Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Fair ❯ The Makeup ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Gundam Fair

Disclaimer: I don't own these characters, I just write unbelievable stories that revolve around them. I also don't own the Pop tarts™ or David Usher.

Chapter Two

At Relena's Apartment…

­­­­­­­­­ 73;­­­

"Bye Girls," Relena unlocked her front door and opened it up to reveal a path of lilacs outlined by candles. Several long-stemmed calla lilies lay strewn along the path. "Oh my-"

In the background she could hear the gentle sound of rain. She closed and locked her door quietly, knowing that only one person knew that calla lilies were her favourite flower. Relena followed the path to her bathroom. She pushed open her door to find the bathtub filled with lavender bubbles. There was a note written in the fog on the mirror. 'Take a bath and relax.' She did what the note told her, for it was in the familiar hand that she had seen once before on paper - her 17th birthday. Two years before.

5 minutes into her bath, none other than Heero walked in with a silk bathrobe folded neatly in his hand. Relena was modestly submerged in bubbles, but a slight blush developed on her cheeks.

"Here, after you're done, you can return to your room for a, uh, surprise." He left, leaving the robe and a towel next to the tub.

"This is so relaxing," she laid her head back and rested for a few more minutes. But she couldn't help but wonder exactly what was going on…

She dried herself off and placed the robe on, then walked through the adjoining door to her room. There she found that Heero was waiting for her with strawberries and chocolate sauce.

"Oh Heero," She sprawled comfortably across bed covered in lilac petals. He dipped a strawberry in chocolate and rubbed it on her lips. He then placed the strawberry in her mouth and kissed her, biting off the top of the strawberry.

The Next Morning…

Relena rolled over to find an empty space where Heero had been sleeping. She could smell a delicious smell coming from the kitchen.

"Wow, that smells good." Relena tied up her robe and followed the smell. "Hello?" she opened the swinging kitchen door to find Heero cooking a traditional English breakfast, along with chocolate Pop Tarts™.

"Good morning, I cooked you some breakfast," he gestured around, slightly proud of his achievements. (Occasionally watching Quatre had helped him find his way around the kitchen.) "Sit down and have some freshly squeezed orange juice." Heero lead her to a fancy table setting and poured her a drink. "Would you like your eggs over-easy, and sausages or bacon?" he asked in a strange, almost automated even for him, voice. He sure was acting silly.

"No, and both please." Relena looked at Heero and laughed at how funny he looked in that apron.

"Alright, then that will be a few minutes." Heero put sausages and bunch of bacon on 2 plates. "How did you sleep?"

"Fine, and you?"

"Okay, just to be near you is great." he smirked and put eggs on their plates. "Here it is." There were potatoes, bacon, sausage, eggs, toast and strawberries off to the side. "Enjoy."

They both ate their breakfast quietly, staring at the other. After they were finished, Relena changed into some clothes.

"What do you want to do today?"

"I would like to go see David Usher play." Relena pulls out the western fair concert calendar.

"Okay, tonight we'll go see David Usher." Heero looked at his watch, "I'll pick you up at six and we'll get something to eat before the show. I need to run some more errands before then."

She nodded. Inside she was giggling.

The Pilots' Apartment…

"I wonder where Heero went last night after dinner…" Duo pondered out loud to his friends.

"Probably to apologize to Relena-" Wufei snapped. "No one ever really understands women."

"Wufei, that is why you will never ever have a wife and child. You will be the last of your family line. Never again will you have descendents." Trowa explained to the women-hating man. The sound of the door being unlocked could be heard in the background. It opened quietly.

"Where you been buddy?" Duo jumped around Heero almost hyperactively.

"Out, why?" he asked suspiciously,

"You were gone all night."

"So, what? You're not my keeper."

"Okay then…"

"Hey Heero, how are you?" Trowa asked.

"I'm okay."

"Oh Heero, I think you have an e-mail, I saw it on your laptop when I was cleaning your room." Quatre piped up.

Heero threw his jacket on a chair and walked to his room. He clicked a sequence of buttons, and with a flash, the message popped up on his screen.

Dear Mr. Yuy,

We regret to inform you but we were unable to follow through with your request. We are undoubtedly sure that you would be a great improvement to our team, but we are not looking for help at this present time.

"Rejected again. Why can't I get a normal job?" Heero slammed his fist on the keyboard.

"Are you okay Heero?" Quatre asked as he walked by the door.

"I'm fine." Heero hit delete on the screen and the e-mail disappeared.

"You know, if you need a job you could always come work for me." Quatre walked into the room, "You'd have a great salary."

"What would I be doing?" Heero gave him a quizzical look.

"You'd be my…" he paused to think about it, "My assistant."

"Huh?"

"This way you have same schedule as I do, and only have to do small things for me."

"Fine," Heero got up and walked out to the door, "I'm going shopping. I'll be back."

"Don't forget the milk!" Duo screamed as Heero walked out the door.