Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Duo: Reflection on the Thing They Call Life ❯ Finding the Perfect Roommate ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Standard Disclaimers: GW is not mine. Boohoo, etc. Only my thoughts are my own... not that anyone wants those.
Warnings: Duo's POV, philosophism, shonen ai, language, 2+1 (no mentioned reciprocation)
Beta: Gunnmsangel
A/N: You brave, brave readers. Welcome into the world of Duo's brain. Fasten your safety belts and keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times. Just kidding. As I stated before, this is NOT a fluffy, lovey fic. It is meant to be realistic. I hope that it is appreciated. A big thank you goes out to Gunnmsangel, my little beta.


Duo: Reflections on the Thing They Call Life
by Soanum Dulcamara


Chapter 2: Finding the Perfect Roommate

You just have to imagine that the apocalypse is upon us... at least, that's what I did when I opened my apartment door and found Heero there. I'm pretty sure the cosmic thought process had a glitch because I am never without something to say, but I was. The perfect soldier was at my door, in his perfect tight-ass jeans, asking if he could stay with me... it was all so... perfect, and yet not. There are two problems with Heero and I living together. 1. Ever since he took that dive out of the hospital, and I had to help him walk, and his arm as around me, and I was so close to him... well, if I so much as look at him for five seconds too long, I get a raging monster erection. 2. My apartment is a flat. No bedroom. Fold out sofa bed. One sleeping space. Add that to problem #1 and you have a very uncomfortable situation.

I believe I asked him a question next... something like, "What about Relena?" It seems an innocent enough question, unless you consider the bitter tone with which I asked. His response was simple, "I checked on her. She'll be fine. I don't belong there."

Needless to say, I was dumbfounded. I just stood there staring at him trying to conjure words. It is a fact of life: when you most desperately need the right words, you will find yourself the most bereft. Heero came to my rescue saying it would only be temporary, yadda, yadda. How could I say no? Heero, man o' steel, was at my door, asking for help. Besides, crush or no crush, he's my best friend.

Upon reflection, I don't think he was looking for a place to stay, I think he was looking for himself. Then again, maybe it's the same thing.

Anyway, temporary turned into a few weeks, turned into several months, and it's been a little over two years since then. And I wouldn't change a thing... except maybe Hilde's attitude.

When she and I went our separate ways so that she could move in with her boyfriend, I was all pissed about trying to find someone new to live with. I don't like to be alone very much. She dropped this little bit of wisdom into my lap, "Don't worry, Duo. I'm sure that when the time is right, the perfect roommate will just appear on your doorstep." I thought that I had outsmarted her by getting a flat, but that backfired. She likes to gloat about it now, but she still has no idea how right she was.