Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Family Ties ❯ Chapter 25 ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N Okay, first thing I want to do is set one thing straight!
Many of you have the idea that Duo is Telepathic,
and although I can see how you may have thought that,
(Something I will go back and fix eventually)
He is, infact, NOT!
Because he knows about Trowa's Telepathy,
He was just thinking openly towards the banged cutie,
and Trowa was able to read the thoughts and respond.
::devilish grin::
I have something more... interesting/destructive in mind
for our braided menace, however, it is highly unlikely that it will
manifest before the sequel.
 
Okay, on to the next chapter...
 
XxXxXxX
 
Chapter twenty-five
 
XxXxXxX
 
"Damn it." Nicholai swore as he was thrown back yet again.
 
"Face it." Isis rolled her eyes. "You're not getting through that barrier."
 
"There must be a way..." The Russian grumbled, standing. "and I'll find it, even if it kills him!"
 
"WHAT!?" The blonde exclaimed a cold chill running down her spine.
 
"You heard me. I'll find my way in even if I have to kill him." He glared, approaching the untouchable boy.
 
"You're insane!" Isis shouted.
 
"Perhaps..."
 
XxXxXxX
 
"How long do you plan on keeping me here, Zero?" Quatre wondered, as he hugged his knees to his chest.
 
'Until it is sufficiantly safe.'
 
"What are your preameters for that requirement?"
 
The cold personified system thought for a moment, 'Until your life is no longer being threatened.'
 
"Who threatens my life?" the blonde asked, "Who are my enemies?"
 
'Nicholai.'
 
"I can handle him." Quatre shook his head. "I beat him once, I can do it again. I am a Gundam Pilot, Zero. I am trained to handle myself."
 
'Negative.' The voice denied. 'You are no longer a Gundam Pilot.'
 
"Just because I don't have Sandrock anymore, does not mean I've lost my training." Quatre tried to reason. "Please, Zero, Listen to me? Let me go!?"
 
'I cannot allow that.' The system declined, before a wave of pain ripped through it.
 
Quatre screamed.
 
XxXxXxX
 
"Trowa wake up!" A hushed voice beckoned, "Wake up!"
 
With a protesting groan, emerald eyes blinked themselves awake. Sitting up, the banged boy looked around his room. /"Who's there?"/ He frowned upon not seeing anyone. "Duo?"
 
"No, not Duo." The voice answered, as a translucent blonde girl materialized in front of him.
 
"Isis?" Trowa's eyes widened in shock, "What are you doing here? Where's Quatre?"
 
"I need your help." the girl whispered, nervously. "but I don't have much time..."
 
"Isis, tell me where Quatre is." Trowa's tone became dangerous.
 
"He's in an old warehouse down by the bay. Number 343. You must hurry! Something is protecting Quatre. Nicholai can't get near his mind and has gone mad! He is going to Kill my brother if you do not hurry!"
 
"Believe me, I'll be there as soon as I can!" Trowa swore as he got out of bed and pulled his jeans over his boxers, before grabbing his shirt. /"Duo? Can you hear me?"/
 
'DAMN IT, TRO! WARN a guy before you go in their head- Will ya!?' The irrate thoughts came back.
 
/"Nevermind that! Have Hiiro look up warehouse number 343. I want directions, blue prints, storage- everything."/
 
'Sure... What's going on? I thought you were supposed to be asleep...'
 
The banged boy turned look at the transparant girl, /"I have a visitor who says that's where Quatre is."/
 
'I'm on it!' Came the excited response.
 
"Trowa?" Isis lightly touched his arm, pausing his efforts to dress quickly. Annoyed, the boy glared at her. "Trowa, I know the doctors told you about Savannah..." He nodded in confirmation. "I have yet to find her." the image bit her lower lip worriedly. "I-"
 
"I'll help you find her." Trowa interupted, as he yanked his shirt over his head and pulled out his gun from his nightstand. "After I find Quatre."
 
Relief flooded the image's expression as she nodded, "Thank you!"
 
"Just don't let anything happen to him." The banged boy warned, before running out of his room.
 
XxXxXxX
 
"Trowa?" Duo blinked as the banged boy ran down the stairs into the livingroom.
 
"We have to hurry." He answered, "Where's Wu Fei?"
 
"He and Hiiro left about an hour ago to look something up in the restricted files."
 
"An hour!?" Trowa blinked, "I've been asleep that long?"
 
"You needed it." Duo shrugged, as he rotated the laptop so the other could see. "Your warehouse."
 
"Duo, you are the best." Trowa thanked as he began to study and memorize the layout of the building.
 
"Can we trust her?" The braided boy asked quietly. "I mean, she is the one who kidnapped Quatre in the first place."
 
The banged boy thought for a moment before answering. "I doubt she could get away with lieing to me..." he said carefully. "Though, I haven't put that to the test."
 
"I suppose not..." Duo agreed, before sighing. "Are we going to wait for them?"
 
"We'll leave them directions." Trowa shook his head, "Isis indicated that there wasn't a whole lot of time left."
 
"Why not?"
 
"..."
 
"Tro?"
 
"We just have to hurry."
 
XxXxXxX
 
"Z-zero?" Quatre gasped as his hands clenched tightly at his heart, "Z-zero, answer me..."
 
'I'm here, Master.' The weakened voice replied.
 
"What's happening?" The blonde asked.
 
'We're being attacked...' Zero grimmaced, 'I... I don't know how much longer I can hold him off...'
 
"Then let me take over." Quatre said, trying to stand once more, only to find that he still lacked the strength.
 
'You need more rest, Master.'
 
"But-"
 
'Sleep.' Zero ordered.
 
"N-no..." The quiet protest escaped before the speaker slumped into unconciousness.
 
XxXxXxX
To be continued...