Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hell ❯ Therapy ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Therapy
 
Trowa was leading Sarah down to group therapy with other patients going to their own groups. Unlike most new patients that were loners, Trowa noticed that Sarah was barely an inch away from him. A few times when he saw a patient talking to himself he could feel Sarah closer to him. Probably scared out of her mind. He didn't mind though. She would either get use to it or really go insane.
 
They then went into a room with armchairs and couches placed in a circle. A few other patients were sitting down in the armchairs or on the couches. Sarah saw the therapist in a long white coat sitting back at his desk. He looked like Victor the way he was angled, but when he glanced up-completely different. His face was fresh even though there was some gray coming in the brown hair. He wore thin black glasses.
 
Trowa then pointed to the couch and armchair. He then looked at Sarah.
 
“If you don't mind could I sit next to you? I'm..”
 
Trowa simply nodded and sat down on the couch. Sarah quickly sat down next to him on his left, by the arm. About five others came in making up a totally of ten including the doctor. Sarah recognized Margo sitting in an armchair near the doctor. She seemed not to notice her roommate. The doctor then sat down next to Margo looking over his clipboard he looked up at Sarah then back down at the clipboard.
 
“Well it seems like we have a new guest everyone!” said the doctor. “Let's introduce ourselves. I'll start. I'm Dr. Crabbert.”
 
No one said anything as they stared at Sarah. Some with interest, others nothing in their glass eyes. Sarah shifted uneasily. She liked being hidden-that's why she was an assassin, not someone out in the open.
 
“Oh, come on, someone else introduce yourself. She's new. You all knew how your first day was-”
 
“Yeah, Lilly came in here naked,” muttered a boy with black hair. “Some first day.”
 
Crabbert gave a stern look at the boy. “That-”
 
Sarah then saw a girl with a sickly appearance and looked like a toothpick. She glared at the boy. “Shut up Bart!” Lilly hissed. “I was still out of it after getting pumped up with all that greasy-fatty….food!”
 
Bart rolled his eyes. “Whatever you crazy bitch.”
 
“Bart!” snapped Crabbert. “If that language continues you're going into the quiet room! Now apologize to Lilly!”
 
“So sorry Princess,” he hissed. Lilly flushed and folded her thin arms. “New girl, I'm Bart. If you don't like me then don't talk to me.”
 
Sarah simply nodded.
 
“On my first day I remember very well that Bart threw up everywhere,” said a quiet looking girl up on another couch. She looked like she was trying to hide from the world since there was a blanket tightly wrapped around her. Sarah couldn't even see her face.
 
Bart and the others softly laughed. Trowa was the only one who didn't make a sound. Sarah glanced at him seeing a totally different person. He looked like a doll sitting there-folded arms, staring off into space, and showed no emotion.
 
“Janet don't you want Sarah to see what you like?”
 
“NO!” she cried pulling the blanket tighter around her.
 
Sarah almost jumped. The cry was sharp like a whistle and piercing. She was surprised when she didn't see the others covering their ears.
 
“I'm Barb,” said a monotone girl. She looked like she was drunk since the dark circles under her eyes, her paleness, and she looked like she kept drifting off. “I live with the freak underneath the blanket.”
 
Janet moaned again tightening up again.
 
“Barb, remember calling people names is rude,” stated Crabbert.
 
She rolled her eyes and leaned back in the chair giving an I-don't-care look.
 
“I'm Harriet!” said a cheerful girl. She had long red hair in two ponytails. “My first day was Bart's first day, so we both saw Lilly naked!”
 
The group laughed besides Lilly, Trowa, Sarah and Crabbert.
 
Once the laughter stopped Margo spoke up, “I'm Margo. Sarah and I are roommates! Hi roommate!”
 
“Hi…”
 
The last was a boy with short black hair. He looked bored ever since he came in here. He had just flopped into a chair and stared off into space.
 
“I'm Elijah,” he stated. “My first day was a normal one. I woke up, went to the bathroom twice, met Trowa, played a game, ate-“
 
“That's enough Elijah,” said Crabbert. He now looked at Trowa waiting for him to say something or at least do something.
 
They waited for a few minutes before Bart said, “Crabs, you know he don't talk. Just skip him.”
 
“Trowa are you going to introduce yourself to Sarah like the others did?” Crabbert asked.
 
“Actually Sarah's already met Trowa!” said Margo cheerfully. “She met him after lunch with Al!”
 
Crabbert simply nodded. “Alright Sarah. Now its your turn to introduce yourself.”
 
Sarah looked around at all of them. Most could care less who she was and that was fine with her. She opened her mouth trying to think what she should say.
 
“I'm Sarah. My first day is going fine so far,” she said uneasily. She wasn't very good with people that she didn't know. In fact, she remembered being anti-social in school.
 
“Good. Now where did we leave off yesterday? It was Bart right? So now its Janet's turn.” Janet shrank back into the couch. “Now c'mon Janet. No one is going to laugh at you. Now take off the blanket.” Crabbert quickly looked at the others.
 
“Yeah, Janet, you look much better without the blanket,” said Lilly. Sarah thought Lilly should be wrapped up in the blanket since you could see her bones. “You're so cute and thin….very thin…”
 
“C'mon Janet. Take off that blanket and show yourself to the world or else Crabs will be on you all day long,” muttered Bart.
 
Crabbert shot him a dirty look for calling him that name. Janet slowly came out from under the blanket. She had long wavy hair and was cute. She quickly glanced around at the group. She looked scared out of her mind.
 
“Very good Janet.”
 
“Yeah, good job,” Barb said with her monotone voice. “You came out freak.”
 
Janet then quickly went back under the blanket. Everyone frowned at Barb and Crabbert pulled Barb out into the hallway.
 
“Janet you aren't a freak. Your roommate is,” said Harriet. “She's such an uncaring sedated bitch.”
 
“I want a new roommate!” cried Janet. Sarah could hear her crying from underneath the blanket. “I hate Barb!”
 
“Doesn't everybody?” stated Elijah. “Watch out for her Sarah. She has split personalities. That one is drugged up one and the other one is the killer. Her last roommate ended up in the hospital.”
 
Sarah felt sorry for Janet being roomed in with a “killer”. “Why? I don't plan on being with her anytime soon.”
 
 
“Yes, well Barb is uncivilized,” muttered Lilly. “She picks fights with people all the time. Hell, I remember her trying to pick a fight with that mute over there.”
 
Trowa, for the first time in a while, glared at Lilly. He looked directly at her and narrowed his eyes.
 
“What are you going to do about it? Kill me with silence?” snapped Lilly.
 
“Leave Trowa alone!” Harriet snapped back. “It's not his fault he can't talk!”
 
“Oh, really?” she challenged, “I've heard that he used to talk up until he sliced open his wrists! His friends come in here and complain how-”
 
“Shut up,” said Elijah. “We don't complain how your bones make us sick, so don't complain about Trowa because he turned you down.”
 
Lilly flushed and stood up. Sarah thought for a minute she'd fall over. “The only reason you stand up to him is because he's the only one that can stand up to you in chess! Why don't you just go back to Oxford where you belong!”
 
Elijah sharply stood up. “Where I belong? Why don't you go back to a COW FARM!” he nearly screamed.
 
Lilly narrowed her eyes. “You're a bastard!” she snapped.
 
“And you're an uneducated brat!” he stabbed back. “That political assassin should target your fat ass and get rid of you!”
 
Sarah frowned at that remark. She looked over at Margo who seemed completely different. At first she was sitting Indian style, but now her whole structure seemed different. She sat with one leg over the other leading back in the chair and her head rested on her hand. She was watching the fight with pleasure and had a soft grin on her face. Maybe that's her other personality? Harry, I think.
 
Lilly gave Elijah the finger. “Fuck you!”
 
“Guys Crabbert will come in and get you all in trouble!” squeaked Janet. “Just sit down and please be quiet!”
 
“OH, wow, fatty and her strong words!” snapped Elijah. “Were you planning on running me over, too?”
 
Lilly now looked like she was going to cry. “Margo! Say something to back me up!”
 
All eyes were now on Margo. She softly grinned and flipped her hair out of her eyes. “What do you want me to say, dear?” Her voice was deeper like a man's.
 
Sarah looked at Trowa. He pointed to his hair. “Harry?” she whispered. He nodded.
 
“If Elijah's words are painful just ignore him. The thing I want to know is who that beauty is sitting next to Trowa.”
 
“This is why you pay attention Harry,” said Bart. “She's already introduced herself.”
 
“Ah. Well my dear I am Harry. It's nice of you to join us. Please forgive the stick figure and the genius. They fight a lot. By the way, where is Dr. Crabbert?”
 
They heard the door open. Elijah and Lilly quickly sat down just before Crabbert walked in. Barb was gone for now. He walked back over to his seat and sat down.
 
“Sorry about that everyone. I didn't mean to spend tat much time away.” He looked at his wristwatch. “Only ten more minutes. Who's next?” He looked down at his clipboard and frowned slightly. “Trowa Barton it's your turn.”
 
Trowa only stared at Crabbert. He was once again emotionless like a doll. Crabbert wrote something down.
 
“Can you understand me?” he asked very slowly like you would to a person who didn't know English.
 
He didn't move.
 
“C'mon Trowa give him a thumbs up or something!” encouraged Harriet.
 
“Yeah, I really don't want to wait in silence,” muttered Bart.
 
Crabbert wrote a few other things down. “Trowa can you at last give me a sign that you can hear me?”
 
Nothing.
 
Sarah began to wonder what was really wrong with him. Something other than being mute since he could read, communicate well, and had emotion. She knew something else was wrong besides being a mute and probably a cutter. But what?
 
“Why does he even come if he can't speak?” demanded Lilly and just yesterday she wanted to date him.
 
“Shut up princess!” snapped Bart. “Why don't you eat when you know you could die?” he sneered.
 
Lilly turned red. “YOU-”
 
“That's enough!” Crabbert demanded. “Stop it both of you! I was hoping you'd be nicer to each other after yesterday's session!”
 
“Well why can't you just accept people with their problems?” Bart demanded.
 
“Well why doesn't he just do something?” snapped Lilly. “He's not this retarded out there!”
 
“Don't use that word-”
 
“I hope you choke on your dinner!” yelled Bart.
 
“Bart!”
 
“Screw you!” Lilly shouted back.
 
“Lilly!”
 
Crabbert stood up and shouted, “STOP IT! Both of you!” They went quiet. “Any more of this and I'm putting you in the quiet room! I will not tolerate this! This is therapy! Not insult your peers!”
 
“We're not friends!” they stated at the same time.
 
“I don't care! Stop this now,” he growled.
 
Sarah took a look at Trowa. Still motionless. It looked like he wasn't even listening anymore, but he clearly was since his eyes followed the conversation.
 
“Well it's Trowa's fault for not communicating at therapy!” hissed Lilly folding her arms across her chest. She looked away from the group and missed Trowa's glare.
 
“Leave Trowa alone,” Sarah said becoming annoyed with this fight.
 
To everyone else it looked like she was standing up for him. Lilly shot Sarah a dirty look. “Don't look at me that way!” she snapped.
 
Lilly and the others looked stunned. They could hear venom in her voice.
 
“You keep implying Trowa has a problem which he doesn't!” said Sarah calmly. “So what if he doesn't do anything here because you make up-”
 
“Okay, that's enough!” said Crabbert again standing up. “This session is over everyone who has individual therapy today get going. Everyone else, please just go back to your rooms and pray for a better session. Go on.”
 
Janet quickly jumped up and ran out of the room. Harriet quickly left with Elijah following her. Lilly shot Bart, Sarah, and Trowa a dirty look before leaving. Bart rolled his eyes and left. Sarah and Trowa left together.
 
“God, Trowa do they do that all the time?” Sarah asked. Trowa was walking her to her individual therapy session.
 
He nodded.
 
“And you put up with all their insults like that too?”
 
He nodded again.
 
“I'd find them after therapy and kill them,” she muttered. She saw Trowa faintly smile at that comment. “Do they do this at every session?”
 
Another nod. He stopped at the door and pointed to the nameplate. Dr. Avon in black letters.
 
“Thanks Trowa. I go straight to dinner after this, right?”
 
Another nod.
 
“Hopefully I'll see you there. Bye.”
 
He waved and left once Sarah walked into Dr. Avon's office. Hopefully dinner would be calmer than therapy.