Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Going For Gold ❯ chapter 38 ( Chapter 38 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the G boys, I just borrow them from time to time and return them a whole lot happier. I do own the plot and any other characters, especially the equines, that you will find in this fic. Please do not take them without permission. Written for pleasure not profit.
 
Pairing: 2x1x2, 3x4, 13x6, H+C
 
Warnings: Yaoi, lemon, sap, angst, vet themes, AU
 
Rating: NC 17
 
Archive: www.gundam-wing-diaries.150m.com Anyone else please ask.
 
Betaed by Yami_tai *snugs*
 
Summary: Eighteen months have passed since Heero was advised he was short listed for the Olympic games team. With Zero going well and young Shinigami almost ready to make his showjumping debut, Heero looks set to reach his goal. Life though doesn't always play by the rules.
 
Dedication: To Leslie who gave me the original idea for Equinity.
 
Fic 3 in the Equine Intervention Arc.
 
"Going for Gold"
 
January. 2007 ShenLong
 
 
Chapter 38
 
"Hey, Duo," said Quatre as he stepped outside the front door of Trowa's home to greet the vet.
 
"Hi, Quatre. Sorry I'm late, got caught up with a hoof abscess that was deeper than I originally thought so took a bit longer to treat," replied Duo as he got out of his car and grabbed his bag.
 
"No problem. Come on in." Quatre turned and opened the door again, leading Duo inside the small house and through to the kitchen. "Can I get you something to drink?"
 
"Thanks, but no thanks. I've still got another call to attend before heading back to the surgery and I'm already running late enough as it is."
 
"Never any rest, is there?" grinned Quatre.
 
Duo laughed. "Nope, not in this line of work there isn't."
 
"Then I'll go get Jet for you."
 
"How's he been, Quat?" It had been ten days since Jet's operation and was time for the stitches to come out.
 
"Why don't you come see for yourself?" Quatre walked to the back door and opened it. He didn't step outside though, opting to remain just inside the fly screen door and watch. Duo sidled up beside him and looked out to the back yard and the many rows of kennels set up there. A smile graced his lips.
 
Trowa was out in the kennels, finishing up the day's work, topping up water bowls and distributing bowls of biscuits amongst the residents. Jet was following him around, a ball in his mouth which he dropped at Trowa's feet when the tall man stopped. Trowa would spot the ball and absently pick it up and toss it over his shoulder, then continue what he was doing. Jet would high tail it after the ball, grab it and bring it back again, waiting for his chance to drop it at Trowa's feet and thus the cycle continued.
 
Jet's tail was wagging furiously, his mouth open, tongue lolling out and looking for all the world like he was grinning. The loss of his leg was not affecting him in any way.
 
Duo smiled. "Now that's a sight to savor," he said softly.
 
"You wouldn't know he had a leg missing," said Quatre. "He's just as active as before and still does everything he used to. Although there is one slight problem he has."
 
"Oh?" Duo couldn't figure out what problem Jet could be having, he looked perfectly normal to him.
 
"He can't cock his leg anymore to pee. He has to squat," Quatre stated.
 
Duo snickered. "Guess that makes the trees happy then."
 
Quatre snorted. "It was quite comical to watch at first. He'd go out and try to cock his right leg, that's the way he's always peed. He couldn't do it though and kept falling over. Now he mostly squats. Although, I have seen him have a go at cocking the stump of his left leg."
 
"He'll master it with time," laughed Duo.
 
"Yeah, I guess he will," replied Quatre with a smile. "Come on, we'd best get him in so you can check the wound and remove the stitches."
 
The pair walked out to where Trowa was finishing up, putting the bag of biscuits away in the small store room. He turned and wiped his hands on his jeans when he spotted Duo and Quatre approaching.
 
"Hello, Duo," Trowa extended his hand and shook the vet's hand.
 
"He's looking good, Tro," said Duo as he nodded towards the lab sitting at their feet and panting.
 
"Yes, he is." Trowa's hand dropped and ruffled the dog's ears.
 
"I've come to check the wound and remove the stitches."
 
"Good. Would you like to do it in the house?" Trowa asked.
 
"That should be fine."
 
The trio walked back to the house and into the kitchen. Duo fetched his thin nosed scissors and pair of forceps.
 
"Just let him lie on the floor. You sit by his head, Tro, and talk to him. Quat, could you come back here and just hold his leg for me please?"
 
Trowa sat with the lab's head in his lap, gently caressing the ears and whispering to the animal. Quatre took up position by the dog's back end and carefully held the leg so Duo could reach the line of stitches easily. Jet was good, lying perfectly still and allowing the vet to do his work.
 
Each stitch was carefully pulled up a little with the forceps and then snipped trough and pulled out. It took only a few minutes to remove them all, Duo checking the wound and pleased with the way the skin had knitted back together. There had been no oozing, the wound remaining clean and dry throughout the healing process; a testament to Trowa and Quatre's dedicated nursing. The black hair was starting to grow back from where it had been shaved and it would only be a matter of a couple more weeks before the entire area would be covered with the new growth and the scars from the stitches would vanish from view.
 
"I'll just give him another shot of antibiotic," said Duo as he reached again for his bag. "You still have some of the tablets left?"
 
"There's only one dose remaining and that's his evening one for tonight," replied Trowa.
 
"Okay. Don't worry about giving him that one, this injection will see him right until the day after tomorrow. I'll give you another seven day course of the antibiotic just to be safe. Now that the stitches are out there's a tiny chance he could reopen the wound, but that's extremely rare. The skin has knitted back perfectly and I don't see anything like that happening."
 
"Thank you." Trowa petted the silky head again. Adoring, brown eyes looked back at him.
 
Duo administered the antibiotic and put away the used syringe and needle. Taking out a bottle of pills, he carefully counted out enough for a seven day course and slipped them into a small packet. He wrote the dosage instructions on the front of the packet in his neat handwriting. "There you go," he said and handed the packet to Trowa.
 
"All finished?" asked Quatre.
 
"Yes. Just keep an eye on the wound site, check it daily to make sure it's dry with no inflammation, redness or oozing coming from it. If you suspect anything is wrong, call me and I'll check it out."
 
Trowa and Quatre let the dog go and stood up, both brushing off their jeans. Trowa went to the small pantry and fetched a bone shaped biscuit from within. "Jet," he called.
 
The dog pricked up his ears and looked to Trowa. His tail wagged as he recognized the treat and in a flash he was sitting at Trowa's feet, eyes firmly planted on the 'bone' in Trowa's hand.
 
"Good boy," said Trowa and handed over the biscuit.
 
Jet took it carefully in his mouth and trotted over to the dog door installed in the back door. He pushed through and disappeared outside to eat his reward.
 
Duo shook his head, an amused smile on his face. Inside he was feeling both relieved and happy.
"I'd better get going," he said. "Remember, call me if there's anything wrong or you're not sure about."
 
"Thank you, Duo, both you and Hilde for all you did for him. We really appreciate it," Quatre said quietly as he escorted the vet back to his car.
 
"It was nothing, Quat. It's what we do, help those that can't help themselves. I'm just sorry anything happened in the first place." Duo placed his bag inside the car and prepared to get in.
 
"I know, Duo. But Trowa and I, well, Jet's a part of the family." Quatre was floundering, trying to find the words he wanted to express his gratitude. A hand rested on his forearm and he looked up into understanding violet.
 
"I know what you're trying to say, Quatre. I'm just pleased I could help and that it's all turned out okay. Now, I'd best be off or I'll never make it back in time for evening consults."
 
"Drive safely."
 
"I will." Duo started the car and disappeared down the driveway to his next call.
 
Quatre waved good bye and then walked back into the house, a happy smile on his face.
 
* * *
 
Jet quickly recovered from his ordeal, the leg healing beautifully. The hair grew back, covering the stump and to anyone first seeing the dog, they wouldn't have guessed he only had three legs, that was until the animal turned and they could see the left side and missing limb. Jet adjusted without any trouble, accepting the loss and clearly not letting it affect him in any way. He continued to play, running around with his usual exuberance and getting into just as much mischief as before.
 
Heero was notified by the E.F.A. that Shinigami had now been upgraded to A grade competition and his new performance card sent out. Treize had begun to work Romeo much harder once he returned from the Olympics and the bay colt had improved in leaps and bounds. He'd filled out as he matured, the gangly frame taking on much more muscle and he now stood at seventeen hands two inches; a massive horse by anyone's standards.
 
Shinigami had also matured, his lithe form developing the correct muscle groups he'd need for his continued career in showjumping. His will to win had also strengthened and both Heero and Duo could see a lot of Zero in him. His enthusiasm for jumping was only surpassed by his addiction to carrots.
 
Romeo was also in A grade competition, having upgraded a week behind Shini. Heero and Treize had mapped out the jumping competitions for that season, planning on doing as many as they could to give the horses the best possible experience over different courses under different conditions.
 
Romeo wasn't quite as quick on his feet as Shini, his larger frame not being quite so easy to turn. What he lacked in turning ability, he made up for with the length of stride and sheer jumping ability.
 
Shini was quick on his feet, able to make sharp turns and had mastered the art of jumping on angles. Standing at sixteen hands exactly, he was by no means small, but still stood two inches shorter than his sire. What he lacked in height he more than made up for in his steely determination. His coat had begun to lighten as he grew older, the almost black being replaced with a steel gray, his mane and tail a shaded waterfall of black, gray and white.
 
As the season progressed, Heero picked up more than his fair share of placings, quite often both himself and Treize were in the same jump off, vying for a place. It was a good season, both men winning a good share of the spoils.
 
Zoe was back out on the circuit too. With Periwinkle heavily in foal to Zero, Zoe had begun to work on Lionheart, the bay she'd bought from Treize a while ago. Heero was delighted to see the bay out again, not to mention Zoe. He'd had a soft spot for the horse when he'd been training him. Lion had always shown talent and Heero had secretly felt the bay would be an international level horse if given the time to mature and brought along slowly in his education. When Zoe had bought him, Heero couldn't have been happier. He knew Zoe was a talented enough rider to bring out the very best in the bay and now his predictions were coming true.
 
Whilst Zoe lived to the north of Heero and attended most of the shows up that way, they did tend to cross paths at some of the larger shows that were around the halfway mark between their respective residences.
 
It was during one such show that Heero and Duo got to meet Michael, one of the other former Olympic team members. Unfortunately for Michael, Crackerjack had injured himself during a large competition on the European circuit. He'd overextended himself and pulled several muscles, putting him out of competition for several weeks. Rather than stay in Europe with nothing to ride, Michael decided to pack up and return home to Australia. The fact he was missing Zoe had nothing to do with his decision at all, of course!
 
Zoe had been delighted to have her boyfriend back and the pair had resumed their relationship. Although they had only been together as a couple for the past six months, the relationship had deepened and blossomed.
 
Michael decided to stay in Australia and pursue his dream of running his own stud, breeding good horses and teaching riders on the side. It was something similar to what Treize was doing, only Michael would be doing it all by himself, he didn't have someone like Relena 'in partnership' with him, so to speak. He'd looked around for a decent property and finally purchased one not far from Zoe. It was a hundred acres of rolling turf, had the facilities he was looking for and a medium sized house which the stable complex, schooling paddocks and working areas lay directly behind.
 
Once he had his financial future secure, Michael moved on to the second stage of his plan. Heero, Duo, Treize and Zoe were all competing in the A grade championships being held at the Sandown show grounds. It was one of the bigger shows and the selectors for the Nations Cup team would be in attendance. Both Treize and Heero were doing their best to be selected for the team shortlist and knew they had to give outstanding performances.
 
The three of them had already completed their first rounds, all going clear and were now waiting for the jump off to commence. Heero was talking softly to Duo, his ever present shadow. Treize was walking Romeo around, the bay not wanting to stand still. Zoe was staring at the course, absently running it through her head when Michael appeared through the milling horses and riders in the collecting ring. Zoe was delighted to see him and let him know by kissing him soundly, much to Michael's embarrassment.
 
The jump off course was a twisty one, if you wanted to get a good time. You could take the longer route, but then you would get a slower time. Heero had already decided to go the shorter way and risk taking a couple of the jumps at angles. He was quietly confident that Shini would come through for him. Treize was also planning on taking the shorter route, trusting Romeo to also angle jump and make up time with his stride rather than try to cut corners too much.
 
Zoe was just going to give it her best shot and see what happened. Lion was a confident jumper and able to take fences on angles; he also had a good turn of speed when needed.
 
The jump off commenced, the first two riders not having a lot of luck and coming out with four faults each. Treize went well, clearing everything and setting a fast time to beat. Heero followed with Shini and the challenge was met. Shini jumped everything Heero put him at, his gray ears pricked and muscles straining as he cut corners, dodged between fences and took seemingly impossible angles.
 
Heero beat Treize's time by half a second.
 
Zoe was the last to go and determined to show the men how it should be done. Lion started out steady, picking up his pace as he cleared jump after jump. He spun on his hindquarters, took jumps at angles and seemingly grew wings as he flew around the course. He flashed through the finish flags to beat Heero by two hundredths of a second.
 
The three reentered the arena to collect their rosettes and prize money, smiling and laughing amongst themselves. The rivalry was a good one, all knowing that the next show could easily see the tables turned. Zoe accepted her blue rosette and envelope with grace, smiling at the judge and thanking him. A large, silver cup was also presented, Zoe nearly dropping it as she took it from the sponsor. She didn't realize it was so heavy.
 
Once Heero had his red rosette and Treize his white one, the trio did a lap of honor and left the arena to reunite with their respective 'support' teams in the collecting ring.
 
Duo was grinning from ear to ear and enthusiastically stuffed Shinigami full of carrots, the gray slobbering them everywhere as he greedily accepted the orange treats. Joe was patting Romeo and congratulating Treize. Michael was busy petting Lion and congratulating his girlfriend who was still on an adrenaline high.
 
Micheal asked to see the cup Zoe had won and whistled at the weight of the thing. He turned it over in his hands, appraising the elegance of the design. Turning his back slightly on Zoe who was dismounting and loosening Lion's girth, he slipped his hand into his pocket and fiddled with the cup for a moment.
 
Zoe ran her stirrups up, loosened the girth and turned around as Michael went to pass her the cup back.
 
“Nice cup,” he said, an odd look on his face.
 
Zoe took the cup and glanced from Michael to the cup and then froze. Her eyes looked back at the cup and a shaking hand reached inside to pluck something from within. “Michael?” she questioned. She lifted the small, velvet box from within and opened it. A solitaire diamond ring sparkled back at her. “Oh shit!”
 
Hearing the expletive coming from their friend, Duo, Heero, Treize and Joe all paused and turned to look at Zoe, wondering what on earth was the matter. Seeing the velvet box and Zoe's shaking hand, they began to put two and two together.
 
Michael cleared his throat and looked Zoe in the eye. “Zoe, I know we've only been together for a short while, but during that time I've discovered that I care for you a lot more than I ever thought I'd care for anyone. Being apart from you is sheer torment, I count the hours until we can be together again. I hate being apart from you and I'd like to spend the rest of my life with you, if you'll have me. Zoe, would you do me the honor of becoming my wife?”
 
The tears began to well in Zoe's eyes as she listened to Michael's speech. Her heart was hammering in her chest and her breathing was coming in short gasps. Looking once more from the ring to Michael, she found her voice. “I'd love to marry you, Michael.”
 
Suddenly the air erupted into whistles, cheers and calls of congratulations. Zoe jerked and looked around her. She'd forgotten all about her friends and the fact that they were still in the collecting ring. Beaming faces surrounded her and Michael and she blushed, realizing they had all heard the proposal and her acceptance.
 
“Congratulations!” Duo shook Michael's hand and then took Zoe in a hug.
 
“Good for you,” said Heero as he smiled and shook the man's hand. Turning to Zoe, he smiled again and gave the woman a hug. “You make a great couple.”
 
“Thank you, Heero.” Zoe was still floating in a haze of euphoria. The adrenaline and happiness at winning the championship was still coursing through her and she had yet to accept it; add to that Michael's proposal and Zoe was sure she must be in the middle of a dream.
 
“About time you made an honest woman out of her,” Treize chuckled as he offered his congratulations to the pair.
 
Michael grinned, Zoe didn't know whether to be affronted or not. In the end she simply hugged Treize. “Thank you.”
 
“So, when's the big day gonna be?” asked Duo with a cheeky grin.
 
Both Michael and Zoe looked a little stunned. “I have no idea,” replied Zoe and turned to look at Michael.
 
Michael put his hands up in the air in mock surrender. “Hey, don't go looking at me, I haven't thought or planned past the part of asking you to marry me.”
 
Chuckling, Zoe looked at the group of assembled friends. “I guess we have a lot to talk about, but rest assured, I'll let you all know when the date of the wedding is set. You will all come?”
 
“Wouldn't miss it for the world,” replied Treize.
 
“Just try to stop us,” Heero said with a smile.
 
“Good.” Zoe's grin was wide enough to rival one of Duo's.
 
“We should get this horse back to the float and head home,” said Michael. “It's getting late and we have a long drive ahead of us, not to mention a lot to discuss.”
 
“You're right,” Zoe said softly, looking at the ring again.
 
Michael took the box from her hand and removed the ring. Taking Zoe's left hand in his, he slipped the band over her knuckles to rest at the base. The diamonds sparkled in the sunlight.
 
“If we didn't have such a long way to go too, I'd suggest we all stop off at the local tavern and have a celebratory drink,” mused Treize. “Guess we will have to do that another time.”
 
“We will make sure we do,” smiled Zoe. “I'd best get going now though. I'll be in touch with you all.”
 
Good byes were traded and the group all dispersed to ready themselves and their mounts for the trip home to their various residences.
 
* * *
 
A pair of familiar arms wrapped themselves around Heero's waist, Heero leaned back into the embrace.
 
"He's soon going to have just as large a collection as his old man," chuckled Duo, resting his chin on Heero's shoulder and gazing at the rosettes and cups that took pride of place in the display cabinet. Duo had bought a large glass door display cabinet for Heero to put all his rosettes and cups in that Zero had won. Now, Shinigami's were being added to the ever growing number. "I think I'd better invest in another of these before the overflow spills out."
 
Heero joined in with the chuckling. "He's certainly making his mark."
 
"I told you he would be a good horse. Treize did too, if I remember correctly."
 
"Hai, he did, and you did."
 
"Maybe now you'll start believing us when we tell you things?"
 
He couldn't argue with that. Both Treize and Duo had unwavering belief that Shini would be just as good if not better than Zero and would see Heero attain his dream. So far, all was pointing in that direction.
 
"If he keeps going like this, I'd say you will be a certainty for the Olympic shortlist." Duo began to feather kisses along Heero's neck.
 
Tilting his head slightly, Heero's eyes drifted half shut. "There's still a long way to go before the next Olympic selection, Duo."
 
"I know. All the more time for Shini to gain experience."
 
"The Nations Cup shortlist should be announced soon," Heero huffed out as his skin tingled.
 
"Mhmm. That's to be held next year, isn't it?"
 
"H...hai." Heero squirmed as Duo's lips and teeth found his earlobe and began to nibble and suck on it.
 
"So, Nations Cup next year, then the Olympic selection to the end of the following year, and then the Olympics after that. I'd say you have just short of three years to make sure Shinigami is at his peak. If anyone can do that, you can." Duo didn't give Heero a chance to respond, he turned his lover around in his arms and proceeded to kiss him tenderly. Lips joined, tongues explored and Duo's hands began to rub up and down Heero's back.
 
Heero closed his eyes and let the sensations wash over him. His body tingled with Duo's touch and he ached for actual skin to skin contact. Breaking apart from the kiss, Heero's blue eyes gazed deeply into the violet of his lover. "Please, make love to me."
 
A warm smile played over Duo's lips and he dove in for another, sweet kiss. Separating again, Duo gently took Heero's hand and led him through to the bedroom. The array of stuffed animals adorning the comforter were soon removed and the comforter pulled back. Kissing his partner again, Duo eased them down to the mattress and rolled them until they were lying side by side.
 
Breaking the kiss, Duo kept eye contact, his hand coming up to cup Heero's cheek and rub his thumb over the prominent cheek bone. "I love you, Heero."
 
"Love you too, Duo," Heero responded and leaned into the caress.
 
They continued to kiss, lazily exploring each others mouth and simply enjoying the intimacy. Duo's hands continued to roam over Heero's back, rubbing over the muscles until he could bear it no longer. He reached for Heero's shirt buttons and began to undo them. The shirt fluttered open and Duo quickly took advantage, his fingers finding a nipple and teasing at it.
 
Heero's hand rested upon Duo's hip, the other trapped beneath Duo's torso. Eager to return some of the affection, Heero snaked his hand underneath Duo's t-shirt and began to trace patterns over the creamy flesh.
 
With the heat beginning to rise in both their bodies, shirts were removed and explorations continued. Duo's mouth began to wander, kissing down Heero's neck and across his collarbone until he found a nipple and latched on.
 
New sensations washed through Heero, his body coming alive with each touch to his sensitive flesh. Between his legs his excitement grew, the ache not unpleasant, but needing attention. Whilst Duo feasted upon Hero's chest, he allowed his hands to continue to wander, finally settling upon Heero's groin and the swelling flesh beneath.
 
A low moan escaped as Heero thrust up into the teasing touch. "More," he begged.
 
Leaving the nipple for a moment, Duo reached between them and quickly divested Heero of his jodhpurs, the tight material giving him a bit of a tussle but he managed to finally yank them off. Heero's briefs followed and the rider lay naked upon the bed. Duo's eyes drank in the sight before swooping in to steal another kiss.
 
When the kiss broke, Heero's hands were at Duo's hips, deft fingers undoing the vet's jeans and tugging them off. Duo's boxers followed and Heero allowed himself a moment to gaze in awe at his lover's incredible body. "God, you're beautiful," Heero murmured.
 
"And you're intoxicating," Duo replied as he pushed himself against Heero and rubbing their erections together.
 
Heero gasped and thrust back. "Take me," he pleaded. "I need you."
 
With a soft smile and another kiss, Duo scrabbled under the pillow for the lube and popped the top. Fingers coated in the slippery substance, he traced those digits along Heero's cleft to tease the tiny entrance.
 
Squirming and wriggling, Heero began to pant as he sought more stimulation. He tried to push back against Duo and succeeded in gaining a little more stimulation.
 
Sliding one finger inside the tight channel, Duo began to prepare his lover. One finger teased, stroked and stretched the anal ring, a second following soon after. Once three fingers were inside and moving freely, Duo deemed Heero ready for him and carefully withdrew. That caused a growl to come from his lover's throat. "I'll be inside you in a moment, Heero," Duo soothed and began to slick his cock with the lube.
 
Once he was completely coated, Duo tossed the tube to the side and lowered himself between Heero's spread thighs. He positioned himself at Heero's entrance and rubbed the tip of his cock against the hole. "Ready for me?"
 
"Always."
 
A steady forward push soon saw Duo's cock disappear into Heero's channel, the muscles relaxing and accepting him inside. The slide in continued until Duo was buried to the hilt. He paused for a moment to catch his breath and steady his rapid heart rate. Once he had control again, he began to retreat.
 
Heero raised his legs and wrapped them around Duo's hips, pulling his lover deeper inside and giving small moans of pleasure to encourage his lover to continue.
 
Duo started off slow, sliding in and out with ease and gradually building up the momentum as Heero's body relaxed further. Soon they were moving together on the bed, Duo's hips pistoning whilst Heero rose to meet every inward thrust and strive to pull more of his lover inside.
 
It was hard, hot and heavy, each man drawing his pleasure from the other. A slight twist of Duo's hips and he struck Heero's prostate causing Heero to cry out his desire. Knowing he wasn't going to last much longer, Duo reached between their heaving bodies and found Heero's cock. Fingers curled around the shaft and he began to pump.
 
Heero's hands scrabbled to find purchase, one ending up fisting the bed sheets, the other digging into Duo's back hard enough that there would be bruising later. His hips danced with his partner's, seeking more pleasure, pleasure that came with every few strokes as his prostate was brushed over. His orgasm began to rise, unfurling and pulsing through him. With a keening cry, Heero fell into oblivion, seed escaping his cock head and coating his belly and Duo's hand.
 
Duo was right behind. His climax tore through him, a cry of pure ecstasy escaping his mouth as the force of his release hit him and he welcomed the pleasure.
 
They rode their respective orgasms to the fullest, each wave passing through them and causing shudders, whimpers and shivers of delight. Once it was all over, Duo slumped against Heero who dropped his legs and cuddled his lover close to his chest.
 
"That was amazing," Heero murmured, still dazed from his high.
 
"I'd have to agree with you there," Duo grunted in reply. He was still in a state of euphoria. As his cock softened, Duo slid from inside Heero's body but remained sprawled across his lover.
 
Neither man felt the need to move, the intimacy of the moment bonding them together and gradually they both drifted off to sleep.
 
~ * ~
 
tbc...