but important for you."

Even though Wufei was busy having a mental discussion, he was still able to hear what Quatre said and replied. "It's not important. It's useless. Here." Wufei fished out the note from his pocket and gave it to Quatre.

Quatre took it and read it. A smirk began to form on his lips after he finished reading it. "You know what, Wufei?"

"I don't." Wufei began to drink his coffee again.

"I think you like the kidnapper."

TBC...

AN: Please review. Pweeeeeeeeeeze!!! I really wanna know what you think of it. Thanks.