Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Heero's Journey Part II: Finding Your Soul's Soul ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Heero's Journey

Part II:

Finding Your Soul's Soul

This is the second part of Heero's Journey, if you have not read the first part then do, or else you won't get this story (Well you mite). And PLEASE REVIEW when you are done, or I won't put up the 3rd part (which will take a while to complete.

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any of the GW charters, I DO own Mystic, Becki, Kenny, and any other character you do not find on the GW series.

Chapter 1: Meeting Mystic Shari

Heero had been wondering around for 5 months now and hadn't found what he was looking for. *Are all the women in the world airheads? * He thought, as he entered a small town called Roy. It looked like a quiet place. He heard some scuffling in a nearby ally. Looking into it, he saw a man trying to rape a woman about his age.

"GET YOUR SLIMY ASS OFF ME YOU MOTHER FUCKING ASSHOLE!!" She yelled, as she kneed him in the crouch.

The man grunted in pain, "You're going to pay for that, bitch!" He punched her hard in the face.

Heero had enough, and pulled out his gun. He shot the guy in the shoulder, effectively knocking him off the girl. She got up and ran passed him. The guy got up, holding his shoulder.

"You fucking asshole, you let her get away!"

Heero kept his gun trained on the guy, "You were trying to rape her." He said in his usual monotone voice.

"Actually he's been trying to do that for months." A voice said from beside him.

Heero glanced to the side and saw the girl holding a 12-gage shotgun.

"But he won't be doing anything for a long time." She said with venom. She aimed for (You-Know-What) and fired.

The guy yelled and passed out.

Heero lowered his gun and turned to the girl. She stood about 5 inches shorter than him (5" 5'). She had waist long blond hair, light blue eyes with a solid Persian blue ring around the cornea, and looked like she weighed a good 105 pounds.

She smiled up at him, "He almost got me that time. Thank you. My name is Mystic Shari. What's yours?"

"Heero Yuy."

"If you have nowhere to stay you can stay with me." Mystic offered.

Heero thought about it, he didn't have anywhere to stay, and he did feel attracted to the girl in front of him for some odd reason. He'd seen girls x10 more beautiful than Mystic. It was something about her disposition, and spirit. Heero nodded, "Sure." *Why am I dropping my guard around her so easy? I don't even know her.*

Mystic's smile widened, "Great, I live about 5 miles away. Come on," Mystic said getting on to her blue and black motorcycle. "Hop on," She said, and trough him a spar helmet.

~*~*~*~ 10 minutes later ~*~*~*~

Heero and Mystic arrived at an old ranch with a two-story farmhouse, a barn, and an indoor riding arena.

"It's not much but it's home," Mystic said, getting off her motorcycle and pushed it into the garage next to the house, parking it next to an old Harley-Davidson Soft Tail Heritage.

Heero walked around the old bike, "Nice, are you restoring it?"

"Yeah. My-my dad and me were restoring it together, but when my parents got killed in a battle 3 years ago, I stopped for while. Now I only do it when I have time," Mystic said sadly.

"Battle?" *The battle I had with Epyon? The stray blast from the Zero that hit the ground. It must have hit her parents.*

"Yeah. Between Epyon and Wing Zero. A stray blast from Wing Zero hit my parents, killing them. I've been alone ever since then. I don't blame the pilot for it though, he couldn't have known," Mystic sighed, "Come on, I'll show you your room, and what the ground rules are for visitors."

Heero nodded and followed Mystic into the house. It was a nice place; there were picture of Mystic and her family.

"Just one rule: No going into the basement. You do you'll get hurt. I have 100 different booby traps down there that even a perfect soldier couldn't get past. I school in the mornings, I come home and train horses for a few hours then go to work down at the local bar and grill. Your welcome to follow me around during the day, if ya want," Mystic paused, "Oh, and if you do come, you mite wan to bring a gun. My school gets a little rough sometimes."

"Why is it rough?"

"People get mad at each other. It's common for gunfights to break out during lunch. Becki 'Kappa ne' Inkai has the second highest ranking for good aim in our school, 'Demon Wings' -AKA me- has the highest." Mystic opened the door to the guest bedroom, "Here's your room. I've got to go out and train the new comer. You're welcome to watch if you want," then she walked away, going down the stairs.

Heero looked around the room, it was spacious. It had a full size bed, a dresser, TV, and DVD player. He tossed his leather jacket onto the bed, and walked out the door. Heero walked out to the indoor arena, and saw Mystic working with a large black horse.

"Whoa, Night." Mystic called. Night stopped, and looked toward Heero and snorted. Mystic followed the horses gaze, and smiled at Heero, "Do you like your room?"

Heero nodded. Inwardly, Heero was shocked at how easily he was dropping his guard around her. He watched for 2 hours as she trained 5 horses, and had to restrain himself when she fell off a few times.

"HEY, MYSTIC!!!" A voice rang out.

Mystic turned Smokey -an Arabian, Andilusion, Quarter-horse, Mustang- and ran him for the fence, jumping it, "Becki!" Mystic yelled back.

Heero walked out in time to see Mystic jump off Smokey and hug a girl with long brown hair and light green eyes.

"What are you doing here? I thought you weren't going to be back until next Monday?" Mystic asked, excited.

"I came back early. L2 was boring, plus I missed my Sis." Becki replied.

"You can't separate the 'Demon Sisters' for long. I want you to meet a new friend, Becki this is Heero Yuy." Mystic said indicating Heero.

Heero nodded.

"Heero, this is Becki 'Kappa ne' Inkai." Mystic said, pointing to the brown haired girl.

Heero nodded.

Becki smiled, "Here's a tip for ya; Don't piss Mystic off, she's a deadly shot when she's pissed off. But, otherwise she's as tame as a butterfly."

"Me? Tame? Girl those two words don't mix. There's no way in hell I'll ever be submissive."

Becki laughed, "Except in bed."

Mystic blushed, "BECKI! You know I'll be a virgin until I'm married, like that will ever happened."

"It will, you just have to find the right guy." Becki said to Mystic, but looking at Heero.

"Yeah right, Miss-Goddess-Of-Death."

"So, how are you doing on the g…" Becki clamped her mouth shut when she saw Mystic's 'You-Say-It-And-Hell-Will-Look-Like-A-Nice-Vacation' glare.

"My little project?" Mystic finished.

Becki nodded, *If you call 40 foot robots 'little'.* "Yeah."

"It's okay. I could use some help on it. Ya think you could come by later tonight?"

"Sure, how about 9:00?"

"No, 8:00, school night. We'll end at 9:00."

"Okay. Bye, Mystic-chan." Becki laughed walking back to her own motorcycle.

"See ya tonight, Ki-chan." Mystic waved.

Heero watched as Becki sped off, *I wonder what they're talking about?" What project?"

"That's none of your concern." Mystic said, leading Smokey back to the barn.

-Later…at 8:00-

Becki crept in the door, and was met by Heero's gun, "Hi Heero." She said cheerfully as she walked past him, "Mystic, I'm here!"

"Ok, let me finish the dishes, Ki-chan." Mystic called from the kitchen. A few minutes later Mystic came out, and Becki and her went down stairs.

Heero went upstairs to his room.

Chapter 2 - School is a battleground from Hell

"Heero, time to get up if you plan to be my shadow for the day." Mystic said as she passed the door on her way down the stairs.

Heero heard Mystic trot down the stairs. *She has got to be the most trusting girl I've ever met. Well, I have nothing better to do. This may be my only chance to see what a normal life is like.* When he got down to the dinning room, he saw Mystic putting a 22 pistol into her shoulder holster, and stuff a box of ammo into her backpack.

Mystic looked up, "Ready to go?"

Heero nodded.

"You got a gun?"

Again only a nod.

Mystic smiled, "Great, let's go."

- 10 minutes later -

Heero and Mystic got on the bus, and sat down in an empty seat, "Okay everyone, let's try not to shoot the bus driver today." Mystic called over her shoulder.

Heero looked at her questionably.

"Don't ask."

Heero turned and looked out the window, *Why is it, that when she smiles my knees want to turn to mush?*

- 20 minutes later -

Mystic, Becki, and Heero arrived at school. Heero met more of Mystic's friends, but noticed that everyone seemed to stay back from her small group.

"Hey, Mystic!" A boy with short black hair called.

"Hey, San, do you have the CD for me?" Mystic asked.

"Yep." He handed her a silver CD, "You own me BIG for this. It took me 18 hours to get that info, I was up all night."

"Sorry, but I really need this info and you're the only one with the right programming to pull this off. Thank you." She said putting the CD away.

"HEY, DEMON WINGS!" A voice yelled from across the lunchroom.

"Oh great, him again? He's going to get himself killed one of these days." Mystic muttered.

"Who's that?" Heero asked quietly. *Demon wings? I wonder how she got that nickname.*

"He's been challenging me for the past year. He's lost every time. Just stand back and let me finish this quickly." Mystic said, pulling out her pistol.

Becki put a blindfold over Mystic's eyes, "Sis, try and put him down for good this time."

"I don't want to kill the poor baka. I only kill people in self-defense. He's just a power hungry fool." Mystic frowned.

Heero watched as they were placed 20 feet from each other, there guns pointed at the other, "What are they doing?" He asked Becki.

"A dual to see which one will flinch first. The baka over there usually shoots first. He always misses Mystic." Becki replied.

Heero turned his attention back to the dual. The guy shot his gun; the bullet grazed Mystic's arm.

Mystic smirked and fired her gun, hitting him in the shoulder. "This is over." Mystic said taking off the blindfold. She put away her gun and walked over to Becki and Heero. "Becki, can you get my first aid kit out of my backpack?"

Becki nodded, and opened Mystic's bag, "Lets see; Ammo, binder, hunting knife, 'No Defense is Bad News'?"

"That's for debate class.

Becki shrugged, "Extra pistol, math book, advanced Chemistry, Creative writing folder, here we go!" Becki said, pulling out a small medical kit (school issued :P)

- 2 minutes later -

After Mystic's arm was wrapped, they headed to class.

"What class are we going to?" Heero asked.

"Computer Tech class." Mystic replied.

The three entered the classroom; it was filled with computers. Heero followed Mystic and Becki over to a group of computers near the far wall. Mystic set her bag down next to Becki's and sat down.

Becki, who left to get their equipment, came back, "Here, Mystic." She said, handing her a pouch of tools.

Mystic took the offered pouch, "Thanks, Ki-chan."

"Go ahead and pull up a seat, Heero." Becki said.

Heero pulled up a chair next to Mystic. He watched as she started to work on the old computer.

The late bell rang, and a boy with dark blond hair sat down across from Mystic.

"Oh gosh, Kenny, I was hoping that your shuttle crashed and you were the only one that died." Mystic said, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Fuck you." Kenny spat.

"No thanks. I've had better offers." Mystic retorted.

Kenny flipped a switch near his computer. A burst of high voltage shot through Mystic's computer, the force of the shock blasted her into the wall behind her.

"Mystic!" Becki and Heero yelled.

Mystic slumped to the floor; her body was twitching from the voltage she absorbed.

Heero went over to her and checked her heart rate. It was a little erratic, but it was returning to normal, "She'll be okay."

Becki turned to Kenny and pulled out her gun.

As Becki was doing that, Mystic's eyes fluttered open.

"Ouch." Her vision was a little blurry, when it cleared she saw Heero looking down at her. His facial expression was nonexistent, but his eyes told her that he was worried. "Heero help me up, I want to get rid of this piece of garbage." She told him in a hoarse whisper.

Heero nodded and got behind her and helped her sit up.

With shaky hands she got her gun out, and pointed it at Kenny, "This is for five years of hell." She whispered, her voice still hoarse.

Becki was about to fire, when Mystic beat her to it.

The bullet hit Kenny between the eyes, and he fell to the floor.

Becki turned to see Mystic holding her gun with Heero behind her supporting her. * They would make a grate couple.*

"That's the last time he'll do that." Mystic whispered. Her body was still spasming from the shock. She mentally thanked Heero for his support before the blackness that was trying to take over before, finally did, and she slipped into unconcusness.

Heero picked Mystic up, "I'll take her to the infirmary."

Becki shook her head, "No. There's a ladder at the east wall leading to the roof. Take her there, and let her rest until she wakes up."

Heero nodded, looking down at Mystic, he noticed for the first time, that she was asleep. He walked out of the classroom, and soon came to the ladder that Becki had mentioned. Carefully holding his charge as he climbed up to the roof, he laid her down on a convinatly placed mat, and rested Mystic's head on his lap. *This girl is truly one of a kind. I don't know of anyone that has trusted me as much as this girl when she hardly even knows me. Even Relana was scared of me at first.* He thought as he watched her sleep.

-1 hour later-

Mystic slowly opened her eyes, and were met by a pair of beautiful Persian blue ones, "How long have I been out?" She asked.

"About an hour."

Mystic sat up and stretched, "You make a good pillow. Thanks, I feel a whole lot better now." Mystic said, getting up.

Heero got up as well, "Your welcome."

The rest of the day went by without too many incidents, and they went home.

"I have one thing to say about that school." Heero said.

"Let me guess; Battleground from hell?"

"How did you guess?" Heero asked, genuinely surprised.

Mystic shrugged, "I don't know, just a feeling I guess."

Three months passed. Mystic and Heero became good friends, and Mystic was managing to bring him out of his cocoon that he'd built up over the years.

It was summer now, and school was at its final day.

"YAHOO! SCHOOL'S OUT!" Mystic yelled in excitement.

Heero laughed, "What are going to do now?"

"I'm going to finish my projects."

"Projects? You mean your horses?"

Mystic nodded, "My horses is one of them, but it's more of a hobby. I have 7 other projects all wrapped into one. I'll show them to you some time."

Heero nodded, "Alright."

Chapter 3 - Falling in Love

"Ack! HEERO, I NEED HELP!"

Heero rushed out of the house to find Mystic struggling to keep the new barn door upright. He ran over and took most of the weight off her back. The door must have weighed at lest 300 pounds, *She's strong if she can that much weight for as long as she did.*

"Thanks." Mystic said, as she helped him push and bolt the hinges into place.

"I could have helped you sooner, if you had just called." Heero stated.'

"I thought I had it, but the damn thing slipped." Mystic replied.

Heero ruffled her hair affectionately, "You're a lot stronger than you look."

"That's what happens when you grow up around 13 rowdy boy, and they are the only playmates within walking distance." Mystic said, punching him lightly on the arm.

"What has that for?" Heero asked, holding his arm in mock pain.

"For messing up my hair." Mystic replied, reaching up to ruffle his.

"Oh, now you're going to get it!" Heero said, as he picked Mystic up and through her over his shoulder, then headed for the creek in the backfield.

"HEERO! No, put me DOWN! If you toss me into the creek, you are coming with me!" Mystic screeched, and pounded on his back in hopes that he would release her.

"Is that a threat?" He asked in an amused tone.

"It's a promise." Mystic replied, her voice edged with venom, "And I always keep my promises."

Ignoring the threat, Heero got to the creek, raised Mystic over his head, and tossed her into the water, then turned to walk away. He did not anticipate that she would grab the rope hanging from a tree in front of her, swing across bounce off the tree on the other side, and swing back in front of him.

Mystic slammed into his chest, and wrapped her legs around his waist, letting the momentum carry them the rest of the way into the cool waters. When they surfaced with Mystic, who was still hanging on to Heero with her legs, was laughing her head off.

Heero was shocked that she had actually carried through with her promise and in the manor that she had done it, "You really did you what you said you were going to do."

"I always do. I never break a promise if I can help it." Mystic said, looking into his deep midnight blue eyes.

Heero looked back into her unique eyes, he had the sudden urge to kiss the wonderful girl in front of him, this girl who he had met only a few short months ago and ad been offered a place to stay when she didn't even know him, this girl who awoken emotions in him that he had long forgotten.

Words could not describe how much he cared for this angel, no, angel was not the right word, she was a goddess, a goddess that gave him a true home, opened his heart, and taught him to put the past behind him. Looking into her eyes was like looking into her soul; beautiful, caring, deep, didn't even describe what he saw in them. Heero leaned his head down, and placed a light but lingering kiss on her soft lips.

Mystic was shocked at first of the very pleasant sensation of his lips on hers, but tentatively started to kiss back. Kissing a guy was not new to her, she had boyfriends before, but none of them EVER felt this right. With pervious kisses, she felt like her soul was crying, and she a void that needed to be filled. With Heero, it felt like the world stopped, and her soul was filled with singing fire. *Heero Yuy, I think I'm falling in love with you.* She thought to herself.

Heero felt like his soul was finally complete. He pulled Mystic closer to him, and ran his tongue along her lower lip, begging for entry. Mystic complied, and let him drink from her mouth, letting him kiss the breath from her lungs. They were so wrapped up in each other that neither realized they were floating down the creek, nor did they care.

~ 20 minutes later ~

After an intense makeout, they released each other's lips.

Mystic looked around, and nearly fainted, "Holy mother of god!"

This caused Heero to do the same, "Ah, Mystic, where are we?" He asked, not recognizing the area.

"We're in, or rather floating by, Roy City Park. We just drifted SIX miles, not that I'm complaining." She replied, tightening her grip.

"So, how do we get home?" Heero asked, tightening his grip as well.

"Simple." She said, as she slipped off him and under the water.

Heero immediately missed her warm body wrapped around his. (Not like that you hentais!) He looked around, trying to find Mystic. A minute later she appeared several feet upstream.

"We swim back. This happened to me a few years ago. Come on, I'm getting hungry."

Heero followed her upstream with little difficulty. He watched as she dived under then came up several feet away, "How do you do that?"

Mystic waited for him to catch up, "They're rocks under the water, I dive under the water and pull myself along the bottom. I'll show you." Mystic took his hand, and pulled him under.

~ 1 hour later ~

Mystic and Heero dragged each other up on to the bank of the creek, "Well, that was…fun." Heero smiled.

"Yep. I haven't had fun like that in a long, long time…Thank you."

"I should be thanking you. I've never had fun before."

Mystic gave him a pained gaze, "Never?"

"No. I was orphaned when I was very young. Dr. J took in and had me trained me to be the perfect soldier, I never had a real childhood or a home."

"Oh, Heero." Mystic wrapped her arms around his waist and buried her head into his chest; "Everyone is intitled to a good childhood. I promised I'll show you the true meaning of 'fun' for as long as you are with me."

Heero smiled, wrapping his arms around her, "I'd like that. You are a wondrous girl, Mystic."

"My mother used to say that."

"She was right. I've never known anyone who would offer me into their home when they didn't even know me, and make me drop my guard like you have."

Mystic smiled up at him, "There was something about you that made me trust you on the spot. If you hadn't come by when you did, I'd be dead right now…" Mystic was interrupted when her stomach let out a loud growl.

Heero laughed, "I think we'd better do something about that."

End of Chapter 3

A/N: Well that is the mushiest chapter I've EVER written, and I here by detract this chapter to my Best friend and soul sister…BUNNEY!!!

Chapter 4 - Family Secrets

// 3 months later - 3:05 am //

Heero awoke suddenly to an explosion, "What the?" He quickly got up and went downstairs. He saw Mystic stumble out of the basement. Her hair was singed a bit, and she had little scrapes all over her arms. He ran to her and picked her up just as she was about to collapse. "Mystic, what happened? Are you alright?" Heero asked, worried. They had been going out for the past 3 months. Heero was discovering what love truly was from Mystic, and he was becoming very protective of the girl in his arms.

Mystic groaned, *Note to self: Never work on weapons of mass distraction at 3 in the morning, it WILL come back and bite you in the ass.* "Sorry, I just miscalculated on something, and…it go BOOM!" *Gezz, don't I sound smart.*

"Mystic…" Heero started, but was interrupted.

"I know. I think it's time I show you what I'm working on down there. You have more then proven I can trust you not to tell anyone." *That, and the fact you are the first pilot.*

Heero nodded, "I promise not to tell a soul."

"OK, then set me down and I'll show you." Heero put Mystic down, and she kissed him on the cheek, "Good boy. I want to explain my reasoning for what you will see down here."

Heero nodded again, "Proceed."

"I do agree with Ms. Peacecraft as far as peace goes, but I don't like the whole defenseless aspect of it. I feel we should have some form of defense. Just in case someone like OZ or the White Fang builds up forces to threaten earth again. What you see down here does NOT go past my yard, got it Yuy."

Heero realized that she was dead serious when she used his last name only. He nodded, "I understand, Shari." *What is she doing that is so secret that she does not want anyone to find out?*

Mystic smiled, "I want to thank you for heeding my warning about not going down there." Mystic took a ball out of her pocket, and bounced it down the stairs.

After bouncing down two steps, gunfire erupted from the walls, once it reached the bottom ten grenades dropped from the ceiling, and exploded. After the smoke cleared, there was nothing left of the ball.

"I would hate it if that had been you." Mystic said, as she punched in a code on the wall pad.

Heero's left eye twitched a bit, *Who set that up?* He thought, not realizing he said it aloud.

"I set it up with my dad. It is an upgrade from an older system I designed a while back." Mystic replied, walking downstairs and opened a steel door.

Heero was amazed at what he saw. The room was HUGE, bigger than anything he'd seen before. He looked to his left, and was shocked to see seven new Gundam. The first five were new versions of the originals, the last two were completely new, "How did you do all of this?"

"This? This has been in my family for years. My great-great-great-great grandpa was the creator of the first Gundam. My father created the Gundam that were part of 'Operation Meteor'. Then, their upgrades, and now the 7 that you see here are by me. They are the newest versions, each equipped with a modified version of the ZERO system called the NEO-ZERO system." Mystic stopped in front of the new Wing Zero, "Heero, say 'Hello' to Claw Wing Zero, your new Gundam."

Heero looked at her in surprise, "How are you so sure that I'm a Gundam pilot?"

Mystic smirked, "What can I say, I'm a genius. The disk I got from San contained stats on the Gundam and some of their pilots. I only had Zero's pilot's last name, then last night, after 3 hours of hacking, I was able to get the first name. Imagine my shock when I find out that my boyfriend is the pilot of my pride and joy."

Heero smirked back, "I could say the same. My girlfriend is…"

"A mechanical, hacking, forgery, technological, beautiful genius?"

"Something along those lines."

"OK, we both found out something new about each other. There's something more about me that might shock you."

Heero walked up to her, and wrapped his arms around her waist, "Try me."

"Follow me, my loyal servant." Mystic said, laughing.

"Yes, my mistress." Heero laughed. He followed her down to the last Gundam. It looked similar to Claw Zero, only it had a star on the forehead, and was black with red wings.

"This is Starcross Demon," Mystic said, "she's mine."

Heero's eyes widened a bit, "You're a pilot?"

"Yes. I don't have much combat experience, but I did do the test runs for all the Gundams before they went to their pilots."

"Wow. Just when I thought you couldn't surprise me anymore, you do it." Heero said, wrapping his arms back around her waist, and placed a tender kiss on her lips.

'PI-------------------!"

Mystic's head snapped towards the interruption, it was the vid-phone. "I'd better get that." She jumped over the railing, landing 20 feet below where she was, and ran to the screen, "Hello?"

Becki's image appeared, "Hey Sis, guess what?"

"What?"

"I have a guy here asking about Heero."

Mystic yelled over her shoulder, "Hey baby, come here, you have someone asking about you!"

Heero came down, "Nani?"

"There's a guy asking about you at Becki's."

"Who?"

The face of Duo popped into view, "Hiya Heero!"

"DUO?"

"You too know each other?" Mystic asked.

"Yeah, we're best friends."

"Becki, bring him over, and for the love of peace make sure you blindfold him!" *The second pilot! How lucky am I?*

"Will do, Sis." Becki turned off the screen on her side.

"Why do I need to be blindfolded?" Duo asked, getting into the car and feel around for the seat belt.

"Oh, we're just going to tie you to a bed, and do kinky things with whip cream, and strawberries." Becki said, casually.

"WHAT?" Duo shrieked.

End of Chapter 4

A/N: That's all for now. I'm in the process of writing chapter 5. Please Review what I have now or I won't put up chapter 5. I want 20 reviews before I post the next chapter.

15