Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Wing: Psychosis ❯ The Gundam called Death ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Notes: Well, you can expect things to go differently after this. Not too big a difference that the story will go haywire, but different enough... Heheheh.... I love being the writer.

Oh, I also do own Jamie, cause she is one of my original characters. I would say that this Relena is also one of my creations, as Relena, the real one, could and would not do a lot of things mine can and will. Or rather had.

------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------

Operation Meteor is an operation created by the colonies to fight back against the oppression of the United Earth Sphere Alliance (EUSA). Five mobile suits made from the strongest substance known to man, Gundanium, and with the base blueprints of the legendary Mobile Suit known as Gundams, bring hope to the colonies for a brighter future promised by their dead leader, Heero Yuy.

Unfortunately, this plan was discovered by the UESA, and a race against time begins as Oz, the secret police force behind WF, also steps up its timetable to take advantage of Operation Meteor. Hiding behind the mask of honor and peace, the OZ leader Treize Khushrenada decides that this is a perfect opportunity to reveal OZ's true identity to the world and beyond, and establishing themselves as leader of the known universe.

Unknown to either faction, a third force has slowly begun their agenda of peace and destruction with it's own Gundam made from technology of the past. Built by a hidden power, its goals are shadowy at best, and even more obscure than those of OZ.

It is After Colony 195, and powers that seek peace in their own image are about to create a turning point in human history as their forces clash and wars flare all across the known universe. A time of chaos and beginnings, to bring an end of the past.

Gundam Wing: Psychosis
Chapter 4: The Gundam called Death

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

In the underwater vessel commanded by Zechs, launch sequences were being prepared while sonar and other equipment were used to search for the downed Gundam.

"Lt. Zechs," one of the officers reported, "we've got a metallic response at 180,000 ft. below the surface."

"Alright then." Zechs commanded. "Launch Cancer and Pisces."

"Sir!" the officer that reported the finding said. "Please, let me go."

"Are you sure?" Zechs asked, concerned about his crew. "Underwater is more difficult than up in space."

"I understand." The officer solemnly said. "But I'd like to do this myself."

Zechs thought for a moment. His mind was running around the fact that the Gundam might still be dangerous, even if it was missing it's its pilot, but in the end, he ave in to the rational side of his thoughts. "All right." He said. "Good luck."

Secretly, he thought "You may need it."

------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------

"Stand by." The officer from the command bridge said as he activated the systems in his Pisces.

"After Pisces," he commanded, "Cancer will be launched. I will be in charge."

"Roger!" the pilots of the Cancers reported as the Pisces was launched.

Right after, a pair of Cancers was set into place and dropped into the ocean. The trio dove through the water and were about to correct their settings when their radar picked up multiple Marine Mobile Suits heading towards the last known location of the Gundam.

"Lt. Zechs," the second Cancer pilot said through the communication channels, "it's the Marines Mobile Suits."

"Damn that Commander!" Zechs swore. "Did he read my mind?"

Just as he was about to tell the pilots that he was going to distract the Commander while they got away with the loot, a distant explosion was heard. It took Zechs a second before he realized that he was hearing it from the communication with the pilot.

"An Explosion?" he asked, a bit bewildered.

The voice of the officer from before reported, "The Mobile Suits behind us are being destroyed one after another!"

"Stop the ship." Zechs ordered the helmsmen before turning back to the comm. system and demanding, "I want to know what's going on!"

A few more explosions were heard across the comm. link. Shockwaves scrambled the lines for a moment before Zechs regained contact.

"What about the Pisces and Cancer?" the officer asked, gesturing vaguely towards the Marine Mobile Suits.

"We'll let them go on ahead." Zechs said, snapping at his officers for more readout on the situation. Looking at the radar, he muttered, "What is happening...?"

--------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------


A pair of Cancers operated by the Marine officers were dodging the bubbles that suddenly appeared. Shining his forward light into the haze, he cautiously inched forward.

As the bubble cleared, only debris from MS that was in front appeared before him. He quickly patched in a comm. channel to the Marine. "Enemy attack! An unidentified enemy has..." And that was all he could get before a green flash zoomed across his screen and cut through the entire MS, causing it to explode.

--------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------

In the aircraft carrier above, the officers were frantic as they kept receiving getting reports of their MS exploding and under enemy attack.

"We've lost contact with all the Mobile Suits!" The communications officer yelled across the room.

The Commander stood still for a moment before issuing an order. "Drop all the depth charges into the area!"

"But Lt. Zechs' undersea carrier is also down there!" another officer exclaimed, a bit nervous at attacking an OZ carrier.

"I don't care!" replied the commander. "That weasel might be the one *responsible* for this mess! FIRE!!"

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

In Zechs' underwater carrier, the crew members were feeling the shockwaves of the depth charges all over their bodies.

"The fleet opened fire!" a soldier reported.

"What is he doing?!" Zechs nearly yelled in frustration.

"I hear explosions!" The pilot of the Cancer shouted through the comm. channel. "What is going on?"

"Be careful," Zechs said into the mike, "the enemy seems to be in the area."

"You mean... that Gundam is still functional?"

"I don't think so." Zechs replied, a bit uncertainly. "But watch for it."

"Yes sir."

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

On the aircraft carrier, the Commander was gloating over how the enemy unit must have been destroyed. "How was that?!" he sneered towards the window. "Nothing could have survived that massive attack!"

Laughing a bit, he was about to turn around to order his officers to open a channel with Zechs when suddenly an green swipe was seen trailing across the command deck of a parallel ship. "What the...?!"

Seconds later, the whole deck exploded and a MS was seen through the thinning smoke. Its black paint and glowing green scythe weapon identified it as one of the Gundams that had arrived from space.

"Die..." the the boy pilot declared. "Anyone who sees me must die."

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

At the Darlian house, Relena Darlian walked down the long staircase of her home. Her graceful movements quickly caught the eyes of everyone within the ballroom.
As soon as she felt she had everyone's attention, she stopped and said, "Thank you all for coming to my party today. I am very happy to see you all."

"Happy Birthday Relena!" Everyone exclaimed. "Happy Birthday!"

"Everyone," Relena said, near tears, "thank you."

Jamie ran up to Relena and whispered in her ear, "We'll be waiting in the back room when the party is over!"

Then, winking at Relena, she returned to the party, leaving a rather deep shade of red on the poor birthday girl's face.

Moments later, everyone had gone back to what they were doing while Christina and John Darlian walked down beside their daughter.

Christina held onto John's shoulder in a possessive grasp. "Dear," she half begged, "do you really have go leave now?" She then turned to Relena. "Can't you stay just a bit longer? For Relena?"

"Father..." Relena half whined in a soft voice.

"Relena..." John said, stroking her hair. "I'm sorry, Relena. But you know what I have to do..."

Blinking, Relena smiled warmly. "Don't be, Father. I understand." She tiptoed to kiss her father on the cheeks. "I'm not a child anymore. I haven't been for a long time. You take care of yourself. We don't..."

Just then, a folder her father was holding tipped and a few photographs slipped onto the floor. Relena and John each bent down to pick the pictures up when Relena noticed them to be pictures of a whitish red streak in the air. Just like meteorites.

"Those pictures..." Relena said as she moved her head to catch a better glimpse at her father.

Looking straight at Relena, John made a small nod as a radio nearby flared to life. "Next: According to a Defense Department spokesman, the five meteors expected to hit the Earth have apparently all burned up while entering the atmosphere." The toneless reporter droned. "Also, the conspiracy theory regarding the colony alliance turned out to be just a false rumor."

Relena glared at the radio as if her glaze could melt it. Inside her mind, a rather savage thought emerged. "A bunch of lies... I know Heero was in that falling object." It was as if a key was turned within her mind, and she could hear a small clicking sound. "But then, why would Heero be sent here to Earth?"

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

On a Bayside highway, a classmate of Relena was riding his motorbike towards the Darlian household. "Damn! I'm late for Relena's party!"

Suddenly, a siren was heard from behind as it rushed passed him. Swearing slightly, he looked into the driver's seat of what he identified as the Darlian family med unit emblem on the side and saw the new exchange student, Heero Yuy, driving.

"Was that Heero?" He wondered to himself as the disappearing speck left a small trail of dust. "It couldn't be..."

Inside the car, Heero looked at a small instrument on his watch and swore. "OZ is already on the way..." he thought. "Can I make it?"

------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------

Inside the Crescent Circus, a young man with green eyes and brown hair sticking forward in a strange manner was talking to the ringmaster. Cathrine Bloom, a brown haired, blue eyed circus performer was peeking from the tent behind them.

"What?" the ringmaster mused. "You wanna join us? You've got any experience?"

The young man gave the ringmaster a sheet of paper with the name Trowa Barton and other recommendations on it.

The ringmaster took a glance at it and snorted. "This doesn't tell me anything!"

Trowa merely turned to a cage where a lion was resting. He walked confidently towards the cage and extended his hand to the now growling lion. Behind him, the ringmaster looked at him curiously

As the lion approached, it growled at Trowa for a moment before sniffing his hand. Moments later, its face softened and it began to lick the hand.

Cathrine gasped at the courage, and the ability of this mysterious young man, and thought, "Who is he...?"

The ringmaster stared in shock as the ferocious beast became a docile animal under Trowa's hand. "How... how did you do that?" he asked, a bit awed.

Trowa petted the lion gently and said, with a distant look, "They never attack anyone who's not a threat. Animals are very straightforward."

Turning away to practice, Cathrine thought, "A strange boy..."

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

Out in the desert, camouflaged tents were set up for humans and to cover MS alike. A man dressed in a butler's uniform walked up to a sandy haired young boy, holding with a tray and a drink on it.

"Master Quatre," the butler said, "I brought you something to drink."

Quatre looked up with his teal colored eyes and nodded slightly. "Thank you. Put it over there, please."

"How do you like Earth so far?" The butler asked after putting the cup down.

"Wonderful. Great. It's really overwhelming." Quatre responded, feeling how small and insignificant he is was. "The Earth... It's so beautiful..."

---------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------

Somewhere in a forest, a truck pulled to a stop in front of a young man. He had black hair, deep black eyes, and a pale-yellowish skin complexion. In his hands he held an unidentifiable black briefcase.

A pair of men opened the doors and stepped out. One held stood besides the truck, checking out the goods, while the other one held a clipboard and walked towards the boy.

"You W?" the man asked, handing the clipboard to the boy.

The boy nodded curtly while reading the clipboard then handed over the briefcase. "Thank you."

"Where do you want me to unload the stuff?" the man besides the truck asked.

"Here's good." The man with the briefcase said while unlocking the truck with its cargo.

"Right here?" the first man asked while complying with the one with the money. "Are you sure you want to leave such an enormous amount of explosives with a boy of that age here?"

"Don't ask any questions." The man with the money says said as he opened the truck door and put the briefcase inside. "We've got our money." He then saluted sharply before saying "Good luck."

Wufei bowed politely, saying, "Sorry for your trouble."