Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam Wing V ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Gundam Wing V
By Staria
All standard disclaimers apply.
OK this one is told from Staria's POV. If you've read any of my other stories you know who she acts. Hope you like it.

Part One

It was another bright and sunny day in northeastern Pennsylvania and frankly I was bored out of my skull. It was too hot out to do anything constructive by my standards and I didn't feel like lounging in my pool, because I knew as soon as I got in my dorky little brother would come and try to make me a diving target. Most of my stuff was packed away because I'd be leaving for college in a couple of weeks. That's one thing I'm still not really use to. Saying that I am a college student. In just four short years I'd be an animator, and hopefully get into a well know production company. But any ways, I was bored. Bored. Bored. Bored. Bored. I finally remember that I still had one more novel I hadn't read yet so I grabbed the book and started to read.
It never fails, as soon as I get into something, something or someone else comes and interrupts me. This time it was the phone. Normally I'd let someone else get it, but I was the only one at home. So I dragged my self out of my bed and grabbed the cordless phone off the hook.
"Hello." I answered, trying not to sound ticked.
"Staria?" a male voice questioned.
"Yes, this is she." The voice sounded familiar but the connection was so bad I couldn't figure out who it was.
"Are you free for the next week?" he asked.
"Why?"
"We've got a couple of problems and need you're help. Quatre's already got the ticket bought for your flight if you can come."
"Duo? Is that you? This connection's so bad I couldn't tell. What's wrong? What happened?"
"You won't believe me unless you see it."
"All right, have my ticket wired to Franklin so I can catch the plane. Where are you guys at right now any ways?"
"St. Louis. You won't have too far to travel this time around."
"OK, I'll see you guys soon then. Is Trowa right there?"
"Um..... yeah but he really can't talk at the moment. We'll see you at the air port." With that the line broke. I didn't like the tone of Duo's voice when I asked about Trowa. I was deffinatly worried, as if I hadn't been to begin with.

I packed up a big back pack with a weeks worth of things I'd need. I was not going to chance loosing anything when I was only going to be gone a week. I had called my parents and told them what was up. They knew the boys from when they stayed with us during the last school year, but they didn't know exactly what there were. They had no problem with me going, not that I cared. I am eighteen as it is after all, but I needed them to get me some money so I didn't have to rely completely on Quatre. I hadn't seen the guys in about three months and I missed them. Most of all though I missed Trowa and after listening to Duo I was starting to fear the worst. What had they been doing in St. Louis anyways? Was it Oz? Maybe but I though we'd taken care of them for good. I guess you never can tell with corrupted military groups. Once my parents got home I was ready to go. All of my things were packed and I had my book for the plane ride. It wasn't my first time flying so I knew what to expect.
As usual it didn't take too long to get through Franklin Airport. With small stations it never does take long. My flight went to Erie and from there to St. Louis. I was just glad I didn't have too many lay overs. I wanted to get there as soon as possible. I found it slightly ironic that I was reading a book about vampires and I was going to St. Louis, thought to be one of the vampire capitols. If things didn't turn out to be too bad I have to make sure I got to go do some sight seeing before I headed back home.

At the terminal I spotted Wufei waiting for me. I gave the Chinese a hug once I got up to him.
"Hey Wu-man it's been a while."
"Staria we need to get going." I pulled away and looked at him.
"What no 'get off me onna' or 'don't call me that onna'? This must be serious. What's up?"
"You'll see." he took my bag from me and lead me out to the waiting jeep with Heero in the driver's seat.
"Where's everyone else?" I asked buckling up my safety belt.
"That's where we're going." Heero said.
"Is there a reason no one will strait out tell me what's wrong?"
"Yes. You'll know we aren't joking when you see." Wufei said. Now they really had me scared. What was it they were trying to hide from me?

The building Heero parked at was high on security. There were even visible guns mounted outside. It deffinatly was not a happy place to visit. Once I read the sign by the door I froze. Wufei pushed me forward.
"Just keep following Heero." He said.
"Why are we at a morgue?" I finally was able to ask. No one answered my question. "Guys this isn't funny. I want answers." I followed Heero into the room he entered, but before I could see anything Duo popped up infront of me almost scaring me shitless. He pulled me into a tight bear hug.
"I'm sorry Star." he said quietly. It wasn't like Duo to be quiet, not often atleast. I looked over his shoulder and knew I went pale. My stomach tightened and I wanted to scream, but I couldn't find my voice. Quatre stood beside the table, he looked tired and stressed. I had a feeling I was going to be joining him soon. The body was pale, almost white, with two puncture wounds in the neck. There wasn't a trace of blood left. I pulled away from Duo and walked over to the table. I brushed the familiar locks of light brown hair away from his closed eyes and felt the tears start to fall down my cheeks. I tried to keep myself together but I couldn't and started to cry full out. I felt Duo put his arms around my shoulders and pull me up, but I didn't care.
"Who.....who.... did this?" I managed to get out between sobs. "Who killed Trowa like this!?!?!" I was starting to lose it totally, but what else do you expect someone to do when they just find out the one they love is dead?
"The cops said it was a vampire, but that's all we know." Quatre said and looked at me. I know Trowa had been his best friend so he was going through about the same thing I was. Complete loss. I was crying so bad I was shaking, and I wouldn't let go of the table.

It took them twenty minutes to pry me out of the room. I cried on Quatre's shoulder the whole way back to their temporary home. They had been there for about a month and a half and were well settled into their new place. None of them had thought that any one of them would ever fall victim to a vampire. Quatre had the spare room set up for me but I didn't stay there long. I couldn't sleep at all. I found my way to what was Trowa's room. The button down dress shirt I wore to bed had been his. He left it at my house before they went and I slept in it all the time. It didn't smell like him any more but it was still a part of him. I buried myself in his bed and just cuddled up to his scent. Everything still smelled like he did, he couldn't have been dead long, but I didn't know for sure. As I pulled the covers around me I shivered, not from the air conditioning but from simply being alone.
I don't know how I fell asleep that night but I did. Probably from exhaustion of tears or something. I dreamed that Trowa was still with me. I sat under a tree cuddled up next to him in the summer sun. He gave me one of his rare smiles that could tell me everything and his green eyes sparkled to no end. He reached out and brushed his hand under my hair, caressing my cheek. It felt so real that I woke up. I had to blink a few time before it registered that those green eyes were looking right into mine and that the same hand was indeed holding my cheek. He was pale in the darkness but his eyes seemed to almost glow with life. I sat up quickly, startled. I blinked a few more times looking him over. His attire wasn't really his usual. Tight fitting tan pants met tight looking knee high black boots to cover his legs. His shirt was buttoned up half way and left his chest exposed, the sleeves had been torn off leaving his arms bare as well. He leaned on the bed with one hand and took my chin in the other, tipping my face up to meet his.
"T.T....T...Tr...Trowa?" I was having troubles finding my voice. He smiled at me, and leaned in closer.
"Yes it's me my little star." I felt myself get dizzy as he spoke, this couldn't be happening. He was dead right? "I'm glad the guys brought you here. Sorry I couldn't great you at the air port."
"Trowa who did this to you?" I wasn't sure if it was all a dream or real, but I wanted answers either way. He caressed my cheek as I spoke.
"Does it really matter Star. I'm still here to be with you." He leaned down and kissed me. Did it matter? Had he just admitted that he was dead and now back from the grave? But how? Then it struck me. I pulled away.
"Tro open your mouth."
"Why Staria?" he grinned as he said it, flashing a new set of fangs. I didn't know if I should scream or not. It was only Trowa after all. The guy I loved. He loved me. I shouldn't have to be a afraid of him. He was just a vampire now. right?