Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Heero Potter: Year 01 ❯ Chapter 16 ( Chapter 16 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Heero Potter Yr. 01
By Devon Masterson-Bond & Midori Bond
Chapter 16-
 
Durmail frowned as he made his way down to his living quarters. When he started his whole quest, he figured knew that the Potters would be the source of many setbacks. But he didn't count on the small family to cause every single one.
 
In the morning, he would have to speak with the headmaster regarding the Whopping Willow incident. The Ministry of Magic was ready to approve the planting of at least four more trees around the school. It would provide security, as well as beauty and prestige. Now because of that Weasley brat, Potter would move Heaven and Earth to make sure that only the one tree stayed.
 
And that would cut into his plans greatly. He stormed into his quarters and scowled. The Whopping Willows were always rumored to thrive near magical waters. And that fact, along with what was learned over his travels, Durmail was sure he nearly on top of his prize.
 
A faint glow from inside of one of his trunks caught his attention. It was even more proof that he was in the right place. One of the keys was at the school, and being used. Soon, he would find out who had it, as well as the location of the final key that bitch had hidden from him.
 
“Patience,” he told himself. He walked over to the trunk and opened it. He carefully pulled out a large crystal that was glowing in a gold light. “Everything will play out soon enough. I will have the keys, and after that, my immortality.”
 
16-16-16
Duo practically dropped Trowa's bag at the door. He turned hurt violet eyes to his cousin and frowned deeply. “We have to talk about Sunny,” he said seriously.
 
Trowa sighed as he went to his bed. He had a feeling that this was coming, but he thought Duo would at least wait until morning. “I have nothing to say,” he said sitting down.
 
“What is your deal?” Duo asked. When Trowa's head tilted to the side, he continued.
“All she wants is to be our friend, and you treat her like she's less than dirt.”
 
“I don't mean to,” Trowa said in his own defense. “It's just that she's irritating, and an idiot. I don't have time to play her childish games.”
 
“That's not an excuse!” Duo shouted. “I'm irritating. You still hang around me. And you can't call her an idiot, she's smart. Probably smarter than you.” He saw the way Trowa's eyebrow twitched and balled his hands into fists. “Don't tell me that's why you tried to kill her.”
 
Trowa looked at his cousin horrified. “What? You think I threw the ball into that tree on purpose?”
 
“You never want her around. You're always saying how you wish she'd go away. Why wouldn't you want to send her into the Whopping Willow?” Duo fumed as Trowa shook his head. “Don't try to deny it either. You knew what kind of tree that was.”
 
Trowa rubbed his eyes as he absorbed what his cousin was telling him. “I don't believe this,” he said lowly. He looked at Duo and folded his arms over his chest. “Yes, I threw the ball too hard. Yes, I knew what the Whopping Willow was. But no, I did not throw that ball into the tree on purpose. At the time, I was asking her about the Return-to-Sender charm.”
 
Duo copied Trowa's pose and frowned. “And you want me to believe that Mr. Responsible didn't realize what he was doing?”
 
“That's what happened, Duo.” Trowa looked at Duo for a long second before lying back on his bed. “Look, I know that I'm a little harsh on her….”
 
Violet eyes rolled. “Trowa, you're downright mean to her.” He glared into emerald eyes as the taller boy sat up again. “You do everything short of calling her names. Whenever she says something that's a little weird, you blow her off. She just wants to make friends with you, and you're making it well known that if that tree would have killed her, you wouldn't have shed a tear.”
 
Trowa lowered his head slightly. He knew that wasn't true. He's risked his life to save her. A small voice chimed in, telling him that he really only went after her so he wouldn't be blamed for throwing the ball so hard. “I didn't want her to get hurt,” he said in a whisper.
 
Duo shook his head and went to get his pajamas. “Well she is hurt. And now I have to do her Muggle studies, as well as her algebra test… and I don't even know what the Hell algebra is.”
 
“Muggle studies?” Trowa asked just before a set of his own pajamas struck him in his face. “How can she take Muggle studies?”
 
Violet eyes flashed angrily. “Her father hates Wizards and Witches. He thinks she's at some boarding school, so she does the school work from there in order to keep him fooled.”
 
A plan started to form in Trowa's mind. He had never wanted to treat Sunny so horribly, and it was time to make it up to her. “How does she get her work?” he asked quietly. As long as he let Duo continue in his anger, he would tell everything that he needed to help her. “Where do they come in?”
 
“The Early Morning Post. Her stuff is usually the first owl in.” Duo then let out a whine.
“And I have to get up to get her stuff. Trowa, you really suck. You know that.”
 
The cinnamon haired boy sighed as he changed his clothes. “You tell me constantly,” he said lowly.
 
Duo looked at his cousin and frowned. “But seriously. You have to be nicer to her. I'm tired of feeling like I have to choose between you two.”
 
Trowa took a slow breath and laid back on his bed. “I'll try,” he said simply.
16-16-16
 
Sunny smiled in her sleep as she heard a soft, familiar hum. It was the same tune that Lulu used to sing to her. In fact, her smile started to fall as she realized just how familiar it was. “Lulu?” she questioned as her hazy eyes opened. She squinted as she saw a blurred blonde figure. A whimper escaped her as she tried to rub her eyes, only to meet with bandaged hands.
 
“Shh, don't move too much,” the figure said gently taking a hold of Sunny's hands.
 
Sunny blinked, trying to clear her eyes. That was Lulu's voice. As her eyes came into focus, Sunny could only look on in confusion. “Professor Lovegood?” she questioned. “What are you doing here?”
 
Luna ran her fingers through soft red hair and smiled. “I came to check on you, Cricket.” She watched as Sunny's eyes widened impossibly. “I know you have a lot of questions, but hear me out.”
 
Sunny was starting to tremble. “How do you know my nickname?” she asked in a whisper.
 
“I'm the one that gave it to you,” Luna answered. “You were right before. I'm Lulu, your old friend.”
 
“Lulu was invisible.”
 
“I have an invisibility cloak. I would spend every night with you. Reading bedtime stories. Telling you about your powers as a witch. I was hiding from your father.”
 
Sunny felt tears coming to her eyes. “Why?”
 
Luna gently fingered the end of Sunny's braid. “My name is Luna, Cricket. Do you remember what I used to tell you?”
 
“The moon is Sunshine's mother,” Sunny whispered. Her eyes looked at Luna as the woman nodded. She turned her head away and frowned as she tried to think. “Everyone told me you were dead,” she said softly.
 
“I know,” Luna responded in the same tone. “I had no other choice Cricket.”
 
Sunny felt the tears falling from her eyes as she refused to look at the woman. “My name is Sunshine,” she said firmly.
 
Luna blinked as she straightened. “Alright, Sunshine. Do you want me to get anything for you? I believe Ginny said that you were only awake for a little while….”
 
“Can I be left alone?” she asked bluntly. Her eyes still wouldn't look at Luna. “I'm tired, and I don't want any visitors.”
 
The blonde woman nodded as she slowly moved away from her daughter. “Alright. If you want, I can give your homework to one of your friends.”
 
Sunny closed her eyes tightly and nodded. “You can give everything to Duo Weasley. He'll make sure I get it.”
 
Luna nodded and stood. “Alright. I'll make sure he gets everything.” When Sunny didn't respond, Luna lowered her head. She had a feeling that the girl wouldn't understand everything that was going on around her. It was hard for anyone to believe. All Luna could hope for was some sort of acceptance over time. “Good night, Sunshine,” she whispered before leaving the hospital wing.
 
As the door clicked shut, Sunny opened tear-filled eyes. “Good night, Mom,” she whispered.
 
16-16-16
 
Heero couldn't hide the yawn that escaped him. It was late, and even though he completed his homework hours ago, he couldn't put his text book down.
 
“You know, most people sleep when it's this late,” Wushu said from the headboard of Heero's bed.
 
“Most people don't like talking dragons either,” Heero said plainly.
Wushu looked at Heero and gave him a grin. “Are you admitting that you like me?” he asked playfully.
 
Blue eyes looked up from the Ancient Runes text he was studying and frowned at the familiar. “You grow on me,” he said.
 
“Eww,” Wushu mumbled turning away from Heero. “You make me sound like a fungus.”
 
“If the shoe fits,” Heero said lowly. When he heard the indignant noise Wushu made, he couldn't help but smirk. “I just want to finish this chapter,” he said easily. His smirk fell as he looked back at his book. “There's something familiar about it.”
 
Wushu perked up. He was used to Heero's sudden flashes of humor, so he could ignore the shot the boy had taken. “So,” he started as he moved from the headboard to the top of Heero's head. “Read to me.”
 
Heero sighed and rolled his eyes. “You'll find it boring.”
 
“Good. Your voice can send me to dreamland.”
 
“Baka.” It spilled from his lips before he could even stop it. Heero's eyes widened as Wushu looked at him from over his head.
 
“I think I was just insulted,” Wushu said with a frown. “You should at least have the decency to do it in a language I can understand.”
 
“Gomen,” Heero said gently removing his pet from his head.
 
“You're still doing it.”
 
Heero shook his head. “I'm sorry,” he said clearly. “I haven't spoken Japanese since my mom died,” he admitted.
 
Wushu tilted his head to the side. “Humans can speak more than one language? Cool, teach me!”
 
Heero frowned. “You can't even speak English.”
 
Wushu flicked his tail. “A minor technicality,” he responded. He went back to the top of
 
Heero's head and made himself comfortable. “Are you going to read to me or not?” he asked.
 
Heero let out a long suffering sigh. “Alright, fine.” He went back to his book and found his place again. “King Oberon and Queen Titania, the parents of magic lived in the once prosperous land of Avalon. There, they lived in peace with their children for several centuries. Once old enough each child was required to go on a quest to see the world and report to their parents about all they had seen. While this provided to be beneficial knowledge to the king and queen, it stirred unrest among the children who longed for the independence outside of Avalon. Some of the children never returned to their parents and were belligerent when they were brought back home by Oberon's enforcers, the Dementors. One of the children sought revenge and went so far as to kill Oberon, piercing him through the heart with an arrow made of a Griffin's Feather. The arrow head was crafted from a Unicorn's Soul and the bow strung with Dragon's Heart. Oberon naturally did not take the threat of his child seriously and did not properly protect himself from the attack. Upon his death, Titania wept tears of grief. She invoked a spell so that her love would live on within her tears and protected those tears within a fountain of immortality. To keep out the unworthy she turned the instrument of her love's destruction into three keys in order to protect its location.”
 
“You're right, this is boring,” Wushu said with a yawn. He moved from Heero's head to his shoulder and looked at the book. “But the pictures are pretty cool.”
 
Heero frowned as he looked at hand drawn picture of Titania and Oberon. He ignored Wushu as he tried to puzzle out why the legend all seemed so familiar to him. Prussian eyes then widened as he turned the page and saw an image of his Grandfather. “What?” he asked in a whisper.
 
Wushu looked at him curiously. “What?” he countered. When Heero didn't answer him, he looked back at the book. His head tilted to the side as he saw the same picture Heero must have been looking at. “That guy looks like you… but with better hair. You know him?”
 
“To this day, no one has found the alleged Oberon Fountain. While the whereabouts of the three keys is still unknown, archeologists have still studied the legend. Hiro Yuy gained acclaim through his works on the fountain and was rumored to have come across clues dating as far as Ancient Egypt,” Heero read. He looked at the man's face again in amazement. “That's my Grandfather,” he said lowly. He inhaled sharply and slammed the book shut as realization struck. “That's what she was looking for!” he said quickly.
As his owner jumped off of the bed, Wushu quickly flew to the headboard. “What are you talking about Heero?” he called out as he curled around the ever-present doll Rei had given him.
 
“My mother,” Heero said as he quickly pulled his jeans on. “She was looking for that fountain.”
 
“Where are you going?” Wushu whined as Heero grabbed the Griftor's Globe out of his trunk. “It's late and everyone's asleep.”
 
“Don't you see, this is why she died,” Heero reasoned. He looked at the toy dragon and felt his heart slowly start to sink. As gold eyes looked at him, he slowed. “I thought you would understand. I don't have a mother because of this thing,” he mumbled gesturing to the book.
 
“I think I do,” Wushu said lowly. He'd never seen Heero so excited over something, not even Victoria, and it broke his heart to see his friend's hopes just fade out of his eyes.
 
“But look, if we go out now, we'll be in the library until morning, and you still have classes.” Wushu made his way over to Heero and made himself comfortable on top of the boy's head. “I say, since its Friday and all. After your classes, we raid the kitchen for snacks, and then hit the library. We can even get the others to help.”
 
“The others might think I'm just out of my mind,” Heero mumbled. “And Trowa would tell Aunt Hermione.”
 
“And then Dad would be on your case. Good point,” Wushu mumbled. “We could get Victoria to help.”
 
“Maybe,” Heero said with a shrug. A frown crossed his face as he thought. “No,” he said with a note of finality to his voice. “I don`t want her help.”
 
“Heero….”
 
“I lost my mother to this thing, Wushu. I won't loose her too.”
 
 
To be continued …
 
© 2005 Devon Masterson-Bond
Another Bond Girl Production
I think we all know who belongs to who. I am clearly not the creator just the manipulator. Don't sue me, hire me instead.