Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hell ❯ The New Girl ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The New Girl
 
Trowa was back in his bed reading a book after lunch. His therapy sessions weren't until four, which never really went anywhere. Mostly doctors telling him that suicide was bad and trying to get him to talk once again. Once in a while a patient would go really insane, so the doctors were to busy with them instead of a mute.
 
Al came rushing in. “Trowa what are you doing in here? Didn't you know there's a new girl in here?” Trowa raised an eyebrow. He gave him an I-don't-care look and pointed to his book. “Yeah, I know, you're busy, but Tro she's pretty hot! I've seen her. C'mon get up and lets go meet her. Maybe she'll get some in this crazy place.”
 
Once again Trowa realized how stupid Al was. During the day, nurses, doctors and orderlies roamed the halls; at night you were locked in your room no out usually. Getting “some” was highly unlikely. He gave Al a dull look and once again pointed to his book.
 
“Trowa trust me! You might actually say something to her!”
 
Trowa held up one finger to Al telling him to wait. He leaned over grabbing a big notebook which Relena had given him and grabbed a pen. He then wrote in big blue letters, I DON'T CARE GO AWAY! He pointed to the sign.
 
Al frowned. “She's about five eight with long dark hair. Right now she's wearing jeans and a T-shirt. She doesn't look like some crazy woman instead she actually looks civil. Do you want to know her problems too?” Trowa shook his head, but Al kept talking. “They say she's in here for depression-which girl isn't depressed! HA!”
 
Trowa didn't laugh, but had a real urge to drop kick Al.
 
“Let's see….what else? Possibly split personalities, anger management, and something else. I know she's not anorexic because it looks like she eats. So let's get going! She's in the common room meeting everyone!”
 
Trowa then wrote a huge NO on the paper and showed it to Al. What part of NO didn't he understand?
 
“Fine stay in here and rot. I'm going to find out what else is wrong with her. Maybe she'll date me. I'll tell her to bring a friend for you!” Al laughed. “Oh something else!” He became really serious now. “She's rooming with Margo. Remember her and him?”
 
Trowa frowned and nodded. Margo had split personalities; one girl and one boy. The girl side was really nice and loveable while the boy side was a rapist. She had been thrown in here because the boy side tried to rape a girl. Trowa had heard that the boy side was named Harry and the way you could tell it was that Harry walked and talked differently than Margo. Margo, of course, had no idea what was happening.
 
Trowa stood, tossing his book on his bed. He nodded towards the door.
 
Al smiled. “Good! You'll come! Do you want to put on a long sleeved shirt 'cause your slashed are showing.”
 
He gave him the finger then pointed in the direction where the common room was located. Al laughed happily and led Trowa towards the new girl. Trowa was worried about the new girl's safety from Harry than Al. If the girl could be in here for anger management then maybe she could defend herself….but those could just be rumors. He hoped that nothing too weird happened between her and Margo.
 
They arrived in the common room where men and women were around the new girl. All were talking to her and to each other. Trowa saw Margo sitting next to the new girl. Margo had short blond hair and usually dressed like a patient-colorless. The new girl, however, was like Al had described. Pretty cute.
 
“Al! Trowa! Hi!” Margo chirped. She waved at the two boys. “C'mon here!”
 
Trowa and Al moved closer to Margo and the new girl. The new girl was cuter up close than from far away.
 
“Sarah these are my friends. Al and Trowa.”
 
“I'm Al,” he said shaking hands with Sarah.
 
Sarah looked over Trowa. It was the same kid in the picture, maybe a few years older, but nevertheless, the same kid. He was cute for a target.
 
Sarah held out her hand for Trowa. “Trowa, right?”
 
He nodded and shook hands. His hand was so cold.
 
“So what are you guys in here for?” she asked.
 
“Oh, you know, the usual,” muttered Al. “Suicide, bipolar, and anorexia.”
 
Trowa saw something flash in Sarah's eyes. For a moment he thought he saw a worried look, but shook it off. She was now looking at him with her dark eyes. She was waiting for him to speak.
 
“Oh, Trowa doesn't talk,” said Margo like it was a normal day.
 
Sarah glanced at Margo looking concerned Then back up at him. “Oh, I'm sorry. Are you mute?”
 
He nodded. There it was again. This time the emotion in her eyes looked pissed off than anything else.
 
“Oh well don't let that get you down!” said Al smacking Trowa on the back. “He can comminute perfectly well for a mute. He writes stuff down, uses eyes contact, sometimes that weird hand language and when he's really pissed off he'll give you the finger!” Al laughed, Trowa glared at him.
 
Sarah smirked. “Thanks for that information. So Margo where's our room again?”
 
“Uh…room?” she repeated. “What room?”
 
Sarah frowned. This is going to be harder than I thought! “I'll just go ask a nurse,” she muttered.
 
She stood up facing Trowa. Sarah was barely an inch shorter than Trowa. “I'll see you later then.”
 
“Hey Sarah do you know which group you're in for therapy?” Al asked.
 
“Group therapy?” she asked.
 
Al nodded. “Yeah! Let's go find out which group you're in. I hope you're in my group.”
 
She nodded happily. I'll kill you if you look at me that way again. “Okay!” she said cheerfully. She and Al began to walk to the nurse's station.
 
Trowa knew it. Other intentions besides being friends. He looked down at Margo who was staring up at him. He raised an eyebrow at her.
 
“She's cute, isn't she?” Margo asked.
 
He wondered if Harry had seen her. He shrugged his shoulders.
 
“I think she likes you,” Margo said like a little girl. “Maybe you could be her friend, Trowa. She's really, smart too.”
 
“Trowa you coming?” Al called.
 
Trowa nodded and waved to Margo. He left with Al and Sarah as they walked down the hallway to the nurse's station. Once they got there Al grabbed a chart with the girl names on it.
 
“What's your last name?”
 
“James.”
 
Al looked through all of the J names. He found Sarah. He frowned. “You have group therapy with Trowa's group which is at four this afternoon. Hopefully I'll see you at dinner since I don't have you in therapy.” He turned to Trowa. “Help her out, right? Be nice and watch what you say to her!” He laughed as he walked away.
 
Trowa glared at Al and wanted to kill him so badly. He made a mental note to request another roommate. He looked at Sarah who was looking over the list. She then looked at him putting the chart back onto the counter. She sighed.
 
“Does Al look at every girl he meets that way?” she questioned. Her voice seemed different. Maybe she did have split personalities.
 
Trowa nodded then shook his head. Sarah then nodded understanding what he meant. For the first time in two years Trowa had an urge to talk to her. He opened his mouth to say something, but the words stopped at the back of his throat. Sarah only looked at him questionably.
 
“Are you thirsty?” she asked.
 
He shook his head looking rather stupid.
 
“So Trowa, ever though you can't talk, do you want to show me around?” she asked hopefully.
 
He nodded and led the way. He first guided her to the cafeteria, then to the women's bathrooms and shower rooms, the common room and then the library. He just tapped at the sign outside of it then held up three fingers. Sarah looked at him blankly.
 
“Three…?”
 
He pointed to his wrist.
 
“Oh, three o'clock.”
 
He opened his mouth and pointed to it. He hoped that she would guess it.
 
“It opens at three o'clock.”
 
He nodded. Why couldn't everyone else read him this way? The nurses and doctors didn't even try to understand him!
 
“So what do you do until this group therapy thing?” she asked.
 
He shrugged. Trowa led her down to his room, which luckily Al was off doing whatever he did in the daytime. Sarah saw the nameplate next to the doorway. Trowa Barton. Allen Richards. At least she got the right man. Trowa sat on his bed and Sarah sat down on Al's looking at the pictures he drew and painted. Colorful to colorless. She could tell which side was who's. She also saw how bad Al drew people: sick people.
 
“Al must be top in his kindergarten class,” she muttered.
 
Trowa cracked a smile and nodded.
 
“So while he's in kindergarten what do you do?”
 
Trowa held up the book he had been reading before Al came to get him.
 
“So you read all day?”
 
He looked around for his notebook and pen. A nurse probably came in and placed it underneath his bed again. He leaned over, grabbed it with the pen, and sat back up. He quickly wrote “basically” and showed it to her.
 
“What else do you do?” He wrote more stuff down.
 
“Cards….chess…checkers….So does that mean Al plays with you?”
 
He waved his hand at the angle signaling sometimes.
 
“Sometimes? You don't even want me to play most of the time,” muttered Al by the door. He glanced over at Sarah sitting on his bed. “Trowa mostly plays games with the smarter crazier ones. He wings all the time.”
 
Trowa glared at Al.
 
“Oh so you're pro?” said Sarah.
 
He shrugged. “Oh, Trowa, don't play dumb. He's beaten almost everyone in here besides that Elijah kid. So Sarah….wanna play him?”
 
She smirked. “Maybe later. I'm not very good at chess. I'm better at checkers.”
 
“Me too! Wow! We have a lot in common! Do you like dogs or cats?”
 
Sarah raised an eyebrow. “Dogs-”
 
“Me too! I would ask Trowa but all you get is silence! It's the weirdest thing ever.” He laughed. “So how's Margo?”
 
Sarah glanced over at Trowa who did nothing. He simply stared at Al as he talked. “What do you mean by that?”
 
“Oh, Trowa didn't tell you, eh?” He gave Trowa a sassy look as he made his way over to Sarah and sat down next to her. “Margo has split personalities and doesn't even know about it. It's really fucked up since one mind is a girl and the other is a boy named Harry. Harry's a rapist.”
 
Sarah paled. A girl rapist….I should've asked for a single room. “Rapist?” she whispered. She looked at Trowa to see if Al was making it up. He nodded. “So what should I do if I meet Harry?”
 
“Call me and I'll protect you,” said Al trying to be sexy.
 
Trowa then snapped his fingers at Al. Al turned to see Trowa looking extremely pissed off. Al snorted.
 
“Next time you want something speak up jackass,” Al muttered giving Trowa the finger.
 
In one swift movement Trowa stood up, grabbed Al by the shirt, and had him on the floor. The blue pen Relena had given him was up next to Al's throat. For a moment the boys stared at each other. Silence filled the room at Sarah merely looked down on them.
 
A nurse then walked by. “Trowa! Allen! What on God's green Earth are you doing?” she shrieked. Sarah noticed the call button on the nurse's waist belt. Her finger was over the button, but not touching.
 
Sarah smiled as the boys looked at the nurse. “They were showing me self defense!” said Sarah trying to sound cheerful. “Trowa is really good. You should've seen him! And Al is such a wonderful sparing partner!”
 
The nurse raised an eyebrow not believing anything. “What's your name dear?”
 
“It's Sarah Sa-James. Sarah James. What's yours?”
 
“Betty. How long have you been here?”
 
Long enough. “Oh, this is my first day! Trowa and Al have been
really nice to me-”
 
“Alright,” said Betty folding her arms. “If I hear any rustling in here I'm going to separate you guys.” She walked off.
 
Sarah sighed. Trowa and Al stood up.
 
“Thanks a lot,” said Al. “For a minute I thought I'd be back in the quiet room!” He laughed. “That's Trowa's favorite room!” he laughed harder.
 
Trowa shot him a dirty look and finally pushed him out of the room. Once Al was outside Trowa slammed the door shut breathing hard trying to contain his anger.