Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Heero Potter: Year 01 ❯ Chapter 14 ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Heero Potter Yr 01
By Devon Masterson-Bond & Midori Bond
Chapter 14
 
Hermione frowned as she looked at the report in front of her. It was a shame really, no matter how hard she was on her students; there were still fourth-years that couldn't tell the signs of a werewolf. She shook her head as she started to correct the parchment. A knock on her door didn't cause her to look up. “Come in,” she called as her quill moved across the paper.
 
Ron and Harry entered, both with worried looks on their faces. “Hi, `Mione,” Ron said as Harry closed the door.
She looked at them both with a raised eyebrow. Something was wrong, and she had a feeling that they really didn't want to tell her. “What did Duo do now?” she asked in a sigh.
 
Harry looked at his best friends and swallowed. He had a strong feeling that this was going to be bad… and humorous. “Duo's fine. He and the others are all in the main courtyard,” he said helpfully.
Her brown eyes looked from her friend to her husband. They narrowed when they saw Ron lower his head… like he always did when he told her something bad about Trowa. She stood as she inhaled. “Since Harry said `the others,' I'm assuming that Trowa's with them,” she said coolly.
 
Ron swallowed. “No, Trowa's not,” he said lowly. He looked at Hermione and saw the anger quickly gathering in her eyes. “But he's fine. He only has to stay in the hospital wing for….”
 
“Hospital wing?” Hermione shrieked.
 
Harry fought to keep still. This wasn't the time to laugh, and he had to admit, if he and Ron weren't there, this would not be a laughing matter. But to see Hermione's face turn the same shade of her husband's hair was amusing.
 
“He's fine `Mione,” Ron told her.
 
“Ronald Weasley, you better tell me what happened right now,” she demanded.
 
He looked at his wife for a moment with a blank face. For a split second, he could hear his mother yelling at him the exact same way. He shook his head and took a breath. “Today was their first class with Wood,” he started.
 
Harry leaned against the door and crossed his arms as Ron explained everything. This was something he wasn't going to get in the middle of. He was only there to stop Hermione when she decided that Wood wasn't paying attention to her `precious boy,' and tried to kill him. His eyes traveled across the room and settled on a picture. It was of the boys, with Victoria, as well as one of the second-years in Gryffindor… Noin. A soft smile crossed his face when he looked at the group. They looked to be having an old fashioned water-fight. His eyes locked onto his son for a moment. The young boy was standing between Victoria and Duo, with Wushu sitting on his head. “Buffers,” Harry thought with some disappointment. They were Heero's best friends, and while it was comforting to know they could make his adjusting to the world again easier, Harry couldn't help but hate the fact that Heero needed such comforts.
 
“Let me get this straight,” Hermione said breaking into Harry's thoughts. “My only son… was playing catch on a broom… without supervision… and flew into the Whomping Willow, and is now in the hospital wing?” she asked calmly. When both men nodded, she erupted. “And you want me to be alright with this?”
 
Ron winced at her screaming. A sigh escaped him as he saw the frightened look she carefully hid in her eyes. “No, I don't want you to be alright with this,” he said calmly. “But I don't want you blowing up and causing a scene when you go and see Trowa.”
 
She looked at him stunned. “I do not blow up and cause scenes, Ronald,” she said bitterly.
 
“You're causing a scene right now,” he countered. He folded his arms over his chest, hating the way she was trying to use his full name as a weapon. “Hermione.”
 
Harry looked at the pair and straightened. “Sit down Hermione,” he said tenderly. When she looked at him, he sat in one of the chairs she kept in her office. “Trowa was hurt by the Willow, but Sunshine got the short end of the stick. It hit her, and she crashed into Trowa.”
 
Hermione felt like she was going to be sick. She sank into her chair and looked at the pair of men in front of her. “Should I contact her family?” she asked in a whisper.
 
Harry shook his head. “According to all of her paperwork, she's an orphan, but that's a lie. It looks like someone changed her records for some reason.”
 
“How bad are they? Will Trowa have to be in the hospital long?”
 
“No, he'll be out in a few hours, morning the latest. Sunny will have to be there until at least the weekend,” Ron said going to kneel in front of her. As he looked into her eyes, he could still see that scared look she was trying so hard to hide. He had to admit, it was terrifying to see what happened to Sunny, and then Trowa. The girl had never been on a broom before, and she was caught completely off guard. There was a large amount of blood over the pair, but it could have been worse. He and Harry could have decided to be responsible teachers instead of nosy fathers. Then no one would have been there to catch the pair, and he would be telling Hermione that Trowa was dead, rather than hurt. “He's fine,” he whispered as he pulled her into his arms.
 
Harry chose that moment to slip out into the hall. He would be the first to admit that he was privy to just about everything that happened in the Weasley family, but this was something a little too private… even for him. He looked up to see a familiar figure running to him. A small smile crossed his face as he looked at Luna.
 
“Is Sunshine alright?” she asked suddenly.
 
He blinked at her. It never occurred to him that the news of what happened would travel around the school so fast. “She's pretty hurt,” he started honestly. He saw the near desperate look in her blue eyes and shook his head. “But she should be fine by the end of the week.”
 
Luna forced a smile to cross her face. “That's good to know,” she said in a whisper. “I'd hate for something to happen to her.”
Harry looked at her. “I see that,” he said softly. “I believe she should be awake for visitors sometime tonight. After dinner you can always go and check on her.”
 
She lowered her head as she nodded. “I just might,” she whispered as she moved away from him. She looked up into Harry's eyes as he grabbed her arm. “Harry?”
 
He looked into her tear-filled eyes. “What are you hiding?” he asked quietly.
 
She swallowed nervously as she gazed into his eyes. “What are any of us hiding?” she asked with a shrug. She nearly flinched as he reached up and wiped away the tear that leaked out of her eye. “Harry, please,” she whispered. “Leggo.”
 
“I'm not going to drop this,” he told her. “You're my friend and I want to know what's been going on with you.” As another tear fell, he took a slow breath. “Luna….”
 
Her entire body was shaking. “Not here,” she said in a whimper. “In a class room, in your office, in a closet, but not in the hall,” she pleaded.
 
He looked into her eyes and caressed her face. “We'll have dinner in my office tonight and then you can go see Sunny. Would that be okay?” He wiped away her tears away again as she nodded. “Then go to your quarters and rest. I'll see if Edward can substitute for the rest of the day.”
 
14-14-14
She looked at her two charges and took a trembling breath. When Harry and Ron rushed them in here, she was confronted with one of the things she had never wanted to face.
 
Her nephew was almost killed, and another little girl was closer to dying than anyone at Hogwarts since Voldermort. Ginny felt a smile cross her face when Trowa started to stir. She went to his side and gently pushed his hair away from his face. “It's okay Trowa, you're safe,” she whispered. When a low moan escaped him Ginny took his hand into her own. “Do you think you can open your eyes?” she asked.
 
Trowa moaned again, but tried to do as she asked. “Aunt Ginny?” he asked in a hoarse whisper. He winced as she shined a small light in his eyes. “Hurts.”
 
“I know Sweetheart,” Ginny said as the door to the hospital wing opened. She ran her fingers through his hair and put the light away. “But I had to check your eyes.” She took his hand and gently kissed it. “Can you squeeze my fingers?” she asked. She smiled brightly as she felt his hands slowly tightening around hers. “That's great,” she beamed. Ginny took a breath and reached over to the table next to Trowa's bed. “I'm going to give you something to help you sleep, okay?”
 
Dazed emerald eyes looked at her. “Sunny?” he asked weakly.
 
Ginny's head lowered slightly before nodding. “She'll be fine,” she said filling up a cup with potion. “Right now, you need to rest.” Before he could object, she lifted the cup to his lips and helped him drink its contents. She smiled as he settled back on his pillows. “And in a little while, I'll let the others come by to visit, deal?” she asked.
 
Trowa nodded as his eyes started to close. “Mom's gonna be mad,” he whispered. The potion was starting to take, making him look even more like the child that he is. “Now I'll never play….”
 
Ginny smiled as he fell asleep. “You'll find some way to play, Trowa,” she whispered before kissing his forehead. As she sat up straight, she looked to the entrance and felt her smile widen. She stood and went over to her visitor. Without a thought, she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him gently. “I didn't hear you come in,” she said softly.
 
Bright golden eyes looked at her. “I didn't want to interrupt,” he said lowly. A smile crossed his face as she pulled him closer to the two children. “I take it they're going to be okay. That's good.”
 
“Yeah,” Ginny leaned her head on his shoulder and settled into the circle of his arms. “Trowa's going to be fine. The potion I gave him should heal up his ribs and that concussion in no time.” She turned and kissed his neck. “It's Sunny that I'm worried about.”
 
“The potion should help her as well,” he said holding onto his girlfriend. “There shouldn't be any reason to worry.”
 
“She's lucky to be alive, Ed. She's got four broken ribs, an arm; leg and pelvis are all broken too. There's no way to tell if she has internal injuries, and there's also a chance that she won't be able to have children.”
 
Ed cut off her rant by kissing her tenderly. Ginny was always one to take too much of her patient's pain to heart. When he pulled away from her, he brushed her hair behind her ear. “Deal with that when we know for sure,” he told her.
 
She smiled faintly. “You know, you would have made a damned good doctor Professor Elric,” she told him.
 
He shook his head. “I prefer my alchemy,” he said easily. “And Headmaster Potter said that my classes will be starting up right after the Christmas Holiday. Till then, I'll be substituting here and there.”
 
Before Ginny could say anything, the door opened again. She pulled away from Ed and looked at the youth rushing into the room. “Duo, what's wrong?” she asked with a frown.
 
Violet eyes looked at his aunt and the strange blonde man. He balled his hands into a fist and crossed his arms. “I wanna stay here with Sunny and Trowa,” he demanded.
 
Ginny looked at him and started to open her mouth. She stopped when she saw the way his mouth tightened. She'd seen that look in her own mirror when she wanted something, and would do anything to get it. “Trowa is going to be fine. He was awake for a few minutes, and is sleeping now. Sunny hasn't woken up yet, but I want you to find me as soon as she does.”
 
Duo gave her a shaky smile. “Thanks Aunt Gin,” he said kissing her cheek. His eyes then drifted to the man over by Sunny's bed.
 
“Who are you?” he asked bluntly.
 
Ginny frowned and tugged on her nephew's braid. “This is Professor Elric. Starting January, you'll be in his Alchemy class.” She smirked as Duo pulled his hair away from her. “So be respectful.”
 
Ed smiled as he looked at Duo and Ginny. He didn't know too much about her family, but he could see how much love she had for her nephews. “I was just stopping by to see if Madame Weasley needed any more Serpent Tree Sap,” he said straightening.
 
Ginny gave Ed a grateful look. She didn't need Duo to spill about their relationship. Ron didn't know she had been seeing anyone new…. And she would like to keep it that way for a while. He had a tendency to be over protective. Her attention went back to her nephew and sat him between Trowa and Sunny. “Remember, if either one wakes up, come and get me,” she said ruffling his bangs.
 
14-14-14
Harry looked at the hourglass in the corner and frowned. Luna would be there at any moment, and he would find out about her strange connection to Sunshine Valentine. He looked at the small table Dobby put together for him. There was a small meal, perfect for two, complete with wine and candles. A sigh escaped the headmaster. “It figures he would put together a romantic dinner,” he mumbled. Harry fell silent as the door to his office opened.
 
Luna walked into the office and looked at the Harry, and the table. An amused smile crossed her face when she caught his awkward look. “I didn't dress for dinner and dancing,” she said with false lightness.
 
He mused and rubbed his neck. “Dobby just went overboard,” he said lowly. He looked at Luna and motioned to one of the chairs. “Sit down, please.”
 
Her good mood fell as she looked into his eyes. He was her friend. Her only friend. They came from the same place, yet, she knew the truth he wanted would destroy whatever comforts they had with each other. She inhaled as she kept her eyes locked with his. “Harry,” she started. If their friendship was going to end, she didn't need a pretty dinner to send her off. “Sunshine Valentine is my daughter.”
 
 
 
 
A note from Midori:
Yes, I threw Edward Elric in here, but no, FMA will not be fused in here as well…. At least not yet. Who knows, maybe in another school year? If you want to be angry with anyone, blame me, I did it; Devon's currently tied and gagged to a chair so she really can't do anything. Anyway, let us know what you think! Can't wait to hear from you!!!
Midori Bond