Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Farewell ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Farewell
Author: ShitaeTenshi (shitaetenshi @ hotmail.com)
Disclaimer: I do not own Gundam Wing
General Warnings: angst
Summary: I never expected it, never saw it coming. Why?
Rating: PG-13
Spoilers: post EW
Pairings: any
 
 
“You find anything?”
 
“No, this room's clear too. Damn.” Egelton holstered his weapon, his partner walking into the kitchen as he finished holstering his.
 
“So the info was bogus after all.”
 
Egelton shook his head. “Naw, someone's been living here but it looks as though they split about three days ago.”
 
“The half-eaten sandwich clue you in?” Locke poked around as his partner leaned against the counter. “So you actually going to work here?”
 
“It's amazing you haven't gone through more partners.”
 
“What's amazing is that you haven't gotten cited more often,” Locke retorted. “Now let's prove to the Commander that we deserve the honor of being Preventer Field Agents.”
 
Silence descended upon the small, run-down apartment as the two agents searched, hoping for any clue, knowing that the one they searched for wouldn't have left much.
 
“Hey Locke, any idea why we're searching for…”
 
“Damnit Egelton,” Locke exploded, cutting him off in mid sentence, “you know we're not to mention anything! Not even in passing! Now just get back to work and keep your damn speculations to yourself!”
 
After several fruitless hours, the pair left the old building and drove off, leaving a wealth of rumors for the neighbors.
 
 
tbc
 
A/N
One more left! As always, reviews welcome, especially critiques; all flames will be used to make smores. And many thanks for the reviews (and your patience) while I go through this experiment. A full explanation will be on my profile.