Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Family Ties ❯ Chapter 21 ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
XxXxXxXxXxXxX
 
Chapter Twenty-one
 
XxXxXxXxXxXxX
 
“Duo!?” Hiiro raised an eyebrow at the panicked face that popped up on his vid-screen.
 
/ “Hiiro! I don't know what to do! He won't wake up-I can't wake him up! Hiiro- Help Me!”/
 
“Duo, calm down!” The stoic boy ordered. “Look at me!” Violet eyes that kept shifting from the screen to somewhere off screen, froze, locking with steady Prussian. “What's the matter, Duo?”
 
/ “We were flying to Sicily; Tro started acting like he had a bad headache then he passed out- That was… 40 minutes AGO!”/ He gushed in a single breath. / “Hiiro, this is far worse then Quat! Is it contagious? What if I loose consciousness!? The plane will crash and we're OVER THE MEDITARRANIAN! Do You Know What That'll MEAN!?”/
 
“Duo-”
 
/ “That means we'll DIE, Hiiro! DIE!”/
 
“Duo-”
 
/”If we die, then we can't help Quat!”/
 
“Duo-“
 
/”Who knows what will happen to him!”/
 
“DUO!”
 
The braided boy fell silent, his worries still swimming in his eyes.
 
“It'll be alright, Koi.” Hiiro tried to reassure. “Is Trowa still breathing?”
 
/”Yes.”/
 
“Anything physically wrong?”
 
/”Not that I can see.”/
 
“He's just unconscious?”
 
The braided boy nodded.
 
“How far are you from land?”
 
/”35 miles from the coast of Italy…”/ Duo swallowed, looking at his instruments.
 
“You'll be able to land then.” Hiiro said firmly.
 
/”But what it-“/
 
“You'll be fine, Duo. I promise you.” The Japanese boy interrupted, “Trust me.”
 
/”I-I do, Hiiro.” The braided boy nodded, /”I do trust you.”/
 
“Keep in touch, Koi. Let me know when you've landed or if there's any change with Trowa.”
 
/”I will.”/
 
“Aishiteru, Koi.” Hiiro smiled, tracing his love's face on the screen with his fingers. “Always.”
 
/”I love you too, Hiiro-Even when you're being pig-headed stubborn.”/
Duo whispered, before cutting communications.
 
XxXxXxXxXxXxX
 
He glared at the pale blonde that lay in front of him. All of his sensors read that the boy was unconscious, but alive… and that just couldn't be.
 
“He hasn't succumbed, has he?” Isis smirked from the corner of the room.
 
“He should be dead by now.”
 
“My brother isn't weak.” She frowned.
 
“He must have found someplace to escape it…” He mused. “Very clever, though it won't save him. I'll find out where he is… He can't hide from me…”
 
XxXxXxXxXxXxX
 
He stood alone in the middle of dark space. There seemed to be no sense of direction, no ground beneath his feet, and no sky above him.
 
Trowa hated being alone. It left him cold. So cold; that only the warmth of his lover could chase it away. “Where are you, Quatre?” The banged boy whispered into the void that surrounded him. “Where have you gone that I cannot follow?”
 
“I haven't gone anywhere, Trowa.” A small pale hand reached out to grasp the boy's arm. “I lost you… I couldn't feel you anymore…”
 
“Quatre.” Trowa embraced the smaller boy, “I'm looking for you.”
 
“I know…” the blonde offered a sad smile, as he laid his head on the taller boy's shoulder. “It gave me hope… but…”
 
“Quatre?” Trowa asked, a worried frown etched on his face, “What's the matter?”
 
“Have you ever had a nightmare, Trowa?” the boy asked, his tone hollow, his expression dead, “One that is so horrific that when it wakes you… The only thing you can do, is thank God that it was just a nightmare?”
 
“Frequently, Koi.”
 
Quatre looked up at the taller boy. His once bright aqua eyes dull with hopelessness. “I can't wake up from this nightmare, Trowa. I can't escape… I can only hide… but… he'll find me.”
 
“What is it that keeps you trapped, Quatre?” the banged boy asked, “Tell me how to set you free.”
 
“There's another mind… much stronger than my own…”
 
“Is it Isis?”
 
“Stronger…” The blonde looked dejectedly down at his hands. “He's crushing me…”
 
“I won't let him, Quatre!” Trowa nearly shouted, grabbing and shaking the smaller boy by the shoulders, “Do you hear me?”
 
“I-” The smaller boy shook his head slowly before his head snapped up, panic in his eyes, “HELP ME, TROWA!” He screamed, “GET HIM OUT OF HERE!”
 
“Out of where, Koi?” He demanded, “Quatre, Tell me where!”
 
“TROWA!” The boy screamed again, his face twisting as he struggled against an unseen foe, “HELP ME, TROWA!” He cried before slumping against the other boy, unconscious.
 
“Quatre?” The banged boy breathed fearfully as the boy in his arms began to fade away, “Quatre!? QUATRE!”
 
XxXxXxXxXxXxX
 
He grinned triumphantly as he crowed, “Gottcha!”
 
XxXxXxXxXxXxX
 
Emerald eyes burst open, the end of a scream on the banged boy's lips. “QUATRE!”
 
“TROWA! YOU”RE AWAKE!” Duo exclaimed, assaulting the banged pilot with a hug, “I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE ALRIGHT-DON'T YOU EVER DO THAT TO ME AGAIN!”
 
“LET go of me, Duo!” Trowa pushed the ecstatic boy away, “Quatre's in trouble!”
 
“We're about fifteen minutes till we land.” Duo said, giving the other some space. “Are you okay, Tro? You're awfully pale… and you're shakin'.”
 
“Something… Someone is after Quatre…” He shuddered, “And I can't protect him…”
 
“We'll find him.” Duo said with absolute certainty. “I just know it.”
 
“Hn.” The banged boy nodded his head, wincing slightly at the sharp pain that persisted in his temple. “I know we will, Duo.”
 
XxXxXxXxXxXxX
 
Quatre's eyes flew open to find that he was face-down in his water prison. Panic over-rode his calming common sense and he began to thrash wildly, searching for air, his screams were lost as water flooded his mouth.
 
Finally getting his legs to cooperate, he kicked as hard as he could until he broke the surface. Gasping and choking, he desperately tried to grasp something along the walls to keep him above water.
 
/”I don't recommend you try hiding again.”/ An angry voice boomed over the intercom, /”It wouldn't be a healthy choice.”/
 
“Oh, Allah…” Quatre shivered, “Trowa, hurry…”
 
XxXxXxXxXxXxX
 
To be continued…