Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hell ❯ Rumble in the Common Room ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Rumble in the Common Room
 
Therapy with Dr. Avon was a lot better than with Crabbert. Dr. Avon only focused on how Sarah was doing and asked her a lot of questions. When forty minutes had passed he let Sarah leave to go back to her room or wherever she went during the free time before dinner. She quickly left and felt like a real patient. So many questions and fake answers.
 
Sarah went directly to the common room and feel onto a couch. Barely anyone was in there because of therapy or the visiting hour. She closed her eyes and sighed. This was going to be harder than she thought. Keeping her mouth shut, trying to keep her stories straight and refrain herself from beating up others. This'll be painful.
 
She heard footsteps and felt someone looking down at her. She opened her eyes to see Trowa standing above her. She blinked a few times making sure it was him.
 
“Hey. What's up?”
 
He simply shrugged. He then dropped a small notepad onto her stomach. She picked it up and read it. How was therapy with Avon?
 
Sarah sat up and moved so Trowa could sit down. “It was okay.”
 
Trowa sat down holding the pen in his other hand. “He explained most of the rules and asked me a lot of questions. Did you have therapy today?”
 
He shook his head. Tomorrow, he wrote.
 
“How come at therapy you just sit there? Why don't you do something like you did with Al?”
 
So many people had asked Trowa that question and he never answered them. In fact, he didn't know why he never stood up and fought back. All his life he was insulted and pushed around. He could care less what others thought, maybe that's why he never spoke up.
 
Trowa shrugged.
 
“Well I think next time you should do something about them. The way they treat you is horrible. Crabbert thinks you're a kid and Lilly called you retarded!”
 
Everyone does, he wrote.
 
Sarah frowned. “Well for one you're not retarded, so the next time someone calls you that smack them! Hell, come and get me and I'll give them a piece of my mind!” she paused seeing his uncomfortable-ness. “So what's the food like here? I skipped lunch.”
 
Trowa waved his hand at an angle.
 
“Great,” she muttered. “School food.”
 
Trowa cracked a smile.
 
Once six o'clock came Trowa and Sarah walked down to the cafeteria. Other patients were filling in grabbing their tray of food and sitting down at large and small round tables they stood in line, grabbed a tray of food and Trowa led the way to his table where he always sat. Sarah looked at the food: mash potatoes with gravy and grilled chicken with vegetables on the side. It looked eatable, but anything could look eatable. They at down and Sarah poked at her food. Al, Bart, Harriet, and Margo came and sat down with them.
 
“Hello Sarah!” said Al happily sitting next to her. “I heard you told off Lilly! Very impressing for your first day.”
 
She smirked. “Thanks Al. I can't believe group therapy is always like that.”
 
Bart snorted poking at the chicken. “Yeah, well, Lilly starts a lot of shit. She's a drama queen and wants attention. She's been like that ever since she came here.”
 
“How long has she been here?”
 
“About five months,” said Harriet and took a drink of water. “She's not very friendly either. She probably hates you because you're around Trowa.”
 
Trowa shot Harriet a shut-up look.
 
“Well its true Trowa!” she shot back. “Lilly has wanted to date him for a while now. She can't stand other girls talking to him.”
 
Sarah raised an eyebrow. “Does she do anything to the girls that are around him?”
 
“Usually tries to pick fights with them,” said Bart chewing on the chicken. “She might even attack someone. She's really wacky towards everyone.”
 
“I don't really like her,” said Margo. “She insults everyone, but when you insult her she…she feels like the ultimate sin has been done.”
 
“She's a real bitch if you ask me,” said Bart. “So Trowa I missed how you told Lilly no. What did you do?”
Trowa simply stared at Bart for a minute. He then shook his head.
 
“I'm surprise she knew what no was,” said Al.
 
Sarah then looked around for Elijah, Janet, Barb, and Lilly. “Where are the others at from therapy? Where do they sit?”
 
“Lilly eats with the other anorexic kids that eat with the doctors,” said AL.
 
“Janet is so scared of coming out of her room a nurse eats with her in the nurse's lounge. Usually about ten other nurses are in there trying to make Janet get out from under that blanket,” said Harriet. “Barb eats on the other side of room where the rehab people usually eat. Most of them though barely know where they are half the time.”
 
“Sometimes Barb eats with others when her other personality-”
 
“Called Wire,” Al put in.
 
“-comes out and wants a livelier crowd. Her last roommate barely lasted a week just like Trowa's roommates,” said Bart.
 
Trowa shot him a dirty look. Al frowned. “Are you saying I'm not going to last a week with him? So far he's my favorite roommate!” stated Al looking offended. “And for your information this is week two!”
 
“Where does Elijah eat?”
 
“With the other geniuses,” said Margo. “Seriously. He sits with all the chess players, book readers, and the crazy cool students. Elijah went crazy in Oxford.”
 
Sarah's mouth dropped open. “Wow! Oxford!”
 
“Yeah, yeah, wow, wow,” muttered Al. “Eat your food before it crawls away.”
 
Sarah ate most of the food and left dinner to go back into the common room. Her stomach was turning over and the noise wasn't helping either.
 
She fell back onto the couch and held her stomach. She had forgotten about government food and wondered how long she could eat without vomiting each time. Sleeping felt so good as she lay there with her eyes closed.
 
“Such a pretty girl,” muttered a voice from above.
 
“Yeah, real pretty.”
 
Sarah opened her eyes to see two men standing above her looking down at her. Their eyes were on her body. She frowned
 
“What's your name girl?” the blond asked. “I don't think I've ever seen you before.”
 
“And I think that's a good thing,” Sarah said standing up. The men looked at her surprisingly tallness. “Goodbye.”
 
 
“Wait dearest,” said the dark haired one. “What's your name?”
 
“I'm sorry but that information is classified,” she stated. As she took a few steps towards the door the blond grabbed her wrist tightly.
 
“For someone being new you sure are a real bitch.”
 
Sarah shot him a dirty look. “Go find someone else to both-AH! Let go!” The man tightened his grip and turned his hand in a way rubbing the skins together.
 
“Oh, we only want to talk,” said the dark haired one. He ended up behind her and pushed her to the floor.
 
Sarah smacked the ground hard hitting the side of her face. Her right hand twitched. She had forgotten that some patients were madly strong. So maybe it is okay to fight back? Sarah's right hand went to her waist where she usually kept a knife, but once she felt her pant line she remembered where she was. She lifted her head to see where they were standing, but only saw the back of the couch. She turned her head and saw one barefoot going straight for her forehead. The foot hit her forehead as she grabbed his ankle and dug her nails into the skin.
 
As her head hit the floor once more she heard two soft screams. A hand touched her shoulder and Sarah started punching out. She felt her hand hitting something.
 
“Ah! Will you stop that Sarah! OUCH! STOP IT!”
 
Sarah's eyes flew open and saw Trowa rubbing his chest. She saw a red mark on the side of his face. He was now sitting down on the cold floor. She quickly looked around. The two men weren't there anymore nor anyone else.
 
“God that hurts,” he said in almost a whisper. “Are you okay?”
 
Sarah only stared at him. He talked. Trowa talked. The mute talked! She was stunned as she stared at him.
 
“Sarah?”
 
“But-what-you talking….what?”
 
Trowa helped Sarah up and saw bruises forming on her upper wrist. Sarah was still staring at him with wide eyes. “I'll help you back to your room.”
 
He led her down the hallways towards Margo's room. Lucky enough for them that most of the people were still eating dinner, so no one was in the hallways. Trowa easily found Margo's room and pushed the door opened. He made Sarah sit down on her bed and simply looked at her.
 
“Thanks Trowa,” she said still stunned.
 
He nodded. “Get some rest.”
 
She nodded staring at him. Trowa left before Margo would come back and see them together. Sarah looked at her bruising wrist and wondered how Trowa knew she was in danger. She got into bed before Margo got back.
 
Trowa went directly back to his room almost shaking as he walked. He had talked. He had actually talked with another human being. A new girl that he had barely known for even a day and he had to her, but he couldn't talk with the others. When he got into his room he went directly to the bed and laid down. He was shaking now.
 
All this time he had been afraid of talking with others since his attempt suicide. The words came out while talking with her, but with Heero, Duo, Quatre, and Wufie-nothing. His words stopped and he couldn't voice them. He closed his eyes tightly and curled up on his bed.