Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Night Star ❯ Letting of Some Steam ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 3

"Now have I been cross-examined enough? Or do you want to do a strip-search as well?" Ranshi replied.

"I-I don't believe that's n-necessary" Quatre stammered, blushing at the thought.

"Good" She replied.

A few days later.

Heero, Ranshi & Quatre were outside at the pool. Ranshi relaxing on an inflatable raft, Quatre swimming a few laps and Heero in a lounge chair typing away at his new laptop, courtesy of Quatre.

Heero checked his email and noticed one from someone called Jdogg (1) with a subject reading: S3y6. (2)

He clicked on the message and answered the prompts asking for a password. The message was just as confusing as the subject line, a jumble of letters and numbers with foreign words sporadically placed throughout. Heero read through the mail, then deleted it and closed the laptop.

He looked over at Ranshi and called out "Ranshi, go get Trowa. You two have a mission."

"Got'cha" she answered, then slipped over the side of the raft and swam to the ladder.

Ranshi and Trowa were waiting outside the OZ base, carefully camoflauged.

Ranshi was steaming. "Damn that Peacecraft girl! Beacause of her and her unscheduled visit we have to sit here and wait 'til she finishes her pointless speeches and leaves!!" She slammed her fist down on the console in front of her.

"Calm down. It can't be long now." Trowa replied fixing her with a collected gaze.

"Do you know how annoying it is that you can stay that calm right now? I'm alternating between being bored out of my mind and wanting to run in there and stomp that girl under NS's foot."

Trowa smiled subtly at that thought and Ranshi beamed with pride that she managed to make the stoic pilot smile, however faintly.

It didn't last for long, at that moment a pink plane lifted off from the base.

"That would be Relena's. Let's move out." Trowa said.

" 'Bout damn time." Ranshi replied then said one last thing before she closed the communications screen, "Do you have any idea how handsome you are when you smile?" She smirked as he was left to think about the statement.

<**> I suck at fight scenes so blah blah blah use your imagination and la la the battle's over, Trowa and Ranshi win, and it's back to Quatre's<**>

(An: If anyone's feels like filling in this space feel free to and e-mail me at DarianaOniko@wmconnect.com and I'll add it in and give you my undying gratitude and all the credit you deserve and then some. Plus punch...and pie....yes, punch and pie.)

"Well, that was just a happy fun time, wasn't it?" Ranshi said, walking toward the dining room with Trowa.

"Happy fun time?" Trowa asked.

"What? I'm not allowed to say stupid things?" She asked.

Trowa shrugged. "You just don't seem the type to say things like 'happy fun time'."

They strolled into the room where the other pilots were.

"Yo everyone!" Ranshi said, plopping down in a chair and grabbing some of the snacks that had been prepared.

"Is the mission accomplished?" Heero asked.

Trowa nodded.

"That's a roger cap'n" Ranshi replied, saluting and taking a bite of a chocolate covered cherry.

Heero raised an eyebrow.

"She's been like this since we completed the mission." Trowa said.

Ranshi looked at him and blinked. "Like what? I've been like what?"

"Cheerful. You're usually growling at everyone and throwing things at Duo." Quatre said.

Ranshi shrugged. "I just needed to get rid of some steam. Now that I have, you'll find I'm alot easier to get along with." She winked at them and bit into an apple. She finished that then stood up and stretched her arms above her head.

"Well I feel like some muscles need to be loosened up, so I'm off to see the hot tub." She walks off humming 'I'm Off to See the Wizard' from the Wizard of Oz.

"Odd Woman." Wufei stated.

Heero nodded.

"She's strange and a tad violent but she definentely knows how to handle her Gundam." Trowa replied.

"I think we should get rid of her." Duo put in.

"You just don't like her because she keeps hitting you." Quatre told him.

Wufei stared at her retreating figure, eyes narrowed in thought.

Ranshi leaned back in the comforting heat of the jacuzzi.

"Mmm, How did I ever live without this kind of treatment?" she said as a random servant brought her a tray of assorted fruits and black cherry flavored water. She closed her eyes and was close to sleep until a sound nearby jolted her up. She quickly glanced around until she spotted a familiar Chinese pilot.

"Can you warn me when you're going scare the hell outta me?" she said, relaxing again.

Wufei sat down in a chair beside the jacuzzi and crossed his arms.

"So what can I help you with, Sweetheart?" Ranshi asked.

"Don't call me Sweetheart again for starters."

"Sweetie?"

He glared.

"No."

"Fine" she sighed "no nicknames."

"Tell me why you're here." Wufei commanded.

"Hu-wha?" Ranshi replied, sitting up to face him.

"Why are you here? You show up one day and expect us to trust you simply because you have a Gundam. Yet, you have offered no explanation as to why exactly you were sent. Women such as you have no place on the battlefield."

Ranshi's right eye ticked.

"Women have just as much right to fight as men. When it comes to combat women are no different than any man!" she yelled, standing up and placing her fists on her hips.

"There is one reason they do not belong. Women are far too emotional. Not only that but women are far weaker than men."

Ranshi cracked her neck and stepped out of the jacuzzi. She placed her hands on her hips and leaned foreward to look Wufei in the eye.

"Oh really?"

She stood up straight, quickly brought her fist around and punched him square on the nose, kocking him and the chair sideways into the jacuzzi.

"How's that for weak, Sweetheart?"

Wufei looked up at her, holding his bloody nose in his hand. He glared viciously, climbed out of the jacuzzi and punched the gloating Ranshi. She was startled to say the least. Wufei grabbed a towel to wipe off his nose and turned to face her again. He stared at her a moment then began chuckling slightly. She was a pretty amusing sight, spralled out on wet concrete in a black bikini, which left little to the imagination, long black hair splayed around her and her hands grasping her nose.

She stood in a huff and growled.

"It's not funny! And you're not supposed to hit a girl!"

"And why not? You said it yourself 'women are no different than men'." he replied with a superior tone. "If you want to be treated no differently than a man, then so be it."

"I didn't say that! I said 'when it comes to combat women are no different'. I'm proud that I'm a woman and I like to be treated as such, except during battle. Once a battle begins, gender makes no difference."

"We shall see, Onna."

"Don't call me Onna. I have a name, you know."

"I'll call you what I wish, Onna."

"Well, then I can call you what I wish, Sweetheart."

Wufei glared at her as she smiled innocently and adjusted her bikini top.

(1) Jdogg = Dr. J :a friend thought of this and I just thought it was funny.

(2) S3y6 = S is abbrieviation of Shisetsu, which according to my Japanese dictionary, means 'mission' and 3 for 03 AKA Trowa, 6 for 06 AKA Ranshi and y is Spanish for 'and'.