Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Dream To Reality ❯ Alien Companions [Part 1/2]: The Arrival ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing!

Author notes: In this chapter, the aliens that made the stones the girls have arrive to Earth in search for the devices… and they aren't everything they seem. As well as the stones show some of their full potential by making the gundams a bit more human… You'll see how! All in due time!

Chapter #9: Alien Companions [Part 1/2]: The Arrival

---Outer Space, just in Earth's orbit---

A ship floated behind the moon, it was huge, looking like saucer with extensions. On the bridge of the ship, beings that looked like living robots were walking about. One of them was sitting in a chair, watching his men work, "You majesty, the device is indeed on this planet, the signal we received was corrected, the device was activated once, and now it is in five pieces," one of the aliens said to his leader. The leader was large; he had piercing white glowing eyes and a metal crown on his head. "Scan the planet for any useful resources, and is this planet occupied?" the leader asked.

He turned to his left slightly, "Ah General, what is it?" he asked. "Your majesty, this planet is civilized, our scans show a comprehensive, although primitive network of satellites around this planet, as well as what would appear to be a space station being constructed," he reported. "Sir, this planet's core is rich in precious metals," one alien reported. "Are the habitants Organo or Mecha?" the king asked next. "Organo sir," one of the workers replied. "Organics… this makes this conquest all the easier, but first we have to retrieve the devices and get a foothold on this planet, and that means for a while we will need to co-operate with these organic. Prepare the imperial cruised, I'm heading down to the planet." The king ordered.

---On Earth---

Washington D.C, the front lawn of the white house was always bustling with tourists wanting to take a picture. The president sat in his office working when suddenly a man appeared, "Sir, aliens are here… the international space station has just picked up a huge craft hiding behind the moon, it's large enough to cover the skies of any major city in the world completely," the man said. The president looked up, "If this is a prank by the Russians, it isn't very funny," he replied. "Sir, this is no prank, the astronauts up there are own men and some Canadians." The president put his papers down, "First those machines being stolen out of area 51, now this, we maybe looking at a possible invasion, alert the military, tell them to keep the missile silos on stand by should we need them." the man nodded and left the room.

Outside, the building still stood with all it's splendor, suddenly the air before it began to shimmer, a golden craft decloaked, it looked like a little jet plane, it landed on the lawn. There were screams as tourists ran, the plane reminded no other type of plane, it was large as it was, and it was glowing. A portal opened in the craft, FBI agents already surrounded the craft, the alien that stepped out of the craft looked like something out of a sci-fi book, it was literarily a robot, or maybe an android. "We come in peace," the alien said. The feds however remained with their guns raised. Behind the first alien, another appeared, he drew a device and flicked a button, on magnet; the agents' guns flew towards the device, leaving the agents unarmed.

The president appeared, flocked by some dozen bodyguards, the alien looked at him, he was large compared to the human, maybe eight foot five, maybe taller. "Are you the ruler of this planet?" the alien asked. The president stepped foreword, "Not of this planet, of this country, on behalf of my people we welcome you to Earth, and to the United States of America," the alien understood, "Ah… a regional planet," he said. 'Even better, they will never unite against us,' The general thought.

"Our specie has no name, I am King T'Lon, and we are looking for a planet that is willing to trade some metals for advanced technology," The president nodded, "Come inside," he motioned for the alien to follow him, which he did. The general followed behind his king, something was strange to him, the king was far to lenient with these organics, they saw that they had no advance technology, a takeover wouldn't be much harder then twisting a baby's arm, yet the king went ahead with these organic pleasantries.

The tourists came back, the FBI tried to block their access, not allowing them to take pictures of the smoking, cooling craft on the front lawn of the White House, but there were just too many of them.

---Two Days Later---

The Earth was a buzz, the whole earth now knew about the aliens, talk shows in every language buzzed about it. Magazines and newspapers had pictures on front page with large eye-catching captions and slogans.

The general was whoever displeased with how things were looking, in his opinion; the king was too soft with the organics, too lenient. He was more then unhappy, with the king forming an alliance with the president of that little country they call USA, he didn't see any organic massacre any time soon, and it pissed the general off, he wanted carnage.

The Alien craft was the entire buzz, people were buying telescopes just so they can look up at the moon, and maybe find a trace of the giant ship hiding behind the moon.

The gundam pilots for some reason however didn't trust the aliens something about them shone mistrust. The girls had to stop wearing their stones, because they wouldn't stop pulsating and glowing.

Currently they were at their cave retreat, ever since the aliens arrived, the schools in Chicago were closed giving the students much needed break. The guys were working on installing lightning on the walls of the chamber so they wouldn't need to use Cosmic Phoenix and Hellraiser as torches.

Jessica was sitting the cockpit of her gundam, monitoring the video channels; the gundams had great reception, even behind so much limestone around them. Her mind however wasn't on the task; it kept straying to the school dance, more particularly to her actions at the school dance, she still had trouble looking at Trowa with a straight face, so she avoided him altogether.

Her stone was lighting the cockpit in eerie reddish glow as it kept pulsating. She hated to admit it, but her actions weren't in the influence of anything, not even alcohol, her actions came from the heart. She meant every word she said to him that night, and every action she did, but the kiss, if one might call it that, was surely over the top. She was now eating Sage's comment about being Amazons and needing no men in their life. She hated Sage at the moment, 'what is says, is said… you cant change time, and neither can you change one's heart,' she thought, deciding to be strong and endure this torture, and it was torture, in it's purest form.

Suddenly Phoenix began to flash, the cockpit lit up, Jessica dropped her book by her seat and checked circuitry, nothing wrong with the machine, except it was trying to seemingly power up on it's own.

The other pilots noticed that Phoenix was moving, it's flame sparked up brightly and it's eyes lit up. "Jessica what are you doing?" Sage called up. The cockpit was still open so she knew Jessica heard her. "I haven't got slightest clue, Phoenix is acting up," Jessica called back. The guys paused work and looked up at the machine, its eyes were flashing and the flame canons were trying to spark up on their own, something was definitely wrong.

Jessica had enough, her own gundam was scaring her, she moved to get out of the cockpit when a gentle feminine voice stopped her cold, "Mistress… don't be afraid of me," the voice said. Jessica paused, "Phoenix?" she asked. "At you service," the machine replied. Jessica looked down from the platform of her open cockpit hatch, "Duo… did you put a voice recorder in my cockpit?" she yelled down. The braided pilot turned around raised his hands in surrender, "No… I didn't put anything in Phoenix's cockpit; I couldn't even get it to open- woops…" he gone red a bit. "I'll talk to you later you lousy prankster, meanwhile…" she lowered herself onto the ground, "I think I lost it… either that or cosmic Phoenix became sentient," she said. The guys left what they were doing and gathered around, "You onna… must've lost it," Wufei said coolly, wiping his hands on a towel.

There was an angry hiss as Cosmic Phoenix came online on it's own, it raised one arm at Wufei, it's Hydrogen-powered flame canon appeared, "Wufei… apologize to my mistress right now," the machine hissed angrily. Wufei was struck speechless, he wasn't used to looking up the barrel of a very powerful flame canon aimed by a gundam with no pilot, "Sorry," he said. Phoenix lowered its canon and tucked it back into its arm; its eyes remained green, showing it was still watching them. "Holy shit! That this ~is~ sentient!" Duo was in shock, and so were the other pilots. "You didn't mention that in the design specs," Heero hissed to Jessica. "Because it wasn't in the design specs genius," she replied. "Phoenix if you are hearing this, I forbid you to threaten anyone, or anything, unless I specify otherwise, got it?" Jessica asked. The gundam didn't seem to respond for a second, "As you wish mistress," she finally said in a cool monotone mechanic voice.

"Interesting development," Trowa idly said. "I didn't ask for it," Jessica muttered. "Jess… are you kidding man? Your gundam is cool -" Mandy was cut off by a growl emanating from the gundam. "I mean hot as is it, now it's even hotter!" Mandy was nervous, 'Moody Cow,' she thought about Phoenix. Phoenix shut down, it has enough of these humans, they were strange, it was just a few minutes old but the emotions it felt from the humans were already overwhelming it, however it deep keep an open audio device on, once a while it would flick it's cameras back on, it was curious, very curious.

Phoenix continued to observe the pilots work on installing the lighting. What totally made the gundam curious was when Jessica dropped a tool, Trowa picked it up for her and when she took it, their fingers brushed and Jessica blushed and looked away quickly, that one even made Phoenix curious. It decided to investigate on it's own.

The night, when the pilots went back home to get some sleep, their job halfway done, half the cavern was lit by fluorescent track lighting. Phoenix was standing alone in the darkest corner, bored out of it mechanical wits, and still thinking about everything it observed from humans, they were fascinating, and complex, she could compare herself to them, except they were smaller and she owed her own existence to them. Then it turned it head to glance at all the other gundams, an idea springing to it's mind, it began to access them, one by one, some were easier to access then others, Wing Zero gave her the most problem, but eventually she did it.

Then it began downloading some copies of its new personality subroutines to them, the subroutines were templates for a personality. When it finished it activated the subroutines on Heavyarms, since it's mistress had the most peculiar reaction to the owner and Master of Heavyarms, Phoenix was curious about the take the blue gundam had on things, maybe it could shed some light on this mystery. Trough accessing each one of them, Phoenix learned bits and pieces about the other pilots, but there were some pieces that were missing, all this information wasn't making any sense to the bird gundam, but it wanted to clear things up badly.

Heavyarms gave no sign of waking up except it's eyes flashed a few times and then lit up, the first moment of sentience was a confusing one for the gundam, but before it had the chance to muse it over a voice in came on his internal comlink, "Heavyarms?" it asked. The gundam traced the signal and found it came from one of its silent companions, " yes?" he asked, and then the name of the half-hidden suit came to him.

"Oh just checking whether my transfer worked, I have a few things to ask you," Phoenix replied. Heavyarms remained quiet, like it's pilot. Phoenix took that as a sign that the machine was listening and continued, "Heavyarms, can you tell the difference between different human emotions?" Phoenix asked; if it could blush, it definitely would be red about now. "Well, I can tell some apart, I think… you really have to describe it more clearly," Heavyarms replied.

"Well… it has something to do with my Mistress and your Master, this will take a while… I don't know where to begin," So Phoenix went on ahead to explain as best it could what it saw and thought about the different events it observed, meticulously, the details were as precise as sensor scans, in fact some were, but that would be expected from a machine. The two suits talked for some time and eventually Phoenix activated the other gundams and let them get acquainted as well.

TO BE CONTINUED…

Author Notes: Expect more of this talks, I decided to make the gundams a bit more human, and what a better way then to give them partial sentience, besides… it would be intresting to see what sorts of messes the newly-sentient gundams can cause by not being too adept at understanding their masters.