Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Wing : Shinigami ❯ 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gundam Wing: Shinigami
Part 2 - The Next Morning
"Name" = What Duo perceives a person said/did...
********************************

The next morning, Duo climbed out of his hiding place for the night, Heero's own Wing Zero Gundam. His stomach growled loudly, and he decided that it was time to risk his life to eat something for breakfast.

Duo: Hehehehe! Wait 'til I find Heero, he'll only be alive for a mere second. Then, finally, Relena will be MINE! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

He walked into the kitchen, where he saw the "Perfect Soldier" eating his Cocoa Puffs. (Please refer to "Cereal Offense" for more on the Heero and Cocoa Puffs bit!) Shinigami smirked, remembering the conversation he had with "Solo" last night.

"Solo": Remember, your mission is to kill Heero Yuy, so Relena can be yours, just as she was meant to be!
Duo: *in a hypnotic state* Yes, Solo-kun...

Duo walks up to the table, taking a seat directly across from Heero, who was busily eating his fourth box of Cocoa Puffs. (Yes, the boy DOES love his Cocoa Puffs! ^_^) Duo gave Heero his own patented "Death Stare." (Freaky, eh? Ok, enough with the comments! ^_^) Heero finally looked up to see Duo with his "Death Stare" on his face.

Heero: Duo, if you're trying to impersonate me, you're doing a very crappy job of it.
Duo: *talking like a mindless drone* I'm not trying to impersonate you, Heero. I want to kill you...
Heero: *looks at Shinigami, then starts laughing* Hehe...that's good, Duo! You can stop now! Kami-sama, that was a good one...*stop laughing when he notices Duo isn't changing his look* Um, Duo...aren't you supposed to be bouncing-off-the-walls hyper or something?
Duo: Why?
Heero: *looks at his watch* Nope, today's not April Fool's...I know! You're playing a trick on me! Ok, it was pretty damn funny at first, but it's getting a little lame.
Duo: You think I'm kidding? *whips out a gun*
Heero: *smirks* Great impersonation, Duo, but I'm not Relena...
Duo: Omae o korosu, Heero...

And with that statement, Duo fires the gun, the bullet hitting Heero's left arm. Relena, who was walking around the gardens behind the mansion, heard the gunshots and ran in to check on Heero. When she got into the kitchen, she saw Trowa, Quatre, and Wufei standing around someone. Thinking it was Duo who had been shot, she went to the ground, only to be surprised...

Relena: Duo, are you--HEERO! Are you ok?
Wufei: Onna no baka! Does Yuy LOOK like he's "ok" to you? He just got shot in the arm by Maxwell over there! *points to the cracked up Duo standing by the doorway*
Heero: *sits up, but winces in pain* Duo no baka! Why the hell did you do THAT for?
Duo: I told you, I'm going to kill you...then I'll have Relena all to myself...
Heero: Duo, I told you already! I CAN'T STAND Relena! You want her? FINE! Take her!

But in the mind of our Zero System possessed Duo, he hears something completely different from the Japanese Gundam pilot...

"Heero": Hell no! You can NEVER have Relena! She's mine...FOREVER!

Duo starts growling, and raises the gun to shoot Heero again, this time in the chest. He starts to pull the trigger, when Relena jumps in front of Heero, shielding him from whatever bullets Duo may have wanted to fire.

Relena: Leave Heero alone! I thought you two were friends!

But of course, in the messed up mind of Duo Maxwell, he doesn't *exactly* hear those words from his "beloved"...

"Relena": Duo! Spare Heero! You know I'm eternally devoted to you, and ONLY you! Aishiteru!
Duo: *lowering the gun* Alright, my love! I'll spare Yuy's life...just this one time! Heero, if I *ever* catch you near MY woman, I won't hesitate to blow you to hell! Got that?
Heero: Huh? Whatever!

Damn that Zero System, it's making Duo think Heero replied in a not-so-nice manner...

"Heero": F*ck you, Duo!

Duo growls, raises the gun again, but drops it once more and walks out of the kitchen. He heads up to his room, with his stomach still growling. After Duo disappears, Relena takes Heero to the closest hospital. While Duo was laying down on his bed, his best friend, "Solo", appears once more...

"Solo": What the hell? Duo, I thought you wanted to get Relena! You let Yuy live, but why?
Duo: Well, Solo...I was about to kill Heero and get rid of him once and for all, but then Relena jumped in front of me! I didn't want to accidently kill or hurt my love! Besides, the other guys were there too...
"Solo": Other guys? You mean, Heero's friends?
Duo: Yeah, but they're my friends too!
"Solo": How can you be so sure that they aren't after your Relena as well?
Duo: Huh? What do you mean?
"Solo": Think about it, Duo. How do they treat you?
Duo: Hmm...Quatre and Trowa are pretty nice to me, but that Wufei acts like he's got a stick shoved far up his *ss!
"Solo": Why don't you get rid of that Wufei guy, as well as Heero?
Duo: I have no reason to...

Right then, Quatre, Trowa, and Wufei enter Duo's room. They decide that now would be the perfect to have a little inquisition with Shinigami himself...

WufeI: Alright, Maxwell, I have to admit, you've done some pretty stupid things over the past five years, but shooting Yuy has to be the STUPIDEST THING YOU'VE EVER DONE!
Trowa: I have to agree with Wufei on this one, it's true...
Quatre: Yeah...but I have one question...why?

In Duo's messed up mind, however...

"Wufei": Alright, Maxwell, I have to say one thing: Relena's MINE!
"Trowa": Actually, Wufei, she's MINE!
"Quatre": NO, she's MINE!
"Solo": *inside Duo's head* See, Duo? I told you they were against you...
Duo: NO! You CAN'T HAVE RELENA! SHE BELONGS TO ME!! SHE'S ALL MINE! MINE! MINE! MWAHAHA!
Other Three Pilots: ...

The other three Gundam pilots decide to leave Duo alone for a while. They go downstairs into the living room to have a little...discussion about Duo and his state of mind at the moment.

Wufei: What the hell is Maxwell's problem? Did you guys give him some more coffee? (I can't remember the title of the fic that had Duo's experiences with coffee, but I'll just say that the coffee bit isn't mine, it's from somebody else!)
Quatre: As far as I know, nope.
Trowa: Why in Kami-sama's name would I give Duo ANYTHING?
Wufei: *looking at Trowa* ... Good question...

At that moment, Heero returns from the hospital, without Relena. His left arm is completely bandaged up, and he managed to hear the last bit of the conversation.

Heero: Did you guys even notice Duo's eyes?
Quatre: Now that I think about it, his eyes were a little darker than normal...
Trowa: You don't think he...
Wufei: *eyes widen as he realizes what must have happened* MAXWELL WAS EXPOSED TO THE ZERO SYSTEM?
Trowa: *rubbing his ear* A little louder, Wufei, I can still hear from my right ear...
Wufei: Humph...I don't need to take this! INJUSTICE! *goes to his room to meditate*
Everyone else: ...
Heero: *ignoring Wufei's comment* Duo's been exposed to the Zero System, but when? There wasn't any battles we had to...oh crap...
Trowa and Quatre: ???
Heero: He must have went into my Gundam last night, when I was chasing him for that impersonation he did of me on the phone! Damn him!
Quatre: Yeah, but...I was exposed to the Zero System *twice* and it didn't make me THAT crazy!
Trowa: Quatre, this IS *Duo* we're talking about...anything's possible with THAT guy...
Quatre: Good point...what are you going to do, Heero?
Heero: I'm going to buy a bulletproof bodysuit, that's what *I'M* going to do! *walks off*
Quatre: What about us?
Heero: You guys figure out something...
Quatre and Trowa: .... *sigh*

Meanwhile, in Duo's room...

Duo: *overhearing the conversation* Mwahahaha! They think they can stop ME, Shinigami? HAHAHAHA! They have no idea how wrong they are! And I, The Great Shinigami, will show them that! And I will claim Relena Peacecraft as MINE!
"Solo": *smirking evily* That's right, Duo...get your revenge and claim Relena as yours...I will help you...
---------------------------------------------------------------- -----
Well, that's the end of GWS Part 2! Don't you just hate cliffhangers? I know I do, so I'll work on part three and hopefully have it up by Sunday! Enjoy and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE review! Ja ne!

-ChibiChibi-chan