Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Heero Potter: Year 01 ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Heero Potter, Year 01

By Midori Bond & Devon Masterson

Chapter 2

"You got a dragon!" Duo exclaimed as he reached out to pet the ruby reptile coiled around Heero's shoulders.

"I wouldn't do that," Heero warned.

"Animals love me, especially dragons," Duo replied just before quickly with drawing his hand. He looked at the small dragon with wide amethyst eyes. The dragon actually snapped at him, him of all people.

"What is wrong with that boy?" Wushu asked. "You told him not to touch me. He's lucky I didn't feel like coughing."

Heero snickered then looked at Duo who was now staring at him curiously. "You don't want to know," he replied reading the longhaired boy's facial expression.

"What is that hideous thing on your shoulder, boy?" a blond girl asked poking Wushu. "Looks like some sort of ugly…aaah!" she screamed as she feverishly patted her head in desperation.

"Maris Nimbus," Hermione said quickly waving her wand. A cloud formed over the troubled blonde's head then rained down on her before disappearing. "Are you okay, Dorothy?" she asked in concern. There were red marks on her forehead where her eyebrows used to be. "Perfect aim and temperamental," Hermione sighed inwardly. She shot Harry a look for letting Heero have such a familiar only to have him looked the other way. She already knew that he felt even more confident in his decision. "I wonder who's the child sometimes him or Heero?"

"Excuse me, Professor Weasley," Dorothy said as her bottom lip trembled. "I have to go now." She turned on her heal quickly and left.

Heero shook his head as he uncoiled Wushu from around his shoulders and looked at him in humiliation and amusement. "What do you have to say for yourself?"

"I had gas," Wushu answered then looked away innocently. "Oh and excuse me."

"Wushu," Harry hissed.

"Hey, I'm only a week old. I still have a lot to learn," he replied.

"He does have a point," Heero argued then turned to Wushu, "If I can't fry people every time they bother me, you can't either."

"Sounds like a personal problem to me," Wushu commented as he crawled onto Heero's head and coiled himself about like an open-topped turban. "This spot's comfy. I'm going to sleep."

"Maybe then you'd stay out of trouble," Heero said lowly.

"Or maybe not," he yawned as he drifted off to sleep.

Duo frowned as he watched the exchange between Heero and Wushu. He was so out of the loop and it wasn't fair. He would have to pester Heero about it later. He had the next couple of weeks to do that. Today, the greatest adventure of his life was about to happen, he was going to live with a Muggle family for two whole weeks. Aunt Hermione's parents invited them all to go so Trowa wouldn't be so lonely. "Like he'd really care anyway. He'd just read a book the whole time. Trowa's gotta lighten up before he's stuck that way."

He looked around anxiously. He was so ready to go. "Aunt Mione, let's get our wands and go to the Leaky Cauldron," he begged, pulling on her cloak sleeve. "That girl had it coming and the fire's out now."

Hermione shook her head. "I've been dreading it, but come or we'll be late," she replied ushering the boys out of the shop. She just knew Duo was going to cause a lot of damage. He only wanted to shop for a wand so he could pick the wrong one.

Harry put his hand on Heero's shoulder and held him back for a moment. "Heero, don't let Wushu burn the school down," he smiled before leaving.

"Yes, father," he said lowly, but inwardly he was ecstatic. For a moment, he thought Wushu's little stunt was going to send them back to the shop to return him. Heero was already planning his arguments and sad faces to persuade his father into letting him keep ruby dragon.

~

"I can't wait," Duo remarked as he walked into the shop. He walked up to counter and started to ring the bell repeated. "Hey, mister," he called while jumping up and down.

"Duo," Hermione scolded, "calm down."

Duo sighed. "We're ready sir," he said a more relax tone, "so hurry up!"

A middle-aged man poked his head from behind stacks and stacks of boxes. "Ah, the Potters and the Weasleys. My father thought you might come today."

"And how is you father?" Hermione asked politely.

"He's enjoy his retirement and educating the next Ollivander to take over the shop," he replied then smiled. "It's just watching the seasons." He looked at each of the boys until his eyes rested on Heero. "Yes, wonderful."

"Can I go first?" duo asked moving from foot to foot. He would have started jumping again if not for the fact that Hermione had one arm around him and the other around Trowa, lest he got any ideas about emulating his cousin. He seldom did get such wild ideas.

"But of course, Young Weasley," he answered as he touched his head him thoughtfully for a moment. "Teak…Yes, I believe you need teak." He walked to the back of the shop.

Ron pulled out his wand in preparation; Duo was a Weasley after all. He looked toward Hermione who did the same.

"This is going to be so cool," he commented as the stop keeper came back.

"Try this," he replied opening box.

Duo took out the wand and a soft light surrounded him as a gust of wind lifted him off the ground, then brought him back down. "That was cool," he remarked. "I wanna' do it again."

The older man smiled. "Finding your first wand is the greatest feeling in the world, but you have to give the others they're turn."

"Okay," he smiled. At least he'd still get a show.

"I would like to go next," Trowa commented stepping from his mother's embrace.

Ollivander smiled as he touched his head. "I see a lot of promise in you," he replied. "Now let see…"

Sometime later…

Duo poked his head from underneath a pile of paper and boxes. They had been there for almost two hours. "Trowa," he whined, "hurry up or we'll be late!" It would be Trowa that got to have all the fun. At least her he had his wand already, even if he and his wand were buried underneath mounds of boxes and papers.

"Ah, he has a point, perhaps the cherry wood," Ollivander suggested bringing out one of the few boxes left on the shelf.

Trowa took the reddish tinted wand and a warm feeling came over him. He closed his eyes then whispered lowly. A soft light surrounded and he started to spin around quickly. "Whoa," he called out as he went faster and faster, picking up wind. The boxes and papers swirled out about as he spun until he just stopped. He look around dizzily for a few moments as everything fell into its proper place. "It worked," he said lowly.

"You're first spell," Hermione sighed proudly as she moved to hug her little boy.

Ron grabbed her by the hand gently and shook his head. "Later," he whispered.

Hermione looked downward. She knew what her husband was thinking; she would only embarrass Trowa. Her little boy was growing up so much. "But that won't save him later."

"I'm next," Heero replied stepping forward.

"I have got to see this," Wushu replied as he craned his neck from on top of Heero's head. He had the best seat in the house.

"You have a toy dragon?" Mr. Ollivander asked. "I thought it might be an odd sort of hat. I never did keep up with the latest fashions." He placed his hand on Heero's head then smiled. "I know just the one. We're had it for years and it is the only of its kind." He walked to the back of the store, then quickly returned.

Heero took the wand from its box. A bolt of lightening struck the wand making everybody jump except Heero. "Relax," he said sternly as oak leaves started to rain down on them. They disappeared as they touched the floor.

"Just so you know, I'm the only one who does the barbecuing around here," Wushu commented. "I see I'm going to have to keep an eye on you."

"Well," Ollivander sighed as he gathered himself together. He never expected that kind of response. "Oak, thirteen inches, very good wood. The core is made from a griffin's feather. They are very rare and it's the only core of its kind ever made. Yes, I will have to tell father about this, he will be very excited. We will expect great things from all of you." He looked at each of the boys. "Cherry wood, thirteen inches unicorn hair core," he said looking at Trowa then looked to towards Duo, "Teak, thirteen inches veela hair core. Yes, yes, we are proud of all these."

"Are we done yet? And if so can we get something to eat?" Wushu asked looking at Harry.

Harry nodded then looked towards Hermione and Ron. "We should get the kids something to eat."

"The Leaky Cauldron!" Duo jumped up then grabbed Heero and Trowa before rushing out the door.

Ron shook his head then looked at Hermione. "Were any of us like that when we were kids?" he asked.

Hermione smiled. "Not quite. You two will have your hands full when school starts."

"Us two?" Ron asked. "What about you?"

"They wouldn't dare try anything while I'm around," she answered as she started after the kids.

Harry shook his head knowingly as he looked at Ron. The redhead loved his wife dearly but he wondered if she really knew who was dealing with sometimes. "After all these years she still hasn't got a clue," he sighed.

"You'd think hanging around us, she would know better," Harry commented as they started walking.

"When the three of them meet up with the rest of their gang, they're going to terrorize the school," Ron replied.

"Maybe that's what Heero needs, to be around his friends again," Harry sighed as his tone changed to that of worry.

"He'll be fine," Ron assured his friend. "Wushu, seems to be doing the trick. And it was hilarious when he burned that brat's eyebrows."

"Wushu is a character," Harry admitted, "I would have loved to have him around when I was at school. He would have drove Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia bonkers."

"I bet," Ron chuckled at the thought of them running around screaming for dear life. "No offense, but they are the most horrible Muggles I've ever met."

"None taken," he replied. "The boys are going to have an adventure in the Muggle world. Are Hermione's parents going to be okay taking on five wizard boys for two weeks?"

"I don't know, but I'm sure Trowa will explain anything they need to know," Ron answered. "You know I'd worry about him if Duo wasn't around to get him into trouble every now and then. It's not natural for a child to read all day."

"The two of them have come up with something interesting schemes," Harry smiled, "and when Heero and the others are in the mix…"

"Oh god, the school is going to blow up and we'll have to use the Esrever spell again."

"They'll be fine," Harry replied as they reached the Leaky Cauldron.

~

"Aren't you going to see me off?" Quatre asked as he pulled a small cart with his school things. There would be no time once they got back to get them later so his mother shrunk them down so he could carry everything around fairly easily. It was also his mother's idea that Draco take Quatre to do the last of his school shopping. She thought it would great if they spent time together. Quatre hardly saw his father, only in the summer and it still was not much then either. He could not wait to get to Hogwarts where he could see him every day and show him that he was in fact a worthy wizard.

"You're old enough to go by yourself, stop being a baby," he snapped. "Once you get to Hogwarts, I'll see that Slythern House makes a man out of you."

"Yes, father," Quatre replied looking down.

"Make sure these friends of yours bring you back in time," Malfoy replied as he turned on his heel to leave. "I will not have you embarrassing my family and the Slythern house on the first day."

Quatre sighed and turned towards the Leaky Cauldron just in time to see Ron and Harry walking up. He perked up once he saw them; however, the smile did not reach his eyes. "Mr. Harry and Mr. Ron, is everyone waiting for me?"

"We just got here ourselves," Harry answered. He felt so sorry for the young man in front of him.

"I'm glad," Quatre replied, "thank you for inviting me."

"No problem," Ron said looking at the cart. "Your Mom miniaturized some of your trunks? It'll be easy for you to carry that while you're around the Muggles. Too many bags attract attention."

"We should go inside," Harry suggested. "I'm sure the other boys want to talk with you."

The blond boy eagerly shook his head. Even though there was still some unfinished business that he had to take care of, it could wait. He was going on an adventure with his best friends.