Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Heero Potter: Year 01 ❯ Chapter 15 ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Heero Potter Yr. 01
By Devon Masterson-Bond & Midori Bond
Chapter 15-
 
Violet eyes stared at the usually vibrant girl lying on the hospital bed. It seemed so wrong for Sunny to be this still. Duo held her hand and kept his eyes focused on his friend. “Come on, Sunny, you gotta wake up. Even just for a minute,” he whispered.
 
The sun had set, and dinner had come and gone. Ginny brought him a plate to eat, but it was still at Sunny's side, untouched. The redheaded nurse looked at her nephew from a distance and frowned. It wouldn't help Duo at all if he started to starve himself. Just as she was about to go to him, another visitor entered the room.
 
“I see, you haven't eaten,” Ed said carrying a bag of chocolate. He walked over to where Duo sat and looked at the full plate. “You'll worry your aunt at this rate,” he said lowly.
 
Duo rolled his eyes. “What do you care?” he asked lowly.
 
Ed rubbed his nose lightly. He had a score of reasons to care, but he wasn't going to get into it with the boy right now. He shrugged and held out his bag. “We braided guys have to stick together,” he said carelessly.
 
Duo didn't buy the excuse for a second. He looked at the bag, and noticed it was that Muggle candy that he'd become addicted to while staying with the Grangers. “Thanks,” he said as he grabbed a hand full of M&Ms.
 
“Well, I know that this guy over here's your cousin, but what's the deal with her? She your girl?” Ed asked as he leaned against the medical cabinet between the two beds.
 
“No way,” Duo said quickly. He looked at Ed with almost horrified eyes. “Sunny's one of the guys,” he added.
 
Ed nodded as he continued to watch Duo. “Then why all of the attention?”
 
Duo lowered his head slightly, but continued to hold onto her hand. “She's weird,” he started. “But she's cool. If people would just give her a chance, they'd see that she's just…. She's Sunny.”
 
“She's your best friend?”
 
“She's my partner in crime,” Duo admitted. He felt a blush come across his cheeks and looked at his future teacher. “Can I ask you something?” he asked.
 
A fine eyebrow arched under blonde locks. “Shoot.”
 
“Are you and Aunt Ginny getting it on?” Duo inquired. He heard a choking noise behind him that could only be his aunt, and Ed was looking at him with a horrified expression. “I kinda saw you two kissing earlier, and I remember my mom and her talking about a new guy. Would that be you?”
 
“Duo Maxwell Weasley, I am going to strangle you,” Ginny hissed as she stormed over to the pair. She gave him a playful swat on the shoulder and froze when a low moan came from the bed he was facing. Her eyes widened when she went to Sunny's side. “Miss. Valentine?” she asked softly.
 
Duo moved away from Sunny as Ginny tried to get her to wake up fully. He looked over at Trowa's bed and saw his cousin looking straight up at the ceiling. “Hey, Trowa, you're up too?” he asked.
 
Ed looked at the green eyed boy and saw the distant look he wore.
 
Trowa slowly sat up and held onto his ribs. He was still sore, but otherwise, he felt fine. “I'm awake, Duo,” he said rubbing his eyes. He glanced to his side and saw a strange man with blonde hair and matching eyes.
 
Violet eyes looked at his cousin carefully. He could tell that Trowa was still groggy with whatever potion he was given, so he wasn't going to go off into the rant that he wanted to. He'd save that for a time when there would be no witnesses. He turned back to Sunny and found his friend crying. “Sunny, what's wrong?” he asked going to her side.
 
She shook her head. “It hurts,” she moaned. “All of it. And there's an algebra exam due Thursday.”
 
Ed looked at the pair strangely. There weren't any algebra courses at Hogwarts.
 
Duo laughed as he held her hand. “Don't worry about that Sunny,” he said tenderly. “I'll find a way to take care of it. Trust me,” he said with a smile.
 
She looked at him with tear-filled eyes. She knew Duo wouldn't do anything to let her down. A slight smile crossed her face as she looked into Duo's eyes. “I trust you,” she whispered.
 
Ginny smiled at the pair as she held a mending potion. “Duo, can you and Professor Elric help Miss Valentine?” she asked. Her eyes glanced over to see Trowa watching them… or more accurately, Sunny. The look he wore was one that was regretful, and confused. She heard what happened, and with the expression he had on, she wouldn't be too surprised if he blamed himself for the girl's injuries. She turned back to her patient and sat gingerly next to her. “I'm going to need you to drink this,” she said tenderly. “It'll hurt, but the pain should be gone by morning.”
 
Sunny opened her mouth obediently and drank the potion. As soon as Ginny pulled the cup away, the girl was gagging.
 
Duo's wide eyes flew to his aunt. “Is that supposed to happen?” he asked quickly.
 
Ginny nodded sadly. “She'll stop in a moment,” was all she said as she placed a cloth on Sunny's forehead.
 
Ed looked over his shoulder and saw the way Trowa winced with every gag Sunny made. He frowned slightly as he gave Ginny's shoulder a tender squeeze. “I'm going to take Duo and Trowa back to their dorm,” he said clearly. As expected, Duo shot to his feet protesting. His eyes darkened to the color of honey as he stared at the violet eyed youth. “You need to rest. You haven't eaten since this morning, and you've been at her side for nearly eight hours. Now, unless you want me to start acting like a real teacher, and report you to your mother, I suggest you listen to me.”
 
Ginny looked at her boyfriend and nephew. She was going to suggest that Duo go and get some rest, but hadn't wanted to start that argument. It appeared that Ed knew how to take care of it before it even started. “Duo,” she said softly. She ignored the hurt look he was giving her as she helped lay Sunny back down. “Could you please, go with Trowa back to the dorm? Hermione won't leave Trowa alone if there's no one with him.”
 
Duo's cheeks puffed as he shot Trowa a look. There were a few things he had to clear up with his cousin, and knew that if Hermione was in `smothering' mode, he'd never get a chance. Plus, if Elric carried though with his threat, his mother would conveniently take that coaching position Harry had offered her last year, killing his fun for at least the next seven years. “Sure Aunt Gin,” he said in a low tone.
 
The two adults looked at each other for a moment. Neither expected Duo to put up more of a fight. Ed's eyebrow arched as he looked at the boy. There was something going on, and he didn't know if he wanted to figure out what it was because of Ginny, his job, or the fact that Duo reminded him too much of himself. “Alright then,” he said as he straightened. He would play ignorant for now, but he'd keep an eye out on the boy. “Help Trowa get dressed, and then I'll take you back.
 
15-15-15-
 
Harry blinked at the woman standing on the other side of his office. “Excuse me?” he asked strangely.
 
Luna's eyes suddenly went to the floor. She didn't want to look at the disgust on his face as she explained everything. “After we left here, I thought it would be fun to live in the Muggle world. I moved to America, and even held down a full-time job as a reporter.” She glanced up only to meet concerned green eyes. “Then I met David. He was an engineer that I had interviewed, and he and I hit it off fairly well. You know how it goes. We started dating, and fell in love. We got married, and I got pregnant. And he didn`t even know that I was a witch.”
 
She wiped her eyes and took a deep breath, now to tell the difficult part. “My hormones were going out of control, and soon, it was like I was nine all over again. Things started to float, or explode, or disappear all together. David was also stressed about his job, and one night, while he was in the middle of one of his rants, the TV exploded. I had no other choice but to tell him what I was.
 
“He acted like he was alright with it at first. But the more of my powers he saw, the more he reacted. The day I went into labor, he told me that he couldn't deal with a freak like me, and asked for a divorce.” She looked up at Harry again and bit her lip at the shocked look he wore. “I was going to give it to him. Who wants to be where they're not wanted, right? I was just going to take my baby and leave. Professor Dumbledore had asked me to come on as Charms Teacher; I was going to have a good start. And then David said he wanted the baby as well.” She turned her eyes to where Fawkes and Hedwig were perched, quietly listening. “He and I were locked in a custody battle, and it really did look like the judge was going to rule in my favor.” She covered her mouth as a sob nearly escaped her.
 
Harry walked over to her and wrapped her in his arms. “Where did it go wrong?” he asked in a whisper.
 
“David said that he was going to expose me as a witch. He said he would say I was a part of a cult, and that I was bad for our daughter.”
 
“He couldn't,” Harry said quickly. “He would have to have proof.” He looked into Luna's eyes, hating the fact that she was crying. “You know that.”
 
“He had a copy of the Quibbler. He was going to enter it as public evidence if I didn't give her up.”
 
Harry's blood went cold as he looked at her. Eleven years ago, the Quibbler went out of circulation because Luna's father had been arrested for the crime of exposing the Wizarding Community. “You have to choose, either your daughter, or your father?” he asked in a whisper.
 
“Andrew Goldstein was an officer in wizard/Muggle relations, and he represented me. After he found out about David and the Quibbler, he told me that if I didn't sign over rights to her, I would be arrested along with my father.”
 
“So you signed her over,” Harry said lowly.
 
Luna nodded as Harry moved away from her. “I had to sever all ties. To her I was dead.” She flinched back when he rounded on her.
 
“She thinks you're dead? Luna, I would have thought you'd do better than that.”
 
“David put a restraining order on me. He wanted me as far away from her as possible. So my odd breeding wouldn't taint his perfect child.”
 
“And you gave up on her like that?”
 
A small smile crossed her face. “I was helpless, not hopeless,” she said lowly. When she looked at him, she could see his questioning look. “My Grams had an invisibility cloak. I spent every night with her… as an imaginary friend.”
 
Harry sat at the small dinner table and looked at Luna. “Why did you change her records?” he asked bluntly.
 
Luna looked at her feet again. “David doesn't know that she's here,” she admitted. She tucked a lock of hair behind her ear and shook her head. “Do you remember Hannah Abbot?”
 
“Vaguely. She was in Hufflepuff.”
 
“She's also the director of a top notch boarding school in France. She and I met right after Sunny told me she received her letter. Hanna pulled some strings, and is able to send Sunny her school work from there. This way, she learns things from the school she's supposed to be attending, and her father isn't the wiser.”
 
Harry leaned back in his chair trying to digest what she just told him. “There's going to come a point where she's won't be able to handle the pressure of two schools,” he said looking into worried blue eyes. “And I can't go easy on her if I'm to keep her here,” he added.
 
Luna blinked at him as she approached. “Harry?” she asked softly.
 
He stood and smiled at her. “She has a father that is her true guardian. According to school policy, I am to report her being here to him.”
 
Luna felt her stomach knot up. “Harry?”
 
He held up his hand. “But I know how Sunny must feel,” he said softly. He reached over and wiped away Luna's tears again. “If you tell her who you are, and if she keeps her grades up, then I'll consider you as her guardian.”
 
Blue eyes lit up with joy. “Really?” she asked in a whisper. When he nodded, she acted without thinking. Before either could react, Luna jumped into Harry's arms and kissed him.
 
They both stood looking into each other's eyes for an awkward moment, neither willing to pull away. Harry was the first to give into the urge, and wrapped his arms around her lean frame while deepening the kiss. His mind shut down as she eagerly joined him in his actions. Tongues battled and hands grabbed as they felt themselves falling down a spiral of pleasure.
 
“I'm sorry,” a voice said from the doorway.
 
Harry and Luna jumped away from each other and looked at the door. Luna lowered her blushing face as Durmail looked at the pair. “Yes,” Harry started. He cleared his throat and looked at the Herbology professor. “May I help you Professor Durmail?”
 
The old man looked at the Headmaster, carefully hiding his disgust. “You said you want to know when I was done with bandaging the Whomping Willow,” he said keeping his eyes focused on the man in front of him.
 
“Good,” Harry said with a nod. “In the morning, you and I will have to meet regarding the Ministry's desire to plant more Willows on school grounds. It was by shear luck that neither young Mr. Weasley nor Miss Valentine was gravely injured.”
 
“I understand,” Durmail said before turning to leave.
 
Luna waited for the doorway to close before looking at Harry. His face was just as red as hers, which was an oddly comforting thought. She smiled and shook her head as she started for the door. “I'm going to see Sunny,” she said shyly.
 
Harry nodded before glancing at the untouched food next to him. “You haven't eaten,” he pointed out.
 
She looked at him for a moment. “I like you Harry. And I think you like me too. I'll accept a rain check, after you think about what you want,” she said opening the door. Another shy smile crossed her face as she looked into his beautiful eyes. “Good night Harry.”
 
“Good night,” he repeated. As she left the office, he frowned in confusion. He didn't need to think about what he wanted… did he? He lifted his hand to run his fingers through his hair and paused. There, on his left hand, sat his wedding ring. Harry could feel his heart sinking as he sat heavily at his desk. His wife was gone for over a year, and here he was practically making out with someone else. Green eyes caught sight of the picture of Rei and Heero he always kept close. He smiled faintly at the image of his dead wife. She was smiling and waving happily at the camera. Mindlessly, Harry licked his lips and tasted Luna's grape lip gloss. He rubbed his eyes as he remembered Rei always tasted like strawberries. A low groan escaped him as he saw his ring again. “What am I supposed to do now?” he asked his wife. He sighed helplessly when she laughed at him. “Figures,” he mumbled placing the picture face down and leaving to his quarters.