Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Heero Potter: Year 01 ❯ Chapter 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Heero Potter
By Midori Bond & Devon Masterson-Bond
Chapter 12
Harry sank into his chair and sighed. He listened to the sounds of the previous Head Master's portraits snore for a moment then put his head down on his desk in exasperation. It had been a long day.
The day started as usual, he met with a the other professors to discuss any issues and concerns, he had to break up a couple of six years who tried to curse each into oblivion in a fight, and then there was manner of an exploding cauldron. There was no real damage that could not be handled of course, but the students were nervous and it took quite some time to get Malfoy to calm down. His answer was always expulsion when ever a student made a mistake that was when Harry had pointed out that the exploding fluid should have never been near a beginner student in the first place. This fact brought about a dangerous shade of crimson from embarrassment and anger in the pale man. Malfoy simply walked out of the office afterwards leaving Harry with a slight grin. That student would have to be dealt with, she showed a lot of promise, but she seemed to be having trouble in just this one subject. He was still trying to decide when he heard someone at the Phoenix entrance.
“Hello, Headmaster,” a somewhat giggly blonde greeted as she entered his office.
Harry rolled his eyes despite himself. “It's after hours, Luna; you don't have to be so formal.”
Luna covered her mouth. “Yes, you're right,” she laughed. Her eyes twinkled as she walked over towards him and hugged him then sat down. “What are you doing?”
“I am trying to decide what to do with Miss Valentine,” he answered.
“What do you mean?” she asked her eyes widening. “She's an excellent student and quite talented. She's could be….”
“Calm down, Luna.” Harry put his hand on her shoulder. Green eyes searched blue ones for a moment. Worry and concern were obvious in them, it made him curious. “I am not expelling her. I was just thinking she should spend some time after hours working on her potions. I noticed she's been having problems in Potions…”
“Oh,” she sighed before smiling brightly.
A brown eyebrow raised in curiosity. “She's from the States isn't she? Do you know her family?” he asked.
Luna looked away. “I know just know a promising student when I see one," she answered seriously. “She reminds me of me when I was that age. I thought for sure she's would be sorted into Ravenclaw.”
“I see,” Harry replied. She clearly evaded the question for some reason. He would leave it be for now. “So what did you need to see me for?”
Luna flushed slightly. “Just to visit.” She jumped up from her seat. “I thought you might want to talk or something.”
“I am about to go to bed.” Harry yawned. Luna giggled getting a red faced Headmaster for her trouble. “Excuse me.”
“Good night,” she sang before starting for the phoenix entrance.
“Good night, Luna,” he replied. He walked towards the door that lead to his quarters then paused beside the picture of Professor Dumbledor. He tapped the picture gently making the sleeping portrait awake.
Dumbledor rubbed his eyes sleepily. “Yes, Harry?” he asked softly.
“Is Heero asleep?” Harry asked.
Dumbledor's portrait smiled knowingly. “I checked on him before bed. He's sleeping peacefully tonight.”
“Thank you,” he said smiling as well. He was glad to hear that Heero was sleeping well. It also removed a heavy burden on his heart that his son was still associating with his friends. They were a diligent group and they were not willing to let a friend, that they have had since elementary school, go easily but he had his worries. Heero was not always the friendliest and he always wanted to take things on his own. He was just like his father in that one aspect. Harry smirked then opened the door to his quarters after bidding the portraits a goodnight; perhaps he would have a good night's sleep as well.
12-12-12
“OK, why are we doing this again?” Quatre asked as he followed behind Duo. He held a small sphere in his hand making notes as the braided her boy tapped various walls.
“So we can walk around at night,” he answered simply. He came to a statue of an old humped over witch and tapped it gently with his wand. A smile spread across his face a passage opened up. “That's another one.” He tapped the statue again and the passage closed.
“Aren't we going to see where it goes?” Quatre asked making a note with the sphere.
Duo shook his head. “We have to save something for next time.”
“Good point.” Quatre smiled then looked at his watch. “Duo, can we finish this later. Charle and I have to finish our project.” He handed the small sphere to the brown haired boy.
“Charle?” Duo asked. A blank look crossed his features as he tried to place face with the name. “Oh, Heero's twin sister.”
Quatre narrowed his eyes. “Heero's having enough trouble coming to us as it is. Don't make it worse.”
“Okay. Okay, but you have to admit they look a lot a like.” Duo nudged the blonde and grinned.
“Well just a little,” Quatre admitted.
Duo shook his head in exasperation. He put his hands behind his head thoughtfully. “Why are you two studying together? I thought Lucy was your girlfriend.”
A deep shade of crimson brushed Quatre's cheeks. “Charle and I are friends.” He coughed. “Miss Noin is our friend…”
“And you like her don't even bother to lie, we all know it,” Duo replied. He started walking. “I have something to do anyway. I just wanted to get this done before Heero's birthday. That way we can throw him a party.”
“And here I thought you just wanted to run all over the castle all night,” Quatre teased.
“There's that too,” he admitted. “But anyway, I gotta go, see ya''.” Quatre nodded then waved before going in the opposite direction. He had to hurry if he was going to make it on time.
Duo held the sphere in his hand and continued tapping the walls. With Quatre's and earlier Wufei's help, he was able to do most of the castle. He only had a few more floors and of course as he learned new passages and secrets he would add to the globe. Griftors' Globe, nothing more than a new spin on old idea, but this was going to be his contribution to mischief. Of course he couldn't wait to explore the all of the passage ways and find where he ended up within the castle. But first he had to find finish the basic layout so they could meet in a common place for Heero's birthday. Being that they were the children of some of the top teachers in the academy, it was difficult for them to maintain a low profile socially. It seemed as though when ever one of them sneezed it was gossip for the school, especially Heero. “The least we can do is have a great time after last year…” his thoughts were broken up by the sound of shuffling and murmurs.
Being very nosey and concerned for his fellow student, Duo headed towards the disturbance. Amethyst eyes widened as he witnessed two burly first years double teaming another. His fist tightened as he prepared to intervene. Two against one was unfair odds. He moved closer so that he could a better view. “Slytherin. I should have known…” Duo raised his wand to perform a curse when he gasped causing the two first years to turn around. They were in the middle of trying to force Heero into the roaming broom closet, but chose to charge him instead. “I don't think so.” Duo raised his wand “Petrifcus Totalis,” he called out flicking his wand at the two large boys.
Both boys looked in utter shook as their bodies went rigid and they fell to the floor. They were both mumbling death threats to Duo and Heero as the two stood over them “Are you okay?”
Heero nodded. He was extremely annoyed that those two jumped him again and that Duo witnessed it. He had been putting up with their foolery since the school year began. It was recently when they realized that he wouldn't run and tell his father every injustice done to him that they started to do physical things to him. It was time for a little payback. Heero raised his wand. “Wingardium Leviosa.” He kept his eyes on his two targets as they floated in the air. “Duo, open the closet door.”
A large smile crossed his face. “I would love to,” he tapped the door twice with his wand then opened the door to the closet. Once both boys were inside, he closed the door and tapped the door twice. “Good luck to anybody finding them anytime soon.” He stowed his wand away and dusted himself off.
“Duo,” Heero said lowly.
Duo sighed. “I know. I know. Don't tell the others or I die and all that stuff.” The mirth went from his face. “My mouth isn't that big you know. Well I better get going since I don't see anything or know anything. But I'll be watching.” He pointed to the sphere in his hand. “Say hi to Vic for me.”
Heero nodded then turned and walked down the hallway. It seemed as though everyone was bailing him out these days. First Wushu, then Victoria, and now Duo. He was curious as to how Duo could perform that spell so well, but deep down Heero knew the answer, Aunt Hermione must have used it on him. The long haired boy clearly had more talent than he was given credit for.
12-12-12
Wufei closed his text book in exhaustion. “This is insufferable,” he sighed. “Trowa, must your mother give us such endless amounts of homework?”
“Think about what you just asked,” Trowa remarked defensively. He knew the black haired boy did not mean to insult him, but he did nonetheless. “Homework broadens intellectual horizons.”
“I agree, but how are we to get everything done in time with all of this homework?” Wufei replied.
Trowa nodded thoughtfully, that was a valid point, but there was nothing they could do about it. Blowing off their education was not an option. He would not allow it and his mother would kill them all before she let that happen. “That is our problem.”
“You're right,” he replied as a couple of giggling girls exited the library. He looked in the direction of their laughter and frowned. “What is that girl doing over there?”
“What girl?” Trowa asked only half interested. He was becoming annoyed with the conversation and wished the others would hurry up and join them so that they could talk to Wufei and he could study. Wufei might be one of the more studious of his friends, but he had some of the same tendencies as Duo.
“Duo's girl,” Wufei explained. “She surrounded by books and she's using some Muggle looking writing tool…”
“Sunshine is not Duo's girl,” Trowa corrected. That reference bothered him for some reason. It was almost like he would never be rid of her.
“Hmm,” Wufei grunted. He noted Trowa's annoyance as he stood to his feet and walked over to Sunny's table. His homework was already finished so he could afford to entertain himself in other ways until the meeting that Duo wanted to hold got started. “What are you doing, girl?”
“Homework,” she answered much like Trowa often did when he did not want to be bothered.
Wufei looked towards the text books, Math, English, French, and Geography. These weren't Hogwarts subjects. “What are you up to?”
Sunny looked up for a moment. “I'm in a dual study program and I have to finish so I can study.”
“What kind of…” Wufei's sentence trailed.
“Sunny, I need your help,” Duo broke in as he ran up. The Librarian glared at him for a moment and he lowered his voice. “I finished the globe, but I need you to do the security enchantments. I'll leave you alone to study after that. I'll even get up for the early morning owl post so you can sleep in…please!”
Sunny sighed and smiled. She held out her hand and took the globe. “This is impressive Duo, did you do this dopplas ganglas charm?”
“No, Trowa did, but I designed it and Quatre, Wufei, and I did the mapping.” He flushed slightly.
“Hmmm…I was doing some reading and I have a few ideas. I'll work on it tonight and give it you in the morning.”
“Thanks, Sunny,” Duo smiled. This was great the globe would be done just in time. Heero's party was one day away and he had already found the perfect spot.
“You're welcome, now back to work.”
“Come on Wufei.” Duo pulled the black haired boy away. It's time for our meeting now.”
“So are you going to tell us everything now?” Quatre asked lowly as the two boys re-joined the small group.
Duo nodded. “Part one of our mission is complete. I found the perfect place and the globe will be finished in the morning 08:00. Now we only have to get 01 to the rendezvous point, that's where you come in 11. Do you accept your mission?”
“I accept,” Victoria replied. Duo was so weird, but she had to admit she was having fun and now it was time to return the favor.
 
 
To be continued….
© 2004 Devon Masterson-Bond
Another Bond Girl Production
I think we all know who belongs to who. I am clearly not the creator just the manipulator. Don't sue me, hire me instead.