Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Heero Potter: Year 01 ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Heero Potter, Year 01

By Midori Bond & Devon Masterson

Chapter 4

"So this is a muggle house?" Duo asked as he looked around like a tourist. He was snapping pictures at everything as he went. Curiosity had gotten the best of him and there was two pieces of candy a photo from his grandfather for each picture.

"Yes, Duo," Trowa answered.

"This is so cool," he replied his violet eyes gleaming with ideas of touching things.

"Wait," Trowa said grabbing his cousin by the pony tail before he could run off.
"Mom said we had to go over the rules in our room first."

"We all share a room?" Wufei asked wrinkling his nose. "I have to sleep with the child? Injustice, he can't even sleep until his hair is brushed and he's tucked in."

"Let me go," Duo said snatching his braid from Trowa and fingering it gingerly. He shot his cousin a look then stared at Wufei. "At least I can sleep by myself, you have to have Nataku sleep with you."

Wufei's face flushed. "I'm not the only one who can't sleep alone."

"Watch it, Wufei," Heero warned as he picked up his bag.

"What are you talking about?" Quatre asked

Quatre looked at his friends curiously. This was the first time that he had been allowed to spend the night. His father always managed to occupy him with sorted places like Nocturn Alley or he spent the summer in his room. He hated having to do that, but he and his mother both knew if he found out that he had been spending time with the Potters and Weaselys, he would never be allowed to attend Hogwarts or associate with them. This year was different however, his father gave up on him. "What's going on?"

Duo shook his head and put his arm around Quatre. "Tre, Tre, Tre. I forgot you're on parole this summer. Let me clue you in, you see we all have our own..."

"Rituals," Trowa supplied.

"Rituals that we do every night. I have my thing, Wufei sleeps with Nataku, Trowa reads a bedtime story, and..." Duo paused dramatically and looked at Heero. He was not sure whether to chance it. He whispered in Quatre's ear causing the younger boy's eyes to widen slightly. "So what's your?" Duo asked aloud. The other looked over to listen as well, if they were going to exposed, they might as well know young blonde's secrets.

Heero turned away from the group. This was stupid, he should not have come. He thought things would look now that Wushu came into his life, but his father nixed that idea. "Maybe they'll leave me alone...yeah right not Duo," he thought as he put his suitcase on his bed, or the one he claimed for himself while they were probing Quatre for information.

He had already been that route when Wufei teased about sleeping with a doll. For his tactlessness, the black haired boy nursed a black eye, and Heero spent time in the corner as they called it. It was really a subspace pocket room with no doors, only windows. There was nothing to do and it was absolutely boring. Of course the catch along with it was you could see out, but no one could see inside the room. So naturally if everyone else was having fun, you would realize it and know you couldn't join in. Amazingly enough, Aunt Hermione came up with that one. She could be quite devilish she wanted. There was no wonder why she hung around his father and Uncle Ron.

"Are you serious?" Duo laughed. "Quatre Malfoy sleeps with a night light?"

Quatre flushed. "You're one to talk."

Duo smiled. "Whatever, I can sleep in the dark. I love it. I think we should explore tonight."

"I don't know," Trowa remarked.

"You know you want to, Trowa," Duo urged, "besides how are we really going to see the place if we're under lock and key."

"For once Weasely has a point," Wufei commented, "I would like to see this place close up."

"Then it's settled," Duo replied. "I know Quatre's going because his nightlight will be missing when it's time to go to bed." Quatre shook his head and gave him a look. " So what about you Heero?"

"I'll think about it..." his sentence trailed as he opened his suitcase. "Wushu?" His eyes widened at seeing the young dragon in his bag wrapped around his most prized possession.

"Hi," he hissed. "I like her. Some scales, claws and she would be workable." He uncoiled himself around the doll and slithered up Heero's arms then coiled around his head like a turban. "You're head is warm and comfortable like a nest."

"Hmm," Heero grunted. He did not know if that were a compliment or a tease. "Does my Dad know you're here?"

"Yes he does and he said not to get me into any trouble," Wushu answered.

"Yeah right," Heero mumbled under his breath.

"Hello!" Duo replied jumping up and down in front of Heero waving his hands. " Are you going or not?"

"If he didn't make me laugh so hard, I would have sneezed on him by now," Wushu commented.

Heero ignored the comment and looked at the young man in front of him with big violet eyes that currently annoying him. "You'll never leave me alone will you?"

"No," Duo answered.

"Fine, I'll go."

Duo smiled triumphantly then jumped on a bed. "Rest up me, we leave sun down."

***

"Let's split into to groups," Duo suggested. "Heero, Quatre, and me can be in one group, and Trowa and Wufei can be another one."

"I don't find that feasible," Trowa remarked. "Three of us in one group is likely to get caught."

"I'll go alone," Heero declared. "Trowa's right. I'll take Wushu with me."

"I think you plan to double back on us," Quatre accused looking at Heero suspiciously.

Heero flushed slightly in the moonlight. The blond boy knew him just a little to well. "I promise won't go back to the house. I'll look around and report in."

"I don't think walking around the backyard will classify as looking around, Heero," Trowa commented.

Heero narrowed his eyes. Since when was he so easy to read? "I will explore," he replied his voice indicating his annoyance.

"Well that's good enough for me," Duo replied. "Let's go and keep in touch." He held up his walkie-talkie and they started in three different directions.

"The Weasely's can be swift when they want to," Wushu commented from a top of Heero's head. "Malfoy too! He's tricky. His mind is always working that can be a bad thing."

"You're getting wise in your young age aren't you?" Heero asked. "Quatre is our friend and he's nothing like his father."

"Don't get so upset. It makes your head get too warm," Wushu replied. "Save it for the winter."

"They maybe annoying but they are my friends," Heero added.

"I'm your friend too," Wushu exclaimed. He lowered his upper portion so that he could hiss in Heero's ear affectionately. "I like them, they entertain me. Don't be such a sour puss."

"Hmm," Heero grunted just before pausing in his tracks. He got down quickly as he saw something white shimmering in the moonlight amongst the bushes. "Quiet," he said lowly."
He pulled the bushes apart and his eyes widened. "Beautiful," he said lowly.

"I wanna see too!" Wushu replied craning his neck to see. His eyes lit up when he realized it was a human female dressed in all white sitting at a lawn table.

Wushu looked Heero curiously as he strained to see what his friend was looking at through the bushes. "A human female? You like her, huh?"

Heero shook his head violently knocking Wushu off. "I thought it was a ghost,"

"So you don't like her?" Wushu asked.

"I don't know her," Heero answered trading his flush for a mask of coldness.

"So," Wushu said as he floated upward to get a closer look. "What is she doing? Is she? ...She's playing chess with a ghost."

Heero shook his head in disbelief. There was no way that could be a witch. She was too pretty and she lived next door to Trowa's grandparents. Trowa would have mentioned it if there any like them in the neighborhood. He opened the spot in the bushes that he has been peeping from wider. The girl was playing wizards chest with a ghost and not just any ghost, but Dumbledor. "Can't be..."

But there was no mistake, Heero would recognize that face anywhere. He had several copies of his card, plus he had seen pictures of his father and Dumbledor together.

"Hmmm...a witch there and a wizard here...I think it's time to work my magic," Wushu commented before snaking his way towards the girl.

"Check mate," the girl replied smiling. "Professor, I do believe you are slipping."

Dumbledor smiled. "I was never that good of a player, but I still enjoy it. Perhaps you should play Professor Ron Weasely. He is quite good."

"I'm sure Professor Weasely has better things to do than play chess with me," she commented with a hint of sadness. "He's like all the others..."

Dumbledor's eyes warmed as he stood beside the young girl. "Perhaps if you would open up more to others they would see that you are a wonderful person. Your headmaster sees the good in you."

Victoria flushed. "The headmaster is different. He has had a hard life and he...can not show favoritism amongst students. It's unprofessional."

"True, but I also know Harry. He can spot a bad egg when he sees one and so can I," he replied.

"Is that why you left Gryffindor Tower to spend the summer with me?" she asked. "Or do you enjoy being beaten at chess?"

Dumbledor chuckled. "Modesty is not your strong point, Miss Une or should I say Countess Une."

"Victoria," she corrected distastefully. A countess was her title in the muggle world, a world that wanted no part of her.

"Very well then," he replied, "but that is what I like about you and of course the way you cause Professor Malfoy to walk on egg shells. It's quite humorous to see him nervous. It makes him well rounded."

The young flushed slightly. She seemed to have the effect on most of the magical academy that she attended. She had to be the most well known out cast in the school. It was unnerving. "I do not wish to discuss it any further, professor," Victoria replied closing the subject.

Dumbledore nodded. He knew it would take patience to get through her barriers and he had all the time in the world. "Now this should be interesting," he said softly as a smile crossed his face. "Just what is needed."

"I beg your pardon?" she asked looking at him strangely. Perhaps he had seen a hole in her battle plans. She stared at the board intensely trying to find where she had gone wrong in her theories. Everything had been carefully planned out, there was no way she could lose this game. "Don't let your arrogance blind you from the obvious," she warned herself as she took a deep breath. "Why are you looking like that, Professor?" she asked finally.

"I just noticed something," he replied grinning.

Victoria's countenance took on a frown and she was starting to grow angry at his smugness when she felt something wrap around her shoulders. She started. "What?" she asked quickly then calmed as she realized she was not in danger. She shot a look at the deceased headmaster then sighed. At least she did not scream out like some little kid. She unwrapped the dragon from around her arms when he licked her cheek affectionately, causing her to laugh out loud. "You're far from home, you know?" She lightly stroked the dragon causing him to wrap around her affectionately once again.

"There must be a wizard in the area," Dumbledor commented casually. "He looks only a few weeks old."

Victoria nodded. "Where's your master?" she asked. Wushu's eyes brightened as he pointed his tail toward the bushes. Victoria squinted her eyes as she moved forward. "Who's out there?"

Heero sighed and narrowed his eyes. He would get Wushu back later. "He's mine," Heero replied stepping out of the bushes slowly.

Victoria stood and walked over to the boy. He looked somewhat familiar but she could not place it. She could tell that he was a first year though he was not much shorter than herself.

Prussian eyes widened slightly as the vision in white walked towards him and he took a step back for a moment. She looked so serious as she walked toward him, but he could not help but feel shy around her. It was quite strange for him to have such a reaction to someone.

Victoria sighed inwardly as she stopped moving towards him. "I am not going to hurt you," she said with slight annoyance. "I only wanted to return your dragon to you." She placed Wushu on the ground and he immediately slithered along and took up residence in his favorite sleeping spot; Heero's head. The sight was quite endearing to see a boy and his pet so comfortable that she nearly laughed out loud again. To cover it, she cleared her throat. "What is your name, boy?"

"Heero," he answered simply though quite miffed at her superior attitude. "What is your name girl?"

Brown eyes widened then softened. She had never been spoken to in such a manner. It was a welcomed change. "I apologize for being rude. My name is Victoria Une."

"Hi," he said lowly not knowing what to say to her.

Dumbledor took this as a cue to step into the situation. "Heero, would you mind taking over the new game for me? I am not needed here anymore."

Heero nodded then looked toward Victoria. "Would you like to play?"

For the first time in awhile, the young girl smiled. "It would be a change of pace. If you think you can keep up, first year?"

"You aren't more than a first year, yourself, I can manage," he replied.

"We shall see."