Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Family Ties ❯ Chapter 38 ( Chapter 38 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Thank you again, Kai-Li for Beta'ing!
 
XxXxX
 
Chapter Thirty-Eight
 
XxXxX
 
Azure eyes fluttered open as a shaky breath was drawn into starved lungs. Multiple sensations bombarded the newly revived empath… Fear, Guilt, Sorrow, Betrayal, Rage… pierced his heart while physical pain from his gunshot wound and the bear hug that held the blonde captive caused him to grimace.
 
The boy that held him sobbed inconsolably begging for undeserved forgiveness.
 
“I-It's alright, Hiiro…” the new-type whispered; bringing his arms up to return the embrace, “Y-You did it!”
 
Startled, the Japanese teen pulled back to face his friend, “Quatre, I'm so sorry! I should never have agreed to this! I didn't want to…. I didn't want to kill you! I-I-” The assassin trailed off, tears freely falling, “Gomen nasai, my dear, dear friend…”
 
“Hiiro…” Quatre weakly smiled, his breath coming in labored pants. “It was our only choice and you know it. It worked right? S-so don't worry about it…”
 
“B-But it almost didn't…” Hiiro shook his head, looking quite pale as his eyes widened with realization. “Even now… You're still bleeding!”
 
Swallowing, the blonde nodded, “I-I know…”
 
“I'll get the others… Chang can call Sally… We need to get you medical attention!”
 
“S-Stay… P-please… Trowa… Trowa will know…” Quatre pleaded, his eyes filled with pain.
 
“Alright. I'll stay.”
 
XxXxX
 
The banged boy's eyes widened as the familiar presence filled his mind and heart, “Quatre…” He breathed, daring to hope. /”QUATRE!?”/
 
`I'm here… Koi…' Came the weakened response. `B-But we need help…'
 
“Wu Fei, call Sally!” Trowa ordered, pushing past the oriental and running towards his lover, Duo close behind.
 
Sending up a silent prayer of thanks to whoever was listening, the Chinese boy pulled out his cell phone and quickly dialed the doctor's number, unaware of the tears of relief that traced his face.
 
XxXxX
 
“Quatre!” Trowa cried, falling to his knees next to his injured lover. Wrapping his arms around the pale boy, the taller teen alternated between kissing him senseless and scolding him for being so stupid. /”Don't ever do that to me again!”/ He silently berated, /”Never again! Promise me!”/
 
“I-I promise… My love…” The blonde smiled weakly.
 
Hiiro watched as Trowa took over in caring for the empath's wound. Unfamiliar feelings of remorse, guilt, shame and ultimate relief began to overwhelm him at an alarming rate. Physically drained, and emotionally weakened, the boy's world suddenly spun into a blur.
 
“HIIRO!” Duo exclaimed, rushing forward and catching the healer before he could collapse to the ground. “Hiiro? Hiiro!? Answer me, Hiiro!” The violet-eyed teen demanded, his own emotions starting to get the better of him.
 
“I'm so sorry, Duo…” The ex-pilot whispered, “I'm so sorry…”
 
XxXxX
 
“Well, that should do it.” Sally sighed as she adjusted the IV drip leading to her sleeping patient's hand. “He lost a lot of blood, but the transfusion will help with that. Frankly I'm amazed Quatre's even alive…” She shook her head. “I'll be back in three days to check up on him. Keep an eye out for infection and call me the instant his condition changes.”
 
The banged boy nodded, only half listening to the physician's instructions. His attention was solely on the unconscious blonde that lay before him. `How close did I come to losing you once again, my love? Far too close for comfort… This has to end…'
 
“As for Hiiro…” The doctor continued unaware of the flinch of anger that passed through the banged boy's body at the mere mention of his ex-friend's name. Sally didn't realize what the true circumstances for the empath's injury were. She was told it happened during a training exercise, and had no reason to expect hostility from the quiet teen. “They'll both sleep for the rest of the day, and probably tomorrow as well. When Hiiro does wake up, have him take it easy. He's physically fine other than being exhausted- though that in itself is enough to worry me…”
 
“Don't.” Duo cut in, his tone lacking any emotion. “He'll be fine.”
 
“Physically, yes.” Sally agreed, “But mentally… Something happened that has changed Hiiro… He's almost… depressed? Keep an eye on him. I wouldn't put it past that boy to become suicidal.” She frowned at the lack of response from the ex-pilot's friends. “If something happens, call.”
 
“Sure. Whatever…” The braided teen shrugged, avoiding the doctor's questioning eyes.
 
Frowning, Sally continued, “I mean it… If any of you need anything, give me a call. I want to help.”
 
“I'm sure we'll be fine, Sally.” Wu Fei said from the back of the room. “I'll give you a call later tonight with an update, okay?”
 
“Sure, Fei… That'll be fine.” The woman nodded, trying to conceal her concern as she exchanged a brief kiss with the Chinese boy on her way out.
 
After several uncomfortable minutes, Chang turned to leave as well, but was stopped by a cold voice.
 
“I should kill you for what you two did...” Trowa was saying without taking his eyes off of his sleeping lover. “I want to kill you…”
 
“I wouldn't stop you.” Wu Fei admitted. “It would be fair judgment.”
 
“…But it would make Quatre sad…” Duo added, turning his glare to his once friend. “So you'll live. You'll both live.”
 
“We're leaving.” Trowa continued. “As soon as Quatre is well, we're leaving.”
 
“Where will you go?” The Chinese boy asked sadly, knowing full well they brought this upon themselves.
 
“It doesn't matter.” Duo muttered. “Somewhere where we're not known and won't be stabbed in the back for being born differently.”
 
“You're going too!?” Wu Fei gasped, spinning to face the braided boy. “What about Hiiro?”
 
“WHAT ABOUT HIM!?” Shinigami snapped, his violet eyes flashing dangerously. “WHY? Why would I want to BE with someone who can just throw away his friend's life like that!? After ALL that they've done for him!?” He shook his head, trying to reign in his seething emotions, “No way.”
 
The ebony-haired teen looked stricken, “H-He'll die… Maxwell- Duo… You must realize that... don't you?”
 
“He chose this consequence himself.” The braided boy grumbled, turning his back on the other teen. Snorting, he continued, “Besides… He's self-healing… He'll survive.”
 
“Oh, my Nataku…” Chang shook his head in disbelief, “How did things get so screwed up?”
 
“Chang, I suggest you leave, now.” Trowa's calm tone was threateningly low. “I don't care if I never see your face again.”
 
Silently, the Chinese boy left, closing the door behind him.
 
XxXxX
 
“They're leaving.” Hiiro's weary voice lacked any emotion at all. “Even Duo.”
 
“Yes.” Wu Fei shook his head, not the least bit surprised to see the new-type awake. “I'm sure that when Quatre explains-.”
 
“It will change nothing.” The numb boy shuddered as he wrapped his arms around his wiry body, “I screwed up, Fei… I totally screwed up…”
 
XxXxX
 
To be continued…
 
A/N: :pointing:: See!? Jyrotika, See!?
I didn't kill him!
Well… actually I did…
But he was already shot when you made the bribe!
And he didn't stay dead!
:: angelic innocent look::
Do I get some fanart now?
 
And thank you, Mikki Amboree
For defending me against the readers who want my head!
You're right! If I die, how can the stories end?
 
Alrighty… coming up the grand finally that leads into the already started
But not yet posted, sequel.
You read right.
Only one more chapter!
Can you stand it?
A nice even forty counting prologue and Epilogue!
My OCD has been sated.
::sighs::
Till next time!
Ja ne
-Weissangel24-