Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hell ❯ The Visitors ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Visitors
The next day Sarah and Trowa were sitting in the common room near the back corner sitting in the armchairs. They had been quiet for a while just looking around the room. The notepad and pen were sitting on the desk between them-nothing had been written or spoken between them.
 
“Trowa,” she whispered, “I wont tell anyone that you spoke yesterday. I know what would happen if I told people. They would think I was crazy or the doctors would find out and keep bothering you. But it's nice that you chose to talk to me.”
 
Trowa had been staring at the nurse sitting at the doorway looking at patients. At first he didn't move when Sarah said this, but only moved his eyes to look at her. He then nodded giving her a soft smile.
 
“How did you know where to find me?”
 
He held up six fingers then pointed to his head.
 
“Sixth sense?” They grinned at each other. “So do you want to play cards?”
 
He nodded.
 
Several hours went by as they played all sorts of card games, Trowa mostly winning. Even though he didn't talk Sarah was having fun. She began to think this was like a vacation and no one in the world cared about anything here. Game after game Trowa won.
 
“God, I suck,” she muttered with a smile on her face. “Are you sure I'm playing this right?”
 
Trowa nodded. He had a soft smile on his face as he began to reshuffle the cards. He looked up and stopped. Sarah turned to see two people talking with a nurse pointing over at them. The man had very long brown hair braided and was dressed like a priest. The girl next to him with long blond hair was Crystal Kamiya. Sarah's face paled and Crystal's eyes slightly widened when she saw Sarah.
 
“Trowa who's that?”
 
“Yo, Trowa! Over here!” he called waving at them. “Hey Trowa! I can see you looking at me!”
 
“Duo,” he mouthed. Sarah could barely see his lips move.
 
Duo grabbed his wife's hand and led her over to Trowa.
 
“Hey Tro! I know you're surprised seeing me, but hey, I know you miss me more than anyone else!” Duo looked at Sarah who was staring blankly back at him. “Hey Tro who's your new friend?”
 
“I'm Sarah. You?”
 
“I'm Duo, one of Trowa's greatest friends and this is Crystal, my wife!” Trowa was staring blankly at them. “Oh, c'mon Trowa, the least you could do is shake her hand!”
 
Trowa raised an eyebrow at Duo. He had never even shown the others his wife, so why bring her here to him?
 
Crystal looked between the two boys then at Sarah who blinked once. “Duo, dear, could you show me where the bathrooms are at?”
 
“Crystal-”
 
“I'll show you!” said Sarah happily. “I'll be back. C'mon Miss Crystal!”
 
Sarah and Crystal then left the two boys by themselves. Duo sat down in Sarah's chair and smirked.
 
“So what's with the girl? You looked awfully happy over here with her and happy isn't even programmed into your brain.”
 
Trowa shrugged. Just a friend, he wrote. She's new.
 
“New eh? She's pretty cute for a friend. What's she in for?”
Trowa simply shrugged. He had heard so many rumors he didn't know which ones were true or false.
 
“Well just make sure she isn't really crazy if you bring her home. I think the others would probably send you back here.” Duo laughed, Trowa frowned. “Speaking of the others,” Duo said with serious in his voice, “Quatre told me what happened the last time he visited. You didn't ever acknowledge he was there or even move! What the hell is wrong with you? Quatre's thinking that it's his fault you've gotten worse over the past two years. He's also thinking of moving you to another clinic.”
 
Trowa now looked stunned and raised an eyebrow.
 
“Don't ask me about it. That's what he said. You know how he is when he gets like this. One day he's going to start to think the reason why space has no air is because his lack of effort. I swear, he's going down hill especially with that assassin running loose and you in here.”
 
Trowa sighed and leaned back in the armchair. What's up with this bi spell, he wrote.
 
Duo shrugged. “The Zero system really fucked with his mind. We were barely in the cockpit and it somewhat messed with our minds. Makes you wonder how fucked up Heero is. But you should see some of the men I've seen him eating at dinner with. Tanned, and well dressed like a model. Why do you ask?”
 
He kissed my check.
 
Duo raised an eyebrow. “He-Quatre did that? Shit, man, I never knew he would kiss any of us. What did you do?”
 
Nothing. I just froze up and couldn't even move.
 
“Whoa….I don't even think I could do that!”
 
Trowa nodded. After a few minutes he snapped his fingers at Duo then pointed at his left ring finger.
 
“What? Is Crystal back or something?” Duo turned to look, but no sign of her or Sarah.
 
Trowa shook his head. Everything was simpler when he just wrote stuff down to Duo. How come you brought her to see me?
 
Duo shrugged. “I wasn't really on planning it. We were in the area and I wanted to see you after what Quatre told me, and she was with me.”
 
How come no one else has seen her?
 
Duo looked at the ground. “I'm not ready to introduce her to the others. Hero would be creepy, Quatre and his…spell, and Wufie…is Wufie. You know how he thinks of women. I just…” He shrugged looking at Trowa, loss of words for once.
 
 
Once Sarah and Crystal was out in the safety of the halls, they walked towards an empty hallway. Silence was between them until they knew no one was around. Then they hugged each other tightly.
 
“I had no idea you were in here!” said Crystal once they separated from each other.
 
Sarah nodded. “Yeah, my target has been in here for two years.” She paused. “Do you have any cigarettes? I haven't had any in a few days!”
 
Crystal gave her one slim one and Sarah lit it up happily. “So who's your target?”
 
“The mute,” she answered. She blew smoke out between her teeth. “Hopefully somehow I'll finish the mission.”
 
“Well just think of it as a vacation. You've been busy forever and this is a chance just to relax and have fun.”
 
“In a mental ward?” she muttered. “Yesterday I had to fight off horny patients. Some of these people need so much help and the doctors don't do anything about it. My group therapy doctor treats Trowa so horrible and we've only had one session!”
 
Sarah then snuffed out the cigarette. “So what are you in here for?”
 
“Depression, anger management, and something else that Victor said. I wasn't listening while he walking.”
 
Crystal smiled. “Well make the best of this time here. Its probably the only time you can truly rest.”
 
“Right. Now what's up with that man? I had no idea you were married to a Gundam pilot.”
 
Crystal simply shrugged. “I didn't really want anyone to know. He thinks I work as Victor's assistant. Doesn't ask questions about my job. Duo is really special to me. He knows how to have fun.” She glanced down at her watch. “We better get back or else Duo might think someone crazy has kidnapped me. Good luck with your mission Satoru.”
 
“And good luck trying to replace me Kamiya. You can bust me out anytime you want if you hate the job.”
 
Crystal smirked as they made their way back to the common room. When they arrived Trowa and Duo were still in the same place as they had left them.
 
“We're back boys!” Crystal said with a smile. Sarah sat back down next to Trowa as Crystal sat by her husband. “Duo, dear, I really hate to say this, but we must be going. My lunch break is almost over.”
 
Sarah had to hide her smile. She knew that Crystal didn't have a lunch break limit. Something else must've been up.
 
Duo somewhat frowned. “Okay, okay. Well Trowa I'll send Heero or Quatre or Wufei this way. Hey how about those circus friends? I heard that they might be in town and I'm sure Kathy would love to see you. Sarah nice meeting you. Later Trowa!” He and Crystal then left without taking another look back.
 
“He's really something else,” stated Sarah. “Have you guys been friends for a long time?”
 
Trowa simply nodded. They then began to play cards again.