Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Wing: Psychosis ❯ Unknown Enemies, Hidden Allies ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Notes: Ah... back from my rest...

Told you all that things would start getting 'hectic' soon.

Small point before we start. I'm using Canadian spelling... so those down there in the United States, please don't flame me over that!

*cracks knuckles* Onwards to chapter 6!

--------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------

Operation Meteor is an operation created by the colonies to fight back against the oppression of the United Earth Sphere Alliance (UESA). Five mobile suits made from the strongest substance known to man, Gundanium, and with the base blueprints of the legendary Mobile Suit known as Gundams, bring hope to the colonies for a brighter future promised by their dead leader, Heero Yuy.

Unfortunately, this plan was discovered by the UESA, and a race against time begins as Oz, the secret police force behind WF, also steps up its timetable to take advantage of Operation Meteor. Hiding behind the mask of honor and peace, the OZ leader Treize Khushrenada decides that this is a perfect opportunity to reveal OZ's true identity to the world and beyond, and establishing themselves as leader of the known universe.

Unknown to either faction, a third force has slowly begun their agenda of peace and destruction with it's own Gundam made from technology of the past. Built by a hidden power, its goals are shadowy at best, and even more obscure than those of OZ.

It is After Colony 195, and powers that seek peace in their own image are about to create a turning point in human history as their forces clash and wars flare all across the known universe. A time of chaos and beginnings, to bring an end of the past.

Gundam Wing: Psychosis
Chapter 6: Unknown Enemies, Hidden Allies.

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------


At the Khushrenada resort, Treize was currently holding a RA-93EX Assault Rifle pointed at a small target across from him.

The RA-93 "Guss Shot" assault rifle is one of the standard weapons for all UESA soldiers. OZ, technically being part of UESA, has been armed with the weapon as part of the standard weaponry, along with the RP-32 "Pacifist" Semiautomatic assault rifle.

The silver tipped RA-93 is a single barreled rifle with a maximum 200-meter range. It can be used with optical or electronic sights, and fires .30 Armor Piercing bullets. Holding a small amount of clip of 15 bullets, this weapon is the standard for snipers and support assault troopers alike.

Treize aimed carefully at the target with his EX edition of the RA-93, having 300-meters range and firing a diamond tipped bullet per shot. A second passed before suddenly Trezie's eyes seemed to contract and he fired, the bullet shooting through the 3-inch industrial grade metal armors.

"So..." Treize said to the open screen on his desk. "We are always one step behind them?"

On the viewscreen, Zechs winced at the sharp whine of the recoil, but it was hidden underneath his mask. "Their true objective is still unclear to us." He sharply replied. "It's a natural result. If you want to take a chance, the next place you should watch for is the Mediterranean base."

Trezie took aim at the metal dummy again. "Where all the Leo-types are being built." He thought over that for a moment before saying, "I'm sure the Federation Armed Forces are doing everything to find the enemy, but maybe it's time for us to give them some help."

Zechs moved some papers around and picked one up. He double checked that he'd got the right one, then said, "Sending the Middle East Aries Unit to the area is one option. However," he paused while holding up the sheet, "considering the obvious difference in the Mobile Suit's performance, it will be difficult for us to operate with the Federation Armed Forces."

"So..." Treize started when he noticed a slight ruffling in the bushes around the target. "You want to go? I can see in your expression that you want me to let you."

A pheasant suddenly dashed out of the bushes, and Treize immediately shifted his aim and shot, killing the pheasant with a bullet through the brain. "I'll be waiting for the good news, Zechs."

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

In the underwater carrier, Zechs was reviewing some troubling news. "The Cancer is a state-of-the-art Underwater Mobile Suit of the OZ. And it was no match for a Gundam."

"It's disappointing..." an officer said, eyes downcast. "Is it really so dangerous?"

"I've lost a total of five trained men of mine." Shaking his head, Zechs continued. "The loss is too great."

"Then, lieutenant," the officer asked, "what should we do?"

"We are going after every one of those Gundams." Zechs declared. "As for the investigation of the battle, let the Federation Navy take care of it."

He picked up the loose sheet of paper on information on the Gundams. Looking down, he read the preciously little amount of information that the officers had been able to relay before being destroyed. "They always do things beyond our imagination..." he thought, "They don't seem to follow the same kind of tactics we usually use..."

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

"Breath rate: 27. Pulse: 57. Body temperature: 34.5 degrees and rising..."

The steady droning of reports kept coming through the thinly opened lips of the doctor. He looked down into an adjacent room and at the young boy that had arrived from nearly drowning.

So far, he was impressed.

A young woman entered the room. Her brown curly hair and blue eyes stood out against her lush pale skin. "So, how's he doing?"

"So far," the doctor stated, "he's still unconscious, but he should be waking soon."

"Good. We need to confirm something with him, and we can't exactly read his mind, now can we?" the woman said.

The doctor chuckled and said, "That's true Sally, but we're not sure if he's going to tell us anything. From the boy's body, we can tell that he's been through quite an amount of training."

Sally cocked an eyebrow and asked, "Oh? What do you mean?"

"That boy has a body that could easily beat X if he wanted to, and not only that," the doctor said, lifting a report for Sally to read, "but he has over 200 traces of small breaks in his bone, and yet the only visible scars on his body are from the shots that he took from the guns fired that day..."

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

Inside the sealed room, Heero Yuy slowly woke to the sensation of being trapped. He closely regulated his breathing and heartbeat, being careful not to trigger the mechanical devices he knew would be there. "Am I captured...?" he thought, trying to recall the last thing he remembered. "The missiles... they must have failed."

Getting a feel on his body, he found that he was still in the clothes he had been wearing that day, but there were iron cuffs around his wrist and leg that bound him to the 'bed'. He narrowly opened his eyes, fully expecting to see an Intensive Care Unit, maybe of at the Federation Naval Hospital, but was mildly surprised to see that it was a pitch-dark room with only a marginal amount of technology, telling him that he was NOT, in fact, in any Federation Hospital.

Suddenly, a speaker squawked loudly and a female voice said, "I am Major Sally Po of the United Earth Sphere Alliance. Please, identify your mission. There is no need to hide the fact that you are awake. I repeat, we know you are awake."

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

"He's awake." The doctor said.

"How'd you know?" Sally asked, looking down onto Heero from a barely lighted control room. "I can't tell the difference."

"His eyes." The doctor simply said.

Sally looked at the closed eyes of the boy. At first, she couldn't tell anything was different, but then found that the eyes no longer moved in the erratic sweeping of REM sleep.

She grumped and said, "Guess it's time for introductions." Picking up a nearby microphone, she spoke into it. "I am Major Sally Po of the United Earth Sphere Alliance. Please, identify your mission. There is no need to hide the fact that you are awake. I repeat, we know you are awake."

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

At first, the figure down below said nothing, thinking over his options. Then, he opened his eyes and said, in a clear tone of voice, "I know you are lying. UESA," he pronounced each letter in such a way that it seemed to be a single word, "does not have any facilities like this. You haven't asked me who I am, so I will ask you now; who are you?"

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Sally frowned slightly. "This boy knows too much." She thought, pressing the 'silent' button.

"So... what are you going to tell him?" asked the doctor. "About PUDO and everything?"

Running her hand through her hair, Sally frowned. "No. I'll tell him PUDO, but I don't think X would like us to tell him any more without her consent."

The doctor shrugged. "Whatever. He's your charge."

Sally smiled and nodded. "Yup. He's going to be trouble." Then she pressed the 'silent' button again, and spoke into the mike.

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Heero was waiting patiently for his response. From the tone of the speaker's voice, he knew that she had an idea of who he was , and probably even his Gundam too. He needed to play for time until he could get it back.

"Sorry to make you wait," the female voice, whom identified herself as Sally Po, "But all I can tell you is that I am, indeed, Sally Po, and I am part of PUDO." A small breath can be heard being taken, and then she rushed on. "Don't even *ask* what it stands for. If you can find it out, consider yourself lucky."

A sudden hiss alerted him of the releasing of gases. He immediately took a deep breath and strained against his cuffs. A second later, they broke with a loud *CLANG* and he started towards where he identified as the door.

Half a step later, his muscles suddenly contracted and he fell to the ground. Before losing consciousness, he heard Sally say, "You didn't actually think we'd use a knockout gas against you..."

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

Heero struggled to regain consciousness as the gas' effects wore off on his enhanced body. He opened his eyes and looked into someone's blue eyes.

Heero blinked a few times before believing what his eyes told him. He could see the blue eyes clearly, but only because they seemed to be glowing in the darkness.

"Who are you..." Heero thought, his question reflecting off his own blue eyes.

"I am..." the voice, whom he could tell was a she, "someone who would love to meet you."

At that, his mind became foggy as his last sensation was someone kissing him on the lips, and his thought "But we are meeting..."

------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------

When Heero next woke, he was in the cockpit of his Gundam. All systems were shut down, and in front of his controls was a small card, with the letters 'PUDO': www.p_u_d_o_139.com "Information R Us." Flipping the card, the words "User: HYuy2 Password: Flyingwings" were written upon it.

Heero stared at the card for a moment before sliding it into a compartment beside his controls. He was taught that information always came at with a price, but if someone wanted to give away information, who was he to argue?

----------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------

Additional Notes: Well, PUDO is pronounced Pu-Do. If anyone can guess the acronym is for, I'll let him or her add a plot or even a character into this fic!