Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Fair ❯ The Break Up ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Gundam Fair

AN: This is an early attempt at a really serious non-lemon story. (However it inadvertently became humour, as is the typical trend to my writing.) I found it in my room and thought I would post it to see what people thought. There's more but it was getting too long so, I'll post a second chapter. This was my very first Gundam Wing-only fanfic, but it wasn't my first Gundam Wing fic, I had written a really big crossover story with almost every anime character from the time we (me & Aislin) started to when we stopped. So enjoy, and don't complain if you didn't like it. Or complain, I always like a good laugh when people take humour seriously. (P.S. Edited and revised by Aislin Oriel. Several parts co-written by Aislin Oriel.)

Disclaimer: I don't own these characters, I just write unbelievable stories that revolve around them. I also don't own the Western Fair or the Mandarin.

Chapter One

"Trowa, what do you want to do today?" Quatre asked his bestest friend in the whole wide world.

"I don't know. How about we all go to the fair?" Trowa answered in a very usual way. "I hear there's one at the western fair ground this week." He looked in the direction of the other guys.

"I was going to ask all you guys to go!" Duo jumped up without noticing he knocked over his drink. He ran off to his room crying.

"What's wrong with him?" Heero asked from where he was cleaning his gun.

"I would never go to a fair with you guys." Wufei snorted in complaint and then filled Heero in, "He just jealous that Trowa ask us before he could."

"Oh great, just what we need - a jealous Duo." Trowa said, "Duo, if you want to come, we're leaving!" he shouted towards Duo's room. As the 4 guys walked out of the building, you could hear Duo running after them. Technically you could hear the jingling of many coins, because he had a giant change purse in his hand.

At The Western Fair (well, the gates at least)_____________________________

"We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz!" Quatre had sung this song the whole time they walked.

"Finally, we're here!" Heero slapped Quatre to shut him up. "Now be a good little boy, and Trowa will get you some cotton candy."

"Oh goody cotton candy! Can it be blue?" He jumped up and down with joy. He looked up, "I've never noticed that before."

"Four adults and one child, please." Trowa told the man behind the counter.

"That will be 85 dollars and 50 cents." the man behind the counter replied.

Trowa handed him the money. "Thank you!" All 5 of them walked through the gates. Inside there was so much to do that the guys decided to split up. Trowa and Quatre went towards the "Swan Boat" rides, Heero towards the gun games, Duo towards the kiddie rides and Wufei towards the roller coaster.

When they were done and had met back up, Heero had a hand full of teddy bears, Wufei carried a puke bag, Duo bounced with a balloon and Trowa and Quatre were hand in hand. (Most likely as a safety caution, and not to be read into.)

"Hey we still have 5 more tickets, what do you guys want to do with them?" Trowa asked the rest of the pilots.

"Hey let's go on the bumper cars!" Duo answered.

"Cool." Everyone said together. All the pilots stood in line for the bumper cars. "Hey guys, look it's the girls."

"We're having a day of fun." Dorothy told the guys in a very mean tone.

"We were bored and the fair seemed a good thing to do." Catherine corrected her. "It's almost our turn and it looks like we're going together."

"Tickets!" the man asked Relena handed him 5 and Trowa handed him the other 5. "Thank you." They all got in a bumper car and went after each other. "You're not going to get away." Wufei screamed at Sally Po.

"Leave my man alone, you little freak!" Dorothy yelled at Quatre.

"Hey watch it!" Catherine screamed. "I need him in one piece." She charged at Dorothy.

"Hey you two, this isn't why we're here." Relena tried to bring peace between the two of them.

"SHUT UP!" They both screamed and turned and charged at her. "Hahaha!"

"Relena! Hey leave her alone!" Heero demanded.

"Thanks, but it doesn't matter to me." Relena called over to him as she steered away. The two of them chased her around for 5 minutes before the ride was over.

"That was fun." Duo stated. "Do you girls want to come over?"

"Sure," Hilde answered.

"Hey there will be no weak women in our apartment." Wufei complained.

"Be quiet!" Heero slapped him. (He seems to be on a slapping bout…) "Let's go."

The Pilots' Apartment________________________________________________

"Do you want something to drink?" Quatre asked the girls.

"Cola, please," Relena answered.

"Ginger Ale,"

"Me too,"

"Me too,"

"Root Beer," Dorothy replied. Quatre left to get their drinks.

"You guys clean this place up nice." Sally said kindly.

"Thanks, I've always wondered why you were never invited up…" Duo thought out loud.

Quatre returned, "Here are your drinks." He handed out everyone drink, even drinks for the guys. (Obviously memorized.)

"Thanks Kiddo." Trowa said. He took his drink and went and sat down next to Dorothy. "How are you girls?"

"Are you comfortable? I try to keep the place as welcoming as possible," Quatre chimed in, sitting on a pillow on the floor since there were no sofas left.

"It's pretty nice, especially because he's here." Relena wrapped her arm around Heero.

"Hey what are you doing?" Heero shouted, taken aback by human contact that wasn't his palm against someone's face. "Get off me!" He shot up from where he was sitting.

"You're screwed up." Duo said, "Why you don't except a girls love?"

"Yeah! It's only natural for a man and a stalker to fall in love," Hilde told Heero seriously. Most people nodded in agreement.

"Hey, I'm not a stalker!" Relena threw Hilde a hurt look.

"I hate to admit it Relena, but you kind of are." Heero hid in the corner.

"Fine then, I'll go!" Relena got up and left.

"Heero, go after her buddy." Duo pushed Heero towards the door. "Go tell her you're sorry." Heero walked out the door, not quite sure why, but it probably had something to do with how he hated being around them all. He stopped in front of the elevator and pushed the down button. 1 minute later the elevator opened and he pushed the 1st floor button. It took another minute to get downstairs. He didn't have anything else to do, so he figured he might as well take Duo's advice, however insane it sounded.

The Apartment Lobby________________________________________________

'I can't believe they think I'm a stalker.' Relena thought to herself.

"Relena! Stop!" Heero walked off the elevator. "I shouldn't have said that about you." Then finished by mumbling, "Even if it was true."

"What was that?" she asked, unable to understand his last sentence

"It doesn't matter. Relena, I'm sorry. I know nothing about male/female relations." Heero sat down on the couch and Relena joined him. "I never asked to meet you, but I did, and since then my life has been very different."

"Oh Heero, that's so lovely… I think." Relena looked into his eyes. She leaned in and kissed him briefly, "I love you."

"Ye…ah" Heero stumbled.

"Hey guys, do you want to go out to dinner?" Quatre asked from by the elevator with the others, "It's on me!" he pulled out his MasterCard™.

"Sure," Heero jumped up.

The Mandarin (a restaurant)___________________________________________

"Welcome, how many in your group?" the waiter asked.

"There are 10 of us." Quatre answered. "Non-Smoking, please."

"This way, please." He led them to this small but big dining room. (Yup.) All the couples sat together, females on the opposite side of the males. "Do you know what you would all like to drink?"

"3 diet colas, 3 colas, 1 root beer and 3 cream sodas, please."

"I'll be right back." he left towards the bar and return with 10 drinks.

"Do you know what you would like to eat tonight?"

"We would like 8 egg rolls, Chicken fried rice, Shrimp friend rice, vegetable fried rice, mushroom friend rice, sweet & sour balls, Chicken Lo Mein, coleslaw and 2 orders of fortune cookies, please." Quatre told the waiter, without consulting anyone, but using his innate motherly ability to know just what everyone would like. The blond boy flashed him an award-winning smile.

"I will be back with you food," the waiter smiled (fakely) before he left to go to the kitchen.

"Heero, can I talk to you over there while we wait?" Relena pointed to a table for two in the corner.

"I guess," he said, trying not to groan. They both got up and sat down at the other table. "What do you want?" he asked hurriedly.

"Do you remember, what I told you before?" she paused, "You didn't reply."

"Oh… I don't remember." he looked at her, "I think Duo's calling me." He moved quickly back to their table, leaving her sitting there all alone.

"What was that all about buddy?" Duo asked.

"You know women, they're always so insane." Wufei butted in.

Heero merely huffed in annoyance.

"Oh I see. What did you do this time?"

Heero looked towards Relena, "She said she loved me and… I said," he paused, "Yeah."

"Okay," Duo thought for a moment, "Okay, you're screwed. I'd really hate to be you."

"You know I don't express my feelings that easily."

The waiter returned with their food (after 3 trips) and Relena joined the table. Heero left the party an hour early.