Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Heero Potter: Year 01 ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Heero Potter, Year 01

By Midori Bond & Devon Masterson

Chapter 3

Quatre walked into the widely known establishment and waved once he saw his friends waiting for him at small table. Apparently he was the last to arrive. "Sorry, I'm late, my father just dropped me off."

"Are you serious?" Duo asked voicing everyone else's surprise.

"He's not as bad as you think?" Quatre replied as he sat down in the empty seat beside Trowa. "He even bought me a falcon." He lifted a cage with a snow fight falcon.

"I'm pretty sure it wasn't because it was you birthday," Duo commented.

"It doesn't matter. It's the though that counts," Quatre said stroking his pet loingly. It was the only thing that his father ever bought him personally.

"I don't know why you defend him," Trowa said lowly while reading his book. He lifted his head a moment only to hand the blond a present that he made. "Happy birthday." He went back to his book.

"Yeah, happy birthday," Duo replied tossing Quatre a gift. "Even if your father is a jerk."

Quatre shot him a look then smiled. "Thank you," he replied, "for the presents."

"This is from me," Heero said as he pulled a present from amongst his things and handed it to him.

"My present will be a long shortly," Wufei commented. "My mother, being the infernal woman that she is, bombarded me with so much information and kitsch that I left without your present. Does she not know I am a man. I am eleven for heaven's sake." He crossed his arms. "Nataku shall be here with it shortly."

"Right," Duo sighed turning everyone's attention back to Quatre. "So what are you going to name her? I suggest Styx or Hades II."

What is your obsession with death and hell, Weasely?" Wufei asked. "It's contridictory for someone like you."

"Hey, you have hobbies and I have mine," Duo answered. "I can't help it if I'm cooler than you."

"Delusional," Wufei muttered.

"Shhh…don't tell anybody," Duo remarked then looked at Quatre. "So, Tre?"

Quatre smiled. "I named her Ebony," he said proudly gaining an arched eyebrow by all of his friends. "It makes her unique."

"Like being a snow white falcon wasn't enough," Duo smirked.

"I think the name is fine, Tre," Trowa commented from his book.

"It's different," Heero commented, "like I'm one to talk."

"Here you are boys," Harry said as he and Ron held a tray of glasses.

"Butter beer!" Duo exclaimed. "I love it!"

"We know," Ron replied.

"Wufei, I think this is yours," Hermione replied as she walked up holding a small black cat. It was breathing heavily and looked somewhat exhausted. "I think she had trouble with her package."

"Perhaps it was a bit big for her," he said casually as he took Nataku and the package. The package was at least twice her size. "Nataku, I'm going to have to increase your training." He put the cat across his shoulder then handed Quatre the package. "Rejoice in your birth."

"Today's your birthday, Quatre?" Hermione asked.

Quatre blushed and nodded shyly. It was one thing if his friends made a small fuss but an adult was another matter entirely. "Yes, ma'am, my mother made me a cake before I left."

Hermione smiled. It must have been important to him to see his friends on his birthday. Of course that made his father's behavior even more inreprehensible. Ron told her about Malfoy's `fond good-bye' to his son. It was even possible that Malfoy did not even know that it was his own son's birthday, not that she thought his treatment of Quatre would have been any better. "Your mother will miss you."

Quatre flushed even further under the stares of his peers. "She can always send me an owl and I have ebony. My father bought him for me."

"Really?" she asked then coughed to cover her surprise. "That was very nice of him." She looked at her timepiece as it started to glow. "Oh they're here. I'll be right back."

"This is going to be great," Duo said excitedly once she left. He pulled out a camera and smiled.

"Where did you get that?" Trowa asked suddenly curious.

"My mom got it got me," he replied proudly.

"What is it?" Quatre asked looking at the contraption.

"A Muggle camera," Heero answered then turned towards Duo. "You do know that Muggle pictures don't move?"

"I heard about that," Wufei commented thoughtfully. "Must be boring."

"Yeah well this isn't a Muggle camera, my mom transfigured it for me," he answered proudly. "I got one for each of us." He tossed them each a camera.

"Thank you," they all said at various times.

"I also have a few other accessories in case things get slow," he added lowly patting a bag next to his chair.

"Okay, boys are you ready to go. We have to pack your things into the car…" Hermione began.

"We get to ride in a car!" Duo exclaimed.

"Did you want to walk?" Trowa asked.

"No…" he answered, "it's just so cool."

"Oh grow up Weasley," Wufei scolded. "You don't have to act so excited about everything. We're not in elementary school anymore or do you still want to ride the Nekobus?"

Duo flushed slightly. "Don't talk about the Nekobus. She was cool."

"Except that time you got gum all in her seats," Trowa remarked.

Duo sighed then smiled. They always has to bring that up. Why couldn't they just let it go. "She forgave me."

"That was after Quatre and Trowa pet her after school for an hour and you rode around strapped to her tail," Wufei remarked.

"And I had to bring her a mouse," Heero added.

"I've been meaning to ask you where you found one so big?" Duo asked.

"You don't want to know," Heero remarked.

Wushu yawned. He caught snatches of the conversation here and there. He was not well versed in the language of humans but he knew a few phrases; enough to get in trouble. "Where do you find these people?" Wushu asked. "You need to get more they're funny."

"Get your stuff together boys," Ron said as Hermione hurried off. Once she was gone he looked at them all carefully especially his relations. "Duo, don't go around terrorizing muggles. You know your mother and Hermione would never let you, me or your father hear the end of it. So give it up the stash now."

Duo sighed and looked down as he handed his uncle a small pouch that he had stashed away. "Here, Uncle Ron."

Ron looked at the young man carefully. "Is that all of it?" he asked suspiciously then sighed inwardly. He was really becoming a stick in the mud in his old age.

"Ooh, trip time," he smiled as he ran off pulling his luggage behind him. The others followed after him. Duo couldn't bring himself to lie so he'd just avoid the situation all together.

"I have a feeling 'Mione and Angelina will be sending him howlers by dinner," Ron sighed. "I know that kid is up to something..."

"Just think about how funny we'll think it is until Hermione finds out and how much will laugh about it when she leaves," Harry said as putting a hand on Ron's shoulder, his emerald eyes twinkling.

"You do have a point," Ron smiled.

The other boys shook their heads, sometimes they wondered if they were the children or if Harry and Ron were. "Bye Dad," Heero said as he pulled his cart along.

"One second," Harry said as Hermione walked up with her parents. "Wushu has to stay here." Heero opened his mouth to protest when Harry cut him off at the chase. "Not this time, son. Wushu is still young and temparemental."

"So, I get a little cranky. I'll be good.." Wushu begged.

"No," Harry said sternly as he lifted the toy dragon from Heero's chocolate locks.

Heero sighed and walked out off slowly with the others. He didn't really want to go on the trip. He hadn't been back since his mother died. Being in the Muggle world would mean he would have to remember all over again. Of course he didn't want to go, but try telling that to his friends and family whom all insisted that he needed the change of pace. he at least hoped for the comfort of Wushu's presence, there was something about him that made him feel normal again.

"I'm sure he'll be fine with your father," Hermione comforted as she walked with the boys to the car. She would be the only one to see them off and she had to hurry at that, they only had two weeks to get the school ready for the students. The boys insisted that they would be fine on their own, but she just could not let go, they were all her babies.

Ron sighed as he watched his wife go off with the boys, "She coddles them too much."

"She's just concerned," Harry replied before looking at Wushu's pitiful face. "Chin up, you're going to get to keep him company. I just did not want to deal with Hermione's lectures. Wushu, I want you to keep an eye on Heero and mind your manners. If I have to apparate at the Grangers to get to you before the Ministry of Magic does, you're going to wish they got to you first."

"So much love and trust," Wushu said sarcastically before flicking his tongue at Harry affectionately. "Bye Dad."

Harry watched the small dragon disappear then sighed. He hoped Heero really would be okay. "I'm going to go back to the school to get everything ready."

Ron nodded as he watched Harry disapparate. Heero was not the only one that he and Hermione were worried about. "They're gone?" he asked as his wife walked up.

Hermione nodded her head then looked around. "Where's Harry?"

"He went back already."

"I'm worried about him," she commented, "and I know you are too, so don't pretend you're not."

"He just needs time," Ron replied.

"You're right. I'm going to talk to him," she said just before kissing him on the cheek. "Bye."

Ron shook his head as he watched her apparate. "Hermione sure hasn't changed," he thought before apparating himself.

******

Harry leaned back in his chair and sighed. Heero was on his way to the Muggle World for the first time in over a year. "I hope he'll be alright," he said lowly. He looked around his office and saw Fawkes sleeping on his perch, while Hedwig rested by the window. There was so much he had to do before the school opened, but he couldn't help but think about Heero.

Emerald colored eyes found a near photograph. It was taken only two years ago. His family. He, Heero, and his wife Rei. A fond smile crossed his face as he saw her image waving happily at him. "Sweetheart," he breathed. His eyes then traveled to another photo. This one taken by an ordinary Muggle camera. It was just of him and Rei. They were both younger, and wrapped in each other's arms. Harry could feel tears in his eyes as he thought of the day that ruined his life so completely.

Everyone around the school was buzzing. For the first time in nearly thirty years, a Tri-Wizard Tournament was being held. Yet again, Hogwarts was going to host the special event.

Harry sat in his office with Ron and Hermione, waiting for the head of the Department of International Magical Cooperation. "I received a letter from Rei today," Harry said easily. "She and Heero should be back here for the opening of the tournament."

"That's great!" Hermione smiled. "The dig is going well then?"

He nodded. "She said they should be finding the compass any day now. Then she and Heero will be coming here." Harry lifted his cup of coffee to his lips just as a single scream echoed in his mind.

Ron and Hermione both looked on horrified as the mug in Harry's hand fell from numb fingers. "Harry," Ron said rising to his feet. "Is something wrong?"

"So sorry I'm late," Percy Weasley said as he apparated between his youngest brother and sister-in-law. When he saw the paled look on Harry's face, he frowned. "Is there something wrong?"

"It's Rei," Harry said in a disturbed voice. Without a word, he disapparated. He knew there was something horribly wrong with his wife. She was more of a Muggle than a witch, with only a few empathic abilities; but the mental shockwave he'd just received told him that something was clearly wrong.

Harry apparated in the same tent as he had dozens of times before. He scanned the tent looking for his wife and son. "Rei," he called out. "Rei, Heero!" When he didn't get an answer, he felt his need of urgency increase. "Rei, Heero, answer me," he pleaded as he left the tent and started to look through the camp.

Full blown panic set in as Harry rounded a cluster of tents and saw smoke coming out of the cave they were supposed to be digging in. "Rei!" he yelled, running over to the opening. Harry slowed as he saw two prone bodies on the ground.

Fearing the worse, Harry ran over to the nearest figure. As Harry looked at the body that was closest to him, he felt his heart drop. "No," he whispered as he recognized his wife. "Rei." His breath escaped him as he fell to his knees at her side.

Her Prussian eyes were wide open, as if frozen in fear. Her soft bronzed skin was incredibly pale. There was no mistake, she had been a victim of Avada Kedavra, the killing curse.

Harry's eyes went round as he thought of his son. He knew that if he had lost his son, as well as his wife, there would be no way he would be able to survive. He looked into his wife's flat eyes and gently touched her face. "I'll find him, I promise," he whispered as he fought back tears. He didn't want to listen to the little voice in his head telling him that Heero could be dead as well. "Heero," Harry called, moving away from Rei. There was nothing he could do for her… not any more.

Harry soon found that the other body was Marcus Scott, Rei's assistant. He had also fallen victim to Avada Kedavra.

With another glance at the area around him, Harry went back to Rei's personal tent. He had to find his son. As he lifted the flap, Harry saw a pair of familiar yellow boots. "Heero," he said quickly entering the tent.

When his eyes fell on his son, Harry didn't know if his heart wanted to soar, or sink. Heero's face was void of all emotion. His eyes remained unfocused as he held onto the small doll Rei cherished most.

"Heero," Harry said carefully. His heart pained him even more as flat Prussian eyes turned to him. "What happened son?"

Heero looked at his father with vacant eyes. For long moments he simply sat there, saying nothing. When Harry took a step towards him, Heero turned his head away. "There was a wizard. I couldn't see his face. He killed Mama," he said in a cold voice.

Harry stood and looked at his son. As he gazed at the child in front of him, Harry realized that this wizard, whoever he was, not only killed his wife, but his son as well.

"You may want to change the password to your office," Hermione said softly. When Harry flinched at the sound of her voice, she smiled apologetically. "Sorry, I didn't realize you were so deep in thought," she said sitting across from her best friend.

Harry gave her a saddened smile as he placed the photo he was looking at on his desk. "It's alright. I should be thinking about work. Not worrying over nothing," he said automatically.

Hermione frowned. "Worrying over your son's state of mind, or missing your dead wife is hardly nothing Harry," she said as he picked up a stack of papers. "But are you sure He'll be alright here? I'm sure Victor will be able to find a spot for him in…"

"He's my son Hermione. It's bad enough that he thinks I dumped him off with Ginny last year. If I send him to another school, he'll never forgive me." Harry shook his head. "I'll be able to deal with Heero being here. I'm just worried about his adjusting with schoolwork and socializing. He's withdrawn so far into himself I hardly recognize him any more."

"So you've been spoiling him to over compensate," she said lowly. They watched each other in silence for a few moments. She turned away from him with a scowl. "You've hardly changed from the boy that battled Voldermort," she said under her breath. She then looked at him and smiled. "I'm sure we're all worrying over nothing. Heero has enough of you in him that he, Duo and Trowa will be costing Gryffendor almost as many points as you and Ron," Hermione said with a smile.

"You were there too," Harry said in turn. He felt a small smile cross his face as he thought about the three boys. "But I think there's something you should know."

She looked at him with puzzled eyes. "What is it?"

"It's about Wushu."

All amusement left Hermione's face. "Harry, what did you…. Please tell me you didn't…."